PDA

View Full Version : Graeme Smith

.Sean.
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
He was utter balls today. Were the **** was he for there two goals? Got it tight from the Hibbies and rightly so. He was garbage. Perhaps now we won't have threads every other day the weeks when he's not playing asking where he was. Looking forward to seeing Brown in action. Smith doesn't seem to be the answer. I'd much rather have a fit Stack in goals.

Beefster
01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
He was utter balls today. Were the **** was he for there two goals? Got it tight from the Hibbies and rightly so. He was garbage. Perhaps now we won't have threads every other day the weeks when he's not playing asking where he was. Looking forward to seeing Brown in action. Smith doesn't seem to be the answer. I'd much rather have a fit Stack in goals.

Played well for 95% of his games. Let's write him off though.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 04:56 PM
He misjudged a couple of crosses in his 10 or so games he has played so he should definitely GTF.

Violater
01-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I think we have 2 good goalkeepers in Smith and Stack. (not seen Brown yet). I think one of the problems that does not help the goalies is we have not one bit of presence in our defence. Our centre halves are not dominant enough. Hanlon is a good defender and is certainly an excellent prospect for us but Yogi (if he is there for next season) needs to totally remodel the defence. It is gash.

PatHead
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Cant see how anyone thinks he did okay. Apart from the save in the 3rd or 4th minute he had nothing to do apart from picking the ball out the net. Just panics on crosses

Genuinely not on the wind up but I would bring Maka back for Wednesday

Hibercelona
01-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Their goalie was far worse IMO.

We should have put him under so much more pressure.

Things are obviously seriously wrong behind the scenes.

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Just saw the goals on sky sports news...look even worse on T.V than they did at the time, and thats saying something :bitchy:

hibsbollah
01-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Maka please:agree:

hibee_girl
01-05-2010, 05:58 PM
We'd be much better off if we hadn't dropped Maka so rashly earlier in the season :agree:

Feed McGraw
01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
He did most ok and had 1 error more than their keeper.

Getting it tight = being called a ****ing hearts supporting useless ******* from a large section behind the goals who went down to the front so they wouldn't miss him.

yeh, go support your team eh?

That has made me feel sick and angry, poor guy,that is so unfair to single him out, especially in that manner.

oldbutdim
01-05-2010, 06:52 PM
I'd heard he has been ill for the last two or three days and it was touch and go for him being able to play.

Maybe he shouldn't have.

Now we're ALL sick.

Crab apple
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Having seen close up him get his angles wrong for the first goal at Perth on that horrible night I have to say he would not be my first choice. He didn't command the box today at all. Not as bad as a Oli or Zibi but shouldn't be first or second choice next season.

.Sean.
01-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't actually think Smith's a bad goalie. He did however make shocking mistakes today and I don't think they can be defended. For me, a fully-fit Stack would start every time.

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
We'd be much better off if we hadn't dropped Maka so rashly earlier in the season :agree:At the time Smith and Brown were signed , there were rumours that Stack had a serious injury so you can see why Yogi signed one goalie but reckon the double signing was a huge error which must have affected team morale - 2 players knowing they won`t even make bench each week , young goalies knowing they had no chance at all of even making bench , confusion among defenders , uncertainty Stack and Maka must have felt seeing new arrivals ,... and of course we spent a lot of money on wages . Smith was released by Brighton not Barcelona but Yogi felt need to give him a long contract when all that was needed was someone till end of season if Stack wasn`t fit . If Yogi continues we`ll have Smith ( not good enough for Brighton ) and Brown ( over a year without regular first team football ) as goalies while Stack and Maka do well elsewhere . If there`s a new manager , no doubt he`ll bring in someone else and we`ll have Smith or Brown transfer listed or released .

Crab apple
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Can't agree with posters on her who feel Maka was harshly treated. He was dire in most derbies. I hope he goes at the end of the season. Smith was poor today and as I've already I hope he isn't first or second choice next season.

Beefster
01-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't actually think Smith's a bad goalie. He did however make shocking mistakes today and I don't think they can be defended. For me, a fully-fit Stack would start every time.

And when Stack was playing, folk were screaming for Smith. Hibs fans don't have a clue about goalies.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 08:26 PM
And when Stack was playing, folk were screaming for Smith. Hibs fans don't have a clue about goalies.

Cause we haven't came across many good ones over the last few years.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:27 PM
little wonder after the last few years

Cameron1875
01-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Every single goalie we have had since daniel anderson has been absolute pi$h.

The 4 we have on our books at the moment :faf::boo hoo:.

Is smith's contract up at the end of season?

Iain G
01-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Every single goalie we have had since daniel anderson has been absolute pi$h.

The 4 we have on our books at the moment :faf::boo hoo:.

Is smith's contract up at the end of season?

Inlcuding Brown who you or anyone else has never seen play for Hibs??? :confused:

Expecting Rain
02-05-2010, 10:04 AM

He never seemed comfortable at all today, wether it was taking a pass back, coming out for a corner or in his general decision making, i thought he was poor at both the Hearts goals.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 10:07 AM

Try looking before you leap :rolleyes:

hibs7062footbal
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
smiths a jambo . say no more

Cameron1875
02-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Inlcuding Brown who you or anyone else has never seen play for Hibs??? :confused:

Seen brown play for celtic and for killie. Absolute murder.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 10:51 AM
smiths a jambo . say no more

Utterly pathetic post.........

Sure Hanlon was culpable for first goal, and the ball took a bobble for second, and hanlon could have cleared it also.....

Still have a wee dig at Smith all the same..........

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Sure Hanlon was culpable for first goal, and the ball took a bobble for second, and hanlon could have cleared it also.....

dont blame smith for the first but he was defo at fault for the 2nd

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
dont blame smith for the first but he was defo at fault for the 2nd

Did the ball take a bobble?

Pretty Boy
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Seen brown play for celtic and for killie. Absolute murder.

Aye because when he was coming in to play 1 game every 3 or 4 months at Celtc it must have been really easy for him. It's really difficult as a keeper to sit out for so long and then get match sharpness overnight.

Didn't see him much at Killie so can't comment but he was very decent when he was at both ICT and Motherwell.

How you can declare him murder when he has played about 10 1st team games in 2 and a bit years is beyond me.

Idiot.

Judas Iscariot
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
He's pish..

We need a PROPER GK for next season..

Any goalie worth his salt would've dealt with they 2 goals yesterday..

Hearts ****

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Did the ball take a bobble?

yip i think it did, if there had been more communication between the two then the defender wouldnt have been in the way, letting smith get to the ball. Its was a mistake from smith IMO

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
yip i think it did, if there had been more communication between the two then the defender wouldnt have been in the way, letting smith get to the ball. Its was a mistake from smith IMO

If it took a bobble it would still have had the same result, irrespective of communication.....

sunshine1875
02-05-2010, 11:04 AM
On another post, I gave my thoughts on both goals.

For the first Hanlon or Hogg (not sure who) tries to be smart and shield the ball from the Hertz player, who slides in and tackles - the ball going sideways to where both Smith and Murray go to the ball, the latter distracting the former. The ball is played by neither leaving the Spanish waiter with and open goal.:grr:

For the second, a ball into the box is missed by both the goalie and the defender (again both putting each other off) leaving Obua an open goal.:grr:

Having seen it again, I think the problem is that we have one goalie (Stack) who refuses to come off his line and a second goalie (Smith) who does. In both incidents, the defender (Murray I think in both cases) starts to go to clear the ball with his wrong foot thinking that our goalie (normally Stack) will stay on his line. Meanwhile, Smith doesn't and makes a move to clear it. Smith then thinks that Murray is going to clear and vice versa and neither do leaving an easy goal for Hertz.

To do it once in a game is bad, to do it twice is shocking. But even worse, do they not discuss this before the game and agree what course of action to take.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
If it took a bobble it would still have had the same result, irrespective of communication.....

wasnt so much a bobble but a bounce was it not. and it wasnt a bounce that would have made it a difficult save. Im sure when you watch it again you will agree that smith was at fault for the 2nd goal

billythehibby
02-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Can't agree with posters on her who feel Maka was harshly treated. He was dire in most derbies. I hope he goes at the end of the season. Smith was poor today and as I've already I hope he isn't first or second choice next season.

I'd check your stats on that one, he has one of the best goalkeeping records in derbies

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 12:18 PM
wasnt so much a bobble but a bounce was it not. and it wasnt a bounce that would have made it a difficult save. Im sure when you watch it again you will agree that smith was at fault for the 2nd goal

Hibs have not been able to defend balls into the box and set pieces all season. The fact we had a decent defensive record first half of the season was more down to the opposition's finishing, not our great defending. We beat Saints 3-0, yet we all left shaking our heads how. Irvine Meadow could have been 2-0 up after 10 minutes. In the Hamilton 5-1 game, they missed two or three great chances before we scored. The list is endless. Look at the goals we conceded against Saints in Perth and Ross County in Dingwall. It's comical defending which you see in a public park on a Sunday. We are the pub team at defending, not Hearts or the rest. :agree:

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Hibs have not been able to defend balls into the box and set pieces all season. The fact we had a decent defensive record first half of the season was more down to the opposition's finishing, not our great defending. We beat Saints 3-0, yet we all left shaking our heads how. Irvine Meadow could have been 2-0 up after 10 minutes. In the Hamilton 5-1 game, they missed two or three great chances before we scored. The list is endless. Look at the goals we conceded against Saints in Perth and Ross County in Dingwall. It's comical defending which you see in a public park on a Sunday. We are the pub team at defending, not Hearts or the rest. :agree:

yip have to agree

SneakersO'Toole
02-05-2010, 12:42 PM

Are you kidding me?

Smith was at fault both goals. No question. We would have won that game yesterday had it not been for his woeful decision making.

Dashing Bob S
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
We'd be much better off if we hadn't dropped Maka so rashly earlier in the season :agree:

There are other factors to consider, yes, but compare the amount of goals that Maka has lost this season, to those that others have shipped and it stands up as a self-evident truth. Despite the odd high-profile gaff, he's by far the best and most dominant goalkeeper we have.

I'm sure the stats will back that up.

marinello59
02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Are you kidding me?

Smith was at fault both goals. No question. We would have won that game yesterday had it not been for his woeful decision making.

Were Hanlon and Murray totally blameless for the first goal then?

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Are you kidding me?

Why would I kid with you, I have no idea who you are......

Smith not at fault for both goals......Look at goal 1 again and tell me how it was his fault?

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Were Hanlon and Murray totally blameless for the first goal then?

Hogg (injured) loses header to Obua, Hanlon gets wrong side and is bullied by Clum, Smith comes out to gather ball, Murray hesitates, Smith makes half hearted effort in saving......ball falls to Alf who has an empty net to score in.

Second goal is a fault of Thicot (not clearing his lines properly), Smith and Hanlon combined.

Simple balls into the box, yet we make it look oh so very hard to deal with.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Hogg (injured) loses header to Obua, Hanlon gets wrong side and is bullied by Clum, Smith comes out to gather ball, Murray hesitates, Smith makes half hearted effort in saving......ball falls to Alf who has an empty net to score in.

Second goal is a fault of Thicot (not clearing his lines properly), Smith and Hanlon combined.

Simple balls into the box, yet we make it look oh so very hard to deal with.

:top marksive never noticed before but he does look like alf:faf:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KbKslcijHHxQ-M:http://kidsdontgetit.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/alf1.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://kidsdontgetit.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/alf1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://kidsdontgetit.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/list-o-the-week-15-greatest-hollywood-tragedies-9-7/&usg=__-jmF95ecXSy2Bx4yV0bTqvsFdM0=&h=1629&w=1095&sz=413&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=KbKslcijHHxQ-M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dalf%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%2 6rls%3Dig%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1)

SneakersO'Toole
02-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Smith not at fault for both goals......Look at goal 1 again and tell me how it was his fault?

It was a terrible decision to come off his line when he never going to get the ball in a million years. He let panic take over and we paid a heavy price.

I'm not saying the defence were innocent for the goals we conceded yesterday but Smith was the main culprit.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-05-2010, 01:24 PM
:top marksive never noticed before but he does look like alf:faf:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:KbKslcijHHxQ-M:http://kidsdontgetit.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/alf1.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://kidsdontgetit.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/alf1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://kidsdontgetit.wordpress.com/2009/08/06/list-o-the-week-15-greatest-hollywood-tragedies-9-7/&usg=__-jmF95ecXSy2Bx4yV0bTqvsFdM0=&h=1629&w=1095&sz=413&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=KbKslcijHHxQ-M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dalf%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%2 6rls%3Dig%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1)Could the SFA Video review panel not give him a retrospective booking for being ugly?

(((Fergus)))
02-05-2010, 02:05 PM
We should have spent three wages (Stack [long-term injured], Smith [very ordinary], Brown [injured and ordinary/invisible]) on getting a proper number one on decent money with Maka as understudy (still young and statistically our best keeper anyway) and Flynn as backup.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM

didnt you say he wasnt at fault for the 2nd as well:wink:

oconnors_strip
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
He did most ok and had 1 error more than their keeper.

Getting it tight = being called a ****ing hearts supporting useless ******* from a large section behind the goals who went down to the front so they wouldn't miss him.

yeh, go support your team eh?

some of the things that were being shouted to smith were disgusting and shameful.:grr: then the so called fans started moaning when smith turned round and told them to shut it. :rolleyes:

got a feeling some hibs "fans" will be on his back on wednesday night before the game even kicks off:bitchy:

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
i like smith, think he has been ok since signing. Just a pity the defence hasnt been up to much lately. although he didnt cover himself in glory on sat:boo hoo: