PDA

View Full Version : Riordan and Yogi

Crab apple
01-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Yogi was giving it tight to a number of players today and most listened and got on with it. Deeks continually gave verbals back and at one point threw the ball away in disgust. Such open disobedience and petulance wouldn't be tolerated by most other managers. Yogi should have subbed him for this reason. Yogi may well have been spouting pish and Deeks is probaly as pissed of as the rest of us Hibs fans at Yogi's efforts in recent weeks but Deeks shouldn't be giving verbals back so publicly to the manager. There has to be someone in charge and from what I witnessed today from the lower west Yogi's position was/is undermined.

Westie1875
01-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Yogi was giving it tight to a number of players today and most listened and got on with it. Deeks continually gave verbals back and at one point threw the ball away in disgust. Such open disobedience and petulance wouldn't be tolerated by most other managers. Yogi should have subbed him for this reason. Yogi may well have been spouting pish and Deeks is probaly as pissed of as the rest of us Hibs fans at Yogi's efforts in recent weeks but Deeks shouldn't be giving verbals back so publicly to the manager. There has to be someone in charge and from what I witnessed today from the lower west Yogi's position was/is undermined.

Riordan wasn't the only one giving it back, Rankin was giving it back the same. McBride also does it when he is on the park.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
He wouldn't let Riordan take a free kick. Pathetic response from Riordan. Expect that from a 10 yr old. And they would then get hooked to teach a lesson to them and the rest of their teammates.

Baldy Foghorn

Yogi shouting at players during game puts them off their stride IMO, maybe the big galloot should shout at himself, about lack of tactical awareness, and utilisation of subs?

hibee_girl
Noticed Rankin and Yogi having a go at each other too during the match

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
Yogi shouting at players during game puts them off their stride IMO, maybe the big galloot should shout at himself, about lack of tactical awareness, and utilisation of subs?

I thought that as well but for the last 6 games he was in the stand so what is their excuse for getting put off ?

silverhibee
01-05-2010, 08:18 PM

Got to agree with what you say for a wee change. :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:23 PM
after today I can only conclude that hughes is a fool:agree:

gorgie_harp
01-05-2010, 08:27 PM
after today I can only conclude that hughes is a fool:agree:

:thumbsup::flag:
Total Baw bag.

Twa Cairpets
01-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Yogis micromanaging of every bit of the game (including, for example, that free kick mentioned above) rather than giving the professional footballers on the pitch the responsibility to make decisions is ludicrous.

His demeanour on the trackside has moved away from a passionate eccentric to an embarrassing liability - its like the worst type of Sunday amateur manager whose sole ability is to be able to yell very loud abuse at his players.

It struck me on the way out the ground that there surely can be no other managerial job in the world when the boss can publicly berate his staff in foul language, with (a) the expectation of improvement, and (b) no risk of disciplinary action. lots of managers are passionate on the touchline, only Yogi seems to think it a good idea to rip in to his players with vein-bulging fury.

Deeks today quite clearly told him to "shut the f*** up" today, McBride has done it in the past, and the number of looks of disbelief directed from almost the entire team at some point suggests that the players think he is a buffoon too. Maybe during the week he's great - none of us know - but on match day he is becoming a liability.

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
yogi should resign in my opinion

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Yogis micromanaging of every bit of the game (including, for example, that free kick mentioned above) rather than giving the professional footballers on the pitch the responsibility to make decisions is ludicrous.

His demeanour on the trackside has moved away from a passionate eccentric to an embarrassing liability - its like the worst type of Sunday amateur manager whose wole ability is to be able to yell very loud abuse at his players.

It struck me on the way out the ground that there surely can be no other managerial job in the world when the boss can publicly berate his staff in foul language, with (a) the expectation of improvement, and (b) no risk of disciplinary action. lots of managers are passionate on the touchline, only Yogi seems to think it a good idea to rip in to his players with vein-bulging fury.

Deeks today quite clearly told him to "shut the f*** up" today, McBride has done it in the past, and the number of looks of disbelief directed from almost the entire team at some point suggests that the players think he is a buffoon too. Maybe during the week he's great - none of us know - but on match day he is becoming a liability.

but he still says "cant ask any more of ma Laddies"

Ross County post match drivel was a nail for me

still remember hearing it 5 miles out of dingwall

Twa Cairpets
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Aye - was driving over the Kessock Bridge myself, and thought "bollocks".

McD
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM

Thats the thing tho, he berates them during the match, but won't have a thing said against them after.

If they're playing *****, then say it. Maybe part of the problem is that they know, whatever shift they put in (or not), that hughes will not publicly slate them.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Aye - was driving over the Kessock Bridge myself, and thought "bollocks".

we turned the radio off - he was talking crap after one of the worst results in our 135 year history

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
we turned the radio off - he was talking crap after one of the worst results in our 135 year historyIf Yogi is sacked soon , Dingwall result will be one which condemned him ( directors would have liked semi final cash and poor league results would have been pardoned by many fans if we`d made semi or better final ) but " worst in 135 years 2 is a great exaggeration - we lost away to a team who were at the time in a good position for promotion and have beaten Hamilton in LC and Celtic in Sc as well as us . I`ve seen Hibs lose to Arbroath , Queen of South , East Fife , Meadowbank and Montrose among others , all worse teams than present Ross County .

IWasThere2016
01-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Yogi's constantly screaming at the players - be it a match day or at East Mains .. The players clearly are tired of it, aint listening and are returning the verbals. Have to say I'd do exactly the same to my boss, particularly if it was pish also.

tooley
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Yogi's constantly screaming at the players - be it a match day or at East Mains .. The players clearly are tired of it, aint listening and are returning the verbals. Have to say I'd do exactly the same to my boss, particularly if it was pish also.

How can you justify screaming at your one and only naturally gifted football player not to take a free kick when its in an area that he causes damage in for fun?

The 'BOSS' is a ****in clown, do the honourable thing and **** off:grr::bitchy::boo hoo:

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Think fans read too much into post match comments or whether a manager shouts a lot or not during matches . If results were going well now , post match comments would be seen as funny or clever and touchline antics as sign of passion . A lot of fans ( presumably of all clubs and not just of ours ) seem to go to matches to let off steam - even when we`ve been on good runs in last few years , some fans have been giving vile abuse to players and management .

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Like Riordan today , the players look to Yogi for some help and try to get through to him that what he is asking them to do is not working. All they get in return is a foul mouthed rant . No wonder we have no team spirit and no will to win.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 09:36 PM
maybe Yogi just missed the players glances as he waved to his mates in the upper West

Twa Cairpets
01-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Think fans read too much into post match comments or whether a manager shouts a lot or not during matches . If results were going well now , post match comments would be seen as funny or clever and touchline antics as sign of passion . A lot of fans ( presumably of all clubs and not just of ours ) seem to go to matches to let off steam - even when we`ve been on good runs in last few years , some fans have been giving vile abuse to players and management .

Sadly what we have here is the manager giving vile abuse to his players.

No problems with managers shouting during a game - its the nature of the shouting, and in Yogis case it is just drivel mixed with some frankly bizarre gesturing to illustrate a point. I dont remember him doing this when he came with Falkirk, so maybe he cant split being a fan away from doing his job.

I'm very sad its going wrong for Yogi, as it started so well, but we all know - if you were at the games - that we rode our luck early in the season.

Coco Bryce
01-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Like Riordan today , the players look to Yogi for some help and try to get through to him that what he is asking them to do is not working. All they get in return is a foul mouthed rant . No wonder we have no team spirit and no will to win.

Exactly! The buffoon hasn't got a clue what he's doing :bitchy:

Another thing that really got on my tits today was Yogi with all this laughing and joking pish during the game! He should be focusing on the players on the field and not same jakey in the crowd who used to drink in his boozer :grr:

Bobo
01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
He wouldn't let Riordan take a free kick. Pathetic response from Riordan. Expect that from a 10 yr old. And they would then get hooked to teach a lesson to them and the rest of their teammates.

Riordan was right though?

Rankin made an @rse of the free kick and yet another opportunity was wasted. Yogi's continual refusal to listen to other people or address obvious problems on the pitch is clearly widening the divide between him and his players.

TheGreenMan
01-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Riordan was right though?

Rankin made an @rse of the free kick and yet another opportunity was wasted. Yogi's continual refusal to listen to other people or address obvious problems on the pitch is clearly widening the divide between him and his players.

:top marks

How the fk can Yogi decide that Rankin would be a better option to fire a free kick into the box from a decent area :confused:

Is Deek going to get on the end of it and smash in a header? No.

So let someone who can actually hit a dead ball, hit it - not John **** Rankin who is nowhere near good enough to be playing for us. Hes a worker. End of. No ability whatsoever. Does my **** head in. And not the only one.

So pissed off tonight with Hibs. :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

The_Sauz
01-05-2010, 10:35 PM
To be fair on Rankin, he was on defensive duty with Thicot at the freekick, it was only when nobody moved to take the kick after Deeks got told to get in the box that Rankin went to take it.
For weeks now, I don't think the players even know what they are suppose to do, and I can't understand why our boss can come on to the radio/TV and say that he was disappointed how his players can't close a game down.

Now I'm no manager or coach, but how can any team close a game down with a 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 formation that he keeps on playing, the same goes for the Celtic game at parkhead 2-1 up with 10 mins to go and with a bench with 4 defensive player on it, Yogie goes and does a swap for swap with the attack minded players.....:bitchy:

BWhiteman1972
01-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Regardless of his behaviour on the touchline it's clear to everyone that tactically he's not got it.

His substitutions don't work and he cannot adjust our tactics when the opposition do. Prime example being a less than average player in Suso coming on and turning the game in the yams favour today.

Gow hasn't kicked a ball in months, yet Galbraith sits on the bench week after week and shows hunger and passion every time he steps on the pitch.

With regards to player form, I can understand one or two players going off the boil, but almost every player is playing worse now than they were earlier in the season - Liam Miller is the the obvious example.

When almost your whole team begins to slip there is only one place you can look and thats the manager.

It's clear either he has lost the dressing room or there are far too many 'personalities' in the dressing room causing problems.

Saorsa
01-05-2010, 11:07 PM
Yogi was giving it tight to a number of players today and most listened and got on with it. Deeks continually gave verbals back and at one point threw the ball away in disgust. Such open disobedience and petulance wouldn't be tolerated by most other managers. Yogi should have subbed him for this reason. Yogi may well have been spouting pish and Deeks is probaly as pissed of as the rest of us Hibs fans at Yogi's efforts in recent weeks but Deeks shouldn't be giving verbals back so publicly to the manager. There has to be someone in charge and from what I witnessed today from the lower west Yogi's position was/is undermined.Riordan is better at his job than Hughes is at his, infinitely better so Hughes can GTF :bye:

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Sadly what we have here is the manager giving vile abuse to his players.

No problems with managers shouting during a game - its the nature of the shouting, and in Yogis case it is just drivel mixed with some frankly bizarre gesturing to illustrate a point. I dont remember him doing this when he came with Falkirk, so maybe he cant split being a fan away from doing his job.

I'm very sad its going wrong for Yogi, as it started so well, but we all know - if you were at the games - that we rode our luck early in the season.When he came with Falkirk , some fans did get upset about his touchline behaviour , don`t think it was anything unusual just that some of the fans who sat nearby happened to be relatives / friends / enemies of his . Haven`t see any evidence of vile abuse to players either when in Holy Ground or when watching games on telly , certainly no worse than other managers of Hibs or other clubs . 6 games in the stand coincided with bad results but presumably not abuse to players .

plhibs
01-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Riordan is better at his job than Hughes is at his, infinitely better so Hughes can GTF :bye:

Sorry i dont agree with you.We've had a manager J.C. who tried to get players fit and act like pros. he was done in by players that did not want to obey his regime. Some of the same players are still there and they look like the most unfit players i have ever seen in a Hibs jersey. Deek and Stokes are big fan favourites but they do not play (imho) for the good of Hibernian Football Club.

Saorsa
01-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Sorry i dont agree with you.We've had a manager J.C. who tried to get players fit and act like pros. he was done in by players that did not want to obey his regime. Some of the same players are still there and they look like the most unfit players i have ever seen in a Hibs jersey. Deek and Stokes are big fan favourites but they do not play (imho) for the good of Hibernian Football Club.So you think Hughes is a better manager than Riordan is a goal scorer/ fitba player? good stuff :thumbsup: I couldnae give a FFF whether you agree with me or not, how much have you seen this season? I've seen and heard more that enough from Hughes tae make up my mind ta.

plhibs
02-05-2010, 12:28 AM
So you think Hughes is a better manager than Riordan is a goal scorer/ fitba player? good stuff :thumbsup: I couldnae give a FFF whether you agree with me or not, how much have you seen this season? I've seen and heard more that enough from Hughes tae make up my mind ta.

I have seen quite a lot of games this year (H I) and there is something wrong in the dressing room. Whether Yogi is a good manager or not we had IMO the same problem with Collins, he wanted the players to act and play like pros. and we know what happened. I dont know what the answer is but i know that what i am watching is not a team that plays for each other. You can blame the manager but have you honestly seen a bunch of, seemingly, unfit football players in a Hibs jersey.

IWasThere2016
02-05-2010, 05:12 AM
I have seen quite a lot of games this year (H I) and there is something wrong in the dressing room. Whether Yogi is a good manager or not we had IMO the same problem with Collins, he wanted the players to act and play like pros. and we know what happened. I dont know what the answer is but i know that what i am watching is not a team that plays for each other. You can blame the manager but have you honestly seen a bunch of, seemingly, unfit football players in a Hibs jersey.

The issues under JC are very different from the issues under Yogi.

There are only a few - Hogg, McCann, Zooma and Benji - who have played under JC and Yogi.

The_Horde
02-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Riordan is better at his job than Hughes is at his, infinitely better so Hughes can GTF :bye:

:agree:

Amen brother.

Jumbo changed tactics half way through the match today (at 0-1) which won them the match. How many times has yogi done that this season? Parkhead and.....

F*** off Yogi, same old *****!

Judas Iscariot
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Any **** that let's Rankin take freekicks is clueless, if our manager is vouching for him to take them, then Hughes is more ****ed up than I thought..

Rankin hasn't delivered a decent ball all season..

The whole place is ****ed, nae ****er can be bothered anymore!

How ***** is that to feel about Hibs, Yogi, dae something soon or **** off cos folk are losing faith left right and centre with you in charge just now!

hibiedude
02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
I know that since Yogi's daughter and a relative of R01rdans had a falling out on facebook things have been strained between manager and palyer of late.

then R01rdan was fine for mouthing off about the state of the pitch

I also believe that there was a face to face during training this week.

So stay tuned as they say.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:23 AM
I know that since Yogi's daughter and a relative of R01rdans had a falling out on facebook things have been strained between manager and palyer of late.

seems to be more and more stories, of face offs and scuffles at training..... Does not sound at all healthy..........

Crab apple
02-05-2010, 04:51 PM

I certainly picked up more than the usual manager-player verbals. If Deeks wasn't doing what he was told and disobeying his manager then Yogi should have subbed him. Otherwise he looks weak. There can only be one gaffer. This doesn't mean I think Yogi was correct in his instructions - in fact I think he was probably spouting pish.

ahibby
02-05-2010, 06:08 PM
When I see Riordan being closed down like he was yesterday I would have moved him to another position to see whether Hearts would still be able to close him down as effectively. I remember one OF match which was looking like stalemate mainly because Agathe couldn't get down the right wing; he was closed down by three Rangers players. Martin O'Neill moved him in to Centre Forward position and suddenly Rangers didn't have the flexibility to change to cover him and he went on to win the game for Celtic. Yogi changed nothing to any effect, I think the only change was Wotherspoon and Gow, yep great thinking, not.

Toaods
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Yogi changed nothing to any effect, I think the only change was Wotherspoon and Gow, yep great thinking, not.

Wotherspoon was injured and had to be replaced but to bring on a non-tackler in Gow was mental. He could have put Deek on the right and brought Stevenson or Cregg on for a bit of much needed dig.