PDA

View Full Version : A Disgrace

Hibs90
01-05-2010, 04:59 PM
What a total joke that was. First 10-15 minutes I actually thought we played really well and created some good chances. After that god knows what happened. The players are shockingly woeful. Smith while a decent keeper just cannot make a save to save himself. Thicot never a right back. Murray where you been hiding these past 6 months or so? Hogg had a decent game to be fair but he is still pish. Star performer for me was Rankin and that is saying something when he is your best player on the day. He won every tackle, actually looked like the only one who gave a toss. Nish can just go away and do some sport that involves tall people who aren't strong. The players were nothing short of a disgrace.

The management team on the other hand, what a shambles. Yogi doesn't know when to make subs, who to bring on and who to take off. Can't change it tactically when the battle is against us and should just go, our record this half of the season is nothing short of relegation material. No idea why he never took Stokes/Nish off and brought Benji on the last fifteen. No idea why Cregg was dropped either for that useless waste of space Miller who can't pass wind nevermind find a Hibs shirt. I hope Petrie was watching closely because I just can't see us getting better under Hughes anymore, if you asked me a few weeks ago I would have said yes we could have. The guy is just a really poor manager.

I did find it amusing how Hearts celebrated like they won the league though. My cousins under 12s team could beat them though, they are so crap. Their only outlet was a crossfield ball to Templeton who took the crap out of Murray near enough the whole game. If we can't beat that shower of ***** then we really are screwed for next season especially if Yogi is in charge. I need a drink, and a lie down. :grr:

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 05:04 PM
What a total joke that was. First 10-15 minutes I actually thought we played really well and created some good chances. After that god knows what happened. The players are shockingly woeful. Smith while a decent keeper just cannot make a save to save himself. Thicot never a right back. Murray where you been hiding these past 6 months or so? Hogg had a decent game to be fair but he is still pish. Star performer for me was Rankin and that is saying something when he is your best player on the day. He won every tackle, actually looked like the only one who gave a toss. Nish can just go away and do some sport that involves tall people who aren't strong. The players were nothing short of a disgrace.

The management team on the other hand, what a shambles. Yogi doesn't know when to make subs, who to bring on and who to take off. Can't change it tactically when the battle is against us and should just go, our record this half of the season is nothing short of relegation material. No idea why he never took Stokes/Nish off and brought Benji on the last fifteen. No idea why Cregg was dropped either for that useless waste of space Miller who can't pass wind nevermind find a Hibs shirt. I hope Petrie was watching closely because I just can't see us getting better under Hughes anymore, if you asked me a few weeks ago I would have said yes we could have. The guy is just a really poor manager.

I did find it amusing how Hearts celebrated like they won the league though. My cousins under 12s team could beat them though, they are so crap. Their only outlet was a crossfield ball to Templeton who took the crap out of Murray near enough the whole game. If we can't beat that shower of ***** then we really are screwed for next season especially if Yogi is in charge. I need a drink, and a lie down. :grr:

I thought we played pretty well and were the better team apart from the last 20 minutes. Smith is our best shot stopper out of him, Stack and Maka IMO. I think Thicot is better at CB but he was fantastic today at RB i'd say. And i think apart from a few games Murray has been one of our best players this season and don't understand where all this criticism has came from.

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Smith is our best shot stopper out of him, Stack and Maka IMO.

Problem is he's pish at everything else!

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Problem is he's pish at everything else!

Like what?

The only thing he isn't best at is coming out for crosses IMO.

Hibercelona
01-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Don't understand some of the criticism Thicot gets.

He's never put a foot wrong IMO.

It was the forward players that let us down today.

They kept getting into good positions and then choosing to play the ball wide every single time, instead of just taking a run down the middle.

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Like what?

Exhibit 1: Hearts first goal

Exhibit 2: Hearts second goal

PC Stamp
01-05-2010, 06:09 PM

Maybe because we were 17 points ahead of them at one stage and now they actually look like they could overtake us. And you're right, they ARE crap. So what does that make us?

lyonhibs
01-05-2010, 06:15 PM

Well that's one more *****ing outlet than we had for most of the game.

Hearts aren't utter *****e, they are just very limited with the players they have. Thing is - with an iota of tactical savvy on the touchline - that bunch of physical, committed yet ultimately limited maroon turds have more in their locker - in the Derby - than we do, and this has been so since the 1970's, with the exception of the McCleish era and the odd game or 2 under Colins/Mowbray.

Go figure.

Yogi, go.

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Well that's one more *****ing outlet than we had for most of the game.

Hearts aren't utter *****e, they are just very limited with the players they have. Thing is - with an iota of tactical savvy on the touchline - that bunch of physical, committed yet ultimately limited maroon turds have more in their locker - in the Derby - than we do, and this has been so since the 1970's, with the exception of the McCleish era and the odd game or 2 under Colins/Mowbray.

Go figure.

Yogi, go.

Hearts are no more physical than any other team in the league, except our bunch of pansies of course.

The Voice Of Reason
01-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Maybe because we were 17 points ahead of them at one stage and now they actually look like they could overtake us. And you're right, they ARE crap. So what does that make us?

Clifford - could you please convey these thoughts (on behalf of yourself and most of us on here) the next time you interview John Hughes for Hibs TV ?!?!?

It needs saying.......I would be interested to hear his response to that. :agree:

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Exhibit 1: Hearts first goal

Exhibit 2: Hearts second goal

I know, but apart from maybe Ross County away that is the only poor game he has had, all our keepers seem to have a weakness in some department, if not more than one.

lyonhibs
01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Hearts are no more physical than any other team in the league, except our bunch of pansies of course.

I know - but that's all it takes against us, which was the point of my post.

Templeton looked like he wouldn't stand up to a strong breeze, yet he still ripped the pish out of Murray all day long. The Spanish Waiter probably doesn't cast a shadow when he stands side on to the sun, but if the Hearts players aren't physical in terms of stature, they are usually - with a couple of comical exceptions from history - imbimbed with the right attitude and will to win that is so sorely lacking from 99% of our players.

Ironically, the one player to consistently match the Hearts players in these criteria was the much maligned, "useless, a waste of a jersey", John Rankin.

PC Stamp
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM

Clifford - could you please convey these thoughts (on behalf of yourself and most of us on here) the next time you interview John Hughes for Hibs TV ?!?!?

It needs saying.......I would be interested to hear his response to that. :agree:

Hibs TV interviews are no longer my responsibility I'm afraid but I'll convey your question.

PS- It's not Sunday yet. :wink:

lyonhibs
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I know, but apart from maybe Ross County away that is the only poor game he has had, all our keepers seem to have a weakness in some department, if not more than one.

Sadly, all our keepers since christ knows when seem to have an inherent weakness, not necessarily in a specific department, but against a specific team.

Infuriatingly, that team is the *****ing Jambo sc*m :grr: :grr: :grr:

Kaiser1962
01-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Like what?

Dracula Syndrome. There appears to be an epidemic at ER.

The Voice Of Reason
01-05-2010, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=The Voice Of Reason;2447016]

Hibs TV interviews are no longer my responsibility I'm afraid but I'll convey your question.

PS- It's not Sunday yet. :wink:

Cheers.

Re the bit in bold - disappointed to hear that, why not ?

PC Stamp
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=PC Stamp;2447024]

Cheers.

Re the bit in bold - disappointed to hear that, why not ?

Work related from my point of view. Sadly I can't be in two places at once and the paid job has to take precedence.

DH1875
01-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Thread title says it all.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Sadly, all our keepers since christ knows when seem to have an inherent weakness, not necessarily in a specific department, but against a specific team.

Infuriatingly, that team is the *****ing Jambo sc*m :grr: :grr: :grr:

Yep that's what i said to my mate earlier.

I'm not sure if it's the reputation our past keepers now have for ****in up against them that puts pressure on the current ones but it always happens at least once a season to at least one of our keepers. It's happened to both Stack and Smith this season, the two keepers that have played against Hearts this year.

paxtonhibby
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
What makes things even more frustrating is the yam keeper(3rd choice?)looked very dodgy,but once again in a derby wasnt tested and ours found out.:grr:

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
why is it every derby (almost every, maybe excluding 6-2 and Millenium) since the early 80's they are more up for it man for man than us?