PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Mind Up Time

Forza Fred
01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
The Board are not stupid and are well aware of our slump - which I reluctantly hasten to add, there appears no end to.

They must decide whether they possibly admit they made the wrong choice and end Yogi's short reign or allow him to offload some of the current squad and bring in new ones next season.

Question they undoubtedly are asking themselves though is...."What is the likelyhood that things WILL improve if we do opt to give Yogi the money to change the squad"?

I applauded when Yogi was appointed like most others, and still think that given time, he could do a good job.

However, its results that count, and everybody I'm afraid is growing a bit tired of what now seems to be his empty rhetoric.

The Board have a difficult decision to make over the next few weeks.

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
The Board are not stupid and are well aware of our slump - which I reluctantly hasten to add, there appears no end to.

They must decide whether they possibly admit they made the wrong choice and end Yogi's short reign or allow him to offload some of the current squad and bring in new ones next season.

Question they undoubtedly are asking themselves though is...."What is the likelyhood that things WILL improve if we do opt to give Yogi the money to change the squad"?

I applauded when Yogi was appointed like most others, and still think that given time, he could do a good job.

However, its results that count, and everybody I'm afraid is growing a bit tired of what now seems to be his empty rhetoric.

The Board have a difficult decision to make over the next few weeks.

Och at the end of the day, I am out this weekend with the other half and faced with the even more difficult decision of whether I am gonna plump for burrito or fajitas. Plus if I play my cards right I might get my nat king. If Yogi is there next season, I will still end up going..........if it is someone else I will be in the same seat, same drill. But it's a cheeky wee Mexican and her knicker elastic that are now going to take pride of place in my thoughts :faf: Always good to be........but it's always trying !

Cool_Hand_Luke
01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Och at the end of the day, I am out this weekend with the other half and faced with the even more difficult decision of whether I am gonna plump for burrito or fajitas. Plus if I play my cards right I might get my nat king. If Yogi is there next season, I will still end up going..........if it is someone else I will be in the same seat, same drill. But it's a cheeky wee Mexican and her knicker elastic that are now going to take pride of place in my thoughts :faf: Always good to be........but it's always trying !

I'd go for fajitas :agree:

hibees53
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
The nicker elastic will be harder to digest:greengrin

mcfly
01-05-2010, 02:46 PM
today summed up yogi's lack of tactics

GOW???? why??, complete waste of space.
murray shocker, miller waste of a jersey.

no pace, no creativity and i'm completely seek.

just read in the evening news that yogi doesnt think we need a major clearout......well I do Yogi.

2 wins out 16 is a disgrace and if hearts finish above us then yogi is on a shoogly peg

bobbyhibs1983
01-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Some very good points i feel,i feel the board will also look at season tickets, have they increased/decreased in volume?

If they have decreased by a large amount, i think that would make there decison about transfers.wage budget for enxt season.

i dont think season tickets would have decreased that much, 500-1500 i feel and i think the board will give him til december.

CapitalHibs
01-05-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't know what to think anymore:confused::dizzy::Ummm::ill::tumble:

Violater
01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Good points in the OP but i cant see them emptying Yogi. Todays game convinced me not to renew next season. Not just because we are really p.i.s.h but money is tight this year and it could be going to better use. For me i will be picking and chosing my games next season.

Dalkeith
01-05-2010, 02:57 PM
other managers both at hibs and elsewhere have been emptied for a lot less.

do you give him time and the money to improve or do you put a stop to it. thats a major decision the board will need to come up with when they add together all the factors including current season ticket sales.

i dont want to see him go but i cant see how he will turn this around, slow, soft and 2nd best at everything we do.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 03:03 PM
We bottled it the minute Hearts scored simple as, and after that showed again how little hunger we had to go and get a winner, and just let them come at us. And it feels like i've seems like i've seen this too many times over the last few months, i would still keep him but if we haven't improved since October/November then he should be out the door.

Dalkeith
01-05-2010, 03:05 PM
i would still keep him but if we haven't improved since October/November then he should be out the door.

and by then another season will be over and more fans will simply have given up

skipster7
01-05-2010, 03:05 PM
today summed up yogi's lack of tactics

GOW???? why??, complete waste of space.
murray shocker, miller waste of a jersey.

no pace, no creativity and i'm completely seek.

just read in the evening news that yogi doesnt think we need a major clearout......well I do Yogi.

2 wins out 16 is a disgrace and if hearts finish above us then yogi is on a shoogly peg
sorry but were you at the game ? miller and rankin dominated the midfield for most of the match,murray, while up against a tricky winger dug in and was far from shocking.i have doubts over yogi as well and agree about the lack of pace.stokes is the slowest/unfit looking striker ive seen and should have been of for benji before they scored.

RickyS
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
sorry but were you at the game ? miller and rankin dominated the midfield for most of the match,murray, while up against a tricky winger dug in and was far from shocking.i have doubts over yogi as well and agree about the lack of pace.stokes is the slowest/unfit looking striker ive seen and should have been of for benji before they scored.

I thought stokes put in a real shift today and with 20 goals is our biggest goal threat. the big huddy Nish should have been off for Benji, not stokes

skipster7
01-05-2010, 03:36 PM
I thought stokes put in a real shift today and with 20 goals is our biggest goal threat. the big huddy Nish should have been off for Benji, not stokes
nish goes without saying :cool2:but benji for stokes with extra midfielder for nish was the change imo.just saying stokes looks incapable of outpacing anyone but cant argue with his goals.

RickyS
01-05-2010, 03:39 PM
nish goes without saying :cool2:but benji for stokes with extra midfielder for nish was the change imo.just saying stokes looks incapable of outpacing anyone but cant argue with his goals.
:agree:

RickyS
01-05-2010, 03:49 PM
My mind is made up. Just home from the match.

It was always going to be difficult as soon as we went down to ten men.
Hogg's injury and Gow's lack of match fitness then effectively reduced us to 9 so the result is understandable.

I'm getting a season ticket for knockhill

how much is that, and is it more entertaining?

RickyS
01-05-2010, 04:27 PM
£125 gets an adult in to all events up to 5 th December including British Superbikes and British Touring car championships which are usually £25 each.
Usually something on every weekend. they have a www.

sold