View Full Version : Decided That I'm Perversely Going To Enjoy The End Of The Season

29-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Strange, as for about two months now I've been praying for this purgatory to end. But with the Yams, Motherwell and Dundee Utd coming up and over in a week, I'm getting oddly enthused again.

I suppose my rationale is that I've suffered this nonsense since the end of January, so I might as well enjoy the end of it, as its over soon. And, I might delusional, but in the OF games I saw the green shoots of recovery.

C'mn Hibs, make it, as the wife once memorably remarked, 'a climax to remember' and storm into Europe, and give me another health-wrecking, costly trip in the sun!

29-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Strange, as for about two months now I've been praying for this purgatory to end. But with the Yams, Motherwell and Dundee Utd coming up and over in a week, I'm getting oddly enthused again.

I suppose my rationale is that I've suffered this nonsense since the end of January, so I might as well enjoy the end of it, as its over soon. And, I might delusional, but in the OF games I saw the green shoots of recovery.

C'mn Hibs, make it, as the wife once memorably remarked, 'a climax to remember' and storm into Europe, and give me another health-wrecking, costly trip in the sun!

That is perverse, Sir Bob. I'll be interested if you hold the same view after the Derby - particularly if we lose!

nickwhibs
29-04-2010, 02:54 PM

I've actually been feeling the same. Have been so down about Hibs over the last couple of months that I feel it's out of my system now. Not sure whether I am actually excited about the next few games or it's just that I'm trying to make myself so there is at least something good left in this strange season. May be back to the doom and gloom after Saturday afternoon depending on the result but I may as well have this 'false' optimsim.

:notworthy:

29-04-2010, 02:59 PM

Could it be because the end is nigh prehoops??

29-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Like Bob, I can't wait for the end of the season.:agree:

29-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Strange. We've all wanted Hibs to be up fighting for Europe and when we are people aren't intetested. Yes, form has been poor but we are in there.

You'd think we qualify for Europe every year.

I think sometimes the fans get the spirit and commitment from the team that they deserve.

29-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Strange. We've all wanted Hibs to be up fighting for Europe and when we are people aren't intetested. Yes, form has been poor but we are in there.

I think sometimes the fans get the spirit and commitment from the team that they deserve.
A win on Saturday will get them going again. Both the fans and the team.

Chuckie
29-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Me too...

When the final whistle blows in the final game, I am going to ram a cactus up my bum...

29-04-2010, 04:46 PM

:agree: I agree andy, i cant understand the hibs support? Me personally, i'm that excited, a little wee escaped yesterday.

29-04-2010, 05:32 PM
:agree: I agree andy, i cant understand the hibs support? Me personally, i'm that excited, a little wee escaped yesterday.

The big 5-0 doesnae come itsel' G :wink: :greengrin

29-04-2010, 06:42 PM

That's the attitude :agree:

Far too many on here seem to think we have some kind of divine right to win all the time. We're not the Old Firm, get a grip. I personally still think we'll finish fourth and I would have happily taken that if i'd been offered it before the season had started. So would the vast majority of posters on here but a few got a wee bit carried away with our form earlier on in the season and can't see past that.

For what it's worth, i'm still behind Yogi.

29-04-2010, 06:48 PM
That's the attitude :agree:

Far too many on here seem to think we have some kind of divine right to win all the time. We're not the Old Firm, get a grip. I personally still think we'll finish fourth and I would have happily taken that if i'd been offered it before the season had started. So would the vast majority of posters on here but a few got a wee bit carried away with our form earlier on in the season and can't see past that.

For what it's worth, i'm still behind Yogi.

:agree: When was the last time we had a chance to qualify for europe with 3 games to go?

29-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Me too...

When the final whistle blows in the final game, I am going to ram a cactus up my bum...Rather unfortunate for the cactus!

29-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Me too...

When the final whistle blows in the final game, I am going to ram a cactus up my bum...

Careful Chuckie...remember Gramo.

29-04-2010, 07:48 PM
:agree: When was the last time we had a chance to qualify for europe with 3 games to go?

2005. What i'd give for another late equalizer from Konte vs Motherwell this year:agree:

29-04-2010, 08:03 PM
2005. What i'd give for another late equalizer from Konte vs Motherwell this year:agree:

Naw this time i'd prefer a winner.

29-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Careful Chuckie...remember Gramo.

To be honest Bob, I think he's better sticking to the cactus.:agree:

29-04-2010, 08:22 PM
That is perverse, Sir Bob. I'll be interested if you hold the same view after the Derby - particularly if we lose!

Quick! Quick! Suppress the positivity!!:cool2: