PDA

View Full Version : "afraid to win the game"

sauzee
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
never have i heard so much bollox in my life,yogi,PLEASE CLEAR YOUR DESK !

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 05:16 PM

Afraid to win the game?

Wtf? Complete and utter bollocks.

Chuckie
01-05-2010, 05:16 PM

I thought Mr Hughes was spot on with that comment.

Hibercelona
01-05-2010, 05:17 PM
No.

They weren't afraid to win the game at all.

They simply didn't care about winning the game!

Hibby 2005
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
"unable to Manage with intelligence" - did he use that comment?

givescotlandfreedom
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
No.

They weren't afraid to win the game at all.

They simply didn't care about winning the game!

They don't care enough to be afraid.

greenlex
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I dont think they were afraid to win the game. Its was somewhere in between unable to and forgotten how to for me. Hurry up next week FFS. :boo hoo:

Chuckie
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I think he is attempting to shift any blame from himself.

coward

It's a funny way to go about it, when he talks so often about 'instilling a winning mentality at this club'.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
"Played too deep"

"Afraid to win the game"

"Disappointed with the defending - I say that every week"

"We seem to come up to these games we have to win and we seem to fail"

Dear Mr Hughes

Who do you think is responsible for all this? :grr:

Keith_M
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
"Every team has a sticky patch"

Aye, and mine is usually brown and located in my trousers every time I approach ER for a game.

Broken Gnome
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Said it before, I'll say it again... either we have the biggest bunch of wimps in the world who find the pressures of the SPL far too horrifying to deal with, or Hughes is slavering.

I don't ever recall such talk of 'fear' before at Hibs. It was a good soundbite at the start that hinted at changing our habitual place in Scottish football. Now it sounds like an ever-increasingly tired excuse.

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM

Aye, and mine is usually brown and located in my trousers every time I approach ER for a game.

:faf::top marks

Violater
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM

That comment alone has cheered me up :faf:

johnbc70
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
How can professional footballers players be afraid to win a game, what a lot of slavering p**h.

down the slope
01-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Utter sheeit, he has not got a clue when he trots out these words of wisdom, go now.

Beefster
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
He's talking utter nonsense. Everything that he's said in the last month has been with the aim of buying himself more time.

BoltonHibee
01-05-2010, 05:59 PM
He's talking utter nonsense. Everything that he's said in the last month has been with the aim of buying himself more time.

Correct Beefster

How long is it going to be before the slavers actually realise he is wearing no clothes!

Yogi, yer out yer depth man. GTF!

Jim44
01-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading here. What the hell does "afraid to win the game" actually mean? I've got a ridiculous picture in my mind of the team sitting, quaking with fear at 'five to three' begging not to go out in case a win accidently comes their way.................what a load of tosh.:bitchy:

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
I can't believe what I'm reading here. What the hell does "afraid to win the game" actually mean? I've got a ridiculous picture in my mind of the team sitting, quaking with fear at 'five to three' begging not to go out in case a win accidently comes their way.................what a load of tosh.:bitchy:
"Incapable of winning a game" would be more like it.

johnbc70
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM

You sum up it well, a bunch of professional footballers who are "afraid to win a game" WTF is that all about. If you interpret that literally then he is basically saying they are afraid to win so they got beat as they were "afraid to win the game" Now as manager of those players then surely Yogi takes the blame.

What a bunch of slavering P**H

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2010, 07:22 PM

Another baffling statement from the wise one......:grr: