PDA

View Full Version : Turkey chilli

easty
01-05-2010, 02:27 PM
I made a chilli last night with turkey mince, made plenty cos I was going to eat half last night and half today. I left it to cool last night but forgot to put it in the fridge, so this morning it was just lying (covered though) in the kitchen.

Do I eat it or will it make me ill?

I say I should just eat it, the girlfriend says I shouldnt.

hibees53
01-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Will it make you feel more sick than you feel just now:bitchy:

DH1875
01-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Seriously mate I hope you haven't eaten it. That s**t could kill you.

Hibbyradge
01-05-2010, 07:13 PM
I'd heat it up and eat it.

What's the problem? :confused:

Pete
01-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I made a chilli last night with turkey mince, made plenty cos I was going to eat half last night and half today. I left it to cool last night but forgot to put it in the fridge, so this morning it was just lying (covered though) in the kitchen.

Do I eat it or will it make me ill?

I say I should just eat it, the girlfriend says I shouldnt.

You'll be fine.

It's only when it's left at room temprature for a long time or if drastic changes in temprature happen then you need worry.

You would have been worse off if you had made it, put it in the fridge while it was still warm and then ate it today.

Ally
02-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Eat it, no problem at all, as long as you cook it through properly.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Put a wee bit of water into it to loosen up the sauce. Heat it until the sauce starts to boil then let it simmer for another 5 minutes or so. Absolutely fine as long as you don't let it cool then heat it up a 3rd time.

easty
02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
You'll be fine.

It's only when it's left at room temprature for a long time or if drastic changes in temprature happen then you need worry.

You would have been worse off if you had made it, put it in the fridge while it was still warm and then ate it today.

It was at room temp, for about 12 hours.

But I ate it and I'm not dead. Was amaaaaazing on a couple of well done crispy skinned baked tatties, tasted nothing like bacteria...