PDA

View Full Version : NHC Dodgy rules that need changed

Pete
01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Something to take the mind off the game:boo hoo:

The rules of football aren't perfect so here are some I'd like changed

1. This "ball to hand" rule. I've just saw Carlos Teves' shot come off a Villa defenders hand that was going towards goal. Fair enough he never deliberately blocked the ball with his hand but his hand stopped the ball going into the net...that surely must be punishable by way of a penalty?
When that Barcelona goal was chalked off during the week a lot of people were up-in-arms because the handball wasn't meant. I say so what if it wasn't meant...if the ball never hit his hand he would never have got the ball under that amount of control to enable the pass resulting in the "goal". It was ball to hand but the ref got it crack on that time.
The same common-sense thinking should apply to goalbound shots that hit the hand regardless of intent.

2. This "denying a goalscoring opportunity" rule.
Someone is one on one with the last man and he hauls him down inside the box. He is automatically sent off and a penalty is awarded...which they score more often than not. I feel a bit cheated by that rule because it's as if the foul is being penalised twice.
If the penalty is scored, for one offence you have two harsh punshments.

Why can't they adjust the rule so that if the penalty is scored the defender is allowed to stay on the park or his offence is downgraded to a yellow? If the penalty is saved or missed then fair enough, the defender is then immediately sent off.

Thoughts? or any others?

Coco Bryce
01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Teams that play against Hibs (especially this season) always seem to have more players than us?

That should be sorted out :agree:

Pete
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Teams that play against Hibs (especially this season) always seem to have more players than us?

That should be sorted out :agree:

That would be sorted by permamnently shutting those trap-doors in the pitch that their extra players seem to pile out of whenever they are in our half.

It's that or something else.

LaMotta
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM

1. This "ball to hand" rule. I've just saw Carlos Teves' shot come off a Villa defenders hand that was going towards goal. Fair enough he never deliberately blocked the ball with his hand but his hand stopped the ball going into the net...that surely must be punishable by way of a penalty?
When that Barcelona goal was chalked off during the week a lot of people were up-in-arms because the handball wasn't meant. I say so what if it wasn't meant...if the ball never hit his hand he would never have got the ball under that amount of control to enable the pass resulting in the "goal". It was ball to hand but the ref got it crack on that time.
The same common-sense thinking should apply to goalbound shots that hit the hand regardless of intent.

Someone is one on one with the last man and he hauls him down inside the box. He is automatically sent off and a penalty is awarded...which they score more often than not. I feel a bit cheated by that rule because it's as if the foul is being penalised twice.

Why can't they adjust the rule so that if the penalty is scored the defender is allowed to stay on the park or his offence is downgraded to a yellow? If the penalty is saved or missed then fair enough, the defender is then immediately sent off.

Thoughts? or any others?

Def agree with the hand ball one - if it hits a hand then it should be a foul. Would clear up any confusion once and for all.

Other ones that need changed - running to your own fans after scoring shouldn't be a booking.

A player bouncing the ball in frustration shouldn't be a booking either.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Def agree with the hand ball one - if it hits a hand then it should be a foul. Would clear up any confusion once and for all.

Other ones that need changed - running to your own fans after scoring shouldn't be a booking.

A player bouncing the ball in frustration shouldn't be a booking either.

If you score a goal at Easter Road as an opposition player and run to the Hibs fans to celebrate, you don't seem to get a yellow card nowadays.

Sandaza, Lafferty and now Obua all guilty of doing this over the past month or so and none of them were booked.

HibeeMG
02-05-2010, 04:23 AM
When a player is offside when the ball is played but receives it in an onside position should be allowed to go on. He doesn't gain any advantage if he's coming back or if the defence have caught up with him when he gets the ball.

The whole offside rule gets on my tats! Once and for all we should be giving the forward the advantage. If it's a marginal call then let the play go. How a linesman can flag someone offside when they were a yard or two onside is beyond me. Replays show that they did not see the player offside so why did they flag?

Sheilding the ball out of play with no intention of playing it should be obstruction. End of.

Referees should be made to justify their decisions. All of them!

Ex players should be brought in to review suspected cheating (diving etc.) and the player should be banned and fined if it gained a big advantage in the game such as a goal or a player getting sent off.

Apart from that the game is in a healthy state! :wink:

MoscowHibs
02-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I think there is a couple I would like to see:
1- When a player charges the keeper for a back pass, then he should be onside should the keeper punt it and it gets sent back.How many times has the opposition had to hold play up so the guy can get back onside.
2-This sheperding the ball out for a goal kick and holding it up at the corner flag time wasting should be seen as obstruction.Play the ball, end of.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 08:50 AM

Thoughts? or any others?

cant see that ever catching on, plus you have contradicted yourself just a tad, you dont want the player sent off for being the last man but if he misses the penalty you then want the player sent off. Seems a bit daft to me

SidBurns
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM

Thoughts? or any others?

Rules are never going to be perfect and I do kinda agree with your comments regarding handball. Thing is, players know the rules, keep your hands by your side or in front of your body and the chances of being penalised are pretty low.

As regards your second comment, again players know the rules, plain and simple therefore if you do deny an obvious goalscoring opportunity then bye bye... Playing Devils Advocate, as you say nine times out of ten the penalty is scored therefore if the defender stays on his feet and a goal is scored they are actually better off. A penalty goal with ten men or a goal with eleven, not a hard choice. They know the rules...

SidBurns
02-05-2010, 09:09 AM
When a player is offside when the ball is played but receives it in an onside position should be allowed to go on. He doesn't gain any advantage if he's coming back or if the defence have caught up with him when he gets the ball.

The whole offside rule gets on my tats! Once and for all we should be giving the forward the advantage. If it's a marginal call then let the play go. How a linesman can flag someone offside when they were a yard or two onside is beyond me. Replays show that they did not see the player offside so why did they flag?

Sheilding the ball out of play with no intention of playing it should be obstruction. End of.

Ex players should be brought in to review suspected cheating (diving etc.) and the player should be banned and fined if it gained a big advantage in the game such as a goal or a player getting sent off.

This is the case or indeed should be...

Your comment regarding referees being made to justify their decisions, why exactly!?! Do players that get sent off or give away a penalty have to justify their decisions!?! I think not and they get paid 100 times more than referees!

skipster7
02-05-2010, 09:49 AM

have to disagree with you there.having played centre half for about ten years how would it be fair if you're facing a long ball, about to jump/clear and a guy comes from an offside position behind you to win the ball ?
as for shielding the ball out of play, as long as its deemed to be in playing distance it's accectable but too often refs let it slide when the ball is about 3/4 feet away which should be a free kick.

Broken Gnome
02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
A defensive wall should be 15 yards back. That way, by the time the ref's back is turned and it's moved forward the mandatory 5 yards, it'll be at 10 yards by the time the kick is taken. Result.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Players needing to leave the field after treatment needs to be done away with. Slows the game down.

Broken Gnome
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Players needing to leave the field after treatment needs to be done away with. Slows the game down.

Unless it's Larry Kingston.

SidBurns
02-05-2010, 03:49 PM
A defensive wall should be 15 yards back. That way, by the time the ref's back is turned and it's moved forward the mandatory 5 yards, it'll be at 10 yards by the time the kick is taken. Result.

I always step out 11 yards but don't count the first one. :wink: As you say, teams always wander forward.......

Brando7
02-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I think there is a couple I would like to see:
1- When a player charges the keeper for a back pass, then he should be onside should the keeper punt it and it gets sent back.How many times has the opposition had to hold play up so the guy can get back onside.
2-This sheperding the ball out for a goal kick and holding it up at the corner flag time wasting should be seen as obstruction.Play the ball, end of.

Defo that one, that my pet hate during a game, anywhere on the park it classed as obstruction but blocking a player getting to the ball to allows it go for a goal kick is ok :grr:

Greentinted
02-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Remove the ambigousity of the word 'intent' from any of the laws. A foul should be judged on the consequence of the act, not one man's interpretation of another mans intentions. It amounts to the ref taking on nonsensical the role of a mind-reader.