PDA

View Full Version : The Scanners At The Gates...

TheMentalHibees
30-04-2010, 06:48 PM
When your ST/Ticket gets scanned at the gates, does it tell the fellae working if it's an adults or childs?

Removed
30-04-2010, 06:53 PM
When your ST/Ticket gets scanned at the gates, does it tell the fellae working if it's an adults or childs?

No idea, but it's written on the ST/ticket.

We all know why you are asking :tsk tsk:

Hermit Crab
Im sure its just a tick in a box that appears on the screen of the scanner.

MyJo
yup

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 06:54 PM

would imagine it comes up with all imformation thats on the card. but i know they obv dont care as my mates ST is in his gf's name because shes a student and he's tight.

TheMentalHibees
30-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I was hardly trying to conceal it.

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 07:23 PM
No idea, but it's written on the ST/ticket.

We all know why you are asking :tsk tsk:

What he wants to give his kid his season ticket:greengrin

Better the seat has a hibby in it than sitting empty

down the slope
30-04-2010, 08:53 PM
What if it's a wee girls ticket you are trying to use ?, i once got a ticket from my nephew as they were giving tickets to paper boys in our area and he had a spare and i thought i was going to have to wear the shorts and school blazer but nobody said a word and we beat the yams that day so go for it.

TheMentalHibees
30-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I'e got an ST myself, it's a spare one that I have. Just seeing how viable giving it to someone above 'student' age is :greengrin

Removed
30-04-2010, 09:05 PM
What if it's a wee girls ticket you are trying to use ?, i once got a ticket from my nephew as they were giving tickets to paper boys in our area and he had a spare and i thought i was going to have to wear the shorts and school blazer but nobody said a word and we beat the yams that day so go for it.

http://static.fancydress.com/resources/ecommerce/images/products/135/251/img251135/product-enlarged.jpg

Andy74
30-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Wondered the same myself. My 3 yr old season ticket holding daughter will not be at every game so there will be an empty seat. I'm presuming the people on the turnstIles would not know or care if from time to time that seat was filled by someone a bit older!?

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Wondered the same myself. My 3 yr old season ticket holding daughter will not be at every game so there will be an empty seat. I'm presuming the people on the turnstIles would not know or care if from time to time that seat was filled by someone a bit older!?

You might get one jobs worth one day but mates had no trouble all season

ArabHibee
30-04-2010, 09:18 PM
I'e got an ST myself, it's a spare one that I have. Just seeing how viable giving it to someone above 'student' age is :greengrin

Never heard of 'mature' students? :cool2:

marinello59
30-04-2010, 09:20 PM
You might get one jobs worth one day but mates had no trouble all season

Does your 'mate' wish the board would spend more money on players?:greengrin

Bayern Bru
30-04-2010, 09:24 PM
I don't know what the problem is. I'm 6ft tall and 22 years old and I still occasionally get a lift over :confused:

Removed
30-04-2010, 09:27 PM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mfl0315l.jpg

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 09:28 PM

I'll ask him tomorrow :greengrin

Andy74
30-04-2010, 09:34 PM

Well in my case hibs now have one more season ticket holder than they had and more cash than they would have had, minimal though it is. With the capacity we will have the seat will be empty many weeks. Having someone in it that wouldn't normally go will get hibs another punter buying food and drink and another body to support the team. So win win for the club and the budget.

marinello59
30-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Well in my case hibs now have one more season ticket holder than they had and more cash than they would have had, minimal though it is. With the capacity we will have the seat will be empty many weeks. Having someone in it that wouldn't normally go will get hibs another punter buying food and drink and another body to support the team. So win win for the club and the budget.

There is a difference between occasionally having a 'spare' seat occupied and buying a student season ticket to which you are not entitled merely because you are 'tight'. Isn't there?

Hibercelona
30-04-2010, 09:48 PM
When me and my dad got moved to the south stand, they messed our new cards up. My dads card is a concession and mines is an adult, but we've never had any bother getting in with them. :cool2:

steviecarnie
There is a difference between occasionally having a 'spare' seat occupied and buying a student season ticket to which you are not entitled merely because you are 'tight'. Isn't there?

ok what if his gf bought him it but used her student card is that allowed in your world?

houston1875
What he wants to give his kid his season ticket:greengrin

Better the seat has a hibby in it than sitting empty

EXACTLY!! plus if they spend cash on food at ER all the better,money in the bank!

Removed
30-04-2010, 09:50 PM
ok what if his gf bought him it but used her student card is that allowed in your world?

The student is meant to be the person using the ST not the person who bought it. Why is that so hard to understand?

marinello59
30-04-2010, 09:52 PM

My world? He isn't a student so isn't entitled to the ticket is he? :confused:

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 09:53 PM
The student is meant to be the person using the ST not the person who bought it. Why is that so hard to understand?

she's not a hibby. so she has spent her money on team she doesnt support....RESULT imo.

Hibercelona
30-04-2010, 09:54 PM

TBF... there's a difference between being "tight" and being "skint".

I'd advice anybody who can't afford full prices for a season ticket to get in touch with someone with a student card and use their name.

Who cares if some people cheat the system a little bit. I'd much rather see people in seats than no people in them at all.

Removed
30-04-2010, 09:55 PM
GTF she's not a hibby. so she has spent her money on team she doesnt support....RESULT imo.

Acronymn means what?

No not result, fraud actually.

Removed
30-04-2010, 09:57 PM
TBF... there's a difference between being "tight" and being "skint".

I'd advice anybody who can't afford full prices for a season ticket to get in touch with someone with a student card and use their name.

Who cares if some people cheat the system a little bit. I'd much rather see people in seats than no people in them at all.

Eh, I care actually. Lets all cheat the club :applause:

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Acronymn means what?

No not result, fraud actually.

oh dear guys better go phone the polis, deary me in the grand scheme of things hibs have recieved more money and that is a FACT

Hibercelona
30-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Eh, I care actually. Lets all cheat the club :applause:

How is it cheating the club? :confused:

Surely a half paid season ticket is better than no sale at all for the club?

Like I said.... better to have somebody in a seat than nobody at all.

marinello59
30-04-2010, 10:00 PM
oh dear guys better go phone the polis, deary me in the grand scheme of things hibs have recieved more money and that is a FACT

Superb logic. Your mate has cheated the club out of money because he he doesn't want to pay his way like the rest of us mugs. Admirable behaviour.

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Superb logic. Your mate has cheated the club out of money because he he doesn;t want to pay his way like the rest of us mugs. Admirable behaviour.

ill give him a pat on the back for you tomorrow shall i?

marinello59
30-04-2010, 10:02 PM

He can afford to pay, he just doesn't want to pay. It's fraud.

Hibercelona
30-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Superb logic. Your mate has cheated the club out of money because he he doesn;t want to pay his way like the rest of us mugs. Admirable behaviour.

He hasn't cheated the club out of money though.

There are always empty seats at ER, which means the club isn't making any money out of those seats.

Who cares if someone only pays a student price, the club is still benefiting from it.

Removed
30-04-2010, 10:03 PM

If you are confused then that says way more about you than me.

marinello59
30-04-2010, 10:05 PM
He hasn't cheated the club out of money though.

There are always empty seats at ER, which means the club isn't making any money out of those seats.

Who cares if someone only pays a student price, the club is still benefiting from it.

Yes he has. He can afford to pay full whack , he chooses to cheat the club by not paying full price. Folllowing your logic we should all do it...........the seats will still be occupied..........what harm could it do?

Hibercelona
30-04-2010, 10:05 PM
He can afford to pay, he just doesn't want to pay. It's fraud.

Really?

Do you have copies of his monthly bank statements that you would like to share with us all?

Face it, some people just can't afford full priced season tickets whether their a student or not.

marinello59
30-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Really?

Do you have copies of his monthly bank statements that you would like to share with us all?

Face it, some people just can't afford full priced season tickets whether their a student or not.

:confused:
His 'mate has said he isn't a student and cheats the system because he is 'tight'
Is he a student? No
Is he using a student ticket bought under false pretences? Yes.

Removed
30-04-2010, 10:10 PM

The fact that an admin had to edit your post just sums up how intelligent you obviously are.

So do you jump on a bus and pay a half or only scan half your shopping at a self service till?

It's ok lads, everyone does it.

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:11 PM

I know, let's all get students to buy our season tickets for us

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 10:11 PM
:confused:
His 'mate has said he isn't a student and cheats the system because he is 'tight'
Is he a student? No
Is he using a student ticket bought under false pretences? Yes.

Ok my bad, (he is tight tho) but his mrs bought the season ticket in her name shes a student doesnt like football.....so therefore i dont see it as fraud its her using her right as a student to get discount for her bf.

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:14 PM
Ok my bad, (he is tight tho) but his mrs bought the season ticket in her name shes a student doesnt like football.....so therefore i dont see it as fraud its her using her right as a student to get discount for her bf.

She doesn't have that right though. That ticket has been bought under false pretences and no matter how you try and dress it up it's wrong

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 10:15 PM
The fact that an admin had to edit your post just sums up how intelligent you obviously are.

So do you jump on a bus and pay a half or only scan half your shopping at a self service till?

pardon.....the admin had to edit my post because you asked me what the acronym meant. not because of my intelligence.

hibeedonald
30-04-2010, 10:16 PM
who cares if they use a 3 year old's season ticket, its not going to effect you in anyway.

Removed
30-04-2010, 10:20 PM
pardon.....the admin had to edit my post because you asked me what the acronym meant. not because of my intelligence.

So you obviously told me to GTF. Very clever.

Would love to see you say that to my face.

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:21 PM
who cares if they use a 3 year old's season ticket, its not going to effect you in anyway.

Obviously not you

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I like to think people should pay the right price for what they are getting

Removed
30-04-2010, 10:21 PM

Have you heard of economics? Oh and morality.

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 10:24 PM
So you obviously told me to GTF. Very clever.

Would love to see you say that to my face.

haha i actually would if we were having this argument as its a ridiculous and pointless and for the record GTF wasnt actually aimed at you personally more of a flippant comment.

hibeedonald
30-04-2010, 10:28 PM

yes, but if this really effected the clubs finances don't you think they would be stricter on people like the op. the prices are a rip off anyway.

1875godsgift
30-04-2010, 10:28 PM

Funnily enough, I found out you can't do that this week. My wee boy wanted to go through one, we had a full trolley of shopping and it took f'ing ages, ran out of space on the bit you have to pack it on, so I took a couple of bags off. Everything stopped and lights started flashing, so I presume the bit you pack your bags on also is a weighing machine, so you can't put stuff in it without scanning it!
Clever eh?

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Funnily enough, I found out you can't do that this week. My wee boy wanted to go through one, we had a full trolley of shopping and it took f'ing ages, ran out of space on the bit you have to pack it on, so I took a couple of bags off. Everything stopped and lights started flashing, so I presume the bit you pack your bags on also is a weighing machine, so you can't put stuff in it without scanning it!
Clever eh?

there are ways :wink::greengrin.........not that i have used them

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:32 PM
yes, but if this really effected the clubs finances don't you think they would be stricter on people like the op. the prices are a rip off anyway.

How exactly would they be stricter? A student comes in to buy a ticket and its taken at face value that said student will use that ticket and not pass it on to someone who otherwise would be liable for the full price. Seems to me that's where the rip off comes in

steviecarnie
30-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Ok one hour and 15mins and this is just going round in circles, it seems some are fine with this and some arent, but i dont think anyones opinion is gonna change.

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Ok one hour and 15mins and this is just going round in circles, it seems some are fine with this and some arent, but i dont think anyones opinion is gonna change.

Correct.

There are those who say it's cheating the club and reducing the money made available to the manager and there are those who clearly couldn't give a toss

The Modfather
30-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I like to think people should pay the right price for what they are getting

I assume you don't go to the games then because of the men in stripped jumpers charging an arm and a leg for a dire product, and have done for years :devil::greengrin

RoYO!
30-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Agreed JB. I was going to post saying similar to you but I remember the abuse I got last time! ;)

-for having the audacity to say IMO that it was wrong to rip off your own club.

LaMotta
30-04-2010, 10:42 PM

What I wonder is why convert to scanned season tickets if they still have to have someone standing at the turnstile - surely the whole point is to rid someone of doing that job?? :hmmm:

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I assume you don't go to the games then because of the men in stripped jumpers charging an arm and a leg for a dire product, and have done for years :devil::greengrin

Nah .... rip off dontcha know :wink:

Might try and borrow a student ticket for tomorrow though :greengrin

The Modfather
30-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Nah .... rip off dontcha know :wink:

Might try and borrow a student ticket for tomorrow though :greengrin

Did you also used to stand at the wall telling folk off for jumping it? Pre-war of course :greengrin

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Did you also used to stand at the wall telling folk off for jumping it? Pre-war of course :greengrin

There wasn't a wall back then :greengrin

sleeping giant
30-04-2010, 10:47 PM
:faf:

Oh deary me :greengrin

I'm sure EVERYONE on here could remember some instance of ripping the club off.
Getting lifted over , going in the boys gate , over the wall at the back of the terracing etc etc etc.
We hear many many stories of bygone years when everyone skiv:greengrind in somehow.

I've had a full price ST for around 6 years now but my first year was on a student ticket when i shouldnt have qualified.

I was allowed to go to college through my work for one day a week and i got a student card. I then purchased my first ST at the cost of £110.
I have renewed at full price ever since and can't see me lapsing in the future.

I'm happy for the seats to get filled.

Bayern Bru
30-04-2010, 10:49 PM
I could count on one hand the number of times someone's used my season ticket in the past four years (the length of time I've had a student ST). Whilst I don't agree with people cheating Hibs - I don't really see how cheating the club because you think the prices are a rip-off is fair - those who've used my season ticket tend to be people who live abroad and catch maybe one game a season if they're lucky. They spend a large amount in the club shop each time they're here, significantly more than an average punter from Edinburgh would, as they buy presents etc. for the folks back home.

It's hardly a moral dilemma for me if they want to use my ticket for one game, taking into consideration where they live, the fact that they spend a large amount in the club shop and the difficulty in buying tickets - after all, Hibs are making more money than they would if I had been able to go to the same game and there's even a chance that they'll increase the Hibernian fanbase when they return home.

In general it's a huge grey area, but as Sleeping Giant says, everyone must have done something similar at some point in their life. Taking the moral high ground is easy; putting it into practice isn't always so simple, eh?

The Modfather
30-04-2010, 10:53 PM

i'm sure everyone on here could remember some instance of ripping the club off.
Getting lifted over , going in the boys gate , over the wall at the back of the terracing etc etc etc.
We hear many many stories of bygone years when everyone skiv:greengrind in somehow.

I've had a full price st for around 6 years now but my first year was on a student ticket when i shouldnt have qualified.

I was allowed to go to college through my work for one day a week and i got a student card. I then purchased my first st at the cost of £110.

Won't somebody think of the children......

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm sure EVERYONE on here could remember some instance of ripping the club off.

I've had a full price ST for around 6 years now but my first year was on a student ticket when i shouldnt have qualified.

I was allowed to go to college through my work for one day a week and i got a student card. I then purchased my first ST at the cost of £110.

So essentially you were a student SG and therefore entitled to a student ST which is somewhat different from getting a student to buy you an ST to save you money.

I understand what you're saying regarding lift overs etc and I understand what Leitrim says in his post about taking the moral high ground but I guess where I have a problem with this particular instance is the glorying at getting away with it. Not sure why any Hibs fan would feel pleased at ripping off the club TBH

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 10:57 PM
:faf: you sound like a yam

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 10:59 PM
So essentially you were a student SG and therefore entitled to a student ST which is somewhat different from getting a student to buy you an ST to save you money.

I understand what you're saying regarding lift overs etc and I understand what Leitrim says in his post about taking the moral high ground but I guess where I have a problem with this particular instance is the glorying at getting away with it. Not sure why any Hibs fan would feel pleased at ripping off the club TBH

sorry but lighten up, another hibby in the ground that we can't fill. I can't see a problem

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Won't somebody think of the children......
:thumbsup:

sleeping giant

:agree: He looks like one :greengrin

Go on , say that to his face :faf:

Jonnyboy
sorry but lighten up, another hibby in the ground that we can't fill. I can't see a problem

Fair enough if that's your view but if it's all the same to you I wont follow your advice :wink:

sleeping giant
30-04-2010, 11:01 PM

I was on a full time wage J. I still feel guilty about it now tbh:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 11:01 PM
:agree: He looks like one :greengrin

Go on , say that to his face :faf:

:greengrin is he a big yam :greengrin

Bayern Bru
30-04-2010, 11:02 PM

Absolutely. I'll be back in Edinburgh next year, doing a post-grad degree, so I might be eligible for a student ST which would be softer on the bank account, but if I wasn't a student, there's no way I'd even consider cheating Hibs out of a full price ST. The most important thing is seeing Hibs. You can't put a price on watching the team you love in my opinion, but apparently some people can.

To clarify John - my point about the moral high ground was more to do with 'cheating the system' in general on a grander scale. I fully agree with your points regarding Hibs and the glorifying of cheating the club and find it very difficult to think of any situation whereby ripping off the club could be seen as acceptable. The example I used isn't an excuse for letting others use my ST, but hopefully it's more morally acceptable than some of the tactics people use.

Removed

Really, why?

Jonnyboy
I was on a full time wage J. I still feel guilty about it now tbh:greengrin

But still a student albeit part time :wink:

BTW, did you pass :greengrin

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 11:03 PM
Absolutely. I'll be back in Edinburgh next year, doing a post-grad degree, so I might be eligible for a student ST which would be softer on the bank account, but if I wasn't a student, there's no way I'd even consider cheating Hibs out of a full price ST. The most important thing is seeing Hibs. You can't put a price on watching the team you love in my opinion, but apparently some people can.

To clarify John - my point about the moral high ground was more to do with 'cheating the system' in general on a grander scale. I fully agree with your points regarding Hibs and the glorifying of cheating the club and find it very difficult to think of any situation whereby ripping off the club could be seen as acceptable. The example I used isn't an excuse for letting others use my ST, but hopefully it's more morally acceptable than some of the tactics people use.

:thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 11:05 PM
So if a student can't make the game, they shouldn't give there ticket to anyone who is not a student?

SRHibs
30-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I've been rooked before and bought a ticket with an old student card.
Guess I'm just a bad person.:boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 11:10 PM
So if a student can't make the game, they shouldn't give there ticket to anyone who is not a student?

That's not the debate though is it? It's not just one game it's a whole season

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 11:14 PM
That's not the debate though is it? It's not just one game it's a whole season

I'm no sure it is though, but then I have been drinking since 6

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm no sure it is though, but then I have been drinking since 6

AM or PM? :greengrin

Andy74
01-05-2010, 07:53 AM
I think buying a ticket for the whole season for the wrong category is wrong but handing it to
someone for the odd game if it will otherwise be empty is fine. I think there is a moral distinction!