PDA

View Full Version : Lawrie Reilly

sunshine1875
01-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Legend. No bull, just speaks his mind and who on here would disagree.

What a terrific man.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Easter-Road-legend-Reilly-says.6266570.jp (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Easter-Road-legend-Reilly-says.6266570.jp)

At the present moment, I'm not excited about watching this group of players we've got playing for us," Reilly said at this week's launch of the book Pat Stanton's Hibernian Dream Team. "Why? They're just, in my opinion, not good enough for us."

"It has not been enjoyable to watch them week in, week out. I go to all of the home games and some of the away games."

"But after the trip to Hamilton a few weeks ago, I said: 'No, no, that's me finished travelling – I'm not going to follow them to away games again. There haven't been many good performances - more bad than good, in my opinion."

"I never really enjoy the games these days, because I'm always worried that Hibs are going to lose. And I don't like to see my team lose."

"Losing the derby is more painful, obviously. I can honestly say that, when I played, I really enjoyed beating the Hearts – and I hated losing to them."

Allant1981
01-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Legend. No bull, just speaks his mind and who on here would disagree.

What a terrific man.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Easter-Road-legend-Reilly-says.6266570.jp (http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Easter-Road-legend-Reilly-says.6266570.jp)

At the present moment, I'm not excited about watching this group of players we've got playing for us," Reilly said at this week's launch of the book Pat Stanton's Hibernian Dream Team. "Why? They're just, in my opinion, not good enough for us."

"It has not been enjoyable to watch them week in, week out. I go to all of the home games and some of the away games."

"But after the trip to Hamilton a few weeks ago, I said: 'No, no, that's me finished travelling – I'm not going to follow them to away games again. There haven't been many good performances - more bad than good, in my opinion."

"I never really enjoy the games these days, because I'm always worried that Hibs are going to lose. And I don't like to see my team lose."

"Losing the derby is more painful, obviously. I can honestly say that, when I played, I really enjoyed beating the Hearts – and I hated losing to them."

I'd disagree with the bit in bold, some of the players we have at the club just now are the best we have had in a while, just a pity they dont seem to be up for a challenge just now, players like stokes, riordan, miller, murray and bamba would have walked into pretty much any hibs side ive seen play. Granted the older fans have seen better players than i have but these guys are good players
The rest of it is prob exactly how every other fan feels at the moment

Hibs On Tour
01-05-2010, 08:17 AM
I'd disagree with the bit in bold, some of the players we have at the club just now are the best we have had in a while, just a pity they dont seem to be up for a challenge just now, players like stokes, riordan, miller, murray and bamba would have walked into pretty much any hibs side ive seen play. Granted the older fans have seen better players than i have but these guys are good players
The rest of it is prob exactly how every other fan feels at the moment

Had the pleasure of Mr Reilly's company in hospitality towards the end of last season. On cracking form with some great wee tales. Said he and a few others of the '5' had been discussing who from the current team would have got into their side - answer was that DR would maybe have made the reserves, none of the rest would have got a look-in.

Think you're bang on with the bit about there having been better players for us back then and we're sitting here thinking these are the best for a while due more than anything to previous teams being far worse rather than this lot being anything exceptional.

Hey ho though!

GGTTH!

.Sean.
01-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Had the pleasure of Mr Reilly's company in hospitality towards the end of last season. On cracking form with some great wee tales. Said he and a few others of the '5' had been discussing who from the current team would have got into their side - answer was that DR would maybe have made the reserves, none of the rest would have got a look-in.

Think you're bang on with the bit about there having been better players for us back then and we're sitting here thinking these are the best for a while due more than anything to previous teams being far worse rather than this lot being anything exceptional.

Hey ho though!

GGTTH!

I think that says it all about the sheer quality of the Famous Five.