PDA

View Full Version : Nish (Again) Merged Threads

Pages : [1] 2

essexhibee
01-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Yet more masterclass ground hugging from Colin "Pish" Nish! Woooooooo yaaayyy. What a player we have in the big man. His attributes include :

1) Being unable to score
2) Being unable to stay on his feet
3) Being unable to header a ball
4) Being unable to pass the ball
5) Being unable to hold up the ball
6) Being unable to win an ariel challenge ( Which is understandable of course being 6"4)
7) Being unable to shoot
8) Being unable to play football.

Im really looking forward to people on here defending that big useless numpty after another one of his wonder performances. I feel sorry for benji to be honest, to be kept out of this awful hibs team by this awful (sorry great target man) must be a very sore one to take. Still going to defend him people :bye::bye::bye:

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Dobbies Garden Centre could sign him on a free seeing as he likes to hug grass so much.

essexhibee
01-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Dobbies Garden Centre could sign him on a free seeing as he likes to hug grass so much.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brando7
01-05-2010, 02:05 PM
piss poor yet again :grr:

Wot does yogi see in him :confused:

Diclonius
01-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Nish has to go. Now. Never a ****ing striker in a million years. Can't pass, win the ball or shoot. He's been consistantly ***** for a good while and his time is up. Season over, Hibs career over. Along with the defence he lost us the game today with his blatant refusal to resemble anything close to good. I lost count of the times he lost control of the ball, ****ed up a pass or completely miss hit a shot. He's been costing up points in games before now and today he was the ringleader in the most ****ing cowardly forward line I have seen in a derby for years. *****.

houston1875
01-05-2010, 02:08 PM
[QUOTE=essexhibee;2446001]Yet more masterclass ground hugging from Colin "Pish" Nish! Woooooooo yaaayyy. What a player we have in the big man. His attributes include :

1) Being unable to score
6) Being unable to win an ariel challenge ( Which is understandable of course being 6"4)
7) Being unable to shoot

Im really looking forward to people on here defending that big useless numpty after another one of his wonder performances. I feel sorry for benji to be honest, to be kept out of this awful hibs team by this awful (sorry great target man) must be a very sore one to take. Still going to defend him people :bye::bye::bye:[/QUOTE

where u at the game,eh? at least Nish tried!! unlike Stokes,who thinks the season is over already!!!

u wanna blame sbody point the finger at yogi,who aint got a clue bout tactics!!!!!

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:09 PM
been saying on here for ages he is a piss poor striker and lots of people have came on and defended him. He showed again today that he should be no where near a place in the squad let alone actually playing for one of the so called top teams in the league. Has no pace, cant head, cant pass, cant tackle cant shoot. What he the hell was he doing with the free kick when he ducked out of the way? But he is a hibs fan so lets get behind him!!!

Broken Gnome
01-05-2010, 02:10 PM
The thought of him still being a first choice by August is almost enough for me to take a pair of scissors to my season ticket card.

Time to look for better. Wouldn't be hard.

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=essexhibee;2446001]Yet more masterclass ground hugging from Colin "Pish" Nish! Woooooooo yaaayyy. What a player we have in the big man. His attributes include :

1) Being unable to score
7) Being unable to shoot

Im really looking forward to people on here defending that big useless numpty after another one of his wonder performances. I feel sorry for benji to be honest, to be kept out of this awful hibs team by this awful (sorry great target man) must be a very sore one to take. Still going to defend him people :bye::bye::bye:[/QUOTE

where u at the game,eh? at least Nish tried!! unlike Stokes,who thinks the season is over already!!!

u wanna blame sbody point the finger at yogi,who aint got a clue bout tactics!!!!!

Stokes chased the ball a hell of a lot more than Nish. I still dont understand why people come on and defend him. He has to be one of the worst strikers ive seen at ER in a very long time

CiscoKid
01-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think Nish is good enough but I think our problems are a lot deeper than that, I don't think our midfield gave him any balls of quality and I don't think anyone got close enough to link up with Nish and support him.

Nish is an easy target but he was only 1 out of 9 or 10 reasons we lost today.

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't think Nish is good enough but I think our problems are a lot deeper than that, I don't think our midfield gave him any balls of quality and I don't think anyone got close enough to link up with Nish and support him.

Nish is an easy target but he was only 1 out of 9 or 10 reasons we lost today.

he had plenty of the ball today, he just didnt do anything with it, and as i previously posted what the hell was he doing ducking out the way of the ball coming in from the free kick. Ball was up there for ages waiting to be attacked and he s!!t himself

houston1875
01-05-2010, 02:17 PM
been saying on here for ages he is a piss poor striker and lots of people have came on and defended him. He showed again today that he should be no where near a place in the squad let alone actually playing for one of the so called top teams in the league. Has no pace, cant head, cant pass, cant tackle cant shoot. What he the hell was he doing with the free kick when he ducked out of the way? But he is a hibs fan so lets get behind him!!!

so against a big solid back four of hearts,you'd be happy with two wee tiny powder puff forwards??

Broken Gnome
01-05-2010, 02:19 PM
so against a big solid back four of hearts,you'd be happy with two wee tiny powder puff forwards??

Er, what did our big, huge, physical centre forward do against them?

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:19 PM

please tell me what nish done that two smaller strikers couldnt have done?

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Nah.....we played a 6'3" powder puff one instead mate. No one, absolutely no one, can defend Colin Nish's form in the last half of the season. He ducked out of a cross ball FFS in an attacking position. His hold up play was simply terrible and he was on the deck more than a croupier.

houston1875
01-05-2010, 02:25 PM
ok then boys...

what do you all suggest?

Hibby70
01-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Rankin won more headers against Obua today than Nish won against anyone. Says it all really.

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Thought he had a great first half. Maybe it looks different at the game?

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:27 PM
ok then boys...

what do you all suggest?

that we get shot of nish and get a better player in, its not exactly rocket science

houston1875
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
that we get shot of nish and get a better player in, its not exactly rocket science

is that it??

tell you what...

:faf::faf:

SalfordHibs
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM
where u at the game,eh? at least Nish tried!! :bitchy: unlike Stokes,who thinks the season is over already!!!

u wanna blame sbody point the finger at yogi,who aint got a clue bout tactics!!!!![/QUOTE]

Houston you have to be joking, Stokes has more in one foot than the whole of Nish, Tried where? he was his usual blowing out of his arse, falling to the ground even though it wasn't a foul, useless first touch which leaded to the ball going out of play or to a Yam

21 goals Stokes and Nish has....:bye:

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:32 PM
is that it??

tell you what...

well no but as the thread is about nish i thought you would like an answer. its clear what we need at the club and its clear who needs to go and Nish would be at the top of the list

houston1875
01-05-2010, 02:33 PM
where u at the game,eh? at least Nish tried!! :bitchy: unlike Stokes,who thinks the season is over already!!!

Houston you have to be joking, Stokes has more in one foot than the whole of Nish, Tried where? he was his usual blowing out of his arse, falling to the ground even though it wasn't a foul, useless first touch which leaded to the ball going out of play or to a Yam

21 goals Stokes and Nish has....:bye:[/QUOTE]

aint missed a home game all season

:faf::faf::faf:

tool

Thecat23
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
is that it??

tell you what...

Anyone can see Colin Nish is torture. He can't run, can't shoot, he can't header, he can't control the ball. Now i'd have stuck a lampost on the 18 yarder and i bet it would do more than he did.

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM

tool[/QUOTE]

i think we know who the tool is

Judas Iscariot
01-05-2010, 02:37 PM
ok then boys...

what do you all suggest?

Kevin Kyle, Antoine Curier, John Sutton, Billy Mehmet, even Kenny ****in Deucher or David Obua look better than Nish..

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Nish was ****ing murder again. end of.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm not a big fan of Nish but thought he had one of his better games today, at least in the first half. However, overall he's lacking too many basic skills and footballing intelligence to be of much use to us, IMHO.

SalfordHibs
01-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm not a big fan of Nish but thought he had one of his better games today, at least in the first half. However, overall he's lacking too many basic skills and footballing intelligence to be of much use to us, IMHO.

:fibber:

Never a football player.

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm not a big fan of Nish but thought he had one of his better games today, at least in the first half

Eh!? :bitchy: he was ****ing horrid in the first half. Every touch either went to a hearts player or out for a throw. He was so bad myself and the folk around me just reverted to laughing at him. NEVER a footballer.

SalfordHibs
Kevin Kyle, Antoine Curier, John Sutton, Billy Mehmet, even Kenny ****in Deucher or David Obua look better than Nish..

Cillian Sherridan you can add to that list or a fit Chris Killen.

Sas_The_Hibby
:fibber:

Never a football player.

Never said he was! :confused:

Dan Sarf
01-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Eh!? :bitchy: he was ****ing horrid in the first half. Every touch either went to a hearts player or out for a throw. He was so bad myself and the folk around me just reverted to laughing at him. NEVER a footballer.

That must have helped.

SalfordHibs
01-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Never said he was! :confused:

He never played well today either mate at anytime in the game.

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
That must have helped.

couldnt give a flying. He's had plenty opportunities and he royally ****s up time and time again :bye:

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
couldnt give a flying. He's had plenty opportunities and he royally ****s up time and time again :bye:

Thing is though surely hughes can see the same as every other person in the stadium. For the last few weeks he has been stuck in the stand so has had a better view than he normally would yet he still sticks by Nish( and the rest who have been gash) its clear Nish isnt the best and if hughes wants to play the long ball then he needs a stronger and better player than nish

Cool_Hand_Luke
01-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Took my mate along today as we had a spare season ticket. He doesn't support Hibs so is a neutral and has no bias towards Nish either way.
His thoughts after about 10 minutes - which continued for the rest of the game - were that he is one of the worst football players he has ever seen in his life. His second touch is a header and he offers absolutely nothing to the team.
Mirrors my own opinion of him :agree:
What must Benji/Byrne/Galbraith be thinking when they see this guy getting 90 minutes regularly and they're stuck on the bench/in the stands.
Worse than Konte :agree:

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 02:59 PM

agreed. Colin Murdoch would be more use upfront than Nish.

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Took my mate along today as we had a spare season ticket. He doesn't support Hibs so is a neutral and has no bias towards Nish either way.
His thoughts after about 10 minutes - which continued for the rest of the game - were that he is one of the worst football players he has ever seen in his life. His second touch is a header and he offers absolutely nothing to the team.
Mirrors my own opinion of him :agree:
What must Benji/Byrne/Galbraith be thinking when they see this guy getting 90 minutes regularly and they're stuck on the bench/in the stands.

David Obua.....sadly, as much as he was laughed at when he arrived in the SPL, made a huge contribution to their wins this season. Nish did zero. A few times Obua managed to bring difficult balls under control and play nice simple balls to his wide player or overlapping full back. Nish just lost balls, failed to stay on his feet, and continually lost possession and lost momentum in attacks. Sad sad sad days when a Hibs team would look better with David Obua, but so true. Thought him and that young Templeton played very well, but with more leadership and more composure, neither of their goals would have happened. But Captain Kamikaze and his trusty band of fellow defenders gave them the result. Fair play to them though, I think with the green tinted specs off, they deserved it as they again wanted it more. Until our club start being honest with the fans, and the players start to be honest with themselves, it will always be the way. Huge huge problems behind the scenes methinks and far far too lenient on the discipline front. As someone pointed out, Hughes is far to friendly with the players and doesn't command respect. Eddie May said exactly the same at Falkirk......the players laughed at him behind his back.

Aspire
01-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Nish not good enough to move the club forward. Mid table player

Dunbar Hibee
01-05-2010, 03:09 PM

Behave ursel!

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Played a great ball to Riordan first half from edge of box which gk got fingertips to.

cockneymike
01-05-2010, 03:12 PM
I watched the game on tv, so I realise it's not the best perspective....

However I can see why someone would think that Nish did well in the first half, both Riordan and Rankin's shots that were saved, both came from excellent lay offs from Nish. And they were about our best/ only two attacking chances.

That said, the reason they were about our only two attacking chances were because his link up play is so totally abysmal! He is so crucial to the way we try to play the game, and the fact is technically he's not up to it.

His touch is awful, he is so slow, his passing is terrible and his balance is like that of a toddler learning to walk. As a result when the ball gets up to him, he either gets successfully challenged by defenders, or when he does get it down he doesn't have the ability to do anything with it.

It's no wonder supporters from other clubs he used to play for all think that he was rubbish too.

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Played a great ball to Riordan first half from edge of box which gk got fingertips to.

was that the simple one two when riordan was only about 4 yards away from him. That shows how bad we are getting if we think that pass was GREAT

Cool_Hand_Luke
01-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Behave ursel!

My opinion mate...thats how bad i think Nish is :agree:

skipster7
01-05-2010, 03:16 PM
David Obua.....sadly, as much as he was laughed at when he arrived in the SPL, made a huge contribution to their wins this season. Nish did zero. A few times Obua managed to bring difficult balls under control and play nice simple balls to his wide player or overlapping full back. Nish just lost balls, failed to stay on his feet, and continually lost possession and lost momentum in attacks. Sad sad sad days when a Hibs team would look better with David Obua, but so true. Thought him and that young Templeton played very well, but with more leadership and more composure, neither of their goals would have happened. But Captain Kamikaze and his trusty band of fellow defenders gave them the result. Fair play to them though, I think with the green tinted specs off, they deserved it as they again wanted it more. Until our club start being honest with the fans, and the players start to be honest with themselves, it will always be the way. Huge huge problems behind the scenes methinks and far far too lenient on the discipline front. As someone pointed out, Hughes is far to friendly with the players and doesn't command respect. Eddie May said exactly the same at Falkirk......the players laughed at him behind his back.
im bewildered that anybody who was at that game can say hearts deserved to win.i watched hibs be first to every loose ball and tackle for the majority of the game only to lose 2 poor goals from defensive mistakes:confused:

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
im bewildered that anybody who was at that game can say hearts deserved to win.i watched hibs be first to every loose ball and tackle for the majority of the game only to lose 2 poor goals from defensive mistakes:confused:

yip i wasnt that impressed by hearts today but then again i wasnt that impressed by hibs either, i didnt think we done enough to deserve a victory but didn think hearts done enough to win. Daft defending/goalkeeping again has cost us

hibeez1875
01-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Nish is not good enough for Hibs ... simples

Hibby Bairn
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
was that the simple one two when riordan was only about 4 yards away from him. That shows how bad we are getting if we think that pass was GREAT

No it was a 'deft' touch that Riordan probably should have scored from.

TBH I think we are all going overboard here. Hibs did ok today. But tired and lost it last 15 with some dodgy goalkeeping.

Same as Parkhead recently. Hughes should have made it 442 or 451 on both occasions and it might have been 6 pts.

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
No it was a 'deft' touch that Riordan probably should have scored from.

TBH I think we are all going overboard here. Hibs did ok today. But tired and lost it last 15 with some dodgy goalkeeping.

Same as Parkhead recently. Hughes should have made it 442 or 451 on both occasions and it might have been 6 pts.

deft touch? it was a simple one two that players up and down the country do week in week out. Opinions will obviously vary but i didnt think we were that good today and i thought nish was one of the worst players on the park

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM

Aye, mid-table second division player.

Sas_The_Hibby
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM

Are you Yogi in disguise? :wink:

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 03:30 PM

First half, young Templeton brought a good save, Kingston hit the post, Obua was inches away from another Templeton cross, and their corners brought a wee element of panic. Second half, they scored two, defended well (not hard against Nish and Stokes), battled all the way to the 90, and forced errors. What really did Hibs do second half ? Hence my reason for saying that over the piece, Hearts winning was IMHO deserved.

Dunbar Hibee
01-05-2010, 03:38 PM
My opinion mate...thats how bad i think Nish is :agree:

I agree he's bad but.. Konte's level? :faf:

MountcastleHibs
01-05-2010, 03:47 PM
The highlight of Nish's performance today was a ball placed right on his head by Rankin and he chooses to duck out of the way, letting the ball go out for a goal kick.

He might be 6 foot 4, but he jumps at a height of 5 foot 11.

seanraff07
01-05-2010, 03:48 PM
The highlight of Nish's performance today was a ball placed right on his head by Rankin and he chooses to duck out of the way, letting the ball go out for a goal kick.

He might be 6 foot 4, but he jumps at a height of 5 foot 11.

He can't even time his jump to head it either.:yawn:

Keith_M
01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Nish and Wotherspoon were never in the game today. We could all see that, how come Yogi didn't? How he hasn't at least given Benji a chance, instead of Nish, is beyond me.

Cool_Hand_Luke
01-05-2010, 03:52 PM

Yip. You think Nish offers more to the team than what Konte did :confused:

Broken Gnome
01-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Nish and Wotherspoon were never in the game today. We could all see that, how come Yogi didn't? How he hasn't at least given Benji a chance, instead of Nish, is beyond me.

That's the biggest p!sstake for me. Nish was contributing nothing, either during the periods when looking for a winner or equaliser (see that time he had time to pick out one of three advanced Hibs players but passed it straight to a Hearts centre half). Meanwhile Benji (not everyone's cup of tea, but had a grade of footballing intelligence) stands beside the goals warming up, looking at the utter stupidity that is spread all through that Hibs side, and is completely ignored.

Yes the Benji and Galbraith bandwagon's might be hyperbolic, but far too often Hughes has let players plod onwards when the prospect of them influencing the game in a positive manner went some time before. Pathetic that Nish stayed on.

Dunbar Hibee
01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Yip. You think Nish offers more to the team than what Konte did :confused:

In 1 word... yes.

sesoim
01-05-2010, 05:21 PM
agreed. Colin Murdoch would be more use upfront than Nish.

:agree: At least he could header a ball.

Hibbyradge
01-05-2010, 05:30 PM

I thought Nishy did well today.

Yes, he's limited, but his contribution today was important.

He and Rankin were the best in a Hibs shirt for me.

Sometimes we see what we want to see.

hibee_girl
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Yet again Nish is the scapegoat for our defeat :bitchy:

Every time Nish was going for the ball or on the ball today he had about 3 Hearts players around him and NO Hibs players around him to help him out, what the hell is he meant to do?! He was also getting dogs abuse when he failed to control a ball that Miller played to him about 100 miles an hour yet 2 seconds later when Deek failed to control a simple pass everyone was all 'oh hard luck Deek'

He had some superb layoffs today, one particular one to Rankin leading up to Rankin's shot which was well saved. Everyone ignores that though :rolleyes:

I personally would keep Nish :agree:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Yet again Nish is the scapegoat for our defeat :bitchy:

Every time Nish was going for the ball or on the ball today he had about 3 Hearts players around him and NO Hibs players around him to help him out, what the hell is he meant to do?! He was also getting dogs abuse when he failed to control a ball that Miller played to him about 100 miles an hour yet 2 seconds later when Deek failed to control a simple pass everyone was all 'oh hard luck Deek'

He had some superb layoffs today, one particular one to Rankin leading up to Rankin's shot which was well saved. Everyone ignores that though :rolleyes:

I personally would keep Nish :agree:

You can dress this up with what ever excuse you think about him being a "scapegoat" bit he was rotten and has been all season. I thought, before this season he was all right, but now he is a joke and should never been seen in a hibs shirt again. What did he do that "he had about 3 hearts palers around him" (which I did not see this) was worth while ?

greenlex
01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Another player being played out of position. Nish cant play that role .Yogi change the record please.

Kaiser1962
01-05-2010, 06:47 PM
is that it??

tell you what...

Is Drogba out of contract..?

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 06:54 PM
I bet you any money that when that free kick we had was fired in and Nish ducked, Lee Wallace said something like "dinnae head it the baw's goat sh*te oan it". Surely that is the reason a professional football player, playing as a striker, has for ducking a cross in the opposition's box :confused: Nish is like Hogg, never a footballer in a million years and a scapegoat he is because today sir, he was pash. One lay-off does not maketh the man :faf:

Baldy Foghorn
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM

you obviously ignored his subtle ball for the Riordan first halkf chance then.....

Some people constantly bemoan Colin Nish, but at times he had 3 players round him, and fought valiantly.......

Still the usual favourites remain uncritised..........

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
:confused:
Another player being played out of position. Nish cant play that role .Yogi change the record please.

What position is Nish's best position then ?

greenlex
01-05-2010, 07:14 PM
:confused:

What position is Nish's best position then ?
He was brought in as a goalsacoring striker. Up front as a target man I reckon although his inability to hold the ball up wihtout falling on his erse would maybe make that difficult. It certainly isnt where he is playing at the moment where very little sticks to him and he aint gonna score goals there.

truehibernian
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
you obviously ignored his subtle ball for the Riordan first halkf chance then.....

Some people constantly bemoan Colin Nish, but at times he had 3 players round him, and fought valiantly.......

Still the usual favourites remain uncritised..........

No....Riordan was utter gash as well........and Stokes, Hogg, Wotherspoon, Hanlon and Smith. Colin Nish has been off form for over 10 games yet is still picked ahead of others who are IMHO better players, younger, hungrier, and technically better. This "physical presence" stuff is pie in the sky. He spends most of a game on his erchie, losing the ball, or moaning when he doesn't get a decision. Get young Kurtis in, up front with either Stokes or Riordan, and play a balanced 4-4-2 (dropping one of the two latter named). And if McCann is worth the bench, then he is fit as far as I am concerned. Get him in at RB and move Thicot in with Hanlon. Drop Hogg......simples !

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 07:26 PM
The thing I cannot understand is that if ANYONE give Nish abuse then we have to discuss everyone else in the team. We all know Riordan, Stokes, Rankin, Smith etc all had bad games but Nish also had a bad game and done nothing. Nish always does nothing (well at least his season) so lets have a fair discussion on him and not Nish is just as bad as whoever else. We can have thread on whoever else you want.

greenlex
01-05-2010, 07:29 PM
The thing I cannot understand is that if ANYONE give Nish abuse then we have to discuss everyone else in the team. We all know Riordan, Stokes, Rankin, Smith etc all had bad games but Nish also had a bad game and done nothing. Nish always does nothing (well at least his season) so lets have a fair discussion on him and not Nish is just as bad as whoever else. We can have thread on whoever else you want.
Is that just a bad habit typing his name or do you seriously believe that? :confused:
Agree with the sentiment of your post however.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Is that just a bad habit typing his name or do you seriously believe that? :confused:
Agree with the sentiment of your post however.

Just bad spelling (or even drunk spelling !) :agree:

greenlex
01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Just bad spelling (or even drunk spelling !) :agree: :greengrin

DH1875
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM

The way he has been playing since Christmas he aint even that. Hate to jump on the band wagon but he really, really has been poor of late. Just think back to the sitters he has missed in the last 4/5 games. If he aint scoring goals and he can't hold the ball up then he aint doing his job.
Still I'd rather have him than Sheridan.

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 09:01 PM

tool[/QUOTE]

are you for real?

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 09:15 PM

aye ok then he had one "subtle ball".

What about the umpteen times he lost possession, lost a header, miscontrolled the ball or just fell on his arse? He's pish.

Im sure I could do one decent thing in a 90 min game of football...Does that mean I can get a game for Hibs?

BWhiteman1972
01-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Nish has been poor for well over a year, I would much rather have seen Benji get the game time that Nish has, even for the last 5 months.

I'm not saying Benji is fantastic, but he couldn't possibly have been any worse than Nish.

It appears Yogi has some kind of affection for him, and he's not the only one. I acknowledge Stokes has bagged 20 plus goals this season but he is a lazy *******, with no pace, poor reaction times and terrible decision making.

I know there are major issues with Riordan, but I would rather see him playing through the middle or even better just behind a front two with a free role. Anytime he plays through the middle he gets involved in the game. It's clear he hates playing wide left and although he should be giving 110% everytime he pulls on the shirt, I can understand his frustration.

K.Marx
01-05-2010, 09:31 PM
It appears Yogi has some kind of affection for him

Maybe because they have an equally low IQ? :dunno:

Hibbie_Cameron
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I feel for him. I know he his not the best player in the SPL but when you try to win/play flick ons to players who dont move its pretty hard. Maybe some of them would work if players made runs and got closer to him

BWhiteman1972
01-05-2010, 10:36 PM

When it comes to footballing matters you're 200% right!!

IWasThere2016
01-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Nish isnae good enough but why is he constantly played? Another of Yogi's many blindspots!

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 07:24 AM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/801306/Nish-stands-against-criticism-of-Hibs-manager-John-Hughes.html (http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/801306/Nish-stands-against-criticism-of-Hibs-manager-John-Hughes.html)

:bitchy:

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 07:27 AM
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/801306/Nish-stands-against-criticism-of-Hibs-manager-John-Hughes.html (http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/801306/Nish-stands-against-criticism-of-Hibs-manager-John-Hughes.html)

Just shows how much pish comes out of footballers mouths
"The rest of them just go to moan at people. So it doesn't surprise me. If we were winning games they'd get bored that we were winning.

Yip we would get very bored seeing you win every week colin - what a fud

PaulSmith
02-05-2010, 07:29 AM

I think a lot of what Nish says is spot on.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 07:33 AM

so if we all agree with him does that mean we are all wrong because only 5% of fans know what they are talking about and they dont say anything. the guy is a **** footballer who is very very lucky to be playing top division football. He should maybe stick to trying to play football than having a go at the fans who pay money to watch and quite rightly moan if we are getting horsed every week

marinello59
02-05-2010, 07:43 AM

He is entitled to his opinion. I would rather have honesty from a player than the usual bland party line we get, whether it's what we want to hear or not.

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 07:45 AM
"The rest of them just go to moan at people. So it doesn't surprise me. If we were winning games they'd get bored that we were winning.

Yip we would get very bored seeing you win every week colin - what a fud

Aye the fans were obviously bored of seeing us winning when we had 15k+ at home games under Mowbray and took 4-5k fans to Fir Park and Tannadice.

Really wish Hughes would just GTF and take his bum-boy Nish with him :grr:

Ray_
02-05-2010, 08:10 AM

That's bit rich from a player yet to learn the off side rule, perfect the art of staying on his feet & who gets sent off for incredibly stupid reasons.

Hainan Hibs
02-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Well Nish, I think the majority of us do know what we are talking about when we say you are ****ing ***** son.

Jim44
02-05-2010, 08:40 AM
Nish is a loser, came from a team of losers and is managed by a loser. End of, as someone used to say.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Does picking on Nish not get boring for you lot??? You cant just single him out for yesterday or previous games as its the whole team that are jobby not just Nish, leave off him :grr:

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Does picking on Nish not get boring for you lot??? You cant just single him out for yesterday or previous games as its the whole team that are jobby not just Nish, leave off him :grr:

I take it you are one of the "5%" then? :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 09:04 AM
I take it you are one of the "5%" then? :rolleyes:

You must be a sheep then going with the other 95% :yawn: Heard aw this pish before about Nish and its the same everytime. Scapegoat as per

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 09:05 AM
You must be a sheep then going with the other 95% :yawn: Heard aw this pish before about Nish and its the same everytime. Scapegoat as per

I'm not a sheep, I have eyes and I can see for myself how ***** Nish is.:bye:

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM

well not really as Hogg has been getting it tight on here for about the last year as had maka. Calm down colin im sure you will make a decent footballer one day

Sprouleflyer
02-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Not read the whole thread but my tuppence worth is that Nish has to go when the season is over.

Others who need to leave are - Cregg, Maka, Smith or Stack, Stevenson, Hogg, McCormack, Gow.

Others who will probably leave that I would want to stay - Bamba, Benji.

Positions we need filled - A seasoned right back, a seasoned center half, a sesoned holding midfielder, a seasoned target man.

Get the back bone of the team right and build around that.

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Nice to see Colin stringing a few consecutive sentences together. Well done big man:top marks

BEEJ
02-05-2010, 10:30 AM

I feel sure that this interview with Nish would have been conducted prior to the derby yesterday; the journalist has simply cut and pasted the responses to gloss over that fact. That way he makes Nish's comments even more controversial to the Hibs support the morning after a derby defeat.

However, even with that Nish's comments just reek of complacency. That's the worst element of it - much less bothered about Nish having a go at the supporters.

It portrays a losing mentality and an acceptance of mediocrity with a shrug.

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice to see Colin stringing a few consecutive sentences together. Well done big man:top marks

:faf: :faf: :faf:

Post of the day bollah.......spat out my bacon roll after reading that. Well done that man. At least we can laugh about things.

lyonhibs
02-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Kevin Kyle, Antoine Curier, John Sutton, Billy Mehmet, even Kenny ****in Deucher, David Obua, Timmy Mallett, Kermit the Frog, Daffy Duck etc etc look better than Nish..

Just a wee addition there :greengrin

Nish is absolutely dreadful - he had one nice - probably accidental - touch to set up Riordan in the first half, but apart from that he looked puggled, hands on hips, and his TOUCH!!! OH MY GOD, his touch!!! What is that man's body made of that makes the ball bounce of it like that??

Every part of his body seems to operate of a completely seperate level of co-ordination and time schedule - nothing is ever co-ordinated in his movements - apart from his mastery of the "slow-mo fall to the ground" - and you can almost see this "Loading" bar above his head whilst his pea-brain thinks about what to do next with the ball, by which time - of course - the opposition has snaffled the ball away from him, if his touch of a rapist hadn't already given them the ball back.

Rotten.

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 10:39 AM
you can almost see this "Loading" bar above his head whilst his pea-brain thinks about what to do next with the ball

:faf: so true!

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 10:43 AM
aye ok then he had one "subtle ball".

What about the umpteen times he lost possession, lost a header, miscontrolled the ball or just fell on his arse? He's pish.

Im sure I could do one decent thing in a 90 min game of football...Does that mean I can get a game for Hibs?

Take the blinkers off, you might see more of the games?

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Not at all. If Nish continues to be fielded and contributes nothing to a game that I have paid to watch then I shall pick on him.

I simply do not think he is worth putting on the pitch, When is on the pitch it is like playing with ten men.

As you point out there are others in the team that get things wrong and least if we are looking for consistancy then Nish is consistantly garbage.

This has been commented on for the entire season not just the recent poor run of results.

It's admirable that you defend a player in the team you support but when that player detremental to the team by being there then perhaps it's time to stop defending him.

for the greater good, or something like that.

One thing he does show though, if he is first choice then those wishing to take his place must be rank rotten.

He contributed more to the game yesterday than the fans favourite....

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 10:52 AM
He contributed more to the game yesterday than the fans favourite....

im guessing you mean riordan. and if so and you think nish had a better game than riordan then you seriously must be at the wind up. if not riordan then my apologies in advance

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Take the blinkers off, you might see more of the games?

Mate if anyones got blinkers on it's you! I'm not saying he's the only numpty in that Hibs team but he is absolutely keek and I find it hard to believe that there are still folk that defend him after one inept performance after another.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 10:54 AM
im guessing you mean riordan. and if so and you think nish had a better game than riordan then you seriously must be at the wind up. if not riordan then my apologies in advance

What did the messiah do, apart from two shots, and throwing his toys out of the pram?

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Mate if anyones got blinkers on it's you! I'm not saying he's the only numpty in that Hibs team but he is absolutely keek and I find it hard to believe that there are still folk that defend him after one inept performance after another.

He was marked by two or three at times, gets fouled so often, but referees never give them.....

Still as others are exempt from criticism blame it all on Nish........

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Nish? contributed to the game yesterday?

wow.
what did he do?

Apparently nothing according to Nish haters on here..........

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 10:58 AM
What did the messiah do, apart from two shots, and throwing his toys out of the pram?

ah so you did mean riordan, he had alot more of the ball than nish, was looking to get the ball to his own players. was looking to get passed his markers. plus the two shots you speak of were two more than the useless plum that was playing up front had. im not riordans biggest fan but he had a better game than nish but then again that wouldnt be hard as he has to be one of the worst strikers in the premier league

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
ah so you did mean riordan, he had alot more of the ball than nish, was looking to get the ball to his own players. was looking to get passed his markers. plus the two shots you speak of were two more than the useless plum that was playing up front had. im not riordans biggest fan but he had a better game than nish but then again that wouldnt be hard as he has to be one of the worst strikers in the premier league

Interesting to see in today's NOTW Nish got higher mark than Deek..... Still what do reporter's know eh?:confused::confused:

500miles
02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I watched Nish get rounded on by 3 hearts players, knock the ball on to Miller (IIRC), before getting bundled over. Some ******** then decided to should "TOO WEAK NISH! SHOCKING - WHY IS HE STILL ON THE PITCH YOGI?" Even when he get's it right, he seems to get it wrong according to some folk.

People see what they want to see.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
I watched Nish get rounded on by 3 hearts players, knock the ball on to Miller (IIRC), before getting bundled over. Some ******** then decided to should "TOO WEAK NISH! SHOCKING - WHY IS HE STILL ON THE PITCH YOGI?" Even when he get's it right, he seems to get it wrong according to some folk.

Exactly....

Nish could score 3 goals in Cup Final, and he would still get berated on here.....

BEEJ
02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
He was marked by two or three at times, gets fouled so often, but referees never give them.....

Still as others are exempt from criticism blame it all on Nish........
Nish has manged to create for himself a poor reputation with the referees in Scotland, probably due to all the unproductive verbals and back-chat he's given them over the years.

Consequently, he seldom gets a fair share of the decisions that he would otherwise deserve.

In terms of contribution yesterday (I wasn't there) he seemed to be effective in defending set pieces - BBC commentary team highlighted that aspect of his role more than once. In a squad otherwise short in stature that is one of the reasons that Nish starts.

Baldy Foghorn
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
You see what I mean? there is criticism of a player's performance and in his defence we get the above.

ok, Nish scores 3 in a cup final but............... he misses 3 sitters and we get beat 4 - 3.

told you he was useless

just playing by your rules

Clever

sauzee
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM
in the sunday mail today,slating the hibs fans for getting on yogis back,saying 95% haven't got a clue,well,95% of hibs fans are better footballers than you,the sooner your out the door the better,:bye::bye::bye:

lyonhibs
02-05-2010, 11:15 AM

I also saw Nish on countless occasions lose the ball through a lack of rudimentary ball control, and also fail to even get off the ground when challenging for an aerial ball, a trick that even John Rankin seems to have mastered, all 5 foot 4" of him.

People see what they see. I applauded Nish on the occasion you mention, but the fact of the matter is that - IMO - for the most part, he is awful, and the most pathetically ineffective 6' 4" striker one could ever wish to clap eyes on.

BWhiteman1972
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I think the point we're all missing here is that Nish is simply not good enough for Hibs. I'm not saying we should expect World Class strikers, but let's face it there are much better strikers out there that would love a shot at playing for this club.

lucky
02-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Nish is poor even by SPL standards but I believe its unforgivable for a Hibs player to insult 95% of the Hibs support. The old saying of "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" springs to mind.

Saorsa
02-05-2010, 11:37 AM
in the sunday mail today,slating the hibs fans for getting on yogis back,saying 95% haven't got a clue,well,95% of hibs fans are better footballers than you,the sooner your out the door the better,:bye::bye::bye:Perhaps he thinks the guff we have had from Hughes is acceptable because he's a player of very limited ability, it's certainly all he is capable of.

He thinks Hughes is a good manager and Hughes thinks he's a player worth a start most weeks, nuff said. Sooner they're both gone from Hibs, the better

Beefster
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
You know the end is coming when the players start slating the fans.

"If we were winning games they would get bored"

That's the best bit though - not much chance of being bored any time soon then.

Edit: If Riordan can be fined for criticising the pitch, will Nish be criticised be fined for doing the same to the fans?

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 11:50 AM
in the sunday mail today,slating the hibs fans for getting on yogis back,saying 95% haven't got a clue,well,95% of hibs fans are better footballers than you,the sooner your out the door the better,:bye::bye::bye:

I think a banner for the next game would be appropriate for Mr Nish. Something along the lines of:

"So 95% of us don't have a clue? Well 100% of us pay your wages"

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Interesting to see in today's NOTW Nish got higher mark than Deek..... Still what do reporter's know eh?:confused::confused:

im not going to make this into a thread about riordan. i didnt think he was that great yesterday either but nish was certainly not any better. if you think nish is a good player and had a good game then thats up to you. if you want this kind of pish at the club then again thats up to you. id rather have someone better than nish as he is rank rotten. and the sports reporters in this country are dire so i wouldnt read to much into their marks

truehibernian
02-05-2010, 12:05 PM
im not going to make this into a thread about riordan. i didnt think he was that great yesterday either but nish was certainly not any better. if you think nish is a good player and had a good game then thats up to you. if you want this kind of pish at the club then again thats up to you. id rather have someone better than nish as he is rank rotten. and the sports reporters in this country are dire so i wouldnt read to much into their marks

To be brutally honest, and albeit he was also not the best technically, we lat MAC go far far too soon. Always raised his game in the big ones and ran his socks off. Strong, committed, very rarely eased off the ball. Seems to be getting his off field problems sorted out too. Lovely big guy too and loved Hibs (still does).

SneakersO'Toole
02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I find it quite staggering that some people are defending Nish after yesterdays performance and if we are being honest, the majority of his performances over the course of the season. How he managed to stay on the park for 90mins yesterday is unbelievable.

He was abolsutely dreadful from start to finish. He wasn't the only one but at least the likes of Stokes and Riordan have contributed this season with goals.

I said the same last week but if we want to be having seasons like Dundee Utd this season then players like Nish should not be playing 30+ games per season.

There is a reason why people are constantly lambasting Nish. My eyes are wide open when it comes to him. He is not good enough. End of story.

Kaiser1962
02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Nish is poor even by SPL standards but I believe its unforgivable for a Hibs player to insult 95% of the Hibs support. The old saying of "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" springs to mind.

I have to say that I dont know this for a fact but from personal obseervation Hibs fans will take some beating in the whinging and girning stakes. I think most supports are the same though. Even when we were going well people were moaning.

If someone had offered me this position last August I would have taken it. Of course I am as p155ed off as everyone else but lets get this back into perspective.

Betty Boop
02-05-2010, 01:54 PM

Strange that players are not allowed to criticise the pitch, but its ok to slag the fans off. :confused:

Nameless
02-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I never thought I would ever hate a Hibs player as much as I hated Zibi, take a bow Colin Nish. I am disgusted that you play for my club, and I am further disgusted that the money I put into Hibs goes into your pocket. You are a pathetic excuse for a footballer, and clearly a very small man.

Please **** off you cart horse, talentless clown:fuming::brickwall

Sumner
02-05-2010, 02:26 PM
pack him back to Killie or the Pars, division 1 player.

Would he get his place and starting position of choice
if he wasn't a suck-up to the boss? No chance, Nish Off !

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 02:34 PM
pack him back to Killie or the Pars, division 1 player.

Would he get his place and starting position of choice
if he wasn't a suck-up to the boss? No chance, Nish Off !

do you think they would drop kyle for nish. im not so sure

marinello59
02-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Nish is not good enough for Hibs ... simples

Aye, mid-table second division player.

Really wish Hughes would just GTF and take his bum-boy Nish with him :grr:

Well Nish, I think the majority of us do know what we are talking about when we say you are ****ing ***** son.

Nish is a loser, came from a team of losers and is managed by a loser. End of, as someone used to say.

I never thought I would ever hate a Hibs player as much as I hated Zibi, take a bow Colin Nish. I am disgusted that you play for my club, and I am further disgusted that the money I put into Hibs goes into your pocket. You are a pathetic excuse for a footballer, and clearly a very small man.

Please **** off you cart horse, talentless clown:fuming::brickwall

Just a Greatest Hits compilation of Nish put downs from this thread..:greengrin

And we get all sensitive at him having a go back? If we are willing to dish it out.............

Scotthibs1875
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Cillian Sherridan you can add to that list or a fit Chris Killen.
You've taken that too far.

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 02:38 PM

And we get all sensitive at him having a go back? If we are willing to dish it out.............

3 contributions from me...wow I really dont like Nish do I? :greengrin

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 02:39 PM

i thought i might have had some in there but mine couldnt have been that bad:greengrin

marinello59
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM

It would appear he will not be getting your player of the season vote.:greengrin

Wisna picking on you, honest.:greengrin

Saorsa
02-05-2010, 02:49 PM

And we get all sensitive at him having a go back? If we are willing to dish it out.............I personally couldnae give a toss what he says or thinks TBH. I just think that being a talentless huddie who makes a better living than most of the people who contribute tae his wages he'd be better keeping his gob shut than insulting those people. He's happy tae take our dosh so he can take the stick for his inept pathetic performances.

NAE NOOKIE
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Coz Nish's comments were in the Sunday Mail, which is as big a Tory rag as you will ever find, perhaps he was misquoted. :greengrin

Mind you, if he wasn't then he needs his bumps felt.

If you are a professional footballer and the fans think you are pants then the stock answer is to say. "They pay their money and are entitled to their opinion". This is footballer speak for who are these numpties who probably canny even do 3 at keepy up to slag me off.

However. Anybody who wants an objective view of what sort of player Colin Nish is should dig out their CIS cup final DVD.

The only time he gets a mention is when the commentator points out that he is a Hibs supporter. Apart from that you wouldnt have known he was on the pitch.

And that was in a cup final.

Having said that, while at Hibs I dont think Nishy has been as bad as a lot of folk make out. But there are players out there who can be bought for the same or less than he cost and who could do the job he is asked to do better.

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM

You're right to laugh.

Konte got us into Europe and scored against European opposition. Big Col wont do either.

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Mibbe we should have a poll asking if fans think he is pi5h or not and then making up a banner to tell it in percentages ie. 95% cant be wrong Nish you ARE pish

thing is I actually thought at first he was a good signing for Hibs and the link up play from midfield was pi5h,(which it is) if he could stay on his feet and header a baw he might make pass marks instead of pi55 marks.Thing is most of Yogis tactics are crap and have been sussed by even the worst teams in the league as shown on saturday,we have nae organisation,baws,skill,5hit the list is endless.Lets not gie Nish all the blame,we have a whole team of underachievers and even with Yogis lack of tactics, with the squad we have we should still be ATLEAST scraping draws.
Oh aye, lets NOT get on the backs of the young lads, it will do nothing for their confidence,if we can offload Yogi and a few of the wasters we might have a team worth supporting next season.I wonder what the new stand will sound like with 700 fans cheering the team on to relegation.
Oh aye if Yogi somehow manages to stay (after we fight our way to sixth place) and we are next year somehow succesful,mibbe 1 more point than this season (as that is what some on here are measuring success),I will buy Hibby2005 a bottle of whisky,but somehow I think that bet will be won by me.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Mibbe we should have a poll asking if fans think he is pi5h or not and then making up a banner to tell it in percentages ie. 95% cant be wrong Nish you ARE pish

That will help his confidence yeah you should do that! :bye:

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 04:01 PM

his confidence cant be that low if 95% of us know nothing about football, so why would he get upset

Beefster
02-05-2010, 04:03 PM

I'll give him a big cuddle afterwards.

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
his confidence cant be that low if 95% of us know nothing about football, so why would he get upset

It appears a few people are biting to these comments that was in a *****y sunday paper probably printed in the weege so it MUST be true! :rolleyes:

Beefster
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
It appears a few people are biting to these comments that was in a *****y sunday paper probably printed in the weege so it MUST be true! :rolleyes:

Two Sunday newspapers from two different companies.

Probably didn't happen though.

Allant1981

well if its not ill be expecting nish to take them all the way seen as he has been quoted but then again you know its probably true

Dunbar Hibee
You're right to laugh.

Konte got us into Europe and scored against European opposition. Big Col wont do either.

If you honestly think Nish is as bad as Konte then you don't have a clue :bitchy:

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 04:06 PM

Nah, don't think so. How many piss easy chances has he missed over this season?

Hermit Crab
02-05-2010, 04:08 PM
well if its not ill be expecting nish to take them all the way seen as he has been quoted but then again you know its probably true

Ok so its cool for fans to slate the laddie personally but whenever he has a pop back they get aw upset and say he canny say that! Why cant he when he gets verbally abused week in week out. Double standards on here.

Allant1981
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Ok so its cool for fans to slate the laddie personally but whenever he has a pop back they get aw upset and say he canny say that! Why cant he when he gets verbally abused week in week out. Double standards on here.

if what people are saying about him was a load of crap then yes he has every right to have a go but he is utter crap and if he thinks folk are wrong to say this then he seriously needs to have a look at himself. The guy is not a good footballer and the sooner Hughes realises this the better as its players like Nish that are going to cost him his job

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 04:13 PM
If you honestly think Nish is as bad as Konte then you don't have a clue :bitchy:

Has Nish got us into Europe or not? Simple question.

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM

says the worldly wise 17 year old

K.Marx
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Listen when it boils down to it if theres a dispute between fans and players theres only going to be one winner. IMO he's an idiot for doing his talking in the papers, he should be doing it on the pitch.

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 04:47 PM

Ok mr 42 year old ****ing know it all because im that age I can't have an opinion?

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Ok mr 42 year old ****ing know it all because im that age I can't have an opinion?

I think what Phil's saying is Amadou's got style, he's got class, he's 100%Hibees ya bass.

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 04:54 PM

Yup. When you're out of a valid argument, turn to ageism. Never fails. :yawn:

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I think what Phil's saying is Amadou's got style, he's got class, he's 100%Hibees ya bass.

Well he can say that without having a go at me for being younger than him:confused:

Phil MaGlass
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Hahaha... take it easy man,most folk who know me on here and who have read a few of my posts know Im not the most eloquent of posters,so when I post its mostly tongue in cheek,I dont use many smilies and that sort of thing but thanks for the compliment

" mr 42 year old ****ing know it all "
my wife agrees with you, even uses the exact same words.oops:greengrin smiley

oh aye.. where the f-q do you get the time to make 5000 odd posts,yi no working yet,get a f,n job ya lazy wee bassa.

Dunbar Hibee
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Hahaha... take it easy man,most folk who know me on here and who have read a few of my posts know Im not the most eloquent of posters,so when I post its mostly tongue in cheek,I dont use many smilies and that sort of thing but thanks for the compliment

" mr 42 year old ****ing know it all "
my wife agrees with you, even uses the exact same words.oops:greengrin smiley

Maybe i flew off the handle a bit.. but still:greengrin

RickyS
02-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Listen when it boils down to it if theres a dispute between fans and players theres only going to be one winner. IMO he's an idiot for doing his talking in the papers, he should be doing it on the pitch.

did McBride no have a similar problem with the Bairn's fan's?

MSK
02-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Interesting to see in today's NOTW Nish got higher mark than Deek..... Still what do reporter's know eh?:confused::confused:Woo hoo !!!! if its in the NOTW its true ...:faf::faf:

Toaods
02-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Woo hoo !!!! if its in the NOTW its true ...:faf::faf:

unconfirmed reports In the NOTW that Deek and his agent have been secretly filmed in the Ukraine whereby in return for 300,ooo hard boiled sweeties, Deek will ensure that on 4 occasions in the next year he will score less points than Nish.

Gala Foxes
02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Colin Nish's 5% of Hibs supporters article in the Sunday Papers proves he is not just clueless on the park but maintains that same level of consistency off it

emmjayfox
02-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Im sure the guy that sits next to me is one of the 5% hes a fu***ng know all.:cool2:

skipster7
02-05-2010, 07:46 PM
even if it is, i can tell you for a fact hes not the only player who thinks the negativity and abuse from the stands is OTT,and im not just talking about our recent "run".the bile that pores from the stands at our own players makes me sick.
even yesterday some guys seem to be in their element screaming abuse at certain players but sat with their traps shut when the same players did something good or when fans around them were getting behind the team:grr:

FWIW 95%seems a tad harsh:devil:

gorgie_harp
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I personally couldnae give a toss what he says or thinks TBH. I just think that being a talentless huddie who makes a better living than most of the people who contribute tae his wages he'd be better keeping his gob shut than insulting those people. He's happy tae take our dosh so he can take the stick for his inept pathetic performances.

:agree::agree::top marks

essexhibee
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
That article from Nish in the NOTW has got me so angry. How dare he have a go at us.

Colin, from all of us that follow the green and white, we say this to you.

GTF you useless waste of a wage. Raging. :grr::grr:

EasterRoad4Ever
02-05-2010, 08:23 PM
If the reported comments are true Nish has signalled the end of his Hibs career - what a silly, silly bugger. Now lets see of the manager or any of the other players would like to follow up with similar comments ?

Diclonius
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
If Nish is playing well, he's entitled to an opinion.

As it stands, he's a contributor as to why we're all so pissed off, and a result - GTF Nish. You did yourself no favours with your inept performances as of late, culminating in that embarrassing 90 minutes yesterday.

Go and find another club where your mediocrity is accepted, and here's a hint for you - don't bother slating your new supporters when they find you out. You'll just look even more of a tit than you already are.

New Corrie
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM

The wordly wise 17 year old is right though. If anyone seriously thinks that Colin Nish is as bad as Amadou Konte then Nish is right that the fans know nothing about football.

Toaods
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
I'll predict that Colin kens he's teas oot at ER.

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 09:32 PM

So do I. Even when we were on that unbeaten run at the start of the seaosn forlk were moaning that we weren't winning by big enough margins.

Has Nish got us into Europe or not? Simple question.

:hilarious Yes Konte will be forever a legend for his one and only goal for Hibs. Does Nish scoring against Aberdeen earlier in the season not count towards our points total this season?

I agree with him. Anyone that thinks Konte's better than Nish is in the 95%.

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 09:34 PM
The wordly wise 17 year old is right though. If anyone seriously thinks that Colin Nish is as bad as Amadou Konte then Nish is right that the fans know nothing about football.

Konte is Marvin Gaye to Nish's James Blunt.

If you say different you know nothing about football. See, I can do it too:greengrin

Hainan Hibs
02-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I do think a contest between Konte and Nish on who can make themselves the smallest when they jump would be a cracker:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I do think a contest between Konte and Nish on who can make themselves the smallest when they jump would be a cracker:agree:

:hilarious The one he ducked under near the end yesterday was one of the best yet.

hibsbollah
02-05-2010, 09:43 PM

But Colin has never mastered the famous Konte 'double header'. Its rumoured that he can't even count up to two. This is why he will always be second to Amadou in the eyes of many Hibs fans.

mcfly
02-05-2010, 09:44 PM
colin "bambi on ice" nish is entitled to his opinion and me as one of the mugs who pays his wages is entitled to mine.

please colin will you put some studs in your boots and stop falling on your backside as its getting boring.

500miles
02-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Colin's a Hibs fan, he's sat in the stands, and probably read all the messageboards too. He's got as much right to an opinion on us as we do an opinion on him.

He's right, the majority of football fans are total slavers. You just need to look at the fury and rage of some middle aged tit shouting all the abuse, or the way in which they allow a game of football to ruin thier entire week, to know that there is no way they are capable of taking a step back, and looking at the game based solely on what went on during the previous 90 minutes.

I'll take it back to the John Rankin statistical breakdown against whoever it was. Here were a queue of "experts" knocking out the same auld pish, and slating his passing. Then some clever person actually takes the step back, looks at the game for what it is, crunches some very simple numbers, and it's clear that his pass success rate of 88% is actually pretty good. There's your example of the majority not having a clue, and the minority being the ones to get it right.

If Colin Nish was as bad a football player as most of the fans are as experts, then he wouldn't even kick a ball at Junior level.

Atalanta
02-05-2010, 10:29 PM
If Nish had been playing well people may have taken more notice of what he said. This is simply an attempt to deflect attention from his own abysmal performances. If the guy thinks that he deserves the support of the Hibs fans he has made a big mistake as should do his talking on the pitch rather than moaning to the papers. He is clearly as thick as mince.

HFC 0-7
02-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Colin's a Hibs fan, he's sat in the stands, and probably read all the messageboards too. He's got as much right to an opinion on us as we do an opinion on him.

He's right, the majority of football fans are total slavers. You just need to look at the fury and rage of some middle aged tit shouting all the abuse, or the way in which they allow a game of football to ruin thier entire week, to know that there is no way they are capable of taking a step back, and looking at the game based solely on what went on during the previous 90 minutes.

I'll take it back to the John Rankin statistical breakdown against whoever it was. Here were a queue of "experts" knocking out the same auld pish, and slating his passing. Then some clever person actually takes the step back, looks at the game for what it is, crunches some very simple numbers, and it's clear that his pass success rate of 88% is actually pretty good. There's your example of the majority not having a clue, and the minority being the ones to get it right.

If Colin Nish was as bad a football player as most of the fans are as experts, then he wouldn't even kick a ball at Junior level.

He probably wouldnt make it in the Juniors, if he has enough problems with the physical side of the SPL then he would have a much harder time in the Juniors!:wink:

Amit
02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I think most fans know what the team needs and that is balance (i.e. 4-4-2), to play players in the correct position, a decent right back, and some hard work and determination... Hibs play for too much "tippy tappy" football.. always trying to pass it into the goal... 88% pass completion is good when you are winning games but means SFA when you are on an absolutely absimal run of form...

Players who dont have ability can't be slated for that as that is just life, however, a player who lacks ability and gives 100% will always have the backing of the fans (i.e. Sproule). There are a number of players in our team who dont have the ability and dont give 100%.. that annoys me more... as do those who have the ability and under perform week in, week out...

The manager needs to take alot of responsibility and listen to his own advice. Hughes talked about changing things and going back to basics yet he plays the same system with the same players unless they are injured...

Our problems at ER lie much deeper than our below average players...

Just for the record... I think the 95% figure Nish quoted is garbage... we may not be managers or football experts but even an idiot can see where the problems lie in the Hibs team..

I fully expect there to be a clear out come this summer... and if Hughes doesnt address the basic problems in our squad then we will struggle next season and be left behind as other teams improve...

KiddA
03-05-2010, 01:22 AM
I think he is pish :agree:

Someone said he had skillful feet but its a pity he can't stand on them.

See you later Colin good luck finding a club in the summer :bye:

KiddA
03-05-2010, 01:29 AM

thing is I actually thought at first he was a good signing for Hibs and the link up play from midfield was pi5h,(which it is) if he could stay on his feet and header a baw he might make pass marks instead of pi55 marks.Thing is most of Yogis tactics are crap and have been sussed by even the worst teams in the league as shown on saturday,we have nae organisation,baws,skill,5hit the list is endless.Lets not gie Nish all the blame,we have a whole team of underachievers and even with Yogis lack of tactics, with the squad we have we should still be ATLEAST scraping draws.
Oh aye, lets NOT get on the backs of the young lads, it will do nothing for their confidence,if we can offload Yogi and a few of the wasters we might have a team worth supporting next season.I wonder what the new stand will sound like with 700 fans cheering the team on to relegation.
Oh aye if Yogi somehow manages to stay (after we fight our way to sixth place) and we are next year somehow succesful,mibbe 1 more point than this season (as that is what some on here are measuring success),I will buy Hibby2005 a bottle of whisky,but somehow I think that bet will be won by me.

I jumped right on that, thanks for the idea :top marks oh and I voted pish

MWHIBBIES

See you later Colin good luck finding a club in the summer :bye:I agree he isnt great but doesnt deserve all the **** he gets on here as he is certainly not the only one who is ***** in out squad.

Lofarl
A sitter v the Hamilton game and a fresh air swipe at Darkheid sum up his ability for me. He may well be a Hibee but thats no excuse. You dont see me running out onto the pitch do you?

I bet I would not be caught offside as often nor fall doon every time the ball is passed up to me either.

zlatan
03-05-2010, 01:35 AM
Pretty pish but a likeable chap nonetheless.

Iain G
03-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Surely the option should just be:

Pish or Nish :confused: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
03-05-2010, 05:29 AM
What a terrible poll :bitchy:

Whaurs the pisher than pish option? :devil:

KWJ
03-05-2010, 06:03 AM
While he's very often pish he also does the odd bit of brilliance. Only thing decent I can recall in the derby was putting through Deeks with a sublime little touch.

I'm not voting as he's both pish and not pish.

Still rather have him than kyle while preffering someone better. What we'd give for a Mixu, Killen or even Pornstar.

Iain G
03-05-2010, 06:08 AM
While he's very often pish he also does the odd bit of brilliance. Only thing decent I can recall in the derby was putting through Deeks with a sublime little touch.

I'm not voting as he's both pish and not pish.

Still rather have him than kyle while preffering someone better. What we'd give for a Mixu, Killen or even Pornstar.

OK so you are saying we need more options?

How about this 5:

Nish
Nishish
Pishish
Pish
Jamie McQuilken

Steve20
03-05-2010, 06:16 AM
He is awful.

col02
03-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Valuable squad player!

heidtheba
03-05-2010, 06:44 AM

How about this 5:

Nish
Nishish
Pishish
Pish
Jamie McQuilken

Aww that's unfair! To even suggest someone is in the same category as McQuilken is really mean... That guy had the football skills of an emperor penguin.

Didn't we get rid of McAllister to bring him in? God that was one of the worst years for emptying decent players to bring in complete gash.

brydekirk
03-05-2010, 06:58 AM
the guy is a trier but sadly does not have the talent or co-ordination and composure to stay at hibs.

KWJ
03-05-2010, 07:00 AM

How about this 5:

Nish
Nishish
Pishish
Pish
Jamie McQuilken

:greengrin

I'm cheerfully confuzzled.

Yes, we need more options. New ones too. I'd like to ditch Nish and bring in someone better, I think i've found just the boy too. Might need to break the bank though. new thread.

loanheadhibby
03-05-2010, 07:09 AM
he is up there with Lee Power, Paul Tosh and Eduardo Hurtado.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 07:11 AM

i forgot all about him, how many goals did he actually score for us. couldnt have been many

2 goals in 11 games. I thought he had played more than that

KWJ
03-05-2010, 07:13 AM
i forgot all about him, how many goals did he actually score for us. couldnt have been many

2 goals in 11 games. I thought he had played more than that

No way.

Nish has done many good things for Hibs. Putting him in the same list as Paul Tosh is ridiculous. Actually, nobody deserves to be in the same list as Paul Tosh.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 07:27 AM
No way.

Nish has done many good things for Hibs. Putting him in the same list as Paul Tosh is ridiculous. Actually, nobody deserves to be in the same list as Paul Tosh.

it was lee power i was talking about but its prob just the same

to date nish has played more games in his career than power, yet power has scored more goals. Says it all really

KWJ
03-05-2010, 07:38 AM
oops sorry bud, I quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the one you quoted.

Had to check your stats though as sounded mental.

Power has scored 34 goals for club (mostly lower level) and country inc U21s.

Nish has scored 69 goals mostly in the SPL.

I don't have a huge problem with Lee Power, was typical Duffy. Nice goal against Celtic is all I can remember though.

The Sea-gull
03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Oh dear Colin, it's a long way back for you now.

Whether you have a point and whether you get a lot of unfair criticism is another story but I think when an already unpopular player slags off 95% of the support then you are on a hiding to nothing.

Apart from anything else, you may be a good hibby and a nice guy but you've been at Hibs a couple of years now and haven't done enough.

It's just not working and I take no satisfaction in saying that it is time for you to move on as we need to get a more effective player in your position.

RickyS
03-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Oh dear Colin, it's a long way back for you now.

Whether you have a point and whether you get a lot of unfair criticism is another story but I think when an already unpopular player slags off 95% of the support then you are on a hiding to nothing.

Apart from anything else, you may be a good hibby and a nice guy but you've been at Hibs a couple of years now and haven't done enough.

It's just not working and I take no satisfaction in saying that it is time for you to move on as we need to get a more effective player in your position.

I think this clown should be issuing an apology for not "representing the club in a positive light". he better hope I don't run into him, ive been practising my above the knee challenges.

Ray_
03-05-2010, 08:48 AM

If we were going for comparisons I'd have to say Jim Blair. Although to be fair to Jim, he did score two against Rangers in a 3-2 win and also scored a couple against Malmo.

Bobster
03-05-2010, 08:49 AM
I suspect these kind of posts are started by imposters from the other side of the city who are on the wind up. Unfortunately too many on here fall for it.
Imagine slagging off a fellow Hibs supporter who tries his best for the club even if it doesn't always come off. It doesn't make sense.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 08:51 AM
I suspect these kind of posts are started by imposters from the other side of the city who are on the wind up. Unfortunately too many on here fall for it.
Imagine slagging off a fellow Hibs supporter who tries his best for the club even if it doesn't always come off. It doesn't make sense.

why does it matter that he supports the team. he is rank rotten and how on earth he is paying top flight football is beyond me

K.Marx
03-05-2010, 08:52 AM

:yawn::jamboclow

so 43 out of the 57 who have voted are yams then?

Ray_
03-05-2010, 09:02 AM

To slag off the fans while in a run that ranks one of the worst in the clubs history was an extremely foolish thing to do, that's the part that doesn't make sense, mind you, he was just following Yogi's lead, after his remarks about internet fans.

He mentioned that 95% of fans do not know anything about football, yet he has only recently discovered that you don’t play it on your backside, the offside rule, well, that’ll take a bit longer.

Baldy Foghorn
03-05-2010, 09:04 AM
To slag off the fans while in a run that ranks one of the worst in the clubs history was an extremely foolish thing to do, that's the part that doesn't make sense, mind you, he was just following Yogi's lead, after his remarks about internet fans.

He mentioned that 95% of fans do not know anything about football, yet he has only recently discovered that you don’t play it on your backside, the offside rule, well, that’ll take a bit longer.

I actually like Nish, so must be in the 5%:thumbsup:

However to publicly say that 95% of the support don't know what they are talking about is a massive boo boo on his part......

Should really be keeping his thoughts on that matter to himself:grr:

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 09:07 AM
:yawn::jamboclow

so 43 out of the 57 who have voted are yams then?

That's not what he said.

johnrebus
03-05-2010, 09:16 AM
The abuse that Colin Nish is getting on this board is absolutely pathetic.

He is a good solid SPL striker, not a world beater, but a guy with a good scoring record.

Why he gets this level of vitriol thrown at him is completely beyond reason and I would be more worried for the people who post all this pish and the state of their own mental health .

Lay off the guy FFS.

Bobster
03-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Just even the title of the poll option is insulting about a Hibs player. I recall the hounding of Brian Kerr in similar fashion and maybe he wasn't the best but he still scored the winner in a derby match at Tynecastle which takes on legendary status in my book. http://www.hibs.net/message/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif
Just don't think it helps the confidence of players if they are slaughtered by their own and I suspect some people who are not genuine Hibs fans like to fan the flames - I maybe wrong but just a hunch.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:22 AM

He is a good solid SPL striker, not a world beater, but a guy with a good scoring record.

Why he gets this level of vitriol thrown at him is completely beyond reason and I would be more worried for the people who post all this pish and the state of their own mental health .

Lay off the guy FFS.

Keep taking the tablets :bitchy:

khib70
03-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Just even the title of the poll option is insulting about a Hibs player. I recall the hounding of Brian Kerr in similar fashion and maybe he wasn't the best but he still scored the winner in a derby match at Tynecastle which takes on legendary status in my book. http://www.hibs.net/message/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif
Just don't think it helps the confidence of players if they are slaughtered by their own and I suspect some people who are not genuine Hibs fans like to fan the flames - I maybe wrong but just a hunch.
Brian Kerr, legendary status, same sentence????

Having been a "genuine Hibs fan" for over 40 years, I don't think that obliges me to be nice about players who are just plain rank rotten, just because they wore the scarf as a kid. Good professionals take stick from the fans in their stride, and don't abuse them in the press at the drop of a hat.

Nish is a lumbering liability on the pitch and a spoilt brat off it. If saying that makes me less of a Hibby than you, so be it.

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Keep taking the tablets :bitchy:

Nish would get a game for every team in the SPL from 4th place down.

khib70
03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Sunday Pub League?:rolleyes:

Toaods
03-05-2010, 09:45 AM

Killie would drop Kyle?

St Mirren would drop Mehmet?

...I'll give you the Lee Miller-less Aberdeen might be interested but not even sure he'd displace Deuchar at St Johnstone.

SalfordHibs
03-05-2010, 09:45 AM

Aye from the bench :bye:

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Killie would drop Kyle?

St Mirren would drop Mehmet?

...I'll give you the Lee Miller-less Aberdeen might be interested but not even sure he'd displace Deuchar at St Johnstone.

Do they all play just the one up-front?

Killie dropped Kyle earlier this season. What are these guys goal-scoring records like? As far as I rememeber Nish's was on a par with Lee Millers?

Holmesdale Hibs
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Absolutely no danger he's as bad as Hurtado. I'm not saying he's that good but lets not get carried away.

Hermit Crab
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=Delabooze;2449149]I actually like Nish, so must be in the 5%:thumbsup:

You and me both mate,the guy always tries and gives 100% effort you cant ask for more than that. Really hope he doesnt read this thread as he will be in tears with the abuse he is getting. :grr:

(will be a different story if he scores the winner at Fir Park and we make Europe he will be praised again)

skipster7
03-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Brian Kerr, legendary status, same sentence????

Having been a "genuine Hibs fan" for over 40 years, I don't think that obliges me to be nice about players who are just plain rank rotten, just because they wore the scarf as a kid. Good professionals take stick from the fans in their stride, and don't abuse them in the press at the drop of a hat.

Nish is a lumbering liability on the pitch and a spoilt brat off it. If saying that makes me less of a Hibby than you, so be it.

think he has a point but 95% is a bit much.:devil:

i personally think nish has good moments more often than not outweighed by the bad, but the way "fans" scream at nish, rankin etc at the games is laughable and cringworthy.
imo he started the derby quite well but then his first mistake was pounced upon by imbiciles with vien popping rage.it goes beyond taking stick when everytime a player receives the ball there are howls of derison if hes not done something amazing within a microsecond and this doesn't just apply to nish.
Easter rd at times can have a horrible negative atmosphere which trancends onto the pitch, it must be a real hoot playing in that atmospere and certainly doesn't help.
i think some of the name calling of players and managers on here is pathetic, i mean is there any need for people from the team we are meant to support to be called "******ed" and "imbicile" ? it makes me think some posters are incapable of having a reasonable post without resorting to personal insults which says more about the poster than anything else.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Do they all play just the one up-front?

Killie dropped Kyle earlier this season. What are these guys goal-scoring records like? As far as I rememeber Nish's was on a par with Lee Millers?

nish has played 278 scored 69 goals in scotland, miller has played 294 and scored 83 goals in england and scotland

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 10:04 AM
nish has played 278 scored 69 goals in scotland, miller has played 294 and scored 83 goals in england and scotland

Cheers - quite similar then.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Quite similar then.

yip pretty much, i honestly dont think nish along with quite a few others are good enough to play for any team in the top 6 but thats just my opinion. As ive said elsewhere if hughes keeps players like nish at the club then we wont progress as i hope he would like us to and they may end up costing him his job

Diclonius
03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
(will be a different story if he scores the winner at Fir Park and we make Europe he will be praised again)

Of course he will. But he hasn't, and won't, do anything significant in his Hibs career. That's kind of why we're angry.

Toaods
03-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Cheers - quite similar then.

wonder what the lay off success rate ratios are?

Hermit Crab
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Of course he will. But he hasn't, and won't, do anything significant in his Hibs career. That's kind of why we're angry.

You certain of that are you?

hibee_girl
03-05-2010, 10:17 AM

Lay off the guy FFS.

:agree::top marks

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 10:23 AM

Lay off the guy FFS.

i may be wrong but hasnt the guy only socred 18 goals since signing for the club? doesnt seem to be a good scorig record to me. I really hope we dont sell stokes/riordan in the summer as this is the player we will need to depend on to score us goals:bitchy:

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
wonder what the lay off success rate ratios are?

No idea - but he had a lot of assists when paired up with Fletcher.

500miles
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
i may be wrong but hasnt the guy only socred 18 goals since signing for the club? doesnt seem to be a good scorig record to me. I really hope we dont sell stokes/riordan in the summer as this is the player we will need to depend on to score us goals:bitchy:

Not bad for a player who's main threat is playing in other players, has competed with Fletcher, Stokes, Benji, Zemmama and Riordan for a place, and spends most of the game in midfield territory to start attacks.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Not bad for a player who's main threat is playing in other players, has competed with Fletcher, Stokes, Benji, Zemmama and Riordan for a place, and spends most of the game in midfield territory to start attacks.

aye ok, zemmama and riordan play in midfield and fletch has been away since the start of the season and benji has hardly kicked a ball this season.

Phil MaGlass
03-05-2010, 11:00 AM

See you later Colin good luck finding a club in the summer :bye:

do you think because his feet are more skilful and quicker than him, is the reason why he spends 95%
of the game on his er5e?
He just cannae keep up with them, have to say , with Nish being a Hibs fan and getting so much dogs abuse must be a real downer , but Im no changing ma posts.
Is he our modern day Joe Tortolano?

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
aye ok, zemmama and riordan play in midfield and fletch has been away since the start of the season and benji has hardly kicked a ball this season.

Nish isn't playing as a goalscoring forward. He's there for his link up play and so he can start moves - THAT's why he can be compared with Zemmama.

Riordan has played up front, but yes, mostly at left mid. Mostly because he can't do what Nish does.

Benji - the man so many folk are calling for to get "a chance" has had a few, and never produced performances as regularly as Nish. In fact his poor form - under Collins (despite Mixu getting the blame for his decline - we just ignore the last half season under Collins apparently) was what made Nish a JC signing target, and a Mixu signing.

Fletcher WAS here for a season and a half though, and Nish is now playing a similar role to him, except even deeper. And playing that role even effected Fletcher's - who has shown some real ability in the EPL - goalscoring record.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Nish isn't playing as a goalscoring forward. He's there for his link up play and so he can start moves - THAT's why he can be compared with Zemmama.

Riordan has played up front, but yes, mostly at left mid. Mostly because he can't do what Nish does.

Benji - the man so many folk are calling for to get "a chance" has had a few, and never produced performances as regularly as Nish. In fact his poor form - under Collins (despite Mixu getting the blame for his decline - we just ignore the last half season under Collins apparently) was what made Nish a JC signing target, and a Mixu signing.

Fletcher WAS here for a season and a half though, and Nish is now playing a similar role to him, except even deeper. And playing that role even effected Fletcher's - who has shown some real ability in the EPL - goalscoring record.

aye we know he isnt playing as a goal scoring forward thats half the problem. he is a forward. its their jobs first and foremost to score goals and he isnt doing it often enough. I've not checked but i reckon he must have played at least 30 games this year and to have only scored 6 goals is pretty poor. Not just that but his whole game is pretty poor. Yip every now and again he lays one off for someone else to have a shot but every now and again isnt good enough. He needs to be doing it every week and he isnt. he isnt the only one like this in the squad which just isnt good enough

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
aye we know he isnt playing as a goal scoring forward thats half the problem. he is a forward. its their jobs first and foremost to score goals and he isnt doing it often enough.

Sorry, we've got Stokes and Riordan in the same team, but his first job, above all else should be to score goals? Nonsense - he's there to work for team, Stokes and Riordan are there to get the goals.

seanraff07
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Not pish, he isn't brilliant but puts in 100% and the statistics show this season that the whole team appear to get better results when Nish starts, although he was a prick for saying 95% of fans don't know what their talking about, what i don't know is why he's getting involved with us fans if we 'don't know what were talking about'.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry, we've got Stokes and Riordan in the same team, but his first job, above all else should be to score goals? Nonsense - he's there to work for team, Stokes and Riordan are there to get the goals.

so we have to depend on two players to bail us out everytime we need goals. Away and dont talk nonsense. Nish is SUPPOSED to be a striker is he not. Maybe 6 goals per season is fine if your playing for a 1st division team but for a team wanting to get into europe then this is no where near good enough

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Not pish, he isn't brilliant but puts in 100% and the statistics show this season that the whole team appear to get better results when Nish starts, although he was a prick for saying 95% of fans don't know what their talking about, what i don't know is why he's getting involved with us fans if we 'don't know what were talking about'.

I would imagine getting goaded by your own support, regardless of what you do, because they have a lacking knowledge of football is pretty tiresome.

Nish is right. That' why 0.0001% of fans are employed as managers.

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
so we have to depend on two players to bail us out everytime we need goals. Away and dont talk nonsense. Nish is SUPPOSED to be a striker is he not. Maybe 6 goals per season is fine if your playing for a 1st division team but for a team wanting to get into europe then this is no where near good enough

Show me a team being represented by more than two players who have scored upwards of 10 goals this season? Here, use this....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

You may be some time.

houston1875
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Show me a team being represented by more than two players who have scored upwards of 10 goals this season? Here, use this....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/top_scorers/default.stm

You may be some time.

:applause:

well said

could be worse.. we could have mr nade?

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Show me a team being represented by more than two players who have scored upwards of 10 goals this season? Here, use this....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/top_scorers/default.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/top_scorers/default.stm)

You may be some time.

im sorry but if your using this to defend nish then i know your having a laugh. Mensing from hamilton has scored more goals than colin nish and your defending him:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
03-05-2010, 11:33 AM
im sorry but if your using this to defend nish then i know your having a laugh. Mensing from hamilton has scored more goals than colin nish and your defending him:faf:

To make it a fairer comparison could you remove Mensing's penalties from his "tally"?

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
To make it a fairer comparison could you remove Mensing's penalties from his "tally"?

That would require anlysis. Dinnae hurt his heid now!

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:41 AM

They've got MAC that they NEED to get goals from - first and foremost. He's hardly leaving Nish in the dust, and Colin's goals are the secondary part of his game.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 11:44 AM
They've got MAC that they NEED to get goals from - first and foremost. He's hardly leaving Nish in the dust, and Colin's goals are the secondary part of his game.

listen you can defend him day and night but it wont make a blind bit of difference. He is not a good footballer and ive came up against better forwards in the juniors. if ur happy to watch players of this quality at ER then good for you

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:47 AM
listen you can defend him day and night but it wont make a blind bit of difference. He is not a good footballer and ive came up against better forwards in the juniors. if ur happy to watch players of this quality at ER then good for you

Then how come they haven't played consistantly in the SPL for most of thier adult lives then? How come they haven't taken the £5k a week on offer from lower league english teams?(Scunthorpe, who we had to compete with for his signature)

It's because you're talking pish.

Allant1981
03-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Then how come they haven't played consistantly in the SPL for most of thier adult lives then? How come they haven't taken the £5k a week on offer from lower league english teams?(Scunthorpe, who we had to compete with for his signature)

It's because you're talking pish.

well that has just shown how much you really know about football now as there are loads of guys playing junior that played senior. who is on 5k per week like. Certainly not colin nish and he will never be good enough to go to a team who can pay this kind of money.

houston1875
03-05-2010, 11:54 AM
:take that:
:take that:take that

500miles
03-05-2010, 11:57 AM
well that has just shown how much you really know about football now as there are loads of guys playing junior that played senior. who is on 5k per week like. Certainly not colin nish and he will never be good enough to go to a team who can pay this kind of money.

"Played" senior? You mean the guys that dropped out at 23? Or maybe some better players who were getting on a bit? I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that if they could have maintained an SPL career, then they wouldn't have dropped to juniors. I know there are a few players making some decent money at tht level - but not SPL money.

Colin Nish was made an offer from Scunny prior to signing for Hibs, but he turned them down to take a smaller wage from his boyhood heroes. Scunthorpe were looking at him during the transfer window once again.