PDA

View Full Version : Competitions Levein v Yogi

HibeeMG
01-05-2010, 07:40 PM
I've been reading for quite a while that we should be patient and allow Yogi to 'build a team' with people using the comparison with Craig Levein at Dundee Unites who 'built a team' over the space of 3 years.

Now I'm only going from memory but if it serves me well then I can't remember Dundee United going through a patch like we are now at the start of Levein's reign.

Now if that's true does that not mean that Levein is a better manager than Yogi?

If he was able to muster performances from the players he had at his disposal so as to give him enough time to 'build his team' does that not show he is a better tactician and man manager than Yogi?

It's been pointed out that Mogga didn't have a transitional period when he took over. His tactics weren't always spot on but he was able to get the players playing for him and believing in his way of thinking. We're not seeing that from Yogi.

Even JC, who struggled to spot a player and brought some sheite to the club never looked as out of his depth as Yogi does now. He was, like Mogga, a totally rookie manager so experience can't be a factor.

What I'm trying to say is that if people try to defend Yogi by using comparisons with other managers then it doesn't hold much weight and won't work out favourably for him.

The bare facts are we are on the worst run since 1997 and considering we've had Bobby Williamson and Mixu in charge since then shows the club need to seriously think about making a change now and give a new manager time in the transfer window.

GGTTH