PDA

View Full Version : I thought we were decent today

down-the-slope
01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
until ten munutes after we scored when we started to drop deeper and deeper and some players ran out of gas.

First half other than Miller who was short of match sharpness we competed well with some good performances from Rankin / Hanlon / Hogg / Thicot / Nish
Was disappointed we went in level given pressure we had. Concern was the torrid time Murray was getting with not enough cover and shot from Kingston that looked in before crashing off the post.

Second half after our very geneous penalty we needed to keep playing and press for a second. Instead we got a bit nervous and dropped deeper and deeper. Added to Stokes running out of gas, Nish loosing his first touch Deeks failing to get involved enough we started to give them encouragement to be more direct. Lost count of the number of misplaced passes by Miller and final balls from midfield hitting players heels / failing to get near the forward....and then we reincarnated the defensive / goal keeping blunders that I thought we had eradicated....

I think that Yogi insisting on Hogg going back on when obviously hurt (when Thicot to centre...McCann on at RB was obvious) was a mistake as he was obviously in pain and lost his dominance of Obua as he was understandibly protecting the injury a bit

Still can't beleive we let the game slip.....:rolleyes:

skipster7
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
until ten munutes after we scored when we started to drop deeper and deeper and some players ran out of gas.

First half other than Miller who was short of match sharpness we competed well with some good performances from Rankin / Hanlon / Hogg / Thicot / Nish
Was disappointed we went in level given pressure we had. Concern was the torrid time Murray was getting with not enough cover and shot from Kingston that looked in before crashing off the post.

Second half after our very geneous penalty we needed to keep playing and press for a second. Instead we got a bit nervous and dropped deeper and deeper. Added to Stokes running out of gas, Nish loosing his first touch Deeks failing to get involved enough we started to give them encouragement to be more direct. Lost count of the number of misplaced passes by Miller and final balls from midfield hitting players heels / failing to get near the forward....and then we reincarnated the defensive / goal keeping blunders that I thought we had eradicated....

I think that Yogi insisting on Hogg going back on when obviously hurt (when Thicot to centre...McCann on at RB was obvious) was a mistake as he was obviously in pain and lost his dominance of Obua as he was understandibly protecting the injury a bit

:top marksmy thoughts exactly apart from i thought miller was ok.i left the ground in a state of disbelief at how we could be comfortably the better team for most of the game only to lose :grr:agree that yogi should have changed hogg for mc'cann

Golden Bear
01-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Never in my wildest imagination could I describe that performance as "decent".

We were up against one of the worst hawrts teams I have ever seen but they still managed to scrap out a victory.

It was nothing short of disgraceful.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 03:45 PM
We WERE decent for much of the game but we still lost - the same was true against Celtic and Rangers.

Playing bravely and still losing, however, is the common mark of relegated sides.....

Keith_M
01-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Show me a "Valiant Loser" and I'll show you a "Loser".

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Show me a "Valiant Loser" and I'll show you a "Loser".

Is this part of your Country And Western repertoire? :greengrin

sam armstrong
01-05-2010, 04:15 PM

The truth is we can't defend as a team and can't attack as a team. In short we are not good enough.

IberianHibernian
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
We`ve certainly played worse in quite a few matches we won this season than we did today . Same goes for recent defeats v Old Firm . In the end we lost because of 2 mistakes by Smith ( curse of Hibs goalies in Derbies continues ) and because Hearts were hungrier team ( a draw was no use to them while it would have guaranteed 5th for us and helped us towards 4th ) .

King Paddy
01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Decent today, sorry mate but you must have seen a differant game to me . We sat back like the whole team were exhausted in the last 20min. No fight from players like Miller, Roirdon, Nish etc. And a complete idiot of a goalie in
Smith. This is the worst Hibs team since Water Galbraith in the early 60s.
If i was the manager of Hibs i would be very embarresed at our run of 2 wins in 17. I would resign now.

Hibbyradge
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Exactly how I saw it. Apart from a brief flurry here and there, we totally dominated the game until they scored. I was really pleased with the way we were playing.

I think Hogg wanted to play on. I was proud of him.

Hibercelona
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Techincal ability means nothing when you come up against a team full of sheer strength and stamina.

We can spread the ball about all we want, but as soon as they turn up the gas, they will cause damage.

We will never learn though....

hibeez1875
01-05-2010, 05:52 PM
I hope to God that Hibs were pish poor today, otherwise we're in a world of crap. I live in Leeds now and follow the Hibees on tv/radio/internet - so am not as clued up on our strenghts and weaknesses as others on here.
BUT ... having watches the match live today, I can only think we were useless. We looked terrible up front and only scored 'cause the ref gifted us a pen, and at the back we looked likely to concede every time a piss poor Yams team came at us.
Yogi comes across as a bit of a Goomba, TBH, and I do not believe he is capable of turning this around.
It's not great for the club to sack manager after manager, but that does not mean we should stick with the wrong man when it is obvious he is worse than useless.

new malkyhib
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Techincal ability means nothing when you come up against a team full of sheer strength and stamina.

We can spread the ball about all we want, but as soon as they turn up the gas, they will cause damage.

We will never learn though....

What bothered me was the collective panic that set in when they brought on the diving waiter, who is an extremely limited player (the laddie he replaced, Templeton, I think, is a far better player) but the manager did nothing to counter it.

Up until that point I thought the worse we were geting was a draw, which would've suited us, and it's not the manager's fault that a combination of the goalie and Hanlon (who up until their goal was flawless) flung one in.

There was an air of inevitability of their winner after that, and if i'm fed up with anything it's the (apparent) greater desire that that mob have over us to win this game. Too many crappers in this current Hibs team, I fear.

Hibercelona
01-05-2010, 06:06 PM
What bothered me was the collective panic that set in when they brought on the diving waiter, who is an extremely limited player (the laddie he replaced, Templeton, I think, is a far better player) but the manager did nothing to counter it.

Up until that point I thought the worse we were geting was a draw, which would've suited us, and it's not the manager's fault that a combination of the goalie and Hanlon (who up until their goal was flawless) flung one in.

There was an air of inevitability of their winner after that, and if i'm fed up with anything it's the (apparent) greater desire that that mob have over us to win this game. Too many crappers in this current Hibs team, I fear.

1 thing that struck me as quite interesting today was watching how both teams were warming up before the game.

We seemed to spend most of the time standing in small circles and making 1 touch passes.

Hearts on the other hand were using a far more intense warm up. They were running side to side on the pitch for 5 minutes, then practicing shots, then went back to running left to right to left again on the pitch again... and so on...

They do the basics, we don't. Thats what costs us so much against these b******s.

Anyone can makes loads of little short passes in a small circle. We need to start using the basics!

boomtownhibby
01-05-2010, 06:36 PM

Hibs were terrible today , did they create a chance ? nish was appauling today , couldn't pass the ball the length of himself. It was humiliating ,

BSEJVT
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Have we really sunk so low that some folk believe that was a decent performance?

Hibs I am afraid are total crap and have gone massively backwards under Hughes.

As one of Mixu's biggest critics I am astonished that that's even possible but it is.

Hughes has had far more cash to play with and the quality of the league has declined severely in the last year and we are still absolutely no better off.

I am totally pissed off watching them run out of puff after 60 minutes.

They have lost even the basic ability to trap the ball and play a 5 yard return pass.

Hughes should get f*in well shot for:

1) His transfer window signings

2) His inability to pick a balanced bench

3) His total inability to make a sensible substitution

4) His complete lack of game awareness

5) His inability to get the best out of the players on the park for his constant whinging at them. You pick them you f*in muppet, let them get on with it instead of spending half the game arguing with them.

6) Their embarrasing lack of fight

7) His constantly pathetic and repetitive post match interviews.

Up to now I havent wanted yet another change in manager and know its not the right thing to do, but we have been an absolute joke since Christmas and Hughes seems powerless to address it.

His evening news interview tonight about no major changes to the squad in the summer has me absolute papping myself for next year.

I have never been as depressed about a Hibs side as I am about this one.

That takes some achievement for a 47 year old life long Hibs supporter.

The next step is apathy and thats where it gets really scary

Jonnyboy
01-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Exactly how I saw it. Apart from a brief flurry here and there, we totally dominated the game until they scored. I was really pleased with the way we were playing.

I think he did too Dave and it was brave of the laddie BUT it was evident he was in a lot of pain and that must surely have affected his concentration? For my money Hogg should not have been the one to decide, the manager should have replaced him with McCann and shifted Thicot into the middle :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2010, 09:08 PM
I think he did too Dave and it was brave of the laddie BUT it was evident he was in a lot of pain and that must surely have affected his concentration? For my money Hogg should not have been the one to decide, the manager should have replaced him with McCann and shifted Thicot into the middle :agree:

Thought same, Hogg had bad back, and then wrist injury, and he was seen wincing on more than one occasion through pain.

Another one that the wise one got wrong..........

BWhiteman1972
01-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Considering some recent performances, the first 20-25 minutes wasn't too bad and in fact we could/should have been at least 1 goal to the good.

With the 'talent?' we are supposed to have, they are unable to do the basics - pass, control the ball, make sensible decisions. And I agree that it appears fitness seems to be a major issue. Last 20 minutes today and also the last 20 minutes at Parkhead which both resulted in losses from winning positions.

I think we should be grateful that the team managed to grind out results during the first half of the season otherwise we would be struggling to stay in the division.

When we played Rangers just after Christmas we had the joint best defence in Britain - where the hell did that defence go?

I'm always critical of teams for changing managers constantly, BUT if Hughes thinks he doesn't need to make many changes to the squad this summer then he should be clearing his desk now.

One Day Soon
01-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Have we really sunk so low that some folk believe that was a decent performance?

Hibs I am afraid are total crap and have gone massively backwards under Hughes.

As one of Mixu's biggest critics I am astonished that that's even possible but it is.

Hughes has had far more cash to play with and the quality of the league has declined severely in the last year and we are still absolutely no better off.

I am totally pissed off watching them run out of puff after 60 minutes.

They have lost even the basic ability to trap the ball and play a 5 yard return pass.

Hughes should get f*in well shot for:

1) His transfer window signings

2) His inability to pick a balanced bench

3) His total inability to make a sensible substitution

4) His complete lack of game awareness

5) His inability to get the best out of the players on the park for his constant whinging at them. You pick them you f*in muppet, let them get on with it instead of spending half the game arguing with them.

6) Their embarrasing lack of fight

7) His constantly pathetic and repetitive post match interviews.

Up to now I havent wanted yet another change in manager and know its not the right thing to do, but we have been an absolute joke since Christmas and Hughes seems powerless to address it.

His evening news interview tonight about no major changes to the squad in the summer has me absolute papping myself for next year.

I have never been as depressed about a Hibs side as I am about this one.

That takes some achievement for a 47 year old life long Hibs supporter.

The next step is apathy and thats where it gets really scary

Are you sure about that? I missed it. If that is correct then we are in very deep trouble. Though in saying that a decent manager should be getting a hell of a lot more out of this squad than is currently the case.

matty_f
01-05-2010, 09:30 PM

Agree with you both there. Thought we bottled it completely in the last part of the game, but up until the Yams actually equalised (which we gifted them), I could not see where a goal for them was coming from.

I think we've played quite well in the last three games but because we're on such a pish run the performances are getting dismissed.

Plenty room for improvement, still too many players not as good as we require at Hibs, and mistakes made from the manager.