PDA

View Full Version : Complaint Against East Stand Construction

Mikey
02-05-2010, 01:30 PM
This has been rumbling along for a few weeks but I see that it's now been resolved. Does anyone know exactly why it was raised?......

East Stand Complaint (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/EnApplication/application_detailview.aspx?keyval=L0GBL1EW0GZ00&searchtype=PROPERTY&module=P1)

Dashing Bob S
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
This has been rumbling along for a few weeks but I see that it's now been resolved. Does anyone know exactly why it was raised?......

East Stand Complaint (http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/EnApplication/application_detailview.aspx?keyval=L0GBL1EW0GZ00&searchtype=PROPERTY&module=P1)
Apparantly some fans had complained that they built it facing the pitch.

IWasThere2016
02-05-2010, 02:16 PM

:tsk tsk: :tee hee:

I heard it was cos the couch was a three-seater when only a two-seater was needed.

To add insult tae injury Rod - ever cost conscious - requested the model with nae recliners :bitchy:

Jack
02-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Not me!

Having read the plans a few months ago I can recall there being limits to when the workies could be working.

Given the number of opposition fans we know that live in the flats and the way building companies tend to stretch these time limits, if you know what I mean, I’d imagine someone in the flats has complained about the noise and / or dirty trucks coming and going outwith these times.

The council have said ‘OK, we’ll have a word.’ to the residents and the builder have said ‘Oops, it wont happen again.’

Resolved.

--------
02-05-2010, 02:28 PM

No - it was from the people in lower levels of the flats. They can see the games now.

hibbybrian
02-05-2010, 02:35 PM
No - it was from the people in lower levels of the flats. They can see the games now.

:greengrin

The council have obviously rejected their complaint on the grounds that there are no more home games this season and their view will be blocked by the start of next season. :agree:

--------
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM
:greengrin

The council have obviously rejected their complaint on the grounds that there are no more home games this season and their view will be blocked by the start of next season. :agree:

Any idea how I could get a flat in one of those blocks, Brian?

Estate Agent: "The property's right next to Easter Road Stadium."

Prospective Buyers: "AW NAW! NO WAY!!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!"

ES: "But the new East Stand will entirely obstruct your view of the football pitch."

PBs: "Aw, that's all right then. You've got a deal."

(Ed. What do they need a FOOTBALL pitch at Easter Road for? They don't play football there?)

hibbybrian
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Any idea how I could get a flat in one of those blocks, Brian?

Flats :confused: this was the only building there in my day

in fact that was where I bought my first round - albeit a tad underage :wink: and despite rumours to the contrary I've bought at least one more round since :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
I know that when the West was being built, a nearby resident complained countless times about the noise...

Wonder if they've done it again?

Mikey
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I know that when the West was being built, a nearby resident complained countless times about the noise...

Erm........ the link says it was down to non compliance with approved drawings :greengrin

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why it was raised and whether it was a humpty yam :wink:

Pretty Boy
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM

Do the people in these flat consider how much noise there was when their little flat was being built not so long ago? Did they give a **** about the local residents nearby then?

Moaning barstewards.:grr:

MSK
02-05-2010, 04:09 PM

Erm........ the link says it was down to non compliance with approved drawings :greengrin

I'm just wondering if anyone knows why it was raised and whether it was a humpty yam :wink:Ah ..Gramofied ...:faf:

the_ginger_hibee
02-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I could be totally wrong here but I'm nearly certain I read a kickback post a while back that alluded to putting in complaints to the council about the stand. One of the ideas was that since the plans were of a two tier stand yet the final design is now going to be a single tier, then this was in breach of the plans. So could this be this particular yam plan unfolding? (albeit unsuccessfully as usual)

Now I don't know much about this process and I may have dreamed this whole kickback post up, but I'm sure I was read or was told of such yam suggestions.

MSK
02-05-2010, 06:11 PM
I could be totally wrong here but I'm nearly certain I read a kickback post a while back that alluded to putting in complaints to the council about the stand. One of the ideas was that since the plans were of a two tier stand yet the final design is now going to be a single tier, then this was in breach of the plans. So could this be this particular yam plan unfolding? (albeit unsuccessfully as usual)

Now I don't know much about this process and I may have dreamed this whole kickback post up, but I'm sure I was read or was told of such yam suggestions.The plans were flexible with regard single/double teir ..provided nothing changed from the initial height/width/length...

Yam tramps speaking the usual bollox ..****ing empty heids !!!

hibsdaft
02-05-2010, 10:20 PM
was the site even fully cleared at the start of April? not sure they'd done any work that could be viewed as being in breach.

Hainan Hibs
02-05-2010, 11:06 PM

:faf::faf:

An Leargaidh
02-05-2010, 11:42 PM
The plans were flexible with regard single/double teir ..provided nothing changed from the initial height/width/length...

Yam tramps speaking the usual bollox ..****ing empty heids !!!

There is always someone empty head somewhere who has nothing better to do with their miserable empty lives and they see other people progressing and advancing themselves and the empty heads just like to cause some stress by complaining because they have nothing else in their lives.

Before I started building my garage in my back garden I double checked everything with the council planning department. Nevertheless the shrivelled up alky over the back fence from me complained on and on to a member of the planning committee who unfortunately for him lives in the same street until they started trying to find a fault with my plans. I had to submit a retrospective planning application despite the garage not needing planning permission. Because alky yam complained they found out that my garage was 11cm too tall despite telling me there was no height restriction before I started.

In short, there'll always be someone trying trying to spoil the party for you :grr:

KiddA
03-05-2010, 01:37 AM

:tee hee: I have to be honest after a crap weekend that tickled me bit and raised a smile :top marks