PDA

View Full Version : If you were Benji, would you sign a new deal??

hibsboy90
01-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I thought that Benji would've been a sensible substitution this afternoon once Hearts had equalised. He gives you a completely different option up front, and can bring other players into play with one deft touch. Defenders don't like it when someone runs at them, and Benji would've done so.

When he isn't in the mood though, its like having a petulant child (or Derek Riordan :wink:) on the pitch, with no care for the team, only himself.

You could see at the end of the game he was still warming up with a couple of minutes left, his body language showed disbelief that we were playing so bad. The sensible change would be for him to come on for Nish.

Now if you were Benji, having witnessed today's showing, and still not getting in the side, would you sign a new deal?

This isn't meant to be an anti-Nish thread, but would Benji be worthwhile touting himself to other clubs?

hibsbollah
01-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Benji should go for his own sake. Or wait till Yogi jumps or is pushed and see if someone comes in who will play him.

It must be humiliating being behind Colin Nish in the manager's thoughts:boo hoo:

Crab apple
01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
I've not been convinced about Benji for the last wee while but he always seems to do okay against the ****bos. He would have been much better than Nish today, who was truly awful.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I usually back Nish but he was woeful today.

Benji would have done a lot better i'm sure.

Hibbyradge
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
I sincerely hope Benji won't have that decision to make.

Hiber-nation
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
For every time he has been selected he has continually reinforced that fact that he just does not have the bottle.

Goodbye Benji, thanks for the CIS.

Hainan Hibs
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
If I was him I'd jump ship Darren Dods style.

However, who will take him? He has completely lost it at Hibs and has went from "I want to play for Real Madrid" to publicly stating he wants to stay at Hibs.

He has the potential to be our best striker with his level of skill and talent. However, he just doesn't show the application or drive for success.

KiddA
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
For every time he has been selected he has continually reinforced that fact that he just does not have the bottle.

Goodbye Benji, thanks for the CIS.

:agree:

brydekirk
01-05-2010, 08:24 PM
I thought that Benji would've been a sensible substitution this afternoon once Hearts had equalised. He gives you a completely different option up front, and can bring other players into play with one deft touch. Defenders don't like it when someone runs at them, and Benji would've done so.

When he isn't in the mood though, its like having a petulant child (or Derek Riordan :wink:) on the pitch, with no care for the team, only himself.

You could see at the end of the game he was still warming up with a couple of minutes left, his body language showed disbelief that we were playing so bad. The sensible change would be for him to come on for Nish.

Now if you were Benji, having witnessed today's showing, and still not getting in the side, would you sign a new deal?

This isn't meant to be an anti-Nish thread, but would Benji be worthwhile touting himself to other clubs?
benji is a bottler. imo not hibs class, as they say. :bye:

McD
01-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Thing is, he seems to have gone backwards at a rate of knots for a few years now.

The season Killen was scoring loads then got injured, Benji suddenly started scoring like Stokes did at Falkirk. But since then, mostly through a stinking attitude and what appears to be some misguided belief that he'd made it and was some kind of rock star, he hasn't really cut the mustard.

How many goals has he scored this season that were not penalties? Not to mention the 2 he's missed. And last summers song and dance about not wanting to play for Hibs, then coming back with his tail between his legs when n one else was interested.

As it happens, I actually like the wee bit swagger he carries onto the field, but you need to be able to deliver too.

If we knew we would get back someone close to what he was back then, then yeah, give him a new deal. Otherwise, let it go.

DH1875
01-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Don't think he will have to worry about it as he aint gonna be offered one.

My only worry is that Zemmama follows him back to Morroco.

3pm
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I sincerely hope Benji won't have that decision to make.

Good options in front of him.

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
If I was Benji I wouldn`t rush into signing a new contract for Hibs . At his age he needs to be playing every week and not just getting the odd 10 minutes as a sub. He doesn`t seem to have had many injuries but has still hardly had a chance up front or in midfield ( at Ibrox , he was outstanding in midfield in last match in which we really played well albeit for only an hour ) . I understand all the comments about attitude etc but fact is if likes of Benji leave who`ll take their place ? The latest Nish from Scottish Division 1 perhaps ?

heidtheba
01-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Ok I might get pelters here but...
Think he is a good player but he always seemed to be one who scored after the first one had gone in. If you were winning 1 - 0 then he'd be the man to get the second and/or third but wouldn't scrap enough to get the first

Having said that, jeeso we could have done with that today

yekimevol
01-05-2010, 09:33 PM
not sure about benji, hes a great player on his day but not seen it as of late but then again hes only had cameo roles as of late and they have been ok cameo roles with a nice few back heels but not seen him.

down-the-slope
01-05-2010, 09:45 PM
No if I was him I wouldn't

Today even Stevie Wonder could see Benji was a better option than the invisable Gow as a sub....:rolleyes:

Hibbie_Cameron
01-05-2010, 10:29 PM
This thread seems to appear every week right now. If he gets a new contract ill really start worrying about next season

Atalanta
02-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Benji has 100 times the ability of Nish but week after week he is on the bench having to watch Nish making a fool of himself. If the boy can find himself another club he will be away like a shot. He clearly realises there is no future for him at Hibs as long as Hughes remains as manager.

It is a real shame that since John Collins left the boy has never had a proper chance

Si_17
03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
If I was him I'd jump ship Darren Dods style.

However, who will take him? He has completely lost it at Hibs and has went from "I want to play for Real Madrid" to publicly stating he wants to stay at Hibs.

He has the potential to be our best striker with his level of skill and talent. However, he just doesn't show the application or drive for success.

Did anyone in the team do this against Hearts though? Aside from Thicot and Rankin, I wouldn't say so.