PDA

View Full Version : Beat Motherwell and we'll be in Europe.

Toaods
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Simples.

Beefster
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Simples.

If Dundee Utd beat Ross County.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM

What if we beat Motherwell and Dundee United?

Toaods
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Motherwell will lose at Ibrox though on SPL flag day.

RickyS
02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
What if we beat Motherwell and Dundee United?

right now, more chance of a major lottery win

BWhiteman1972
02-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Our season now depends on our performance at Fir Park, a win puts us above them. They then have to play Rangers, while we play a Dundee Utd team 6 days before their cup final, where there is a slight possibility of players being rested as it's a nothing game for them.

If Hughes and the player can't raise themselves for the game on Wednesday then not only should Hughes be punted at full time, but a large chunk of the squad should be looking for new clubs in 2 weeks time.

Hibercelona
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
we will lose to motherwell and dundee utd. dundee utd will win the cup... and hearts will some how manage to scrape 4 points in their last 2 games and over take us with their -50 goal difference. :boo hoo:

Sorry to sound so pessimistic... but it wouldnt surprize me in the slightest if that did go on to happen. :boo hoo:

TheMentalHibees
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Simples.

If only it were...

Cropley10
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
we will lose to motherwell and dundee utd. dundee utd will win the cup... and hearts will some how manage to scrape 4 points in their last 2 games and over take us with their -50 goal difference. :boo hoo:

Sorry to sound so pessimistic... but it wouldnt surprize me in the slightest if that did go on to happen. :boo hoo:

How can the Jambos go ahead of us when we've got the third best squad outwith the OF :confused:

Hibercelona
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
How can the Jambos go ahead of us when we've got the third best squad outwith the OF :confused:

Because we don't have the 3rd best squad outwith the OF.

We think they do, and the club thinks they do.

But they don't.

Teams like Motherwell and Dundee Utd (more often than not this season) have spanked us off the park.

What Hearts lack in talent, they make up for in strength and grit. A strength that we seem to be frustratingly lacking.

James70
02-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Do we really want to get into Europe with this team? Chances are we'll get knocked out in the 1st round by some wee team from Malta!

Jones28
02-05-2010, 12:29 PM

Nope as we'll finish fourth, providing motherwell lose their last game against Rangers (?)

Beefster
02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Nope as we'll finish fourth, providing motherwell lose their last game against Rangers (?)

If, if, if, if, if, if, if.

HibbyAndy
02-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Mon the Hibs.

Still rather be in our position than the ******s fae Gorgie.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Do we really want to get into Europe with this team? Chances are we'll get knocked out in the 1st round by some wee team from Malta! I dunno so much! :wink:

http://www.maltafootball.com/2010/04/30/hibernians-suffer-eighth-successive-defeat/ (http://www.maltafootball.com/2010/04/30/hibernians-suffer-eighth-successive-defeat/)

chrisski33
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM

either u are on the wind up or blind! How earth have we got the 3rd best squad outwidth the of? The league table doesnt lie and either does our recent lack of form!

James70
02-05-2010, 12:49 PM
I dunno so much! :wink:

http://www.maltafootball.com/2010/04/30/hibernians-suffer-eighth-successive-defeat/ (http://www.maltafootball.com/2010/04/30/hibernians-suffer-eighth-successive-defeat/)

Maybe we need to change our name then, we must be trying to keep up with our Maltese namesakes!

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Simples.

A draw at home against the worst Hearts team in recent years and we would have been guaranteed 5th. That was too big a task, so I wouldn`t hold out much hope of winning on Wed.
Our best chance of qualifying for Europe is if Hearts fail to get 4 points from their last two games and we then become the first side to do a lap of honour after 8 straight defeats.

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 03:25 PM
One half decent performance, even just grind one result out, that should be all we need.

Toaods
02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Our best chance of qualifying for Europe is if Hearts fail to get 4 points from their last two games and we then become the first side to do a lap of honour after 8 straight defeats.

..talking of lap of homour...I bolted as soon as teh final whistle went- did the players stroll round the pitch with babies,etc lapping up the final game carnival atmosphere.?

essexhibee
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Simples.

Hahaha. Funny joke. Sorry to be like this but we are pash, we have no bottle and we will get bullied off the park at both teams. Cant believe im saying it because its bloody Dundee?! but they are strides ahead of us and we have no chance of beating them. We will be lucky to get a draw from the well game.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM

Does that mean we have the 5th best squad in the league?

Teams like Motherwell and Dundee Utd (more often than not this season) have spanked us off the park.

Motherwell have spanked us off the park? Have they?

I thought we beat them (in fact pumped them) 1-3 and 3-0 only losing once 1-0 to a late goal after we got a player sent off early doors?

HibbyAndy
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Does that mean we have the 5th best squad in the league?

Motherwell have spanked us off the park? Have they?

I thought we beat them (in fact pumped them) 1-3 and 3-0 only losing once 1-0 to a late goal after we got a player sent off early doors?

2-0 at ER :wink:

But i know what you mean.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM

Was it? We were so superior it felt like a lot more. :greengrin

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM

I thought we really took the piss out of them that game aswell, everywhere going 'ole' everytime we made a pass cause they couldn't get the ball of us.

Keith_M
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
2 wins from the last 16 games, against the current 11th and 12th teams in the SPL. 6 defeats from the last 6 games. That's Hibs' current form.

What makes anybody think they're capable of winning a game?

:confused:

HibbyAndy
02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Was it? We were so superior it felt like a lot more. :greengrin

:agree:
One of the few games we actually passed and moved the ball well.

greenlex
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Motherwell. The only team in the top six we have beaten. FACT.
Just one more time Hibs. Just one more tome.

SouthamptonHibs
02-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Simples.

Toads the only way we're going to europe is if we organise a pre season game over there.

We are utter uber rubbish. Yogi must walk....never in my Hibs life have a felt so disgusted with the hibs, we're a joke just now.
Can't even pass a ball 5 yards, shocking defending, players lke Nish getting a game and a club thats not got one decent right back and the gaffer signs a 4th goalie....on top of that 1 win from games v Celts, Huns, Hearts and Dundee United = a team of bottlers also Dumped out the cup by a 1st div team and a gaffer that slavers more pish that Csaba Laslo.:grr:

Good news though season ticket renewed for next year, can't wait for August 2010 to start the dream/roller coaster again

hail hail

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM

We have no chance then , the players will be "scared to win".

BroxburnHibee
02-05-2010, 04:14 PM

Celtic? :dunno:

noseyhibby
02-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Do we really want to get into Europe with this team? Chances are we'll get knocked out in the 1st round by some wee team from Malta!

Malta Hibernians would be an interesting fixture!!!:greengrin

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Because we don't have the 3rd best squad outwith the OF.

We think they do, and the club thinks they do.

But they don't.

What Hearts lack in talent, they make up for in strength and grit. A strength that we seem to be frustratingly lacking.

Nah i think we do have the 3rd best outwith the OF, we just don't put in the effort to prove it.

Sir David Gray
02-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I would obviously rather we were in Europe than not but I don't expect to do a Fulham, i.e. start off in July in the qualifiers and then be in the final the following May. Our participation (if we make it) will probably consist of one tie against an Eastern European minnow and being knocked out.

In saying that, I don't see us picking up another point this season. I fully expect Motherwell to beat us on Wednesday, purely because their players will probably have more about them, their pitch will make it a lottery and the confidence of our players is shot to pieces.8u

Then next week, Dundee Utd will beat us at Tannadice. I know they might have the cup final at the back of their mind but I just think that they will be too good for us, they won't be able to help themselves.

If that is the case and we finish on 50 points, Hearts will need four points from their last two games against Dundee Utd and Celtic, which are both at home, to finish above us.

It'll be a tall order for them to achieve that but given the way our season has panned out, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended the campaign with that kick in the teeth.

Toaods
02-05-2010, 04:24 PM
Toads the only way we're going to europe is if we organise a pre season game over there.

regardless of how crap we are .....and we are CRAP, 3pts will do the trick.

Heard you'll be sitting next to the Queen at Wembley....:greengrin

Hibby 2005
02-05-2010, 04:35 PM
We'll draw at the Well, Hearts will win their next game and we'll finish 6th.

Toaods
02-05-2010, 04:38 PM

Hearts need two wins for that to happen.

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Have you forgotten about Sunday?

Nakedmanoncrack
02-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Can I ask why in hell we would want to be paraded in front of a European audience?

:agree:
Who cares if we manage to scrape a position in the equivalent of the Intertoto Cup? :confused:
Can't see how anyone could get excited about that, or see it as an achievement, fact us it's been another dire season, so no point trying to disguise it.

greenlex
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Celtic? :dunno:
Shut it you I am trying to rally the team here. Why let facts get in the way of a good rallying call. :grr:

SouthamptonHibs
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
regardless of how crap we are .....and we are CRAP, 3pts will do the trick.

Heard you'll be sitting next to the Queen at Wembley....:greengrin

i've either got the £85 or £95 tickets mate plus £5p&p and £3.50 booking fee = ouch
I penciled in the 15th May to go to a final, the plan was Hampden to see the Hibs but Wembley will do nicely....
I must have a chance sitting next to someone famous, maybe it could be Yog!! He might be down looking for potential signings for next year...chances are he's probably looking for a 5th goalie :grr:

Hail Hail

Toaods
02-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I must have a chance sitting next to someone famous, maybe it could be Yog!! He might be down looking for potential signings for next year...chances are he's probably looking for a 5th goalie :grr:

...or a job.

greenlex
02-05-2010, 07:35 PM
i've either got the £85 or £95 tickets mate plus £5p&p and £3.50 booking fee = ouch
I penciled in the 15th May to go to a final, the plan was Hampden to see the Hibs but Wembley will do nicely....

Hail Hail
That reminds me I watched a programme about Tommy Cooper the other week.
The Story told by Jimmy Tarbuck who saw the events unfold was as this.

He had done the Royal Variety Performance and the Queen was meeting everyone backstage as she does after these things.
She approached Tommy and the conversation went like this.

Liz - Mr Cooper I thought you were very funny tonight.
Cooper - Thank you Mam did you really think so?
Liz - Yess very very funny Mr Cooper.
Cooper - Dids you really really think so mam?
Liz (getting annoyed) - Yes thats what I said.
Cooper - Would you allow me to ask you a question of a personal nature Mam?

Liz (a little wary by now) - As personal as I will allow so ok go on then.
Cooper - Do you like Football?
Liz - Not particularly.
Cooper - Can I have your tickets for the Cup Final then? :faf::faf::faf:

Toaods
02-05-2010, 07:39 PM

He had done the Royal Variety Performance and the Queen was meeting everyone backstage as she does after these things.

Liz - Not particularly.
Cooper - Can I have your tickets for the Cup Final then? :faf::faf::faf:

:faf::top marks

Saorsa
02-05-2010, 07:41 PM

Liz - Not particularly.
Cooper - Can I have your tickets for the Cup Final then? :faf::faf::faf::hilarious

Jim44
02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I don't think there's the remotest chance of us picking up any more points this season. I think the jambos will beat D Utd and steal a point from Celtic. I think our season is destined for utter failure and even if we did struggle to hang on to 5th place I wouldn't be surprised to see Ross County win the Cup.