PDA

View Full Version : bamba

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I see the monaco are interested in signing big sol, but they arent willing to pay £4 million for some other guy and are obviously looking at cheaper targets. A few folk have been on here saying we will get good money for him if he is to go but i cant see monaco paying even half that for Sol, if they were to bid even £1million should the club take this? IMO i would bite their hand off as it would hopefully go back into the pot to buy 2 or 3 decent seasoned pro's

from the NOTW
Meanwhile, Sol Bamba has been lined up for a glamour close-season move to Monaco.

Boss Guy Lacombe has targeted the Ivory Coast international to replace loan centre-back Sebastien Puygrenier, who'll return to Zenit St Petersburg.

Monaco aren't willing to pay the £4million demanded by the Russians to make Puygrenier's move permanent.

Instead they are aiming to bring in Bamba, 25, who was born in the Paris suburbs and began his career with Paris Saint-Germain before joining Dunfermline in 2006.

The French Ligue 1 outfit plan a shake up after a disappointing campaign, even though they met PSG in the French Cup Final last night.

Bamba is under contract for another year, but Easter Road officials will consider cashing in on the 6ft 2in powerhouse now rather than risk losing him for nothing in 2011.

Monaco will pursue Hamburg's Guy Demel if they fail to land Bamba

Sprouleflyer
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
I see the monaco are interested in signing big sol, but they arent willing to pay £4 million for some other guy and are obviously looking at cheaper targets. A few folk have been on here saying we will get good money for him if he is to go but i cant see monaco paying even half that for Sol, if they were to bid even £1million should the club take this? IMO i would bite their hand off as it would hopefully go back into the pot to buy 2 or 3 decent seasoned pro's

With Bamba now a regular in the Ivory Coast international team, £1M would be a steal.

Hibs/Petrie will look for at least £2M before selling him on.

NOLA
02-05-2010, 09:48 AM

remember we will owe dunfermline a good percentage of the transfer fee, everyone seems to have a different figure from 20% upto 40%,

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 09:54 AM
remember we will owe dunfermline a good percentage of the transfer fee, everyone seems to have a different figure from 20% upto 40%,

ypi but hasnt he only got 1 year left on his contract? if so then his price will decrease big time. Would be a big player to lose but i just cant see him staying after the WC unless we offer crazy money to sign a new contract but doubt that will happen

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 09:55 AM
I'd take anything over £2M, unless he has a good WC campaign i would want £3M or more.

Oscar Lomax
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
I heard last night that Rangers were ready with a £500,000 bid in the summer..... That was from a Celtic fan seemingly 'in the know' !!!

Westie1875
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
I heard last night that Rangers were ready with a £500,000 bid in the summer..... That was from a Celtic fan seemingly 'in the know' !!!

:faf: Petrie won't even pick up the phone for that.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 10:12 AM
:faf: Petrie won't even pick up the phone for that.

i honestly dont think we will get anywhere near what people want for him, if he had been sold in jan then maybe but with 1 year left on his contract clubs wont pay daft money

PeterboroHibee
02-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Where are Rangers getting all this money from :confused:? Said on the BBC they would have modest funds, yet meant to be going in for Goodwillie, Bamba etc. Cant see it tbh.

As for £1 million from Monaco, would take that, hes had a fairly mixed season imo, some appearances showing his class and then other games where hes been stinking. Picks up too many silly bookings as well for stuff like throwing the ball away.

We really need a level headed, experienced CB to play alongside either Thicot or Hanlon, who can talk them through games and really bring them on, much like Webster has done at United; obviously its easier said than done to bring in that sort of player but it would really help the two young CBs.

random sub
02-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Even with a year left he is a good strong player, internationalist, world cup ahead of him....clubs with money will want him and Petrie will know his value. I would hope for nothing short of 2 million. 3 or more if he has a good world cup.

Oscar Lomax
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
i honestly dont think we will get anywhere near what people want for him, if he had been sold in jan then maybe but with 1 year left on his contract clubs wont pay daft money

I think half a million is decent money for him. Im known on here as not a Bamba fan but I think I would take 500k from Rangers and then watch him fail !!!

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
I think half a million is decent money for him. Im known on here as not a Bamba fan but I think I would take 500k from Rangers and then watch him fail !!!

He wouldn't fail. He would (sadly) go to a club where winning every game, every tackle, and every challenge, is a MUST. 50,000 people, and more importantly an experienced and winning manager would not allow him to fail. Our manager is soft, "wraps them in cotton wool with a cuddle", and "sprinkles magic dust" over those that need it. Walter Smith verbally tears them a new hole or they are out. There lies the difference in management style and mentality. Bamba has a big time personality at let's face it a small time club (pains me to say that). The two are not compatible. Players at Hibs at present believe their own press and their own assessment of themselves and they are allowed to do that by management. Putting a few in the stands, making them train with the youth team, and taking away their "chance to shine on a Saturday" will have the desired effect IMHO. Also separates the wheat from the chaff and those that genuinely want to be professional footballers at the top level. I would rather Colin Nish (or players like him) come out with the obvious statement that he is off form, not playing well and thus not contributing to a winning team, than him coming out in the press and having a go at the "boo boy fans". If those boo boys don't buy season tickets Colin, and if we plummet down the league, then you will be facing boo boy fans at Partick Thistle, Dunfermline or worse, on a reduced wage my man :agree:

down the slope
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
He wouldn't fail. He would (sadly) go to a club where winning every game, every tackle, and every challenge, is a MUST. 50,000 people, and more importantly an experienced and winning manager would not allow him to fail. Our manager is soft, "wraps them in cotton wool with a cuddle", and "sprinkles magic dust" over those that need it. Walter Smith verbally tears them a new hole or they are out. There lies the difference in management style and mentality. Bamba has a big time personality at let's face it a small time club (pains me to say that). The two are not compatible. Players at Hibs at present believe their own press and their own assessment of themselves and they are allowed to do that by management. Putting a few in the stands, making them train with the youth team, and taking away their "chance to shine on a Saturday" will have the desired effect IMHO. Also separates the wheat from the chaff and those that genuinely want to be professional footballers at the top level. I would rather Colin Nish (or players like him) come out with the obvious statement that he is off form, not playing well and thus not contributing to a winning team, than him coming out in the press and having a go at the "boo boy fans". If those boo boys don't buy season tickets Colin, and if we plummet down the league, then you will be facing boo boy fans at Partick Thistle, Dunfermline or worse, on a reduced wage my man :agree:

Well said that man, there is something fundamentally wrong at our club from the board downwards who accept what is going on in the dressing room and on the park but find time to fine Deeks for stating the bleeding obvious. Why Hughes does not blood some of the youth of last year is just some sort of joke, introducing youngsters has an effect on the established pro's in that they have to match the enthusiasm of the newcomers or risk being shown up for what they are.

Oscar Lomax
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM

How do you know my name is Colin !!!? If anywhere, Id like him to go to Rangers as they would expose his inabilities.....Maybe he could carry big Wiers boots !!

fife hfc
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Bamba wants a move to England and asked him about moving to France and he says he is not interested. Looks like he, like most players, want to go down south and I for one feel he will be a massive loss. Like Blackpool Hibs said a while ago he is one of the best defenders I have seen at ER for a long time and with a bit more concentration would be a hit down there as he has many of the attributes required by English clubs. Its just a shame him and hanlon could not develop a partnership as I feel it would have been a strong partnership.

Good luck Sol you'll be missed.

noseyhibby
02-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I'd take anything over £2M, unless he has a good WC campaign i would want £3M or more.

I would pay £2m to any team that takes our current bunch of losers:grr:

Johnny_Leith
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
When Fletcher was here I always thought if it was anybody at Hibs who was to go to the Premiership and do well it was Bamba, but to his credit Fletch has done really well down there and we got £3m for him. So IMO we should be looking about the same for Sol, we have to keep him throughout the World Cup tho - watch the price rise ££££

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Maybe Kolo Toure will want Bamba alongside him at Man.City.. £10M maybe?:rolleyes::faf:

Hibby 2005
02-05-2010, 04:46 PM
1.5 million and he's gone, too inconsistent for a decent team in the EPL. Wigan etc. will be after him I guess although he's maybe blown any chance of that given his recent form.

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
1.5 million and he's gone, too inconsistent for a decent team in the EPL. Wigan etc. will be after him I guess although he's maybe blown any chance of that given his recent form.

Bolton apparently wanted him, this was about a month ago and hasn't done too badly since then IMO.

Toaods
02-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Expect bids from Blackburn and Bolton.

sesoim
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM

:agree: If he had three years to go on his contract and he was playing in midfield, he'd be worth a couple of million now. Instead, he has a year to go and some iffy performances in defence have probably knocked his value down to about £600k or £700k.

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
I think the World Cup will decide his price, if he can shine(and theres no reason he cant) then wether he has 1 yr left on his contract will become irrelevant as there would be a bidding war(hopefully), even if he has an average WC we will still see bids for him.
GAUN YIRSEL BIGMAN

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 08:34 PM

We should quietly introduce a policy to automatically reject bids from the Old Firm for our players, whatever the price. There are plenty clubs down south who will be willing to pay as much if not more.

If our players are so desperate to join their "boyhood heroes" then they can wait until the end of their contract to do so.

Jonnyboy
02-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Who for? The programme sellers? :greengrin