PDA

View Full Version : Paul Simpson...

Broken Gnome
30-04-2010, 01:24 PM
... sacked by Shrewsbury. Just saying :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/shrewsbury/8653604.stm

Toaods
30-04-2010, 04:02 PM
lasted a season longer than Mixu then an dnot bad for a couple of years at a club that was down on it's knees not so very long ago...a Wembley play-off then a near miss.....:wink:

Shrews captain Graham Coughlan told BBC Radio Shropshire: "It's one of those sad things which happens in football. It's unfortunate and sad.
"Make no mistake, Paul is carrying the can for the dressing room."

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 09:46 PM
My Mum was born in Shrewsbury as were my four older siblings (thankfully they'd moved to Leith before I popped out :greengrin) so I watch the Salop from afar and as Toaods says they've had a few near misses of late. I was at the recent Shrewsbury v Lincoln City match and the home fans were not too keen on 'Simmo' who had them in the play off places only to tail off badly as the season neared its end (sound familiar? :wink:)

As an aside, Lincoln had a Leeds Utd loanee leading their attack and he was pretty impressive I have to say. David Somma who's just signed a year extension to his Leeds contract I believe.

MGmick
30-04-2010, 10:03 PM
My Mum was born in Shrewsbury as were my four older siblings (thankfully they'd moved to Leith before I popped out :greengrin) so I watch the Salop from afar and as Toaods says they've had a few near misses of late. I was at the recent Shrewsbury v Lincoln City match and the home fans were not too keen on 'Simmo' who had them in the play off places only to tail off badly as the season neared its end (sound familiar? :wink:)

As an aside, Lincoln had a Leeds Utd loanee leading their attack and he was pretty impressive I have to say. David Somma who's just signed a year extension to his Leeds contract I believe.

Aye right !!!!!!!:wink:

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Aye right !!!!!!!:wink:

I kid you not!!

Myself and my younger brother born in Scotland. Me at Eastern General, him at Simpsons!

MGmick
30-04-2010, 10:06 PM
So not an Elsies bairn between you'se then?

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:15 PM
So not an Elsies bairn between you'se then?

Nope. I suppose the EG was nearer because we lived in Manderston Street at that time

cabbageandribs1875
30-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I kid you not!!

Myself and my younger brother born in Scotland. Me at Eastern General, him at Simpsons!

ditto auld yin:greengrin:cool2:

Jonnyboy
30-04-2010, 10:26 PM
ditto auld yin:greengrin:cool2:

Was the only place to pop out :greengrin

LaMotta
30-04-2010, 10:32 PM
... sacked by Shrewsbury. Just saying :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/shrewsbury/8653604.stm

He is just one of the infinite number of managers who would be never be good enough for Hibs. No doubt he is tactically naive blah blah blah etc etc

Cropley10
01-05-2010, 06:55 AM
Did PS lose 8 games in a row?