02-05-2010, 04:43 AM
1. Win the Scottish Cup
2. Win the League Cup
3. Beat the Yams
4. Get into Europe
5. Play football
6. Finish in top 6

2009/10 Season Report

1. 3 home draws against lower league opposition and best chance in a GENERATION to put this one to bed - FAILED

2. home tie and well beaten by a team below us in the SPL - FAILED

3. 4 attempts to beat the worst Yam side in 10 years - FAILED

4. Unless our players and management suddenly remember what it takes to win a match and grow a set - PROBABLY FAILED

5. Witness some of the worst football played at ER in 20 years - FAILED

6. Despite the worst run of results in 14 years - MADE IT.

If our manager thinks this is heading in the right direction and represents progress over the previous Manager then he is either lying or deluded. Rod and Hughes need to be honest to themselves and the fans. Only by recognising that you have a problem can you start to address it. If this means Hughes walking or Rod sacking him then so be it - tough decisions is what they get paid the big bucks to make. If they bury their heads in the sand or simply don't have the intelligence to see it, then the 11,000 EMPTY seats and white elephant of a new stand will tell them how they're getting on.

northgreen24
02-05-2010, 06:59 AM
when you put it like that :boo hoo::boo hoo:

I am so sick of the " boys have been fantastic" as we are only 3 points better off than last year and if that is the case christ knows what will happen if they are crap

didnt think I would be saying this but times up as i can see no progress just a man who more often than not makes 2 subs every week (galbraith and benji) and loves to talk to the media and spout the same old crap:blah::blah:

matty_f
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM
1. Win the Scottish Cup
2. Win the League Cup
3. Beat the Yams
4. Get into Europe
5. Play football
6. Finish in top 6

Difference between Hibs and the Yams is that the Yams have number 3 at the top of their priorities list. I think it's about time we took care of that as well, then we'll maybe start winning some of these derbies again.

yekimevol
02-05-2010, 10:20 AM
1. Win the Scottish Cup
2. Get into Europe
3. Play football
4. Win the League Cup
5. Beat the Yams
6. Finish in top 6

1. Scottish cup is the most important thing in hibs. Just because of the record.
2. To me this is the most important aim for a hibs manager at the start of the season finish 3/4 and get in to were hibs belong.
3. All hibs teams must play attractive football along the deck
4. A cup is a cup I put it in four because to me if we play football and have a good season we should get relatively far in it.
5. beat the yams is a no brainer.
6. this is the bare minimum for a hibs manager but we cannot finish there season after season.

bobbyhibs1983
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
If they bury their heads in the sand or simply don't have the intelligence to see it, then the 11,000 EMPTY seats and white elephant of a new stand will tell them how they're getting on.

Not a chance we will be that bad fan wise imo.

wasn't there like a poll if you were gonna renew your st when the prices/10month payment plan came out and if i recall most people were gonna get these.e.g gonna renew?

For what its worth i reckon we ll get in and around 9k st sales

sunshine1875
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I know we have a shocking record against the Herzt and I think probably not helped by Hibs generally being the poorer side from the point when we started playing four times a season along with the fact that they have also been very lucky against us on occasion.

Does anyone know what the WLD were up to the end of the old first division when there were 18 teams and everyone played each other twice?

new malkyhib
02-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Difference between Hibs and the Yams is that the Yams have number 3 at the top of their priorities list. I think it's about time we took care of that as well, then we'll maybe start winning some of these derbies again.

:top marksCorrect.

I'd add one other point to that list Matty, and that's for everyone at ER to drop this dewy-eyed crap about "flair football on the deck" bull and adopt a more pragmatic approach to winning games/staying unbeaten for prolonged spells. That's what builds confidence and wins you matches - much like the football we played under McLeish would do me...

I like my football Barcelona/Aresenal-esque like the next man, but this is the SPL, so we need a couple of guys that'll kick their granny to win.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Right back, centre-half, four midfielders in a 4-4-2.

Hibercelona
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM

:agree:

Our top priority should always be to beat Hearts, no matter what.

sesoim
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
1. Win the Scottish Cup
2. Win the League Cup
3. Beat the Yams
4. Get into Europe
5. Play football
6. Finish in top 6

We're the 4th best supported team in the SPL and we have a smaller debt than our rivals, so I'd say top six is too low a target.

I think 3rd place, semis at least in the Cups, and Europe after Christmas (Aberdeen proved it is still possible) should be the main things to aim for. And, to chip away at our awful record at Hearts by winning more than we lose to them each season.

LHWM
02-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I know we have a shocking record against the Herzt and I think probably not helped by Hibs generally being the poorer side from the point when we started playing four times a season along with the fact that they have also been very lucky against us on occasion.

Does anyone know what the WLD were up to the end of the old first division when there were 18 teams and everyone played each other twice?

Competitive games Only

Up to 74-75
Hearts 86 45.99%
Draws 43 22.99%
Hibs 58 31.02%

75-76 to Now
Hearts 46 39.32%
Draw 44 37.61%
Hibs 27 23.08%

Overall Now
Hearts 132 43.42%
Draws 87 28.62%
Hibs 85 27.96%

LHWM
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
As I have stated before rather than use the Premier League as a boundary.
A better measure is 1966 to 1983 which shows how much better Hibs were in that era

Hearts 5
Draws 18
Hibs 12

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Competitive games Only

Up to 74-75
Hearts 86 45.99%
Draws 43 22.99%
Hibs 58 31.02%

75-76 to Now
Hearts 46 39.32%
Draw 44 37.61%
Hibs 27 23.08%

Overall Now
Hearts 132 43.42%
Draws 87 28.62%
Hibs 85 27.96%

Jeez, we do have a pretty poor record against yous.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2010, 03:23 PM
:agree:

Our top priority should always be to beat Hearts, no matter what.

P1sh.

That genuinely is 'wee team' thinking.

I would happily never beat Hertz again if we started playing regular European football, challenging at the top end of the league until the last weeks of the season and playing in cup finals regularly.

Obviously i would rather beat Hertz and acheive other objectives but, for me, the overall development of the football club both on and off the pitch is far more important than our derby record. By your logic a relegation battle would be acceptable as long as we beat Hertz 4 times a season? Not for me i'm afraid.

Sas_The_Hibby
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
:top marksCorrect.

I'd add one other point to that list Matty, and that's for everyone at ER to drop this dewy-eyed crap about "flair football on the deck" bull and adopt a more pragmatic approach to winning games/staying unbeaten for prolonged spells. That's what builds confidence and wins you matches - much like the football we played under McLeish would do me...

I like my football Barcelona/Aresenal-esque like the next man, but this is the SPL, so we need a couple of guys that'll kick their granny to win.

Agree entirely. I've posted elsewhere about this and we need a manager who doesn't kowtow to the old mantra about 'playing the Hibs way' but concentrates on winning instead, with some backbone in the team. In 47 years of supporting hibs I think I've only seen them play 'the Hibs way' in about 10% of the games they've played, so it basically means FA, anyway.

LHWM
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
P1sh.

That genuinely is 'wee team' thinking.

I would happily never beat Hertz again if we started playing regular European football, challenging at the top end of the league until the last weeks of the season and playing in cup finals regularly.

Obviously i would rather beat Hertz and acheive other objectives but, for me, the overall development of the football club both on and off the pitch is far more important than our derby record. By your logic a relegation battle would be acceptable as long as we beat Hertz 4 times a season? Not for me i'm afraid.

Correctomundo.

Hearts have taken 8 points to Hibs 2 this season, So local 'bragging' rights but If Hibs qualify for Europe nice summer (and autumn?) European Trip(s).

I know what I would prefer.