PDA

View Full Version : Do we have the bottle to win tomorrow?

.Sean.
30-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Well, do we?

We've yet to beat Hearts under Yogi. Failed miserably in argubly our two biggest games of the season, the 4-2 loss to Dundee United and the Ross County debacle. For me, the heads go down far too easily if we go behind. For cases look no further than the two losses at Hamilton and the defeat at Fir Park (albeit Miller's red card didn't help matters in this instance). Also throw in the 3-0 and 4-1 losses to Rangers when we looked good for at least a draw but fell to bits as soon as they got a goal.

The recent loss at Tynecastle was easily one of the worst Hibs performances in terms of battle, grit, steel and determination i have seen.

Tomorrow is a huge game. Win, we take them out the equation for fourth place and, in my opinion, put ourselves in the driving seat with Motherwell still to play us and the Old Firm.

But if they were to score the first goal... Would we have the balls to come back and take the three points?

Hermit Crab
30-04-2010, 06:44 PM
No we dont as we always get bullied and kicked off the park by Hearts, they've used that tactic for years lad

Jamesie
30-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Of course we don't. We'll get pumped again.

Lofarl
30-04-2010, 06:48 PM
We have surrendered to meekly in those games, but we showed great spirit and enthusiasm to get back 2 goals when Aberdeen went 2 goals up. Its that kind of fight and determination I hope to see of the lads tomorrow.

zlatan
30-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Dunno

mim
30-04-2010, 06:55 PM
The team doesn't have to perform any better than they did in the last two games against Rangers and Celtic to win this game.

Even if some thought we were awful against Rangers, that showing would be too good for Hearts.

Will they perform like that?

Probably not.

SloopJB
30-04-2010, 07:00 PM
No we dont as we always get bullied and kicked off the park by Hearts, they've used that tactic for years lad

sauce?

Ants
30-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Its about time our shower of paps showed some balls.

Keith_M
30-04-2010, 07:05 PM
No point asking us mate. Why don't you nip down to East Mains and ask the players?

If they have got bottle, they certainly hide it well.

marinello59
30-04-2010, 07:12 PM
The team doesn't have to perform any better than they did in the last two games against Rangers and Celtic to win this game.

Even if some thought we were awful against Rangers, that showing would be too good for Hearts.

I agree with that. We can win tomorrow and I am confident we will.

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I've got the bottle, but it's almost empty :boo hoo:

Hibercelona
30-04-2010, 07:54 PM
We aren't just playing any team, we are playing our most hated rivals.

Thats what I would be telling the players if I was Yogi.

I'm not Yogi though.... so I have no idea what he'll be saying to them.

heretoday
30-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Both teams are dross at the moment, let's face it. If Yogi can summon up the blood we will win.

If they trot out with anything less than 100% confidence they've had it.

HibbyAndy
30-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Aye weve got the bottle

We will win tomorrow.

vahibbie
30-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Dunno.
Aye......naw....mibbe.
Probably.

Christ it's no easy second guessing this team:grr:

2-0 the mighty Hibees:thumbsup:

Feed McGraw
30-04-2010, 08:17 PM
We have every chance of winning tomorrow, thing is, if our next three games after that were against say, St. Mirren, Hamilton and St. Johnstone or the like, we would probably lose all three.

Andy74
30-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Hopefully the players have more bottle than most of the fans on here!

marinello59
30-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Hopefully the players have more bottle than most of the fans on here!

Aye, bunch of fainthearts posting here. :greengrin

C'mon the Hibees.:notworthy:

yekimevol
30-04-2010, 08:32 PM
if they dont then this is the end and a poor sign for next season
:boo hoo:

Removed
30-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Hearts are pish :agree:

And aye we've got the bottle

Cmon ma bonny boys :scarf:

surreyhibbie
30-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I have absolutely no confidence in this team at present, but this is Hibs, anything can happen.

Wouldn't put money on it though.:boo hoo:

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 09:39 PM
Hearts are pish :agree:

And aye we've got the bottle

Cmon ma bonny boys :scarf:

:top marks

...WentToMowAnSPL
30-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Absolutely !

signed glory hunting hibs fan strangely absent for a while GGTTH :thumbsup:

brydekirk
30-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I've got the bottle, but it's almost empty :boo hoo:
ME TOO but have the team ?

brydekirk
30-04-2010, 10:06 PM
we have never faced they *******s this season with a full squad. it wont happen tommorow either, but i think we can still come out on top.:thumbsup:

The Harp
30-04-2010, 10:51 PM
It might not be our strongest 11 due to injury - but it's the Yams we're playing!!! And it's our final home game of the season. If the team aren't 100% motivated for it, then there's something far wrong. But the fans have a part to play too. Let's get right behind them from the first whistle.

:flag:'mon the Hibees!:flag:

sleeping giant
30-04-2010, 10:52 PM
We have the firepower to cause carnage :agree:

tanfield
30-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Usual disappointment me thinks!

Can we win? - Absolutely but will we win? - Prob not:boo hoo:

bighairyfaeleith
30-04-2010, 11:07 PM
ME TOO but have the team ?

i found another bottle, we're gonna murder these *****:thumbsup:

NOLA
30-04-2010, 11:43 PM
We need to win 2moro more than hertz, it's another crucial game for us, so expect us to throw it away! its the Hibs way:bitchy:

Steve-O
30-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I had a dream that I forgot about the game but when I checked the score we'd got beat 1-0. Get yer money on that :agree:

monktonharp
01-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Hibernian will win,today. no doubts about that.:thumbsup: the fans will help ,with no moaning and much encouragement:duck:

lyonhibs
01-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Our bottle - or lack thereof as the case may turn out to be - will be the deciding factor in who wins this game.

Hearts have nothing - as in nada - beyond turning up, being "physically imposing" (read: niggly, wannabe WWF wrestlers) and try to use The Spanish Waiter to support whichever large, awkward lump of turd they have up front. We've managed to - somehow - make Nadé and Obua look like reasonable target men in the past couple of games.

If they want it more in midfield, and/or if Yogi gets his tactics horribly wrong in this part of the field, then we'll be relying on the fact that they can't finish their supper in order to escape with a draw.

If we can just get in about them in the midfield, dominate possession and actually do something with the ball when we have it, then we will win with ease, maybe even pump them.

IF.

bighairyfaeleith
01-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Our bottle - or lack thereof as the case may turn out to be - will be the deciding factor in who wins this game.

Hearts have nothing - as in nada - beyond turning up, being "physically imposing" (read: niggly, wannabe WWF wrestlers) and try to use The Spanish Waiter to support whichever large, awkward lump of turd they have up front. We've managed to - somehow - make Nadé and Obua look like reasonable target men in the past couple of games.

If they want it more in midfield, and/or if Yogi gets his tactics horribly wrong in this part of the field, then we'll be relying on the fact that they can't finish their supper in order to escape with a draw.

If we can just get in about them in the midfield, dominate possession and actually do something with the ball when we have it, then we will win with ease, maybe even pump them.

WHEN.

fixed that for ya:greengrin

Come on the hibs!!!!!

.Sean.
01-05-2010, 08:23 AM

IF.
This :agree:

I honestly think if we get an early goal we could end up pumping them.

TObeachesHibby
01-05-2010, 01:58 PM
got your answer ... NO!:boo hoo:
...what a surprise...:bitchy:

Hiber-nation
01-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Never seen a team with so little bottle.

Pitiful.

Broken Gnome
01-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Led Dundee United twice, no wins.
Led Rangers, hammered.
Led Ross County three times, still ended up with the wrong result.
Led Celtic, ended up conceding twice in the last ten minutes.
Led Hearts, ended up conceding twice in the last fifteen minutes.

Conclusion - In the big games, all it takes is the wind to change from a breeze to a bluster and it would throw us off our game.

Aldoo
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Well, do we?

We've yet to beat Hearts under Yogi. Failed miserably in argubly our two biggest games of the season, the 4-2 loss to Dundee United and the Ross County debacle. For me, the heads go down far too easily if we go behind. For cases look no further than the two losses at Hamilton and the defeat at Fir Park (albeit Miller's red card didn't help matters in this instance). Also throw in the 3-0 and 4-1 losses to Rangers when we looked good for at least a draw but fell to bits as soon as they got a goal.

The recent loss at Tynecastle was easily one of the worst Hibs performances in terms of battle, grit, steel and determination i have seen.

Tomorrow is a huge game. Win, we take them out the equation for fourth place and, in my opinion, put ourselves in the driving seat with Motherwell still to play us and the Old Firm.

But if they were to score the first goal... Would we have the balls to come back and take the three points?

Well there is your answer. Yet again beaten by an average Hearts side who just wanted it more.

Whether its a young apprentice just signed, an joureyman pro, a born bred Edinburgh boy or some no name from Eastern Europe Hearts seem to have a way of drilling it into their players that representing Hearts is an honour and how important it is to keep their stranglehold of derbies on their local rivals.

There can be no other reason how a such an average team such as Hearts can stay quite comfortably been unbeaten by us this season. They seem to have a way of being absolutely rank one week (Motherwell @Tynie last Sat) then next week at derby time they all raise their game and show a determination not to beaten whereas there is no way you could accuse most of our players of having the same qualities.

It sticks in the throat to see us beaten at the death by a team full of fight and desire and willing to play for the full 90 minutes. That should be us!!!
It hurts more to see us lose in this manner than to be played off the park by a great team.

Aldoo
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Led Dundee United twice, no wins.
Led Rangers, hammered.
Led Ross County three times, still ended up with the wrong result.
Led Celtic, ended up conceding twice in the last ten minutes.
Led Hearts, ended up conceding twice in the last fifteen minutes.

Conclusion - In the big games, all it takes is the wind to change from a breeze to a bluster and it would throw us off our game.

Above quote/fact is another example of how mentally weak we are. Any big game, we show flashes but ultimately lack the stomach to see it through, Hughes has a massive job on his hands to not only get better players in but also players who will not fold in the face of adversity, maybe we are seeing why some of our so called big name players have not progressed as far as their talent may have suggested at one time.

NOLA
01-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Well there is your answer. Yet again beaten by an average Hearts side who just wanted it more.

Whether its a young apprentice just signed, an joureyman pro, a born bred Edinburgh boy or some no name from Eastern Europe Hearts seem to have a way of drilling it into their players that representing Hearts is an honour and how important it is to keep their stranglehold of derbies on their local rivals.

There can be no other reason how a such an average team such as Hearts can stay quite comfortably been unbeaten by us this season. They seem to have a way of being absolutely rank one week (Motherwell @Tynie last Sat) then next week at derby time they all raise their game and show a determination not to beaten whereas there is no way you could accuse most of our players of having the same qualities.

It sticks in the throat to see us beaten at the death by a team full of fight and desire and willing to play for the full 90 minutes. That should be us!!!
It hurts more to see us lose in this manner than to be played off the park by a great team.

this defeat hurts more than the mckenna/stamp game:grr: