PDA

View Full Version : Get a grip of ursel

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Come on people, fair enough we've been psh for the last I don't know how long. We could be doing alot better but the team and yogi need support, we can't keep on sacking managers after a year.
I think yogis the man to do the job and I just feel if we all gave the team, club support then I think we'll be challenging for 3rd if not better next year. So all this pish about sacking yogi, give it up lads it's getting boring.
Let's all get behind the team and the club as a whole.

**** the hearts there ****, fat jimmy jeffries and all.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

hibeez1875
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Wrong - now is the the time for Yogi to go. Nice to see Jefferies in charge at the Yams again though, because I love the "cheer up ... fat Jambo *******" song

skipster7
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Come on people, fair enough we've been psh for the last I don't know how long. We could be doing alot better but the team and yogi need support, we can't keep on sacking managers after a year.
I think yogis the man to do the job and I just feel if we all gave the team, club support then I think we'll be challenging for 3rd if not better next year. So all this pish about sacking yogi, give it up lads it's getting boring.

part sensible but prepare to be flamed:wink:

steakbake
01-05-2010, 05:02 PM

1. We've been pish since Christmas. Nearly 5 long months of utter ***** game after game.

2. We could be doing a lot better - yes, much. We're barely better than last year which was a season bad enough for Mixu to be given the bullet.

3. Sacking manager - yes we can and we should. If they're not up to scratch and show no sign of improvement (like Yogi) then they must be shown the door. This is no time for misplaced loyalty.

4. **** the hearts - I don't disagree with you there. However, as we see today, if they're ****, then where does that place us?

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
fair enough we've been psh for the last I don't know how long.

yes, and thats the problem.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 05:04 PM
There's NO sign of Hughes learning ANYTHING from what's been happening and that's the problem.

SloopJB
01-05-2010, 05:10 PM
If it is as simple as that and supporters of other clubs also grip ursel's. get behind the club and the team, won't they also be challenging for 3rd, maybe even better next year?

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah and everything he should of learned from was when we were in front and gave goals away:confused:.
Terrible I know and don't get me wrong I hurt like everybody else, But I've supported Hibs for long enough to know we'll come good.
I feel we've go the right man in the job and we'll be good for years to come. The clubs in a great condition compared to the rest of scottish football just trust the men in charge.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah and everything he should of learned from was when we were in front and gave goals away:confused:.
Terrible I know and don't get me wrong I hurt like everybody else, But I've supported Hibs for long enough to know we'll come good.
I feel we've go the right man in the job and we'll be good for years to come. The clubs in a great condition compared to the rest of scottish football just trust the men in charge.

This is a genuine question, and you may well be right, but what is your evidence for this?

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 05:23 PM
This is a genuine question, and you may well be right, but what is your evidence for this?

Absolutely none! But I don't know any other manager that would bring stokes and miller to the club.

Do you know another manager that could be doing abetter job with the players?

Keith_M
01-05-2010, 05:26 PM
I think yogis the man to do the job

Based on what?

:confused:

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Absolutely none! But I don't know any other manager that would bring stokes and miller to the club.

There's a bit more to managing than signing some good players!

So he's the "right man" because he's as cr*p as anyone else we could get? I don't follow your logic.

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Based on what?

let me know someone better?:confused:

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
There's a bit more to managing than signing some good players!

So he's the "right man" because he's as cr*p as anyone else we could get? I don't follow your logic.

So if he's as crap as everyone else we could get, tell me who could be doing better following your logic?

Hainan Hibs
01-05-2010, 05:35 PM
let me know someone better?:confused:

http://www.fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/jellystone.jpg

The actual Yogi would be better.

Billychaotic182
01-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Based on what?

Signing big named players like Stokes and Miller. Players that would never have given hibs a look in without him. Did you see the list o players Mixu tried to get? Well think how bad we would have been with his signings.

he took us 12 games unbeaten.

We cant go sacking every manager that does not work for us in there 1st year. Otherwise we are no better than Hearts or Celtic. It will get to a stage where no one will want to come to hibs

I dont know why everyone seems to think hibs are a team the should finish 3rd everyseason coz since i have been a hibs fan i have only seen it twice.

We are what we are. And if yogi can bring in some more class signings we could be the end product

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Though we had the right man until this week. How many times in the last 5 months can we be turned over so easily ?

maximushibee
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM

we should have been challenging for 3rd spot this season soo much so i thought 3rd spot should have been sealed months ago.. got to remerber we were only 2 points behind celtic with a game in hand.. something drastic has happened behind the scenes for a team to be soo bad.. our last 15 16 games is that not worse than the teams fighting out for relegation?

CallumHibs07
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm getting fed up with threads saying Yogi is still the man. We are ***** and have lost 6 in a row. FFS! Get the man binned.:grr:

JohnScott
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
let me know someone better?:confused: ??Ahem.....Jim Jeffries

maximushibee
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM

Jim Jefferies turned around a hearts team with no striker and will overtake us in the league:duck:

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 05:49 PM
we should have been challenging for 3rd spot this season soo much so i thought 3rd spot should have been sealed months ago.. got to remerber we were only 2 points behind celtic with a game in hand.. something drastic has happened behind the scenes for a team to be soo bad.. our last 15 16 games is that not worse than the teams fighting out for relegation?

I don't disagree with anything you say, but tell me what hughes could of done to change the players he's got to use since January.
I also get he could of brought more players in January but he probably missed out on all the players he wanted?

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
??Ahem.....Jim Jeffries

:confused: He's a fat jambo ******* I would never have him at our club.

HFC 0-7
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
I think anyone thinking that Yogi is the man needs to get a grip. Yes he took us to 3rd and had a good run but since christmas there has been such a turnaround and for so long it shows that he is at a loss to do anything about it!

Hibs are bottom of the table on current form taking 0 points out the last 6 games!

this is relegation form, no doubt about it so how can a manager who talks about confidence and winning mentality so much go on such a bad run? The answer is because he has no ability to look at a game and adapt. If you give the guy to christmas with this form we will be bottom of the league which gives any new manager a massive task in trying to lift the players and stay in the league.

We may be looking back at this season wondering how we lost 3rd place when we had a good points cushion to a team that lost their manager mid season, how we lost 4th place to a team that has very little money, plays on what looks like a beach and also lost their manager mid season and possibly lost 5th place to a team that was so far behind at one point they were relegation fodder who also had no money a had a new manager mid season. All of this when at one point we were talking about splitting the old firm, champions league and when the manager was given more funds than recent managers, enough to bring players in like Stokes and Miller and still have enough to fund another 6 signings and a new stand!

YOGI SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 05:59 PM
So if he's as crap as everyone else we could get, tell me who could be doing better following your logic?

I'm interpreting what you're saying, FFS. TBH I don't know who the right man for the job is - it's the job of the Board to find that out. But for you to say Yogi's the right man for the job and then base that on the assertion that there's nobody else obvious that could do any better, then it's not a very convincing case you're putting.

Cropley10
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Signing big named players like Stokes and Miller. Players that would never have given hibs a look in without him. Did you see the list o players Mixu tried to get? Well think how bad we would have been with his signings.

he took us 12 games unbeaten.

We cant go sacking every manager that does not work for us in there 1st year. Otherwise we are no better than Hearts or Celtic. It will get to a stage where no one will want to come to hibs

I dont know why everyone seems to think hibs are a team the should finish 3rd everyseason coz since i have been a hibs fan i have only seen it twice.

We are what we are. And if yogi can bring in some more class signings we could be the end product

I think you are at it.

Shabby Laslo took Hearts to third FFS.

He then did better than 2 wins in 16 and got the sack.

Shabby had his favourites, played carp football, didn't change things and also talked tripe.

Hearts actually had the balls to recognise this.

Every other Club in the SPL will hope he stays.

hibeenicol
01-05-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm interpreting what you're saying, FFS. TBH I don't know who the right man for the job is - it's the job of the Board to find that out. But for you to say Yogi's the right man for the job and then base that on the assertion that there's nobody else obvious that could do any better, then it's not a very convincing case you're putting.

I'm not trying to make a case I'm just saying lets stop talking about doing away with yogi. I think he'll come good and we'll be a total different side next year.
I've been there all season and it's been rubbish, but the good thing about being a hibee is when the good times come, we know about it. Can you honestly tell me someone who would be doing a better job? where did you expect Hibs to finish this year? would another manager made us better? All these questions are'nt just for you just wanting to know the answers?

Alfred E Newman
01-05-2010, 06:17 PM
:confused: He's a fat jambo ******* I would never have him at our club.

Maybe so but like most other managers in the league he is more tacticly aware than Yogi.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Maybe so but like most other managers in the league he is more tacticly aware than Yogi.

Is he though ? Kilmarnock are joint bottom of the league thanks to him. Maybe he just has a bigger mouth and like himself more ?

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm not trying to make a case I'm just saying lets stop talking about doing away with yogi. I think he'll come good and we'll be a total different side next year.
I've been there all season and it's been rubbish, but the good thing about being a hibee is when the good times come, we know about it. Can you honestly tell me someone who would be doing a better job? where did you expect Hibs to finish this year? would another manager made us better? All these questions are'nt just for you just wanting to know the answers?

Up until recently I've agreed with you that he's entitled to another year. I'm not so sure now and my reasoning is that he seems to be unable to try ANYTHING different to turn things round. Playing the same formation and players and making the same sort of substitutions week after week, with the same inevitable result suggests to me that he learns nothing and just waits for something to happen.

Perhaps he will "come good" but I just don't know why you think this - the evidence is entirely to the contrary.

As for your other questions:
I don't think there's many managers who could do any worse with the squad we've got and
At the start of the season I expected Hibs to do better than a repeat of last season and at Christmas I expected them to come 4th at the very worst. However, it's not so much a matter of where they finish, it's seeing a team that capitulates spinelessly, week in, week out, that is disappointing and that has to have something to do with the manager - he's the one playing largely the same players every wekk.

DH1875
01-05-2010, 07:27 PM

Look I have been saying this since Christmas and have been urging everyone to get behind Yogi and the team. But do you know what Ive had enough. Today has really taken the biscuit. It has cost me close on £125 to watch that crap today and I aint happy. The team is going nowhere and they offered no heart or fight, the defence it s**t, We have nothing up front and Riordan is wasted out on the left.

Still roll on wednesday.

SalfordHibs
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm getting fed up with threads saying Yogi is still the man. We are ***** and have lost 6 in a row. FFS! Get the man binned.:grr:

:top marks

Totally agree mate all this he needs more time bollocks, he has the worse record since 1977, but some people on here still think he is the man if he brings in these players :blah::blah::blah:...He has brought in 8 players and we are no further forward. The Yams will take over us will that be enough for the Happy Clappers to want him out then?

Saorsa
01-05-2010, 11:21 PM

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:Baws :bye:

Steve-O
01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
From what I watched of the game Hibs looked like a 2nd division team playing a cup tie, only without the fight. All I saw was hoofball and sheer hope that we could (a) create a chance, and (b) keep Hearts out. As it proved, hoping things happen doesn't tend to work in football and yet again v Hearts we concede late goals due to utterly woeful defending.

We should actually try not even playing a keeper against them.

mcfly
01-05-2010, 11:56 PM
yogi is NOT the right man for hibs.......12 games unbeaten aye very good he's also taken us on our worst league run for over 30 yrs.

not acceptable and just as well we got a good start or he'd be taking us to div 1.

with this guy in charge we'll have a lovely new stand but it will be empty!!

he is too pally with the players, they are not fit enough, no passion, or fight. watching hibs should carry a health warning.

the product is not worth the money and yogi must go in my view.

we need an experienced manager not an ex hibee with no plan b