Shocking performance from miller today :bitchy:

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Jambo in disguise? He gave them enough of the ball

And another shocking performance against the ****s.:bitchy:

HFC 0-7
01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
He was terrible today, passed it to their player so many times. To be honest he hasnt been that great for a while now, which is strange because it was all so promising!

Since90+2
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
For a guy earning £5k a week he needs to get his finger out his arse, though I dont think he is helped playing alongside Rankin. We need a physical presence in the middle to allow Miller to play football.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
What a loadapish. 3 misplaced passes but apart from that controlled things until last 20 mins when we were overrun again.

Always looking for the ball and trying to build. Never just kicks it to get rid of it. A true football player. Need more like him.

Devine
01-05-2010, 04:37 PM
For a guy earning £5k a week he needs to get his finger out his arse, though I dont think he is helped playing alongside Rankin. We need a physical presence in the middle to allow Miller to play football.

Rankin was one of the best players in a Hibs shirt today and Miller was a joke. im fed up of these excuses for this overpaid baloon!

Bob Box Fish
01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
He's been gash in the derbies - I got flamed on here after the Xmas derby for saying m.stewart had him in his back pocket. I would swap him for Stewart right now given the chance.

SloopJB
01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Certainly lacks match fitness which he will struggle to get this season but at least there was forward movement with him there.

lyonhibs
01-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Ahhhhh so it's RANKIN'S fault that Miller had an absolute disgrace of a game. Rankin's fault that Miller couldn't "play football". Of course.

There I was thinking Rankin showed more heart, desire, aerial ability and grit than about 10 Liam Miller's would have today, and all along it was actually Rankin's fault that Miller had a *****er of a game today.

Silly me :bitchy:

Devine
01-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Ahhhhh so it's RANKIN'S fault that Miller had an absolute disgrace of a game. Rankin's fault that Miller couldn't "play football". Of course.

There I was thinking Rankin showed more heart, desire, aerial ability and grit than about 10 Liam Miller's would have today, and all along it was actually Rankin's fault that Miller had a *****er of a game today.

Exactly, the excuses rolled out by many people for Millers form over the past 3-4months have to realise it is HIM who needs to take his finger out his ar*e and get involved. He hides whenever its not going our way for a player of supposed ability, pedigree and experience he has been an embarassment!

Since90+2
01-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Did I mention anything about Rankin having no desire , heart ect ? No.

I simply think we would get more out of Miller if he had a commanding ball winner in the middle of the park with him. Miller has ten times the ability of Rankin IMO.

SloopJB
01-05-2010, 04:43 PM

When Hogg was injured, Rankin ran off the park with the training bag.
A guy behind me shouted, "aye, that's aw yer ****in guid fur ya wee *****" couldn't believe it.
I thought Rankin was everywhere today, certainly one of our better performers

Since90+2
01-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Exactly, the excuses rolled out by many people for Millers form over the past 3-4months have to realise it is HIM who needs to take his finger out his ar*e and get involved. He hides whenever its not going our way for a player of supposed ability, pedigree and experience he has been an embarassment!

I did state this in my original post.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 04:44 PM

I simply think we would get more out of Miller if he had a commanding ball winner in the middle of the park with him. Miller has ten times the ability of Rankin IMO.

Well based on what i've seen the last 3 months Rankin has 10 times the ability of Miller.

hibee_girl
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Miller has been playing like that for weeks now!!

He was awful today

DH1875
01-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Well based on what i've seen the last 3 months Rankin has 10 times the ability of Miller.

:top marks.

Jones28
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM

That may be the case but Rankin was 10 times the player miller was today. Its not always about ability, especially in a derby

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2010, 07:06 PM
You shouldn't mistake running about at 100 miles an hour, making last ditch tackles, hounding Larry, and covering every blade of grass with being a football player.

Rankin did his job today very well. For 70 minutes.

Then he got knackered (along with Wotherspoon, Riordan and Miller) and Larry and co suddenly bossed the game, scored two goals and possibly ended our chances of 4th.

More Millers please and less Rankins.

greenlex
01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
You shouldn't mistake running about at 100 miles an hour, making last ditch tackles, hounding Larry, and covering every blade of grass with being a football player.

Then he got knackered (along with Wotherspoon, Riordan and Miller) and Larry and co suddenly bossed the game, scored two goals and possibly ended our chances of 4th.

11 Liam Millers wouldnt have won the game today tired or otherwise. 11 John Rankins would have. We need a balance of both types IMO.

fife hfc
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Miller is suffering from a lack of a pre season imho. He came to hibs without a team and now finding that his core fitness is not what it should be. Also the midfield he blossomed in has now lost two players. Mcbride has not been the same since injury and Zemmama got niggling injuries that reduced his role until his season ended. Rankin played well today but he is no replacement for the two we lost as they were well balanced.

Also the way Yogi sets up his team leaves our two central midfielders outnumbered as he continues to play three up front and will not admit that it leaves us too open as we don't have forwards who will work their ***** off like kenny miller. Until Yogi admits his formation, tactics are wrong then our midfiled will struggle.

Gala Foxes
01-05-2010, 08:01 PM
or is this why he has been emptied by a series of championship and Div ! English sides?

Coco Bryce
01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
What a loadapish. 3 misplaced passes but apart from that controlled things until last 20 mins when we were overrun again.

Always looking for the ball and trying to build. Never just kicks it to get rid of it. A true football player. Need more like him.

Opinions eh

I thought Miller was and has been murder in EVERY game against Hearts this season. Today was exceptionally bad though :bitchy:

iwasthere1972
01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Jambo in disguise? He gave them enough of the ball

Lost count how many times he passed it straight to a Yammy.

He couldn't win a footballer look-a-like competition in a room full of ballerinas.

:grr:

Hibbie_Cameron
01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Miller was terrible today, whilst Rankin was my motm by some distance

hibsbollah
01-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Miller is suffering from a lack of a pre season imho. He came to hibs without a team and now finding that his core fitness is not what it should be. Also the midfield he blossomed in has now lost two players. Mcbride has not been the same since injury and Zemmama got niggling injuries that reduced his role until his season ended. Rankin played well today but he is no replacement for the two we lost as they were well balanced.

Also the way Yogi sets up his team leaves our two central midfielders outnumbered as he continues to play three up front and will not admit that it leaves us too open as we don't have forwards who will work their ***** off like kenny miller. Until Yogi admits his formation, tactics are wrong then our midfiled will struggle.

Agree:agree:

Expecting Rain
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM

I agree and if folk prefer Rankin to Miller we`re in serious trouble.

Golden Bear
02-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Liam will be a better player if he ever decides to get rid of his beer belly.

Sprouleflyer
02-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Miller when McBride is not playing plays far to deep. Miller is much better further up the park, where he played during the early part of the seson before McBride got injured.

Miller is a player, there is no doubt about that, would rather have him in my starting 11 than Rankin, although I will give Rankin his credit, he was V good for 60 mins yesterday, but 60 mins is not a season and over the course of the season he has been poor.

Devine
02-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Yep thats the one Liam Miller cant play with Rankin and cant play without Zemmama and McBride.

I've never heard so much utter tosh, he's been absolutely p*sh poor for months on end, hides in games and looks disinterested and its NOT his fault. A word Yogi uses all too frequently CHARACTER this guy has none of it and is a key example of why he has been punted from everywhere he has been. You can shove your excuses for this imposter and start to analyse why he has disappeared! A player with limited ability who works hard etc is frustrating a player with ability who lacks the rest is unforgivable!

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-05-2010, 11:29 AM
At the start of the season, Miller was simply outstanding and looked all the way the player that went from Celtic to Man U with the world at his feet. The past few months however, he has looked all the player that got punted from Sunderland to QPR to the dole queue. Talent not in doubt, but attitude and commitment...maybe. This is not a Hibs thing though as he has previous for this sort of form slump. I just think that in the last few months, he has been getting his place in the team far, far too easily.

GreenOnions
02-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I would love to see the stats for this but I'm convinced that if the stats were analysed it would show that we have won an extremely small % of games in which Rankin has been in the starting 11. A significantly smaller % than games when he hasn't started.

If it is true it needn't necessarily mean anything but I would be interested to see the stats during the time since he came to Hibs for win % when Rankin starts and for when he doesn't.

J-C
02-05-2010, 02:09 PM
What's needed is the management to keep Miller, Stokes, McCormack etc out of the pubs fpr a good few months, train and live like professionals and maybe then we'll see them perform better and more regularly. There is a huge drinking culture at the club, Collins tried to change things but the players didn't like it and he eventually went, Yogi needs to be a bit more heavy handed and kick some erses, or he'll be oot the door before they will, it's the players that are making him look foolish.

since90plustwo
02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
he hs been awful since the turn of the year, one or two good performances compared to week in week out in the opening months of the season. Mcbride hasn't been as good aswell. it might just be a coincidence, but miller and mcbride were excellent together at the beggining with the old system, yogi has changed it completely and i think against motherwell he should try the old system that we played there at the start when we were fantastic. simle back four miller mcbride in the middle, riordan wotherspoon attacking wingers and nishy and stokes up front. we know they are capable of playing with that system so i dont see why we go back to it?

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 03:50 PM

Correct.

I agree and if folk prefer Rankin to Miller we`re in serious trouble.

:agree: Rankin has one good game and we use it for a stick to beat Liam Miller with. The same Liam Miller folk were talking about as our POTY (and I'm sure the SPL POTY) in December.

The_Horde
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
After recent results I'm not sure i want us to get Europe and risk being absolutely humiliated.

KWJ
02-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Correct.

:agree: Rankin has one good game and we use it for a stick to beat Liam Miller with. The same Liam Miller folk were talking about as our POTY (and I'm sure the SPL POTY) in December.

he.was.my.motm.against.rangers.too.

He's.had.a.more.impressive.calendar.year.than.mill er.too.

Millers.a.player.not.showing.it.lately.thouhg.

PISTOL1875
02-05-2010, 04:30 PM

Larry bossed the game from the first whistle.. He was head and shoulders above any player out there by a mile.. Our midfielders couldn't get close to him the whole game...

noseyhibby
02-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Seriously, I know he has taken a knock or two, but the deterioration in this guys game is almost beyond belief. What the F... has happened to him and the rest of this current bunch of marshmallows??:grr:

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Seriously, I know he has taken a knock or two, but the deterioration in this guys game is almost beyond belief. What the F... has happened to him and the rest of this current bunch of marshmallows??:grr:

It seems he's went down the same route as Katie Thomson, his form has dropped since being given the captaincy, would much prefer Murray to be captain as he already has been and done very well, played the longest for Hibs over his two spells and his more experience than anyone in our team.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
At the start of the season, Miller was simply outstanding and looked all the way the player that went from Celtic to Man U with the world at his feet. The past few months however, he has looked all the player that got punted from Sunderland to QPR to the dole queue. Talent not in doubt, but attitude and commitment...maybe. This is not a Hibs thing though as he has previous for this sort of form slump. I just think that in the last few months, he has been getting his place in the team far, far too easily.
:agree:
Easy to see in the course of this season how his career has spectacularly nose dived, expect it to get worse, I don't think he'll ever be a consistent performer even at the low level of the SPL.

greenlex
02-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Correct.

Incorrect. Someone actually used Rankin as an excuse for Millers poor performances. That's the only reason his name is being mentioned on tthis (Millers ) thread.I find that quite incredible. If anyone has had to caryy anyone it has been Rankin carrying Miller. Yes the same Luam Miller who in December was getting the Plaudits.

marinello59
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Incorrect. Someone actually used Rankin as an excuse for Millers poor performances. That's the only reason his name is being mentioned on tthis (Millers ) thread.I find that quite incredible. If anyone has had to caryy anyone it has been Rankin carrying Miller. Yes the same Luam Miller who in December was getting the Plaudits.

Rankin missed the plaudit deadline by several months. He had already been identified as a fall guy. That just can't be changed at the drop of a hat.
This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Rankin missed the plaudit deadline by several months. He had already been identified as a fall guy. That just can't be changed at the drop of a hat.
This isn't 'Nam, there are rules.:agree:

:agree: Hopefully they include a rule that you don't get too many plaudits after having a couple of decent games and one good game at the end of the season when you're trying to save your job.

If he keeps doing it I'm wiling to change my mind - until then I'd have Miller over him every day.