PDA

View Full Version : Access to the 'Glasgow Herald' Online

LHWM
30-04-2010, 05:25 PM
'Google News Archive' has the 'Glasgow Herald' available for free online. for anyone interested in reading old match reports.

It is not complete but does make interesting reading.

'Glasgow Herald' (http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=GGgVawPscysC&dat=19580804&b_mode=2)

hibbybrian
30-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Thanks for that D. :thumbsup:

1st interesting read - pity it's not a recent article :greengrin

LHWM
30-04-2010, 06:08 PM
The coverage is a bit haphazard in that there are gaps in the years and the weekend reports don't have all the team line ups, unlike the GH in the 1890s which was better than the Scotsman.

hibbybrian
30-04-2010, 06:16 PM
The coverage is a bit haphazard in that there are gaps in the years and the weekend reports don't have all the team line ups, unlike the GH in the 1890s which was better than the Scotsman.

The Edinburgh Courant has the most detailed reports on the early matches - I have a small collection of early editions from the 1870's to 1880's but they're a bit like hens teeth to get a hold of :greengrin - you don't happen to have a have a link for the Courant online I suppose :boo hoo:

Bayern Bru
30-04-2010, 10:56 PM

I didn't think you were that old LHWM... :greengrin

cheers for the link though, it's made for some interesting reading for someone of my tender years. :thumbsup: