PDA

View Full Version : pace again

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:00 PM
I posted last week saying we have possibly the slowest team in the SPL and nothing today has made me think any different. A couple of fast decent stikers and wingers and that hearts defnce would have been ripped to bits today as they are pretty poor. Maybe Yogi doesnt want quick movement in his side but we defo need it

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 02:12 PM
I posted last week saying we have possibly the slowest team in the SPL and nothing today has made me think any different. A couple of fast decent stikers and wingers and that hearts defnce would have been ripped to bits today as they are pretty poor. Maybe Yogi doesnt want quick movement in his side but we defo need it

You cannot have pace when you have Riordan, Nish and Stokes as your preferred front three. None are blessed with it in abundance. There is also no pace in the midfield, although I think they played well as a unit for the most part today. No one is willing to burst forward at pace. When you play a 4-3-3, or whatever Hughes wants to paint it as, you need at least one genuinely wide player who can switch flanks. Hibs don't have that at all in the squad. Hughes played in the same Celtic side as Cadette, Van Hoiijdonk and Thom........a very very very much more talented 3 then ours. Same kind of format though. Murdo MacLeod has been saying it all season as has Pat Nevin. Hibs players need a touch before moving the ball on. There is no pace, no one touch stuff, no thoughtful/meaningful passing. It is laboured, considered, slow and ponderous. Much like Yogi :agree:

RIP
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM

Says it all for me