PDA

View Full Version : Dougie MacDonald

Frazerbob
01-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Can we now put to bed this "Hibs fan" bollocks!

How did he not give the free kick for the elbow on Stokes and how did Obua not get booked for his celebration.

Don't gey me wrong, I'm not blaming him for the defeat, that's down to our clown of a manager.....AGAIN!

Danny_Hibee
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Can we now put to bed this "Hibs fan" bollocks!

How did he not give the free kick for the elbow on Stokes and how did Obua not get booked for his celebration.

Don't gey me wrong, I'm not blaming him for the defeat, that's down to our clown of a manager.....AGAIN!

Not really considering its true.

Whatever team he supports doesnt really matter I wouldnt expect it to have any bearing on the decisions he makes....that's purely down to his refereeing ability.

Frazerbob
01-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Not really considering its true.

Whatever team he supports doesnt really matter I wouldnt expect it to have any bearing on the decisions he makes....that's purely down to his refereeing ability.

He always seems to be shocking with us. It's as if he is over compensating, especially in Derbies.

skipster7
01-05-2010, 03:20 PM
i thought he was very good today, let some crunching tackles go and didn't fall for their antics:confused:

Frazerbob
01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
i thought he was very good today, let some crunching tackles go and didn't fall for their antics:confused:

Every time we had the ball near the half way line when breaking they fouled us. This was a blatant tactic to enable their pleyers to filter back and have greater numbers to defend. Yet, IIRC, the first Hearts player booked was mid-way through the 2nd half......for kicking the ball away.

He was shocking IMO.

Sas_The_Hibby
Thought he had a good game TBH

cockneymike
He always seems to be shocking with us. It's as if he is over compensating, especially in Derbies.

What nonsense - they actually made a point on the TV commentary of saying that today was only his 2nd derby! He also gave us the most soft penalty ever, so how you can say he is overcompensating I don't know.

All in all I thought he had a good game, and could easily have been bookin folk from about the 5th minute, but didn't and the game was better for it.

Danny_Hibee
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM

I might be way off here as I was at the total other end of the ground but I thought he was far from over compensating with the penalty decision today, looked very soft from where I was.

As for your other 2 points I think Obua should have definitely been booked but i'm not sure about the other incident you mentioned.

Frazerbob
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
What nonsense - they actually made a point on the TV commentary of saying that today was only his 2nd derby! He also gave us the most soft penalty ever, so how you can say he is overcompensating I don't know.

All in all I thought he had a good game, and could easily have been bookin folk from about the 5th minute, but didn't and the game was better for it.

Haven't seen the penalty on TV yet and thought it was soft from the other end of the ground however a Jambo mate, who did see it on TV, said it was a definate penalty.

cockneymike
01-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Haven't seen the penalty on TV yet and thought it was soft from the other end of the ground however a Jambo mate, who did see it on TV, said it was a definate penalty.

Well fair enough, but when you do, you'll see that if there was any contact, and I'd doubt it, then it was minimal at best.

PC Stamp
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Penalty 100% from the FF stand. Rankin had gone past the defender who then clipped his heels. Actually looked like Rankin tried to stay on his feet but couldn't. Referee was perfectly positioned and got it spot on. There was nothing the ref could do to prevent our defence from putting on their Ronald McDonald hats ... again.

New Corrie
01-05-2010, 03:52 PM

Well that shows you what he knows about football as it was never a pen, not that it matters a pheck now:grr:

Stokesy
01-05-2010, 04:04 PM
YouTube - Hibs & Hearts stokes Penalty 01/05/2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B38rLyZ5bUw)

JimBHibees
01-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Had a great view at the game and never a pen and the replay confirms it.

Del Boy
01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
was never a penalty, even with a hibs supporting ref we cant beat that crap!

Yogi :bye:

Frazerbob
01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
OK, I'm man enough to say that was never a penalty now I've seen the footage. Stand by the "clothes line" assault and Obua celebration comments though. :wink:

LHWM
01-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Penalty 100% from the FF stand. Rankin had gone past the defender who then clipped his heels. Actually looked like Rankin tried to stay on his feet but couldn't. Referee was perfectly positioned and got it spot on. There was nothing the ref could do to prevent our defence from putting on their Ronald McDonald hats ... again.

:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob12345
01-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I think he had a good game bar the penalty decision. Zaliukas block could have been called but worrying about celebration bookings is trivial, who cares let's worry about our team eh.

He let the game flow and kept cards in pockets. Hearts did employ fouling tactics but this is Scotland not Italy. If we can't deal with teams who get in our faces and commit niggly fouls, then we will continue to struggle.

Look at Rangers - pure mental toughness. Celtic - flair players. Only one winner in todays Scottish game.

BonnieFitbaTeam
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM

Do me a favour ! Zali-octopus got at least three free-kicks for precisely nothing after throwing himself to the ground. The one in the first half right in front of us in the West was the single most blatant dive I've seen since Lee Miller ******ed-off down South. Could not believe my eyes when the wee, baldy linesman signalled for a foul :grr:

Bostonhibby
01-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Thought he had a good game today, let a lot go on both sides as building up bookings either side might have ruined the game (result aside) I think he was too lax with Zaliukus for too long, but then again the 3 neutrals who were watching with me couldn't believe Murray stayed on the park until I explained his enthusiasm and passion for Hibs as well as the "robust" nature of his tackles....... I also brought them no more beer until they seen the error on their part.

We got a penalty that never was, so all in all it could have been worse, for example the refereeing performance last week which was designed to make sure the Huns gor the necessary.

PC Stamp
01-05-2010, 06:00 PM
:rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rotflmao:

Was that the one you meant. Great stats and yet you cannae even type a smiley properly.

Fud.

Kaiser1962
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
McDonald had a good game but the penalty was a howler tho'. Nowhere near as much of a howler as Hanlon/Smith who were better value than Morecambe and Wise, not if your a hibby though cos then they become a Shakespearian tragedy. Hanlon's got his best years ahead of him so lets not crucify him but I have no idea what we do to goalkeepers. As for the ref's I have a cunning plan. Why not get all the muppets who keep picking fault with them, Richard Gordon, Jim Traynor and the rest of the never has beens who comment on TV and radio, lets get them to referee the games in their place. That would end any errors in one fell swoop.