PDA

View Full Version : This isn't the worst Hibs team in years..

Diclonius
01-05-2010, 02:13 PM
But it's still abysmal. Time for Yogi to get a ****ing reality check, or leave.

Hibernian Verse
01-05-2010, 02:14 PM
Player for player we've got the 4th best squad in the SPL I'd say, 3rd best strikeforce.

Yet we're pish.

RickyS
01-05-2010, 02:15 PM

is the worst Yam team tho!

steakbake
01-05-2010, 02:20 PM
We've now lost more times under Yogi than we did under Mixu (14 to 13).

We've also conceded more goals (49 to 46).

.... and we still have two matches left to play.

magnificent_seven
01-05-2010, 02:22 PM

Well it's the worst in 13 years according to statistics.

RickyS
01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
We've now lost more times under Yogi than we did under Mixu (14 to 13).

We've also conceded more goals (49 to 46).

.... and we still have two matches left to play.

I know its not a good idea changing managers every season, but if we allow that massive gap we had on the ***** slip, then I might as well cancel that payment plan. absolute ****ing gash

steakbake
01-05-2010, 02:27 PM
I know its not a good idea changing managers every season, but if we allow that massive gap we had on the ***** slip, then I might as well cancel that payment plan. absolute ****ing gash

On the bright side though, we're running out of ex-Hibbys who can be installed as a manager. :thumbsup:

RickyS
01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
On the bright side though, we're running out of ex-Hibbys who can be installed as a manager. :thumbsup:

thank god for small mercies eh!:greengrin

sesoim
01-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Unfortunately you have to keep on appointing new managers every season if the board keep on appointing the wrong one.

sesoim
01-05-2010, 02:54 PM
thank god for small mercies eh!:greengrin

Yip, neither of our most successsful managers in the last 30 years (Mowbray and McLeish) played for Hibs. I think it can be important who a manager played for (eg if its someone strongly associated with the Old Firm or Hearts) but there are plenty of other options out there.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Thought we actually fought quite hard today, but crumbled the minute Hearts equalised, now Yogi needs to try and cut that out or go.:grr:

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Yip, neither of our most successsful managers in the last 30 years (Mowbray and McLeish) played for Hibs. I think it can be important who a manager played for (eg if its someone strongly associated with the Old Firm or Hearts) but there are plenty of other options out there.

If we're going to change the general culture in the club for the better, I think we need to forget all this nonsense about 'playing the Hibs way': because in over 50% of games that means having no strength - physical or mental, especially when things go against us. I don't know why this should always be the case but I've seen it most of the time over 47 years of watching Hibs.

Instead of being seduced by a new manager who says "I know all about Hibs proud history of wanting to play attractive football and that is what I want too", we need a manager who says "I don't give a t**s about Hibs proud history, I'm interested in winning things" - only more diplomatically perhaps! :greengrin

Violater
01-05-2010, 03:07 PM
If we're going to change the general culture in the club for the better, I think we need to forget all this nonsense about 'playing the Hibs way': because in over 50% of games that means having no strength - physical or mental, especially when things go against us. I don't know why this should always be the case but I've seen it most of the time over 47 years of watching Hibs.

Instead of being seduced by a new manager who says "I know all about Hibs proud history of wanting to play attractive football and that is what I want too", we need a manager who says "I don't give a t**s about Hibs proud history, I'm interested in winning things" - only more diplomatically perhaps! :greengrin

:top marks

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 03:13 PM

Add Alex Miller? :duck:

Saorsa
01-05-2010, 11:16 PM
But it's still abysmal. Time for Yogi to get a ****ing reality check, or leave.This is far from the worst team ever, shame about the manager.

Pete
01-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Thought we actually fought quite hard today, but crumbled the minute Hearts equalised, now Yogi needs to try and cut that out or go.:grr:

Agree.

...and I'm sure Yogi does as well.

eastmainsmsh
02-05-2010, 10:15 AM
...........................................ollie./gunn.............................................. ............

shannon/miller.................dennis./yogi................dods.......................... .boco

tosh./bannerman...... .larusson/mcginlay.......grant/.skinner. .elliiot/.rougier

.......................walker/.crawford.........donald/.lavety..........................................

will exclude kevin harper as he was cracking player

this lot was gash the duff jim era loads more were used year we went down

TheMentalHibees
02-05-2010, 10:20 AM
...........................................ollie./gunn.............................................. ............

shannon/miller.................dennis./yogi................dods.......................... .boco

tosh./bannerman...... .larusson/mcginlay.......grant/.skinner. .elliiot/.rougier

.......................walker/.crawford.........donald/.lavety..........................................

How gash was that team to watch?

johnrebus
02-05-2010, 10:21 AM

Bryan Gunn doesn't deserve to be in there, he was a good keeper, who didn't make any gaffs that I can recall.

:cool2:

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 10:23 AM
This is not the worst team yet but it gets worse :bitchy:

skipster7
02-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Bryan Gunn doesn't deserve to be in there, he was a good keeper, who didn't make any gaffs that I can recall.

:cool2::shocked::shocked::shocked:apart from fumble 2 ollafson headers into the net on relegation day after getting in a winning position.:confused:

sahib
02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Player for player we've got the 4th best squad in the SPL I'd say, 3rd best strikeforce.

Yet we're pish.

That is just just based on personal opinion. I remember a lot of people thought we had too good a squad to be relegated back in 1979 ( me included) until it happened.

steakbake
04-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately you have to keep on appointing new managers every season if the board keep on appointing the wrong one.

That's the main point right there.

As much as there has been a run of failing managers at the club, they have been selected by the board.

I think many of the answers to the difficult question shouldn't come from the manager or the players, but much higher up.

Speedway
04-05-2010, 12:16 PM

We couldn't afford McLeish's side and won nothing with Mowbray's

Add Alex Miller? :duck:

I wouldn't have Millerball back for anything. It was the worst of times.

HibbyAndy
04-05-2010, 12:23 PM

Theres no danger Mginlay should be anywhere near a shight hibs team, Regualr goalscorer from midfield, You dont get many them players anymore.

CalgaryHibs
04-05-2010, 12:50 PM

======
What we have now for players will never improve due to there's no money it probally will get worse over the next few years.