PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Club this evening

Fat Stu
01-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Anyone know what's happened? My auld man has just told me loads of casuals were fighting the night, anyone know what happened (he's had a few too many to really tell me)?

David_D
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
not sure what happened but walking home about an hour ago there was police everywhere and got told that club had been trashed, this was second hand info though so not sure how true

sauzee
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
some hearts fans at a function upstair took a liberty ! fact

HibbyKeith
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Heard the same today, club was trashed and had to be closed, alot of police were present. no more info other than that tho.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Heard the same today, club was trashed and had to be closed, alot of police were present. no more info other than that tho.

The question has to be asked why Hearts supporter's where allowed in, given it was Derby Day and emotions running high.....

Also I was under the impression 21st and 18th Parties were banned, evidently not.......

HibbyKeith
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM
The question has to be asked why Hearts supporter's where allowed in, given it was Derby Day and emotions running high.....

Also I was under the impression 21st and 18th Parties were banned, evidently not.......

i wasnt aware it was hearts fans mate,

but as far as i know it was a 22nd birthday party in the upstair lounge.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM

Stewards enquiry please. :grr:

sauzee
02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
i wasnt aware it was hearts fans mate,

but as far as i know it was a 22nd birthday party in the upstair lounge.

the party was for the girl of a hearts fan

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Stewards enquiry please. :grr:

Not much point of enquiring Rooney, the Chairman thought it was acceptable to let them in

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Not much point of enquiring Rooney, the Chairman thought it was acceptable to let them in

Profit before our members by the sounds of things without thinking about the possible outcome of rival fans in the same club after a fiery derby with a bad ending for us hibbys. Now the club could be in jeopardy:grr:

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Profit before our members by the sounds of things.

Seems it is not a members club these days

Killiehibbie
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Seems it is not a members club these days
Private functions are different. I've attended functions in all sorts of clubs that I normally would not be welcome in.

sauzee
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Profit before our members by the sounds of things without thinking about the possible outcome of rival fans in the same club after a fiery derby with a bad ending for us hibbys. Now the club could be in jeopardy:grr:

the very reason why "the chairman" should not be the chairman

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:24 AM
Private functions are different. I've attended functions in all sorts of clubs that I normally would not be welcome in.

I am aware private functions are different, but the club is now is jeopardy.....

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 11:26 AM

Surely they have a responsability (the function organiser) to ensure thier guests are well behaved and act with decorum and not cause trouble. Also the club should not have allowed Hearts fans in after a derby game which i thought was the policy anyway:confused::dunno:

The seems to be going doon the pan making up rules as they go along

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
the very reason why "the chairman" should not be the chairman

:agree:100%

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
So much for being a family club then eh :confused:.

Only what I have heard, need to investigate further on this one

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Only what I have heard, need to investigate further on this one

Could be alot of bull as things tend to grow arms and legs

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Could be alot of bull as things tend to grow arms and legs

indeed

invisible man
02-05-2010, 11:41 AM
The private function was booked months ago by a very respectable and long standing member of the club, way before the derby fixture was known.

It was a 22nd?! where obviously a lot of young guys were present, as for being Hearts fans, they don't exactly walk in with I'm a Jambo stamped on their forehead so how are the committe meant to know?!

As for the drugs, without doing a body search it's impossible to know if anyone is carrying and short of committee standing in each toilet cubicle all night what are they expected to do? I would add though that it's club policy that if anyone is caught carrying or using they are thrown out the club and' if a member, barred.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:45 AM
The private function was booked months ago by a very respectable and long standing member of the club, way before the derby fixture was known.

It was a 22nd?! where obviously a lot of young guys were present, as for being Hearts fans, they don't exactly walk in with I'm a Jambo stamped on their forehead so how are the committe meant to know?!

As for the drugs, without doing a body search it's impossible to know if anyone is carrying and short of committee standing in each toilet cubicle all night what are they expected to do? I would add though that it's club policy that if anyone is caught carrying or using they are thrown out the club and' if a member, barred.

So how badly damaged is the Club Colin, and is the licence in jeopardy?

Boris
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Last night was an accident waiting to happen but a bit unfair to lay it all at the feet of the chairman. I left about hour before it went off but subsequently spoke to a lass who did stay & with others had to barricade herself in the toilets until the police took control. It was bad & there was a lot of damage.

I could see it coming & made the chairman aware of my misgivings as I left. It looked to me like he was trying to take immediate action with regard to the persistent "snow storm" in the gents & earlier in the evening I heard him & other green blazers (a bloody hard job at the best of times & they do it for a pittance & shouldn't have to handle the crap they got landed with last night) doing their best to weed out potential troublemakers before they entered club.

Lets try & keep this thread to a factual account of what happened rather than use it to take a pop at someone cos others feel he shouldn't be chairman. Its a members club & mechanism there for branches to change that if they want.

Looks to me like a whole lot of circumstances came together last night that could have severe repercussions for the club both financially & legally but that can't all be blamed on one man. I've made my feelings on the AGM farce known on previous threads but I don't doubt for one second that the chairman will be hurting just as much as anybody else over what happened last night.

billythehibby
02-05-2010, 12:03 PM
In my experince, you have to be a member to book the club. That requires signing a form accepting responsibility for your guests behaviour

Killiehibbie
02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Surely they have a responsability (the function organiser) to ensure thier guests are well behaved and act with decorum and not cause trouble. Also the club should not have allowed Hearts fans in after a derby game which i thought was the policy anyway:confused::dunno:

The seems to be going doon the pan making up rules as they go alongThe member who booked the function should be asked why such people were invited. If guests invited to a function arrive sober(ish) who's to know they are coke snorting lunatic jambos until they start acting as such.

It's probably against some discrimination law to knock them back.:greengrin

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 12:04 PM
did they have any door staff present? did the law not change last year where if you have any kind of entertainment then you had to have door staff present

grievsie
02-05-2010, 12:12 PM
did they have any door staff present? did the law not change last year where if you have any kind of entertainment then you had to have door staff present

Yeah, staff were on the door and there was quite a lot of people refused entry to the club. All non members of the club are required to "sign in".

invisible man
02-05-2010, 12:15 PM

A couple of door windows smashed, a few chairs broken, all relatively minor things. I doubt the licence will be in jeopardy as this is a rare occurance in the club.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Last night was an accident waiting to happen but a bit unfair to lay it all at the feet of the chairman. I left about hour before it went off but subsequently spoke to a lass who did stay & with others had to barricade herself in the toilets until the police took control. It was bad & there was a lot of damage.

I could see it coming & made the chairman aware of my misgivings as I left. It looked to me like he was trying to take immediate action with regard to the persistent "snow storm" in the gents & earlier in the evening I heard him & other green blazers (a bloody hard job at the best of times & they do it for a pittance & shouldn't have to handle the crap they got landed with last night) doing their best to weed out potential troublemakers before they entered club.

Lets try & keep this thread to a factual account of what happened rather than use it to take a pop at someone cos others feel he shouldn't be chairman. Its a members club & mechanism there for branches to change that if they want.

Looks to me like a whole lot of circumstances came together last night that could have severe repercussions for the club both financially & legally but that can't all be blamed on one man. I've made my feelings on the AGM farce known on previous threads but I don't doubt for one second that the chairman will be hurting just as much as anybody else over what happened last night.

Fair and balanced post Jim.....:top marks

sauzee
02-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Anyone know what's happened? My auld man has just told me loads of casuals were fighting the night, anyone know what happened (he's had a few too many to really tell me)?

one things for sure,the main culprit from the function,WILL today be on the phone to certain people,trying to smooth the incident over :wink::wink:

Carheenlea
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, staff were on the door and there was quite a lot of people refused entry to the club. All non members of the club are required to "sign in".

I thought the "signing in" procedure had been tightened up to pretty strict levels where only 4 people can be signed in by a member. Our golf club for example now requires 1 member present for every 4 non-members (approx) at private functions in the clubhouse. This was not a club decision, sure it was the licensing board. Not sure if letting people in by signing a book then filling it in after with signatures is acceptable practice these days?

grievsie
02-05-2010, 12:51 PM
I thought the "signing in" procedure had been tightened up to pretty strict levels where only 4 people can be signed in by a member. Our golf club for example now requires 1 member present for every 4 non-members (approx) at private functions in the clubhouse. This was not a club decision, sure it was the licensing board. Not sure if letting people in by signing a book then filling it in after with signatures is acceptable practice these days?

the book doesn't get "filled in" as you refer. :rules: All guest are required to put their names and addressess in the book BEFORE entry is gained.

Carheenlea
02-05-2010, 01:03 PM
the book doesn't get "filled in" as you refer. :rules: All guest are required to put their names and addressess in the book BEFORE entry is gained.

I did not mean the guests, I meant books getting tidied up after the guests have put in their names and addresses by members who are not actually with the guests or even the function.

**Of course, I am in no way suggesting this practice goes on in the Hibs Club, merely giving an example of how my golf club has had to change procedure in the last couple of years to comply with licencing laws. **

Westie1875
02-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Someone mentioned that 21st parties are banned, if this is the case then someone booking a 22nd should be setting alarm bells off that its a way around the rule by telling porkies.

Who on earth has a 22nd birthday party? :confused:

Don-hibee
02-05-2010, 01:45 PM

If the hibs club contacted the Police to assist them with the incident after they had tried all other means themselves, this can be looked upon as a positive rather than a negative, as under the new Licensing laws Pubs,Clubs,Police and LSO are trying to work together, only when the premises does not do anything when incidents occur, then thats when license restrictions can be placed.

As this has been part of the training I have just completed to be a personal license holder and passed.

invisible man
02-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Someone mentioned that 21st parties are banned, if this is the case then someone booking a 22nd should be setting alarm bells off that its a way around the rule by telling porkies.

Who on earth has a 22nd birthday party? :confused:

21st are not banned, the club just tries to be a bit more careful in who they hire 21sts out to.

It obviously didn't work on this occasion.

tooley
02-05-2010, 03:32 PM
:thumbsup::top marks

Hibby D
02-05-2010, 05:07 PM

Not so back in April - during the evening a book was passed around for everyone to sign :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Not so back in April - during the evening a book was passed around for everyone to sign :confused:

And the hits just keep on coming !!!!!

Hibby D
02-05-2010, 06:51 PM
And the hits just keep on coming !!!!!

Just stating a fact :agree:

sahib
02-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Last time I was in the place it was damp and depressing. Knock it down and rebuild it.

invisible man
03-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Last time I was in the place it was damp and depressing. Knock it down and rebuild it.

When was that?

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2010, 08:55 AM

That must have been a long time ago. The Club has been steadily getting upgraded and renovated and is a great place to be IMO..............

GieTheBaTaeReilly
03-05-2010, 08:59 AM

Nowt to do with the topic, but :thumbsup: for the avatar pic.

mixuok
03-05-2010, 09:51 AM
i booked the party 3 months ago asnd i was told no hearts casuals were there as for it being a party for a jambos daughter, absolute tosh, in fact the girl is related to yogi, too many loose tounges in that place so stop spewing out pash before any of you know the facts hibs casuals gate crashed and it kicked off from there :blah: :blah:

invisible man
03-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Occasionally if guests arrive before the committee the signing in book is taken round, and these people are asked to sign. Wouldn't be nice to leave them standing outside now would it?

Toaods
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Occasionally if guests arrive before the committee the signing in book is taken round, and these people are asked to sign. Wouldn't be nice to leave them standing outside now would it?

exactly..it is a social club by default is it not? Some people are going on as though these thugs infiltarated the Whitehouse.

whereswallace?
03-05-2010, 10:46 AM
i booked the party 3 months ago asnd i was told no hearts casuals were there as for it being a party for a jambos daughter, absolute tosh, in fact the girl is related to yogi, too many loose tounges in that place so stop spewing out pash before any of you know the facts hibs casuals gate crashed and it kicked off from there :blah: :blah:

The girls boyfriend is a know Hearts casual....... :cool2:

sahib
03-05-2010, 10:59 AM
That must have been a long time ago. The Club has been steadily getting upgraded and renovated and is a great place to be IMO..............

I must try it out again then.

archiebald
03-05-2010, 11:04 AM
No chance then of booking for my daughters 19th (18th) then :greengrin

sauzee
03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
The girls boyfriend is a know Hearts casual....... :cool2:
Fact,as were a number of his mates,he's a craigentiny
Lad

Leith Green
03-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Think you guys will find that it wasnt a group of Hearts casuals, there were one or two present along with other Leith/Craigy boys.. The boyfriend of the lassie who had the party got annoyed when known Hibs casuals started trying to throw their weight about and trying to intimidate guests at the function because they recognised their faces.

For the record most of the guys mates are Hibs fans and it was no different here...

mikeyriley
03-05-2010, 06:37 PM
no need for alarm bells. who had to know knew wot the situation was regarding this so called 21st that you lot seem to think was a 22nd birthday party.yeh a 22nd. reason being the lassie wasnt in edinburgh wen she was 21 to have a party so she had a 22nd. alarm bells!!!! gossipers just have nowt better to do and cause trouble

mikeyriley
03-05-2010, 06:49 PM
they should take their fights outside not smash up a club that other regular folk drink in

Chuckie
03-05-2010, 06:53 PM
they should take their fights outside not smash up a club that other regular folk drink in

Problem solved chaps...

Close this thread...

givescotlandfreedom
04-05-2010, 10:45 AM

Not so now, it's a nice club and reasonably priced.