PDA

View Full Version : Scotland On Sunday "Hughes says his team were too scared to win"

Gala Foxes
02-05-2010, 12:19 PM
maybe thats why we are currently on our worst run of results since 1997 then?

hardly motivating stuff

Toaods
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
the biggest load of slavering rheotic since the last time he mentioned it.

Hibercelona
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Aww, the players were too afraid, lets not be harsh on these nice little boys... :dummytit:

WELL THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOGI!! :grr:

FOOTBALLS A MANS GAME FFS. AND IF WE DONT HAVE MEN IN OUR SQUAD, WE WONT WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!! :grr:

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Aww, the players were too afraid, lets not be harsh on these nice little boys... :dummytit:

WELL THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOGI!! :grr:

FOOTBALLS A MANS GAME FFS. AND IF WE DONT HAVE MEN IN OUR SQUAD, WE WONT WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!! :grr:

For those as passionate as the post above, you could always e-mail the club asking for a real explanation from the manager in response to these comments. You could also sign it off from the faceless wonders who are soon to be seatless wonders if there are more comments and statements like that lilian gish that Hughes spouts week in week out. Put the ball in the management's court I say and ask for real answers. I did this last season and got quite a detailed reply from Scott Lindsay (which was superb I have to say) and was also invited to see him to discuss things. Unless you do things like that, then it's just lost in forums. Time to act now IMHO and make those at the club aware of your thoughts.

HibbyAndy
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Its becoming very very tiresome now.....

marinello59
02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Too scared to win? Oh dear. Too confused to win might be closer to the truth.

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Okay, Yogi - if we're obviously "too scared to win", can we just hand Motherwell and United default 3-0 victories and be done with it?

If we're "too scared to win", then there's no point in Hibs taking money off expectant supporters, is there?

Plus, we have to take into account the delicate nature of the players and how they'll be quite literally ****ting their pants at the thought of sending home a bunch of happy Hibees at full time. Terrifying, I know.

Do the above and, whilst you may not pull in some undeserved gate receipts, you'll save a ton on the washing bill. Not to mention sparing some poor unfortunate cleaners the traumatising ordeal of wiping excrement off the underside of some football shorts. :aok:

ArabHibee
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
"Too scared to win?"

More like too ****ing uninterested to win!! :grr::grr:

Hamish
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Graeme Smith is in the Herald this morning saying that 'too scared to win' is absolute nonsense.

Maybe he'll get a fine:cool2:

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Graeme Smith is in the Herald this morning saying that 'too scared to win' is absolute nonsense.

No no its only Mr Riordan that gets in trouble for that sort of thing :bitchy:

Dashing Bob S
02-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Its becoming very very tiresome now.....

A bit like saying Steve Fulton's starting to get ugly, Andy. It's been like this on here for at least two months, it just feels longer. This season has become like a prison sentence and we only have one week till parole. Bring it on!

Hamish
02-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Mind you he is also quoted as saying that he thought Hibs played some great stuff yesterday

Phil D. Rolls
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
The man is an incurable gobsh*te. Take it from me, I know what I'm talking about.

IWasThere2016
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Deary me! What a loada tosh!

Is that the best 'explanation' he can offer! :bitchy:

I'm getting embarrassed for him now.

Just go man! :bye:

Andy74
02-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Surely what he means is that we didn't have enough confidence to go ahead and keep attacking and passing the ball. It takes a lot of bravery to take the ball in certain situations and the team did stop playing and sat too deep.

Honestly, some of the reactions to everything Hughes says now on here is like a group of hormonal wee girls trying to create gossip out of whatever some other poor young girl says or does!

We played some good stuff yesterday and Hughes is right they weren't confident enough to go and win the game outright and instead we asked for pressure.

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
OOOOPPPPSS, looks like the team is about to implode on Hughes.

IWasThere2016
02-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Surely what he means is that we didn't have enough confidence to go ahead and keep attacking and passing the ball. It takes a lot of bravery to take the ball in certain situations and the team did stop playing and sat too deep.

Honestly, some of the reactions to everything Hughes says now on here is like a group of hormonal wee girls trying to create gossip out of whatever some other poor young girl says or does!

We played some good stuff yesterday and Hughes is right they weren't confident enough to go and win the game outright and instead we asked for pressure.

And what exactly did the manager do to help his team at 1 nil up?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM

Thats exactly what he means. When was it necessary for our managers to have Oscar Wildes turn of phrase? This place is a nightmare just now.

Give the man a chance to ditch the deadwood (if the contacted ones are prepared to leave....), sign a few players and build a team of his own.

ahibby
02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Totally disagree with remarks like 'scared to win' and 'lacking confidence'. They weren't scared to go in front and they were confident enough to go in front. So the courage is there and so is the confidence. Sadly it is something else that is missing. You could start by looking at a teams fitness which should be at least sufficient to see them through at least 90 minutes, I didn't see any evidence of that, yet again. How about looking at the defensive cock ups and the lack of fire power up front, one goal at home from a penalty should be sufficient indication that we are not creating or converting. It pisses me off when sound bites are used such as those in the first sentence, when there are clearly other fundamental, fitness and individual performance and dare I say tactical issues which are lacking.

ahibby
02-05-2010, 05:40 PM
And what exactly did the manager do to help his team at 1 nil up?

Sweet fanny adams as usual; Just what we have become acustomed to.

Phil D. Rolls
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM

Hope I can still ride ponies. :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
02-05-2010, 05:58 PM
A bit like saying Steve Fulton's starting to get ugly, Andy. It's been like this on here for at least two months, it just feels longer. This season has become like a prison sentence and we only have one week till parole. Bring it on!

thats a very good way to describe it !!

our football club is turning into a laughing stock and i`m not enjoying it one bit.

we had more pride and passion when we were relegated