PDA

View Full Version : Hughes Quote Pre Top 6 "5 Cup Finals"

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 07:38 PM
good job we lost to Ross County if the last few games are the best we can do in Cup Finals

Report Card - Just Not Good Enough

St Johnstone 1-5. 1-3
Hamilton (f-ing pub team Hamiton) 1-4
Hearts (worst Hearts team in history) 2 defeats
Dundee Utd 2-4 at home

Crab apple
01-05-2010, 07:41 PM
good job we lost to Ross County if the last few games are the best we can do in Cup Finals

St Johnstone 1-5. 1-3
Dundee Utd 2-4 at home

Agree with your point about the report card but I think ourselves (for the last 3 months) and the ****bos are more pub teams than Hamilton. In fact a pub team may well be better organised than us just now.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
to be fair our defending against the two hearts goals was a slur against pub teams

greenlex
01-05-2010, 07:44 PM

St Johnstone 1-5. 1-3
Dundee Utd 2-4 at home

I am not really sure what your point is only one of the games/results you quote are one of the top five "finals".
There have been three. In all three I dont think application has been an issue but ultimately fruitless. Ahead in two of them and unable to see out the last seven minutes in one and last three in another to get any points.
I think this tells me there is something wrong with Fitness, Concentration or wining mentality or all three.
Maybe something lacking in the tactical side of the manager too.
Time will tell.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I am not really sure what your point is only one of the games/results you quote are one of the top five "finals".
There have been three. In all three I dont think application has been an issue but ultimately fruitless. Ahead in two of them and unable to see out the last seven minutes in one and last three in another to get any points.
I think this tells me there is something wrong with Fitness, Concentration or wining mentality or all three.
Maybe something lacking in the tactical side of the manager too.
Time will tell.

sorry I didn't realise that 6 SPL defeats in a row was a position worth defending

greenlex
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
sorry I didn't realise that 6 SPL defeats in a row was a position worth defending
I'm not but you titled it 5 finals pre top 6. The performances have been better since that quote but results the same. Why use that quote then lay in about games previous? Have I picked you up right?