PDA

View Full Version : Lack of leadership on the park

marleyhib
02-05-2010, 07:46 AM
I think Yogi has to look to get someone with a bit of experience at CH or CM to hold the team together.

We really lack anyone with any leadership qualities, when the going gets tough we crumble.

I think we badly miss Jones, a great footballer he wasn't but he often held us together and had great dig.

We simply have no spine. I hate losing Derbies by I hate it ever more when we just roll over and take it.

SloopJB
02-05-2010, 07:54 AM
I think Yogi has to look to get someone with a bit of experience at CH or CM to hold the team together.

We really lack anyone with any leadership qualities, when the going gets tough we crumble.

I think we badly miss Jones, a great footballer he wasn't but he often held us together and had great dig.

We simply have no spine. I hate losing Derbies by I hate it ever more when we just roll over and take it.

You may be right that we lack leadeshio on the field but don't be fooled into thinking that is all that is required to put things right.

we have too many players trying to cover too much of the park which usually ends up with them running into each other or being caught out of position.

just one more issue to add to what will be a long list.

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 07:56 AM
You're right in terms of needing someone with leadership, but Jones wasnt that man IMO. Spent most of his time screaming abuse at his teammates than encouraging them, especially the younger ones.

500miles
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
You're right in terms of needing someone with leadership, but Jones wasnt that man IMO. Spent most of his time screaming abuse at his teammates than encouraging them, especially the younger ones.

He could scream as much abuse as he liked - what was important was when he took the likes of Hanlon aside when we weren't under pressure, and had a whisper in his ear. THAT is good leadership.

We've got too many guys in this team who are either young, or haven't played regularly for long enough. That's not where you find leaders.

fife hfc
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM

:top marks This is true and the reason we collapse so easily. we don't have a Jones or Hughes himself type of player who stands ups when the going gets tough and not shrinks like all of our so called experience players, Murray included. There are no natural leaders in the side and nobody takes responsibility when we are under the cosh. Until this is sorted we will struggle imho.

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
:top marks This is true and the reason we collapse so easily. we don't have a Jones or Hughes himself type of player who stands ups when the going gets tough and not shrinks like all of our so called experience players, Murray included. There are no natural leaders in the side and nobody takes responsibility when we are under the cosh. Until this is sorted we will struggle imho.

The reason we are now in the losing habit is because we have a manager that is afraid of deselecting players who see themselves as automatic selections regardless of form. Last week when Hogg walked into Yogi's office saying he would "play through the pain barrier", Yogi really should have been turning round saying "sorry Chris, I have actually decided that you were at fault for Lafferty's goal, you are off the pace in games, and Steven came in second half and gave a faultless performance after half time". When Derek threw his hands up continually in the air, he had two choices. Play the lad up front, or take him off. For his poor efforts yesterday it was a baw hair between him, Stokes and Nish to be withdrawn for the little they contributed other than moaning and losing the ball. The egos have indeed landed at Easter Road, and it's time that their wee wrapped up noses are put out of joint. That means playing Byrne, Booth, Smith, Welsh, Currie, Galbraith, Love, Taggart at some point and hopefully seeing a youthful energy at the expense of over paid, over hyped so called mavericks. How can we ask for leaders on the park (which yep, I agree there is a lack of), when there is precious little in our current management.

greenlex
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
The reason we are now in the losing habit is because we have a manager that is afraid of deselecting players who see themselves as automatic selections regardless of form. Last week when Hogg walked into Yogi's office saying he would "play through the pain barrier", Yogi really should have been turning round saying "sorry Chris, I have actually decided that you were at fault for Lafferty's goal, you are off the pace in games, and Steven came in second half and gave a faultless performance after half time". When Derek threw his hands up continually in the air, he had two choices. Play the lad up front, or take him off. For his poor efforts yesterday it was a baw hair between him, Stokes and Nish to be withdrawn for the little they contributed other than moaning and losing the ball. The egos have indeed landed at Easter Road, and it's time that their wee wrapped up noses are put out of joint. That means playing Byrne, Booth, Smith, Welsh, Currie, Galbraith, Love, Taggart at some point and hopefully seeing a youthful energy at the expense of over paid, over hyped so called mavericks. How can we ask for leaders on the park (which yep, I agree there is a lack of), when there is precious little in our current management.
That's avery good post. Too many youngsters at one time however could make things worse. We definately need a couple of seasoned pros in there to steady things but the youth players that have become our lifeblood are also being stifled.

noseyhibby
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM

A quality that a certain Roy Keane possessed:cool2: