PDA

View Full Version : NHC Wednesday - Palace

sunshine1875
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Anyone watching the relegation decider. Currently watching online via BBC website.

Fantastic game. Wednesday have to win to stay up, but are losing 2-1. They are trying everything to get a goal back.

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone watching the relegation decider. Currently watching online via BBC website.

Fantastic game. Wednesday have to win to stay up, but are losing 2-1. They are trying everything to get a goal back.

Yep, Palace were lucky to go 2-1 up as Wednesday were creating all the chances, can't see them coming back now to be honest. I've heard that Speroni (ex Dundee keeper) has been fantastic the last 2 seasons?

iwasthere1972
02-05-2010, 01:40 PM

Saw only a few minutes of it earlier on but screen kept freezing. :wink:

Anyone see Ivan Sproule (Blackpool v Bristol City) waving his arms to say no penalty when he went down in the Blackpool penalty box. :top marks

marinello59
02-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Saw only a few minutes of it earlier on but screen kept freezing. :wink:

On BBC1?:greengrin

iwasthere1972
02-05-2010, 01:43 PM
On BBC1?:greengrin

:doh: I've been watching SSN. :grr:

Cheers. :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Should have been a goal for Wednesday. Was that Jeffers or Nish?

iwasthere1972
02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
2-2

Interesting last 5 mins

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 01:53 PM
2-2!!:devil:

Gus
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Game on, i hope wednesday do it

dont like that smug g1t who owned them

iwasthere1972
02-05-2010, 01:57 PM
5 mins to go. I can see them doing Palace. Or maybe not.

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Palace stay up, Wednesday are relegated.

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 02:11 PM
looked like a fair bit of bother after that finished..fans clashing on the pitch etc

Hibbie_Cameron
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Far far better game than Livepool v chelsea imo

marinello59
02-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Now that was an entertaining game.

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Dissapointed that it's over as i'm having to watch Liverpool v Chelsea now.:yawn:

Sir David Gray
02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
looked like a fair bit of bother after that finished..fans clashing on the pitch etc

I think today's scenes prove that stewards are a total waste of space. It was obvious that, no matter what the outcome was in that game, there would be a pitch invasion at the end and one side's fans would be ecstatic and the other side's fans would be upset.

There should have been two banks of stewards around all four stands just before the final whistle so that no-one could possibly get onto the pitch. The organisation was shambolic to say the least and the scenes at the end were pretty ugly.

I would think that both clubs will receive heavy fines after that.

essexhibee
02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Was a great game as a neutral to watch. Shame about the ugly seens at the end. Looked like the Palace fans invaded the pitch but instead of going to their players they goaded the opposition fans. Real silly move that one. Palace players were getting attacked, anyone seen that guy try (and miss) punch the palace player with his top off? Mental scenes, agree with the post above the shocking stewarding. They must have known there was going to be a pitch invasion from whoever won!

A funny thing to see was a palace official bundle the captain into the tunnel whilst he was doing an interview!

Brando7
03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
I think today's scenes prove that stewards are a total waste of space. It was obvious that, no matter what the outcome was in that game, there would be a pitch invasion at the end and one side's fans would be ecstatic and the other side's fans would be upset.

There should have been two banks of stewards around all four stands just before the final whistle so that no-one could possibly get onto the pitch. The organisation was shambolic to say the least and the scenes at the end were pretty ugly.

I would think that both clubs will receive heavy fines after that.

As a former stewart years ago we were told it was not our jobs to prevent fans getting onto the pitch, raise your arms to say stop but if they pass you to leave it and the police will deal with them n look like twats:agree:

Sir David Gray
03-05-2010, 06:55 PM
As a former stewart years ago we were told it was not our jobs to prevent fans getting onto the pitch, raise your arms to say stop but if they pass you to leave it and the police will deal with them n look like twats:agree:

I've seen loads of stewards on TV at English games actually hauling at fans to prevent them from reaching a player who's celebrating a goal and even last week at Easter Road when Lafferty scored and celebrated in front of the West Stand, there were a couple of Hibs fans who were going mental at him and the stewards had their hands on them, trying to force them back.

As far as I'm concerned, if people want to celebrate a goal or go mental at an opposition player then they should be able to do whatever they like, so long as they don't actually leave the stand or throw objects, without having anyone telling them to go back to their seat.

However, with that match on Sunday, it was obvious that regardless of the score, there would be a pitch invasion at the end of the game as one side was going to stay up and the other side was going to be relegated. As I said in my previous post, there should have been two banks of stewards, right around the stadium, just before the full time whistle and I think that would have prevented people from going onto the pitch.

BigKev
03-05-2010, 07:30 PM
I've seen loads of stewards on TV at English games actually hauling at fans to prevent them from reaching a player who's celebrating a goal and even last week at Easter Road when Lafferty scored and celebrated in front of the West Stand, there were a couple of Hibs fans who were going mental at him and the stewards had their hands on them, trying to force them back.

As far as I'm concerned, if people want to celebrate a goal or go mental at an opposition player then they should be able to do whatever they like, so long as they don't actually leave the stand or throw objects, without having anyone telling them to go back to their seat.

However, with that match on Sunday, it was obvious that regardless of the score, there would be a pitch invasion at the end of the game as one side was going to stay up and the other side was going to be relegated. As I said in my previous post, there should have been two banks of stewards, right around the stadium, just before the full time whistle and I think that would have prevented people from going onto the pitch.

I was at yesterday's game (in the top tier "Grandstand") and to be honest there's not much more either the police or stewards could have done.

They were two deep in front of the Palace supporters in the last 5 mins and the stewarding at the Wednesday end was more than acceptable despite the big support.

People who are hellbent on entering the field of play will do so regardless.

As regards the game itself I'm gutted to see Wednesday go down but they're similar to Hibs in having a team not pulling their weight.

Hopefully it won't be a long stay in League One.