PDA

View Full Version : Urgent hibs help/charity contact

Hibee87
30-04-2010, 11:03 AM
Following on form the 'dissapointed with hibs thread'

My dad has asked if I knew or could try and get a signed hibs shirt.

The Edinburgh Prison Officers social club are holding a fundraiser on the 29th of May for the Marie Curie Cancer centre. My gran passed away at the end of last year and was in the Marie Curie hospice, along with myself many people have been affected by losses to cancer and probibly had some dealings with Marie Currie in the past or may well in the future, the organisation has no NHS funding and purely survive on fundraising i dont know the exact figures but im sure its into the thousands of pounds to run a day possible the tens of thousands.
We currently have a signed football and strip donated by heaerts free of charge and would like something from hibs to auction off.

somone within the club was goign to sort this out but has been informed it will cost 45 pound to have a signed shirt (this is purely for signatures nto the top itself as we have one)
however not to have a go at hibs my dad was unsure wheather this person had made it clear that this was for charity or not but does anyone know

A) who to call and or a number
b) a email address who will respond?

Apparenlty hibs and hearts both have some sort of conenction to marie curie and I dont see it being a problem if i could jsut get the right contact details any help would be greatly appreciated

fordie2
30-04-2010, 02:06 PM
If you already have a top mate, you may be quicker hanging on half an hour after the game tomorrow and getting it signed as the players leave? I dunno, maybe thats not an option for you, but it may be a lot quicker than sending the shirt into the club and organising collection etc

I hope you manage to get it sorted and good luck with the fundraising :thumbsup:

Hibee87
30-04-2010, 02:17 PM
If you already have a top mate, you may be quicker hanging on half an hour after the game tomorrow and getting it signed as the players leave? I dunno, maybe thats not an option for you, but it may be a lot quicker than sending the shirt into the club and organising collection etc

I hope you manage to get it sorted and good luck with the fundraising :thumbsup:

Its cool mate ive been adviesd from within the club to get a letter form the prision officers club and a letter of approval/autority for the charity and to pass it to hibs marked for the attention of a Sue Mclernon

standing outside did cross my mind but would rather get it through the proper channel