PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Mediocrity

Expecting Rain
02-05-2010, 08:37 AM
How long do we have to accept mediocrity at Easter Road, i`ve been watching Hibs for over 4 decades and certain players wouldn`t get anywhere near a half decent Hibs team. The backbone of the side yesterday was amongst the worst i have witnessed, Hogg couldn`t beat a makeshift centre forward in the air, Rankin makes it up as he goes along and Nish must be the luckiest player alive to have reached this level, poor as it is, subsequently the decent players are getting caught up in the mire and Hibs are anything but a team at the moment.
Since the Rangers defeat at home we have been bogging and shapeless, against Ross County it looked like they had more players on the pitch, against a poor Hearts side we have looked inferior on every occasion, heavy defeats at St Johnstone and Hmilton have added to our woes.
Yogi and some of the players thought that our recent performances have shown an improvement, i don`t see it, i hope that this is not an indication that the management is happy with the present personel, the transfer window will be a statement of intent, who remains, who goes and who comes in, i think more than a few fans will be watching closely.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 08:56 AM
How long do we have to accept mediocrity at Easter Road, i`ve been watching Hibs for over 4 decades and certain players wouldn`t get anywhere near a half decent Hibs team. The backbone of the side yesterday was amongst the worst i have witnessed, Hogg couldn`t beat a makeshift centre forward in the air, Rankin makes it up as he goes along and Nish must be the luckiest player alive to have reached this level, poor as it is, subsequently the decent players are getting caught up in the mire and Hibs are anything but a team at the moment.
Since the Rangers defeat at home we have been bogging and shapeless, against Ross County it looked like they had more players on the pitch, against a poor Hearts side we have looked inferior on every occasion, heavy defeats at St Johnstone and Hmilton have added to our woes.
Yogi and some of the players thought that our recent performances have shown an improvement, i don`t see it, i hope that this is not an indication that the management is happy with the present personel, the transfer window will be a statement of intent, who remains, who goes and who comes in, i think more than a few fans will be watching closely.

I agree with most of your post except the buit in bold which is just lpain daft. Doesnt matter who is playing up front, if he is taller than you the 9 times out of 10 he will be able to jump higher than you. Surely thats where the manager has to change things and let someone taller pick up the striker. I might be wrong but isnt hanlon taller than hogg, if so why didnt he pick him up, common sense surely has to come in to it

Expecting Rain
02-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I agree with most of your post except the buit in bold which is just lpain daft. Doesnt matter who is playing up front, if he is taller than you the 9 times out of 10 he will be able to jump higher than you. Surely thats where the manager has to change things and let someone taller pick up the striker. I might be wrong but isnt hanlon taller than hogg, if so why didnt he pick him up, common sense surely has to come in to it

Might seem daft to some but if you are playing centre back you should be able to at least compete with your opponent in the air.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Might seem daft to some but if you are playing centre back you should be able to at least compete with your opponent in the air.

Aye if your the same height as him. Hogg is not tall for a CH as we all know so why is he put up against taller players when there are taller players in the defence who can pick them up

Expecting Rain
02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Aye if your the same height as him. Hogg is not tall for a CH as we all know so why is he put up against taller players when there are taller players in the defence who can pick them up

Nish is taller than most of the centre halfs he plays against.:wink:

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 10:08 AM

cant really defend that one!

Alfred E Newman
02-05-2010, 10:16 AM

My 6 year old granddaughter could beat Nish in the air.