PDA

View Full Version : Who else just cannot be arsed anymore?

.Sean.
01-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I've quite simply had enough this season. Since the turn of the year we've had to watch this gash being out-fought, out-thought and even out-classed by the likes of Hamilton Accies, St Johnstone and Ross County. Today seems to be the final straw for a lot of fans and I fully understand why. I've backed Yogi 100% from the day he was appointed but i've reached the end of my tether with him. Almost a year into the job and he still doesn't know his best team, he doesn't have a clue how to change it when we have a set-back and he seems unable to pick the players up after a defeat. I've spent thousands of pounds of my hard-earned cash watching a team of bottlers fail miserably every time they've been required to step up to the plate and I simply don't have the energy to do it anymore.

We've just been beaten by Hearts on home turf, but the players couldn't give a flying **** so why should we as fans bother?

Seriously dissolusioned with Hibs at the moment. I'm even seriously considering not going to Motherwell and Dundee in the forthcoming week. We all known we're going to be 'treated' to the same pish from this incompetant baboon who masquerades as our Manager and we all seem to agree enough is enough.

SalfordHibs
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I've quite simply had enough this season. Since the turn of the year we've had to watch this gash being out-fought, out-thought and even out-classed by the likes of Hamilton Accies, St Johnstone and Ross County. Today seems to be the final straw for a lot of fans and I fully understand why. I've backed Yogi 100% from the day he was appointed but i've reached the end of my tether with him. Almost a year into the job and he still doesn't know his best team, he doesn't have a clue how to change it when we have a set-back and he seems unable to pick the players up after a defeat. I've spent thousands of pounds of my hard-earned cash watching a team of bottlers fail miserably every time they've been required to step up to the plate and I simply don't have the energy to do it anymore.

We've just been beaten by Hearts on home turf, but the players couldn't give a flying **** so why should we as fans bother?

Seriously dissolusioned with Hibs at the moment. I'm even seriously considering not going to Motherwell and Dundee in the forthcoming week. We all known we're going to be 'treated' to the same pish from this incompetant baboon who masquerades as our Manager and we all seem to agree enough is enough.

Feel the exact same mate, out all the years being a Hibby i cant recall a time i have felt like this.

johnbc70
01-05-2010, 08:14 PM
At this time I am going to games out of habit and the fact I see my mates and my Dad as well, as they live out of town then its a chance to catch up and have a blether etc. I am also lucky in that I can afford to go.

If money was tight and I saw my family and friends at other times I would not be going at the moment. I am sure others like me go out of habit and a chance to see friends etc, no-one is going at the moment because of the football on display.

I would give it up but I am destined to be like my Dad I think who is in his 60's and is there week in and week out. I have a little boy who is due to come into this world in August and I am already feeling sorry for him, destined to follow the Hibees for the rest of his life. Wonder who the manager will be in 2045 when he will be my age!!

paxtonhibby
01-05-2010, 08:22 PM
At this time I am going to games out of habit and the fact I see my mates and my Dad as well, as they live out of town then its a chance to catch up and have a blether etc. I am also lucky in that I can afford to go.

If money was tight and I saw my family and friends at other times I would not be going at the moment. I am sure others like me go out of habit and a chance to see friends etc, no-one is going at the moment because of the football on display.

I would give it up but I am destined to be like my Dad I think who is in his 60's and is there week in and week out. I have a little boy who is due to come into this world in August and I am already feeling sorry for him, destined to follow the Hibees for the rest of his life. Wonder who the manager will be in 2045 when he will be my age!!

I know what you are saying.On the way back to the car after the game I actually apologised to my son for making him a Hibby.Well pissed off tonight but as Mum used to say"Itll feel better in the morning".

HibbyKeith
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I've said a few times over the last couple of weeks that its the flattest I've ever felt about going to watch hibs.

the trip home from Dingwall was bad, although i continued to go Hamilton away was the icing, being mocked my Hamilton fans, just embarrassing, thats me done for the season, just plain had enough.

today's result will have a big impact on season ticket sales, with a 20250 capacity stadium next year there will be alot of folk with the "I'll pick my games attitude" and who could blame them.

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
its as bad as the mixu days. That says it all for me

Long suffering
01-05-2010, 08:51 PM
:agree: agree completely

Bobo
01-05-2010, 09:37 PM

From our shambolic pre-season under Mixu to today's farcical defeat, I haven't enjoyed watching the poor excuse for football that's being served up at Easter Road.

We need a manager with reputed experience who knows the game, has good man management skills and absolutely no prior affiliation to the club. Someone who would be respected and feared by the players under their charge.

IMO a good manager is worth more than any player and should be the most significant investment the club makes. Our board of directors should always strive to get the best man that their money can buy and not the cheap and easy options that have lead to the appointment of our last two managers.

Until this happens I fear we're always going to stumble from one poor manager to the next and see no stability or improvement in the dressing room or on the pitch.

I've no idea who this manager could be as I don't know the level of ambition of the board but surely they can aspire to appoint a better manager than those we've had to suffer over the past two seasons?

IWasThere2016
01-05-2010, 09:52 PM

Yup - same pish

tamig
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM

Ffs, you're 19! This is what being a Hibby is all about - a few tremendous highs but plenty more lows. We've no right to success, and if that's what you expect, you're following the wrong team. Get used to it. :bitchy:

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2010, 09:57 PM
The way the crowd accepted Hearts inevitable winner by quietly leaving the ground says it all really. The supporters have been battered into submission by disappointment after disappointment and even if by some miracle we manage to scrape into a European place, it might not be enough to bring people back next season.

Lofarl
01-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Well sean I mind the thread u posted about the fans who did not bother to go to the smeltic game, they gave the exact same reason as u did in your post. That's not me having a go at you mate cos I feel the same way and I bet u have a better view of what was said in that thread now. But be that as it may I will be there fir the well and utd game. I hope u go too as this is what being a hibby is all about. It makes the wins all the sweeter and let's face it 1 point from that game will be enough hopefully

An Leargaidh
01-05-2010, 10:16 PM
But be that as it may I will be there fir the well and utd game. I hope u go too as this is what being a hibby is all about. It makes the wins all the sweeter and let's face it 1 point from that game will be enough hopefully

:agree: Totally agree mate. Supporting a football team is a bit like a religion. The High Priest and the Disciples may change as each year passes but the religion has the same name and the same temple. In our case it is called Hibernian FC and the place of worship is Easter Road.

Before the match, at half-time or even during boring bits I like studying my fellow supporters and I see many different people, different attitudes, different reactions to what's happening on the pitch, different expressions of anger or joy, but we are all there to support Hibernian FC. I can't go to M'well due to work but I will be at Dundee United to see the season out just as I saw it in back in August :thumbsup:

Soon it will be the summer friendlies and then a new season, new strips to buy, new friends to meet, new players to assess, new matches to win or lose. Same Hibernian FC to support

:notworthy:

Pete
01-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Please don't take me as being high and mighty or an "uberfan"...I've only been to a handfull of games recently due to finances.

...but why do you go to hibs games?

Whenever I go I just go. I don't go to see them win, for entertainment or for glory. I just go because it's my team and that's who I support. I want them to win but I expect nothing back. I feel hacked off when they get beat or aren't trying but I have faith that good times will be just around the corner.

My heart really sinks when the hard-core talk like this. Looking at the big picture...are things really that bad?

A lot of "no hopers" in the English championship take thousands to every away game even though they have nothing to play for and haven't had for ages. For them it's not about expectation but about identity and love for the club regardless of who is managing or playing for them.

I sincerely don't mean to patronise anyone but the hard-core are what makes a club so please don't withdraw your support. You are our voice at away games.

We're heading in the right direction financially and that means a lot when you look at what other clubs are all about. One day we will all look back and laugh about this transitional period while others are still getting red topped letters.

I think we've lost a lot of battles but we can win eventually win the war.

Sir David Gray
01-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Please don't take me as being high and mighty or an "uberfan"...I've only been to a handfull of games recently due to finances.

Whenever I go I just go. I don't go to see them win, for entertainment or for glory. I just go because it's my team and that's who I support. I want them to win but I expect nothing back. I feel hacked off when they get beat or aren't trying but I have faith that good times will be just around the corner.

My heart really sinks when the hard-core talk like this. Looking at the big picture...are things really that bad?

A lot of "no hopers" in the English championship take thousands to every away game even though they have nothing to play for and haven't had for ages. For them it's not about expectation but about identity and love for the club regardless of who is managing or playing for them.

I sincerely don't mean to patronise anyone but the hard-core are what makes a club so please don't withdraw your support. You are our voice at away games.

We're heading in the right direction financially and that means a lot when you look at what other clubs are all about. One day we will all look back and laugh about this transitional period while others are still getting red topped letters.

I go because football's supposed to be a leisure activity. I support one of the best and biggest sides in the country, so I don't think it's too much to expect a bit of entertainment. I don't expect to see Hibs win every week but I do expect to see us play some nice football and to create a number of chances during a game and most of all, I expect to see us playing as a team, instead of the eleven individuals that are currently turning up each week. I really don't think that is too much to ask.

We hardly ever qualify for Europe, we are hardly ever at Hampden for finals or semi finals, the quality of football over the past three years or so has been largely uninspiring to say the least and whenever we come up against our biggest rivals, nine times out of ten we surrender meekly to them and they come out on top, even when they are playing poorly as well.

I've seen the day, four or five years ago, when I would have been gutted to have missed a Hibs game but that's now two seasons in a row where I have been quite glad to see the back of Hibs for another year. I felt awful after last season's shambles and I didn't think that I would feel that bad for quite some time. However what I have seen over the past few months has been every bit as bad as what was served up last season.

It's been getting to the stage over the past few months where I am just going to matches out of habit and not because I am particularly looking forward to going. That can't be right for someone who views themselves as a diehard.

Saorsa
01-05-2010, 11:00 PM

Yup - same pish:agree:

mcfly
02-05-2010, 12:05 AM
yogi is worse than mixu and i cant believe i said that.

i can remember under mixu going to tynie with a reserve team and fighting for the jersey and winning

not today, not against ross county, not in the last 16 games.

tell me how will the fans react if hearts finish above us??

PISTOL1875
02-05-2010, 12:35 AM

This is the question you were asking the other week was it not ??

Weren't you slating us for not bothering our ***** for not going to Celtic Park and staying at home and watching the game on the box???...

Steve-O
02-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Looking at the fixtures, I now think Hearts WILL finish above us...that should be the final nail in the coffin for dunderheid Yogi.

From the few games I have seen, and from what I read and get told on here and from friends, it seems to be getting pretty close to Blobby style football, never mind Mixu!

If we lose these last 2 games, I don't think ANYONE could say Yogi should stay?

Oh, and I won't be watching the last 2 games online, because I have lost interest, just like the OP says.

Www1875hfc
02-05-2010, 01:17 AM
I go because football's supposed to be a leisure activity. I support one of the best and biggest sides in the country, so I don't think it's too much to expect a bit of entertainment. I don't expect to see Hibs win every week but I do expect to see us play some nice football and to create a number of chances during a game and most of all, I expect to see us playing as a team, instead of the eleven individuals that are currently turning up each week. I really don't think that is too much to ask.

We hardly ever qualify for Europe, we are hardly ever at Hampden for finals or semi finals, the quality of football over the past three years or so has been largely uninspiring to say the least and whenever we come up against our biggest rivals, nine times out of ten we surrender meekly to them and they come out on top, even when they are playing poorly as well.

I've seen the day, four or five years ago, when I would have been gutted to have missed a Hibs game but that's now two seasons in a row where I have been quite glad to see the back of Hibs for another year. I felt awful after last season's shambles and I didn't think that I would feel that bad for quite some time. However what I have seen over the past few months has been every bit as bad as what was served up last season.

It's been getting to the stage over the past few months where I am just going to matches out of habit and not because I am particularly looking forward to going. That can't be right for someone who views themselves as a diehard.

Good post.
Its now getting to the stage that even my mates(Hibs Fans) are saying,yer still no goin tae watch that p!sh.
When do you call it a day? Ye cannae.:bitchy:and thats the problem.
And it is more out of habit than anything else.

Albanian Hibs
02-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Looking at the fixtures, I now think Hearts WILL finish above us...that should be the final nail in the coffin for dunderheid Yogi.

From the few games I have seen, and from what I read and get told on here and from friends, it seems to be getting pretty close to Blobby style football, never mind Mixu!

If we lose these last 2 games, I don't think ANYONE could say Yogi should stay?

Oh, and I won't be watching the last 2 games online, because I have lost interest, just like the OP says.

:agree: that's the exact same as me. Why should I bother getting up at ridiculous times of the morning to watch crap? Even at 1-0 this morning, I knew what was going to happen. I thought it was because of my location that was interest was dwindling. Now I know that is not the reason.

talking_wiss
02-05-2010, 02:46 AM
I have never been so apathetic towards hibs in my puff, as are most of my pals, it's a sad state of affairs.

It's a bit personal but I think feelings towards watching hibs these days are summed up by watching colin Nish. Total lack of talent, pace, strength, aerial ability, awareness, and control. I've renewed for next season but watching hibs lump balls to Nish all next season only to see him perform these embarassing dives all season fears me with boredom. Talk about keeping deek, rankin or stokes is ridiculous when you have such a talentless player attempting to hold the ball up for you. rant over.

Berwickhibby
02-05-2010, 07:48 AM
I've said a few times over the last couple of weeks that its the flattest I've ever felt about going to watch hibs.

the trip home from Dingwall was bad, although i continued to go Hamilton away was the icing, being mocked my Hamilton fans, just embarrassing, thats me done for the season, just plain had enough.

today's result will have a big impact on season ticket sales, with a 20250 capacity stadium next year there will be alot of folk with the "I'll pick my games attitude" and who could blame them.

I agree with you completely Keith, I for one will not be renewing my season ticket, I will pick and chose what games I want to attend and pay the walk up price. I am not alone, I know others that will be doing the same.

SloopJB
02-05-2010, 07:49 AM
It used to take me a few days to get over a Hibs defeat, there would be real pent up emotion trying to get out so I'd usually glower my way around the house as a signal to the family that, No, I don't want to do anything. No, I don't want to go out. No, I'm not hungry. No, I don't want to watch TV and definitely definately definitely NO I do not want the Sunday Papers.

A defeat against Hearts extended this to a week and I would swear my way through the working week.

These days at 50, I'm over it before I go to bed, I ridicule the team along with other supporters to show it doesn't bother me at all. I can praise the opposition when merited.

With Hearts though I do get annoyed about the 1902 thing but it is probably an indication of my ever decreasing mental stse that it isn't 1902 that bothers me but more that they think it cuts me to the bone. That's the bit that annoys me.

In summary? looking something to do today, might wash the windows in the full knowledge my Hearts supporting neighbours will be out to discuss the game.

Not fussed.

Greenblood70
02-05-2010, 08:17 AM
yogi is worse than mixu and i cant believe i said that.

i can remember under mixu going to tynie with a reserve team and fighting for the jersey and winning

not today, not against ross county, not in the last 16 games.

tell me how will the fans react if hearts finish above us??
:agree::agree::top marks

mim
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Last season under Mixu, I was at the 2-4 (10 man) Killie game and swore not to go back. I actually went to the next home game, when we beat St Mirren 2-0, but I'd already left before Deek scored the second and I indeed did not go back.

This season my last game was the 1-0 win against Killie.

So, I have given up on Hibs in the last two seasons after seeing them winning.

It's definitely not about winning for me - it's about entertainment and, if I'm not getting that, I'm not going to be there.

All I ever ask of the manager and the players is that I can leave a game still having pride in my club and feeling that the money was well spent, regardless of the result.

Hearts probably won't manage 4 points from their last two games and Dundee United will probably win the Cup, so it's quite likely that we will now stumble into Europe on the back of a record run of defeats.

Will that be enough to save Yogi?

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Ffs, you're 19! This is what being a Hibby is all about - a few tremendous highs but plenty more lows. We've no right to success, and if that's what you expect, you're following the wrong team. Get used to it. :bitchy:

but we expect to see them at least try to win games, there is no fight what so ever in this team and unless he gets rid of all except maybe 4 or 5 players then its going to get worse. I'm one of the ones who was behind hughes when he was getting it tight a few weeks back but i'm at the stage now where i really dont bother if i miss games, which i imagine will be how a lot of fans feel

Mikeystewart
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM

Maybe some are starting to question how much they value that identity in £'s. I had decided due to finances long before the Hearts game that i wasn't going to renew my season ticket. And TBH a part of me this season has been thinking even if I had the money would I want to spend my Saturdays sitting through through pure apathy all for the sake of nostalgia and false promises?

ps . fans never win.

lyonhibs
02-05-2010, 09:31 AM

I said more or less this after the Rangers game - http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=181211&highlight=worst (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=181211&highlight=worst) - and now that our best chance of a win has just gone up the spout thanks to the shocking mentality, commitment and - in some cases - inability of players to even do the simple things right, I can pretty much say that the season is finito for me, for sure.

Yesterday's defeat was one of the most galling I can remember - playing some decent stuff, creating a few decent chances, taking the lead, out-singing the Yams in the stands, and for it to then just fall apart at the seams. We didn't even hold on for a draw, and I think subconsciously, as soon as they equalised, we all knew what was coming.

Motherwell's generous ticket pricing policy had me sorely tempted into nipping across on Wednesday, but Hibs shocking efforts, and Yogi's condescending "broken record" pish media interviews have put a stop to that journey.

King Paddy
02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Habit that's why i watched it yesterday, even though i knew how it would pan out. 53 years of watching the Hibees and i have never felt so low in my life watching dross week in week out. I have seen them under Walter Galbraith in the early 60s, relegation in 79 under Turnbull, and the Duffy era, but this winless streak is the worst i have encountered. It is in IMHO not just the losing but the manner of the which we lose each game. I will not be tempted back next season unless we change the manager and he roots out the non triers and brings in some players that will get you off your seat. :grr:

tamig
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
but we expect to see them at least try to win games, there is no fight what so ever in this team and unless he gets rid of all except maybe 4 or 5 players then its going to get worse. I'm one of the ones who was behind hughes when he was getting it tight a few weeks back but i'm at the stage now where i really dont bother if i miss games, which i imagine will be how a lot of fans feel

Don't get me wrong, I'm as pissed off as the next man as what's happening just now. I can see clearly the pish we're having to suffer. However, there have been bad times before and we've come back stronger. I'm not sure that Yogi is the right man to take us forward, but it won't stop me going back. I've been going since I was 5 - and that's 40 years ago now. I'll keep going back as I love the Hibs. It's a hard habit to break!