01-05-2010, 08:20 PM
bit of a mess tonight!!!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Too many stag nights ????

Sergey
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
bit of a mess tonight!!!

You've been sat in front of your PC all day.

You should maybe get out a bit more, eh!

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Too many stag nights ????

no it got turned over, pub formerly none as aqua bar to be precise. Quite messy when we passed it

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
You've been sat in front of your PC all day.

You should maybe get out a bit more, eh!

eh just got home ???

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
no it got turned over, pub formerly none as aqua bar to be precise. Quite messy when we passed it

Who turned it over ? Now asking obvious questions I know

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Who turned it over ? Now asking obvious questions I know

never seen it happen but apparently us, like I say never seen it happen but police everywhere, and I mean everywhere

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
so what

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:32 PM
so what

I'm going to be cautious here, but it would seem that innocent people where hurt. I follow hibs, I love hibs, I consider that wrong. So?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 08:42 PM
I'm going to be cautious here, but it would seem that innocent people where hurt. I follow hibs, I love hibs, I consider that wrong. So?

Its odd on here, if you ask or state anything on here about trouble you, by association, are a trouble maker. Maybe we want to know to avoid these people and areas. We all cannot/want to jump in a car or bus home and maybe want to go out and want a avoid these areas.???

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:45 PM
a fight in the Grassmarket ? STOP THE PRESS !!!!!!!! - like that hasnt happened every Friday & Saturday for the last 50 years

HIBERNIAN 1875
01-05-2010, 08:48 PM
It always annoys me how these hooligans are always referred to as "Hibs Casuals", fair enough they may be Hibs Supporters but i dont see what their football teams have to do with their behaviour outwith grounds etc.

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:49 PM
a fight in the Grassmarket ? STOP THE PRESS !!!!!!!! - like that hasnt happened every Friday & Saturday for the last 50 years

aye ok hard man

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
not hard, just someone that has drunk in the Grassmarket and seen fights over many many years

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:52 PM
not hard, just someone that has drunk in the Grassmarket and seen fights over many many years

yet you assume I haven't?

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
whether you have or haven't just don't see the story or the relevance to Hibs?

Lots of pubs
Lots of people
Lots of drink
sometimes disagreements
sometimes fights
so what

Pete
01-05-2010, 08:57 PM

That place is the size of a wardrobe and sells drink at very cheap prices.

Someone could fart and that place would get turned over.

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:57 PM
whether you have or haven't just don't see the story or the relevance to Hibs?

Lots of pubs
Lots of people
Lots of drink
sometimes disagreements
sometimes fights
so what

so apparently, and I repeat apparently, hibs fans turned the pub over. The police that came in to every pub in the grassmarket said it was hibs fans. Not just me making **** up.

I was frustrated today, ****ing pissed off, but still no excuse.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
so apparently, and I repeat apparently, hibs fans turned the pub over. The police that came in to every pub in the grassmarket said it was hibs fans. Not just me making **** up.

I was frustrated today, ****ing pissed off, but still no excuse.

maybe the beer was watered down or the student band were crap

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 09:02 PM
maybe the beer was watered down or the student band were crap

aye ok pal

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:04 PM
aye ok pal

no hard feelings, lost count of the number of bad pints and bad bands I have seen in the Grassmarket circa 1981 to 2000

all the best

to Motherwell & a Hibs win & Europe

Harpandcastle
01-05-2010, 09:06 PM
There was a bit of trouble at lothian Rd taxi rank just after 2am this morning, I spoke to a guy who had heard that someone over the other side of the road knew a bird that went out with a guy thats a Hibby!

Fantic
01-05-2010, 09:10 PM
There was a bit of trouble at lothian Rd taxi rank just after 2am this morning, I spoke to a guy who had heard that someone over the other side of the road knew a bird that went out with a guy thats a Hibby!

CCS :agree:

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:11 PM

never trust a Burd

surely not trouble in Lothian Road ?

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 09:17 PM
never seen it happen but apparently us, like I say never seen it happen but police everywhere, and I mean everywhere" us " ? I am obviously falling for the bait but by " us " you mean the 50 or so adults who trash pubs and take up police time ( I tried unsuccessfully to explain to my Spanish family why police were running around miles from Easter Road and 10 hours after Hearts game in January controlling groups of adults ie not teenagers who don`t know better instead of getting a rest after New Year celebrations .) in name of our club .

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 09:20 PM
" us " ? I am obviously falling for the bait but by " us " you mean the 50 or so adults who trash pubs and take up police time ( I tried unsuccessfully to explain to my Spanish family why police were running around miles from Easter Road and 10 hours after Hearts game in January controlling groups of adults ie not teenagers who don`t know better instead of getting a rest after New Year celebrations .) in name of our club .

You are right it is not in the name of "us" but do not try and brush this off as a Edinburgh only problem. Spain not have problems when football is concerned ? Maybe the spanish are the only country in Europe that does not have hooligans ????

Pete
01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
" us " ? I am obviously falling for the bait but by " us " you mean the 50 or so adults who trash pubs and take up police time ( I tried unsuccessfully to explain to my Spanish family why police were running around miles from Easter Road and 10 hours after Hearts game in January controlling groups of adults ie not teenagers who don`t know better instead of getting a rest after New Year celebrations .) in name of our club .

I'm not being cheeky but are there no football hooligans in Spain?

If there are do they behave differently?

Harpandcastle
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
never trust a Burd

surely not trouble in Lothian Road ?

I know, its hard to believe but it def happened, and that guy was pretty certain someone knew a Hibby, its a total disgrace I'm never going out again. Instead I will just sit in the house and hate myself because someone who supports the same football team as me might have been in a fight last night.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
I'm not being cheeky but are there no football hooligans in Spain?

If there are do they behave differently?

I went to a game at Real Madrid in 2005 and sat in the Villareal end and never saw any bother, similarly went to Barca - Deportivo in 2007 and again no hassle

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I went to a game at Real Madrid in 2005 and sat in the Villareal end and never saw any bother, similarly went to Barca - Deportivo in 2007 and again no hassle

That proves it then. 2 games no trouble - Spain must be hooligan free !!!!

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:27 PM
That proves it them. 2 games no trouble - Spain must be hooligan free !!!!

2 games, 130k + supporters - just an observation not a fact, safer than the Grassmarket and Lothian Road by all accounts though

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 09:29 PM
That proves it then. 2 games no trouble - Spain must be hooligan free !!!!

:tee hee:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 09:29 PM
2 games, 130k + supporters - just an observation not a fact, safer than the Grassmarket and Lothian Road by all accounts though

But if you go to Rankers/Celtic v anyone in our league(at home) and you will find a problem as they out number us and you do not go drinking in the dodgy areas does that mean this country is trouble free ?

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
:tee hee:

Tapas in the square in Madrid were a bit dodgy though

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 09:40 PM
You are right it is not in the name of "us" but do not try and brush this off as a Edinburgh only problem. Spain not have problems when football is concerned ? Maybe the spanish are the only country in Europe that does not have hooligans ????I`ve been supporting Hibs for more than 40 years - first visit to Holy Ground was in about 1968 ( still remember thinking Eric Stevenson was great and that Thomson Allan was a great goalie ) , am not Spanish ( I said I was embarrassed trying to explain to Spanish relatives why folk who claim to represent my club were causing problems 10 hours after a game even though they seemed to be 20 years too old to be in teenage carryons ) and am well aware that there are hooligans in all countries including Spain . Anyway , I apologise for falling into trap of adding to comments on behaviour of these fans . (maybe there should be a section for fan violence so fans like me and 99% of us here who only care about the football wherever we live don`t have to have debate about club mixed up with stuff about a tiny minority who want to mix Hibernian FC with their other pasttimes ? ) .

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I`ve been supporting Hibs for more than 40 years - first visit to Holy Ground was in about 1968 ( still remember thinking Eric Stevenson was great and that Thomson Allan was a great goalie ) , am not Spanish ( I said I was embarrassed trying to explain to Spanish relatives why folk who claim to represent my club were causing problems 10 hours after a game even though they seemed to be 20 years too old to be in teenage carryons ) and am well aware that there are hooligans in all countries including Spain . Anyway , I apologise for falling into trap of adding to comments on behaviour of these fans . (maybe there should be a section for fan violence so fans like me and 99% of us here who only care about the football wherever we live don`t have to have debate about club mixed up with stuff about a tiny minority who want to mix Hibernian FC with their other pasttimes ? ) .

totally agree - why are we even debating "news" about a fracas in a pub ?

Harpandcastle
01-05-2010, 09:42 PM
I am a big fan of Spain as a country and of Spanish as people however I doubt you would have to treat them with kid gloves as they def have incidents over there.

Barca set fire to the montjuic recently against Espanol, Betis and Sevilla have caused bother against each other for years and also in games against Malaga, Aberdeen fans got a hard time in Madrid v Atletico, England players were racially abused in Spain as was Lewis Hamilton.

Nut jobs everywhere, no need to feel guilty if your not involved.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
I am a big fan of Spain as a country and of Spanish as people however I doubt you would have to treat them with kid gloves as they def have incidents over there.

Barca set fire to the montjuic recently against Espanol, Betis and Sevilla have caused bother against each other for years and also in games against Malaga, Aberdeen fans got a hard time in Madrid v Atletico, England players were racially abused in Spain as was Lewis Hamilton.

Nut jobs everywhere, no need to feel guilty if your not involved.

remember what the Barca players did to our dressing room door in the 60's

DH1875
01-05-2010, 09:44 PM

Yeh cause the spanish don't have any problem with hooligans/ultras do they.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/m_0350a2c300e67754598dc24dcb47dace.jpg (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser.viewAlbums%26friendI D%3D161219824&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dreal%2Bbetis%2Bsur%26hl%3Den%26safe%3 Doff%26rlz%3D1R2ACAW_enGB355&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&usg=ALkJrhjZTwAzWAaEJ9--5x3GxJKYp433sw) VERDEBLANCOS.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
I`ve been supporting Hibs for more than 40 years - first visit to Holy Ground was in about 1968 ( still remember thinking Eric Stevenson was great and that Thomson Allan was a great goalie ) , am not Spanish ( I said I was embarrassed trying to explain to Spanish relatives why folk who claim to represent my club were causing problems 10 hours after a game even though they seemed to be 20 years too old to be in teenage carryons ) and am well aware that there are hooligans in all countries including Spain . Anyway , I apologise for falling into trap of adding to comments on behaviour of these fans . (maybe there should be a section for fan violence so fans like me and 99% of us here who only care about the football wherever we live don`t have to have debate about club mixed up with stuff about a tiny minority who want to mix Hibernian FC with their other pasttimes ? ) .

Yet again someone is jumping to the accusation that if you talk about the trouble you are involved in it ?????? Maybe people want to talk about these things to avoid these areas/people and do not want to walk into the areas it is likely to happen in.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Yet again someone is jumping to the accusation that if you talk about the trouble you are involved in it ?????? Maybe people want to talk about these things to avoid these areas/people and do not want to walk into the areas it is likely to happen in.

what is the point in even talking about a "story" that has nothing to do with HIBS

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
remember what the Barca players did to our dressing room door in the 60'sWhen Barca put on sprinklers and Valdes tried to stop Mourinho`s celebrations on Wednesday I remembered what I`d read about ER dressing room door .

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 09:51 PM
what is the point in even talking about a "story" that has nothing to do with HIBS

The point is fairly simple. The OP pointed out what happened and I commented on it. It may not have anything to do with the team but if it appears in the papers it does appear as "HIBS" and that makes it to do with hibs

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:54 PM
The point is fairly simple. The OP pointed out what happened and I commented on it. It may not have anything to do with the team but if it appears in the papers it does appear as "HIBS" and that makes it to do with hibs

doubt it will make the papers - so hopefully the "story' will drift away like the drinkers in the Grassmarket as they slope off to the Cowgate

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Yet again someone is jumping to the accusation that if you talk about the trouble you are involved in it ?????? Maybe people want to talk about these things to avoid these areas/people and do not want to walk into the areas it is likely to happen in.Didn`t say you were involved in it . Sorry if you took it that way . No doubt there are books or websites about where and who to avoid - as a Hibernian fan who is very interested in our history , reading about problems a few hundred yards from where club was founded just makes me sad just as it would if it happened anywhere else in the world .

Pete
01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
This might be something to consider.

There are thousands of rugby league fans in Edinburgh this weekend....twelve teams all have their fans in the one city, there are loads of young guys who are wasted and they all see this as their day out for their team. They're not violent as a rule but they're volatile and the atmosphere in general is edgy in my opinion.

A lot of them wouldn't think twice about and would probably relish a scrap with football hooligans.

Considering the sheer amount of them up here I wouldn't automatically assume it was hibs or hearts doing damage to any establishment until I was sure. I'm not sure the police would be as reasonable as that. It might be easier to assume it's locals rather than upset the tourists who are pumping their money into the Edinburgh economy.

LancashireHibby
01-05-2010, 11:12 PM
This might be something to consider.

There are thousands of rugby league fans in Edinburgh this weekend....twelve teams all have their fans in the one city, there are loads of young guys who are wasted and they all see this as their day out for their team. They're not violent as a rule but they're volatile and the atmosphere in general is edgy in my opinion.

A lot of them wouldn't think twice about and would probably relish a scrap with football hooligans.

Considering the sheer amount of them up here I wouldn't automatically assume it was hibs or hearts doing damage to any establishment until I was sure. I'm not sure the police would be as reasonable as that. It might be easier to assume it's locals rather than upset the tourists who are pumping their money into the Edinburgh economy.

Sorry, but not a chance in hell. Just wouldn't be the numbers required to turn over a pub - not a hint of trouble when the RL rivals play each other on the doorstep, so can't see anything surfacing when they're playing so far away (the 'Magic Weekend' is a bit of an unpopular concept at the moment so there are plenty of hardcore fans from all the clubs involved who have thought twice about attending)

Barney McGrew
02-05-2010, 08:26 AM
It might be easier to assume it's locals rather than upset the tourists who are pumping their money into the Edinburgh economy.

It was locals, Bar Salsa had all it's windows put in. Police arrived and lifted a good number of people.

Antifa Hibs
02-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Sorry, but not a chance in hell. Just wouldn't be the numbers required to turn over a pub - not a hint of trouble when the RL rivals play each other on the doorstep, so can't see anything surfacing when they're playing so far away (the 'Magic Weekend' is a bit of an unpopular concept at the moment so there are plenty of hardcore fans from all the clubs involved who have thought twice about attending)

I'm not to sure. I was in Espionage when the Welsh were in town and the place was trashed. Not voilence, just general drunken bam-ness. So it could have easily been rugby fans, fitba fans, even a stag doo or a group of lads on the lash.

Killiehibbie
02-05-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm not to sure. I was in Espionage when the Welsh were in town and the place was trashed. Not voilence, just general drunken bam-ness. So it could have easily been rugby fans, fitba fans, even a stag doo or a group of lads on the lash.How could it possibly be anyone other than Hibs Casuals, after all they are the only group of "young" males to have caused any bother in Edinburgh for the last 25 years. Police arrest somebody ask him what team he supports if he says Hibs headline in paper "Hibs Casuals Wife Beaters" or whatever the offence was.

DC_Hibs
02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
How could it possibly be anyone other than Hibs Casuals, after all they are the only group of "young" males to have caused any bother in Edinburgh for the last 25 years. Police arrest somebody ask him what team he supports if he says Hibs headline in paper "Hibs Casuals Wife Beaters" or whatever the offence was.

Don't forget the legendary CSF came out the woodwork when the casual scene died down - granted they were 20 years late but they still appeared......... east of haymarket - so could have been those trainee sex offenders

alloa hibee
02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
was in bar salsa after the game yesterday, the lads that came in were all snorting ching and talking about "waiting for the hearts", by the way some of them were acting we knew it was gonna kick off so me and the group of lads i went up with left before anything did and thankfully so, hearing rumours of stabbings etc?

snowman
03-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Yeah, the chants of "CCS, CCS" unfortunately gave them away. Lowlifes. They are reliving the eighties. In their 40s now. Get a grip old men!

H18sry
03-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, the chants of "CCS, CCS" unfortunately gave them away. Lowlifes. They are reliving the eighties. In their 40s now. Get a grip old men!

:hmmm::hmmm:

andrew70
06-05-2010, 03:44 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8664433.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8664433.stm)
:hmmm:

Frazerbob
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8664433.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/8664433.stm)
:hmmm:

"Two men aged 26 and 39 suffered minor injuries and a 50-year-old man was hit and knocked unconscious."

A 39 and a 50 year old! FFS, get a grip gents!

Hibs07p
06-05-2010, 04:50 PM
"Two men aged 26 and 39 suffered minor injuries and a 50-year-old man was hit and knocked unconscious."

A 39 and a 50 year old! FFS, get a grip gents!

They might have been innocent victims attacked by the ****?

Four people - three men aged 20, 21 and 23 and a 15-year-old boy - have already been charged in connection with the brawl.

paul_hfc3
06-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Me and my mates usually head there on a Friday night since its proper cheap for bevy. Instead we went on a Saturday cause we couldn't be arsed bein hungover at the match.

We walked past and went to go in and it was completely empty this was about 9 and the police were all over it, the place was covered in drink all over the floor and the tables and chairs had been kicked out, and there were some birds shouting downstairs to the police no idea what they were saying tbf.

Hopefully it will be open again this weekend?