PDA

View Full Version : Singing, bouncing, havin' a laff, supporting the Hibees

RIP
29-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Now that there's a bunch of East Stand seats for the noisy bar stewards to sit :wink: in, we need to start the ball rolling with radge ideas for a livelier atmosphere.

We dinnae want to create a new fans group or anything too twee. However, the 'Singing Section' is merely a bunch of seats designated by the club to allow mates who sing to sit together. The rest is up tae us fans

The club would like us to get together over the summer to discuss how we can improve the atmosphere in our fine stadium

During May we should all work together i.e HSA, branches, messageboard communities and club management. We should make a list of ideas, either on here or via the eaststand hotmail uk a/c. Elaine Morrison will be our primary point of contact reporting to Fife, Scott & Co.

Hopefully the experience will be a guid crack. I have volunteered to be a point of contact, so if you fancy getting involved - drop me a PM and I'll let you know how you can help. So far we have a wee group of folk who have offered to gie us a hand.

There will be a fans forum at the HSC at 7 pm on the first Thursday in June (June 3rd) to discuss a list of suggestions over a few swallies. Out of that meeting will come a set of specific proposals to take forward with the club

So c'mon - lets hear these ideas? Songs, music, flags, colour, dancin, mad stuff, radgie behaviour

cwilliamson85
29-04-2010, 12:20 PM
I would love to make the new east stand a Hibs version of Liverpool’s Kop.

With massive flags and banners and always full of atmosphere.

Has the club got back to you about letting you keep flags at the ground? I know the Hib.net one is massive and a real hassle to carry to and from games especially if you wish for a pint.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Frazerbob
29-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Now that there's a bunch of East Stand seats for the noisy bar stewards to sit :wink: in, we need to start the ball rolling with radge ideas for a livelier atmosphere.

We dinnae want to create a new fans group or anything too twee. However, the 'Singing Section' is merely a bunch of seats designated by the club to allow mates who sing to sit together. The rest is up tae us fans

The club would like us to get together over the summer to discuss how we can improve the atmosphere in our fine stadium

During May we should all work together i.e HSA, branches, messageboard communities and club management. We should make a list of ideas, either on here or via the eaststand hotmail uk a/c. Elaine Morrison will be our primary point of contact reporting to Fife, Scott & Co.

Hopefully the experience will be a guid crack. I have volunteered to be a point of contact, so if you fancy getting involved - drop me a PM and I'll let you know how you can help. So far we have a wee group of folk who have offered to gie us a hand.

There will be a fans forum at the HSC at 12.30 pm on the last Sunday in May to discuss a list of suggestions over a few swallies. Out of that meeting will come a set of specific proposals to take forward with the club

So c'mon - lets hear these ideas? Songs, music, flags, colour, dancin, mad stuff, radgie behaviour

Are they not too busy chasing Council Tax payments? :wink:

Jack
29-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I’d really like to be there on the 30th May but the Turkish Formula 1 Grand Prix is on the tellybox at 1:00 pm.

Gatecrasher
29-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I like the idea of lockers to put the flags in. Hopefully then we could see the bounce ones and .net ones on a more regular basis

marinello59
29-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I like the idea of lockers to put the flags in. Hopefully then we could see the bounce ones and .net ones on a more regular basis

That is a superb idea. :thumbsup:

RIP
29-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I’d really like to be there on the 30th May but the Turkish Formula 1 Grand Prix is on the tellybox at 1:00 pm.

Actually I am quite relieved that the motor racing takes precedence over the Bounce Uberfan Meeting Session!

We would have struggled tae get a gobbledygook translator at that short notice :greengrin

Could ye no turn up as our Hibs Website celebrity?

Peevemor
29-04-2010, 03:32 PM
That is a superb idea. :thumbsup:

:agree:

Jack
29-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Actually I am quite relieved that the motor racing takes precedence over the Bounce Uberfan Meeting Session!

We would have struggled tae get a gobbledygook translator at that short notice :greengrin

Could ye no turn up as our Hibs Website celebrity?

:cool2:

We'll see, home and abroad I've only missed a couple of GPs in the last 20+ years :sad bugger:

:rolleyes:

oconnors_strip
29-04-2010, 05:55 PM
hibs and football related songs should be played before the game and at half time. from 2.45pm glory glory, hibs heroes etc etc should be played IN FULL! none of the 1 minute crap that currently happens. :grr:

seanraff07
29-04-2010, 07:40 PM
hibs and football related songs should be played before the game and at half time. from 2.45pm glory glory, hibs heroes etc etc should be played IN FULL! none of the 1 minute crap that currently happens. :grr:

I can't stand that, it's like 4 songs crammed into 2 minutes.

What gets played before that? Black Eyed Peas and all the rest of it.:faf:

RIP
01-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Meeting now moved to Thursday 3rd June at 7pm

--------
02-05-2010, 03:04 PM

There will be a fans forum at the HSC at 12.30 pm on the last Sunday in May to discuss a list of suggestions over a few swallies. Out of that meeting will come a set of specific proposals to take forward with the club

How about - the team wins a game now and then?

Or even looks like they're TRYING to win one?

seanraff07
02-05-2010, 04:33 PM
The thing is many of us yesterday did sing, bounce and have a laugh, unfortunately it came to no advantage to the team it appears and they were dire again, still though it makes it more enjoyable when it's a decent atmosphere.:agree:

Mister P
02-05-2010, 11:52 PM
what about:

not a fans group but the current emailing list is used to send out semi regular newsletters informing Easties of new songs, chants, planned GreenDays, etc.

could have regular features kind of like a magazine idea. simple enough to do. create say 5 features and find 1 person for each one who would be willing to create the article. compile say 1 newsletter every 2 weeks (could even do every month :dunno:)

Phanotm blogger (an unknown blogger who writes a review of the previous months matches giving his/her completely unbiased :greengrin opinion. Should be someone a bit mental with a bit of a p***taking sense of humour.

latest songs chants, if everyone is aware of them more chance of them taking off:dunno:

competitions. designing wallpapers or something, winner gets their entry printed and framed or something.

spot the Yam. fans can take photies of any hideous/ridiculous/jakey looking Jambos they see out and about. dunno how that stands with privacy legal issues lol.

you get the idea.

RIP
03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
what about:

not a fans group but the current emailing list is used to send out semi regular newsletters informing Easties of new songs, chants, planned GreenDays, etc.

could have regular features kind of like a magazine idea. simple enough to do. create say 5 features and find 1 person for each one who would be willing to create the article. compile say 1 newsletter every 2 weeks (could even do every month :dunno:)

Phanotm blogger (an unknown blogger who writes a review of the previous months matches giving his/her completely unbiased :greengrin opinion. Should be someone a bit mental with a bit of a p***taking sense of humour.

latest songs chants, if everyone is aware of them more chance of them taking off:dunno:

competitions. designing wallpapers or something, winner gets their entry printed and framed or something.

spot the Yam. fans can take photies of any hideous/ridiculous/jakey looking Jambos they see out and about. dunno how that stands with privacy legal issues lol.

you get the idea.

Added to the list of proposals wi the following points tae consider

The Club are capturing email addresses and building email comms for providing newsletters to supporters (The Hibernian Family)
The HSA. Hibs.Net and Bounce also offer mechanisms for communicating with fans
These organisations do this all year round. This takes dedicated resource. Ask the admins on here, they will tell you
Notwithstanding the majority of singing starts in the East, folk in other stands want to get involved in improving the atmosphere

J - I propose we spend a week ot two consulting with the club and existing supporter bodies in advance of our meeting 3rd June

How does that sound?

NAE NOOKIE
03-05-2010, 04:06 PM
How about a muckle big sign above the Famous Five stand turnstyles which says. Its OK to make a noise in here, its no a bloody library.

Have to admit I get fed up of being one of about 50 folk in the FF who are prepared to sing. And I am 50 years old.

Oot on the streets or in the classroom you canny get kids to shut up, but as soon as they walk through the gate at ER its like they have an off button which automatically kicks in and that goes for most of the adults too.

Perhaps the fans in the East could start singing 'Famous Five we cant hear you !!! 'Famous Five we cant hear you !!!'

How about a bring something that makes a noise day. It could be a laugh and will annoy the crap out of everybody.

:greengrin

mcaitchi
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Personally, I Think Hibs need To Generate More - " Bums on seats "

The " Social Cleansing " within Football stadiums is Horrendus !!!!

Im Lucky that my Disabled Ticket is at a very reasonable price - but what about the thousands of unemployed that attended games back in the 70`s and 80`s and be able to afford to take the kids.

I personally have friends and relatives who have recently lost employment.. and the first thing to go is the season ticket or maybe the odd game that the used to attend.. even my own brother cant afford the £100 quid on tickets and travel and pies and two kids tickets.. - and thats just for an average game..

with the new stand we should be looking to lower ticket prices to help half fill the thing !!!!!!

Oh - iv Just seen that Motherwell have reduced the ticket price for the game to £10 - Thats the price to guarantee bums on seats

aye - and maybe even Create an ATMOSPHERE

Jack
03-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Oh - iv Just seen that Motherwell have reduced the ticket price for the game to £10 - Thats the price to guarantee bums on seats

Bet it doesn't!

Mister P
03-05-2010, 08:44 PM
J - I propose we spend a week ot two consulting with the club and existing supporter bodies in advance of our meeting 3rd June

How does that sound?

Me??:confused:

Jack
03-05-2010, 08:58 PM

Maybe me!

RIP
04-05-2010, 12:07 PM

Oui :greengrin

seanraff07
06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Personally, I Think Hibs need To Generate More - " Bums on seats "

The " Social Cleansing " within Football stadiums is Horrendus !!!!

Im Lucky that my Disabled Ticket is at a very reasonable price - but what about the thousands of unemployed that attended games back in the 70`s and 80`s and be able to afford to take the kids.

I personally have friends and relatives who have recently lost employment.. and the first thing to go is the season ticket or maybe the odd game that the used to attend.. even my own brother cant afford the £100 quid on tickets and travel and pies and two kids tickets.. - and thats just for an average game..

with the new stand we should be looking to lower ticket prices to help half fill the thing !!!!!!

I also heard that they had decided to give out ST to under 16's next season for free, now that is definitely another way to improve numbers coming to games, i think if we introduced something like this then we might just get a bit closer to filling our 3 stands each week. At least i think it would bring our crowds up to about 15,000+ for games outwith the Yams and the OF, hopefully.

RIP
19-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks to everyone currently supporting the activity to improve the atmosphere

The next meeting is Hibs Club Thursday 3rd June at 7pm. The Eaststand hotmail group currently has 170 supporters on the mailing list. About a dozen radges are actively researching Sights (flags/banners/colours), Sounds (PA/amplifiers/music/songs/chants/instruments(honest!), Movement (waves, bounces, surges), other Go Mental activities and How it Works (seating, ticketing, security). This research is covering EPL, Europe, World fitba and other sports. Your input is very welcome.

Support from the club will be key to this. It's our job to provide a guid business case to the board i.e.

Facilities + organisation = better atmosphere = higher attendances = increased income = more money for the team

Meeting with club reps planned for mid-June

Keep those ideas coming folks!

Mister P
19-05-2010, 06:49 PM
I will be there on the 3rd....might be a bit late as I finish work at 7:30 in georgeSt but I'll be there:thumbsup:

Mikey
25-05-2010, 07:45 AM
How about a muckle big sign above the Famous Five stand turnstyles which says. Its OK to make a noise in here, its no a bloody library.

Have to admit I get fed up of being one of about 50 folk in the FF who are prepared to sing. And I am 50 years old.

Sounds like you're the very type who should be moving to the singing section. Anyone who likes to make a noise and have a sing song should ge getting themselves over there.

It's not going to happen itself. It's up to us do make it work!

ginger_rice
25-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Sounds like you're the very type who should be moving to the singing section. Anyone who likes to make a noise and have a sing song should ge getting themselves over there.

It's not going to happen itself. It's up to us do make it work!

This sounds good..improved atmosphere can only have a positive effect. After years of sitting in the FF West and more recently as a pay at the gate in the Dunbar End ( I refuse to call it the South), I reckon I'm going to head back to the East in future. :thumbsup:

Mikey
26-05-2010, 08:00 AM
This sounds good..improved atmosphere can only have a positive effect. After years of sitting in the FF West and more recently as a pay at the gate in the Dunbar End ( I refuse to call it the South), I reckon I'm going to head back to the East in future. :thumbsup:

You can do it right now. Seats are on sale for that area and there's no priority.

Get in there :wink:

Lmc2105
26-05-2010, 06:30 PM
A few comitee members of Edin&Livi HSC and also members will be attending your meeting next week

RoYO!
27-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Has anyone who has renewed recently got any idea of how many seats have been sold in this section? Or anyone else for that matter

RIP
28-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Has anyone who has renewed recently got any idea of how many seats have been sold in this section? Or anyone else for that matter

We might find out from club management at our meeting on Friday 4th.

However this is really just the start of the process. Without bulk buying everyone's just gonna be sat beside a bunch of strangers. That doesn't encourage singing.

It really won't be a true singing section until groups buy tickets together. Either bunches of mates, HSA branches, families. So one topic to float at Thursday's forum is to look at ways of allocating tickets to an area, rather than a seat or selling tickets block by block. There's probably more options than that.

This is where research comes in - to find out how this is approached in other countries, other sports. We need to bring fresh ideas about ticketing - because the combination of all-seated stadia and individual seat allocation is what killed a lot of the atmosphere in the first place.

Baldy Foghorn
28-05-2010, 10:06 AM
In general I can't understand this all to be honest......

If people want to sing at games they will, without coercion from groups. I attend every match with the sole purpose of WATCHING the match..... You can't do this fully if you are singing and bouncing IMO.....

When we score it takes me a minute just to catch my breath never mind bouncing for most of the game....

All in my opinion of course....

Gatecrasher
28-05-2010, 01:20 PM

If people want to sing at games they will, without coercion from groups. I attend every match with the sole purpose of WATCHING the match..... You can't do this fully if you are singing and bouncing IMO.....

When we score it takes me a minute just to catch my breath never mind bouncing for most of the game....

i think your comments would be fair enough if there was a decent atmosphere at ER but ther hasnt been for 3 or 4 years now, it might just be something like this to kick start it again.

with the new stand its a good oppertunity:agree:

Antifa Hibs
28-05-2010, 02:15 PM

Different strokes for different folks.

I attend every match with the purpose of catching up with family/friends, having a good bevvy, having a laugh, having a sing song etc etc.

Any ideas of improving the atmospheres at home and away matches will be very welcomed by me :thumbsup:

RIP
28-05-2010, 03:19 PM

To me it's a bit like folk who need a bevvy to watch a game. I don't. But maybe it's not important for us all to be the same?

I went to a gig last Thursday. Some bams were in the mosh pit, stripped to the waist, chucking beer and passing some loon over their heads. Some were at the walls, detached taking it all in. Others, like me, were centre stage bouncing up and down and joining in the songs.

All of us went home happy

Vive la difference!!:thumbsup:

hibs0666
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
How did the forum go then?

California-Hibs
04-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah how did it go? Are there going to be any further plans put in place?

craig1875
04-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Not read the thread but the singing secting will be in the top left hand corner as you look at the stand. From there it will be almost imposible to see the away support. Wouldn't it be better if you could see who you were trying to wind up? :confused:

Mikey
05-06-2010, 09:49 AM
So what's your next step? This has to be kept moving.

The 170 people on the mailing list need to be kept up to date. Send regular messages telling them what's happening, and more importantly giving them ticketing information. Make sure they know how to get a ticket for that area. If you don't have something useful to tell them make something up. Keep them involved.

Is there a facebook page? If so keep it updated too. If there isn't, do one!

The single most important thing just now is getting people to buy tickets for that area, whether it be season tickets or walk ups.

Stew the Hibee
06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Not read the thread but the singing secting will be in the top left hand corner as you look at the stand. From there it will be almost imposible to see the away support. Wouldn't it be better if you could see who you were trying to wind up? :confused:

It's not about winding up the away fans though, its about backing Hibs. Surely the players would rather have a song about them than one laughing at the other fans?

Like I've said guys, this is our chance to show our commitment, our passion and our desire for Hibs, let's get this going :thumbsup:

RIP
06-06-2010, 10:01 PM
So what's your next step? This has to be kept moving.

The 170 people on the mailing list need to be kept up to date. Send regular messages telling them what's happening, and more importantly giving them ticketing information. Make sure they know how to get a ticket for that area. If you don't have something useful to tell them make something up. Keep them involved.

Is there a facebook page? If so keep it updated too. If there isn't, do one!

The single most important thing just now is getting people to buy tickets for that area, whether it be season tickets or walk ups.

We were two last week, eleven now. By next week we will be twenty activists. Anyone else fancy a piece of the action? :greengrin

Dunfermline, European Tie and Carlisle to get organised for

Antifa Hibs
07-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Gutted to have not to make it. Do nightshifts on Thursday.... (I'm sure there will be other ones in the future?)

Anyway, did anyone ask about storage and use of flags and banners? i.e having lockers in the concourse to store them or being allowed to keep them up all season along the back wall?

BTW Aberdeen are using the '12th man' names aswell for their group thingy? Surely as Hibbys we can come up with something more original than that? :agree::wink:

Mikey
07-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Gutted to have not to make it. Do nightshifts on Thursday.... (I'm sure there will be other ones in the future?)

Anyway, did anyone ask about storage and use of flags and banners? i.e having lockers in the concourse to store them or being allowed to keep them up all season along the back wall?

BTW Aberdeen are using the '12th man' names aswell for their group thingy? Surely as Hibbys we can come up with something more original than that? :agree::wink:

Yes.

Not allowed due to security issues. Fife is going to see if anything can be done to change that but don't expect it to change.

Antifa Hibs
07-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes.

Not allowed due to security issues. Fife is going to see if anything can be done to change that but don't expect it to change.

Security? :confused:

What one? the lockers idea or flags up all season idea? Or both?

Mikey
07-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Security? :confused:

What one? the lockers idea or flags up all season idea? Or both?

It's to do with terrorism actually. They can't allow us to put big rucksacks with flags in them in the stand just in case someone stuffs a bomb in there.

Don't blame the club, they're just following the rules.

DC_Hibs
07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
It's to do with terrorism actually. They can't allow us to put big rucksacks with flags in them in the stand just in case someone stuffs a bomb in there.

Don't blame the club, they're just following the rules.

Must be UK rules as there are fan containers in Frankfurt where the Ultras keep all their flags.

Easy for the club to control by keeping the keys and inspecting what is placed in there but no doubt this has been looked into and is not possible.

Pretty impressed with the organisation of this but as mentioned before it needs lots more people to actually get involved -not from behind their keyboard - as the poor meeting turnout already showed. There's only so much the organisers can do also, it will need a change of mindset from a lot of fans also.

This comes from one of the few fans who sits on their erse during all Bundesliga games and contributes F all to atmosphere!!

Mikey
07-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Must be UK rules as there are fan containers in Frankfurt where the Ultras keep all their flags.

And there are some clubs in the UK that do it too.

Hibs don't use loopholes or bend the rules though. They're determined to make the place fully UEFA compliant so that it can be used regularly for Scotland U21 matches.

Fife is double checking but I wouldn't expect any change to this.

RIP
07-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Flags up all season is a definite goer but needs developed with club. Watch this space

Lockers not immediate but not 100% dead. Needs proper risk assessment. Maybe later.

We are focused on the close season and what will work now

Once immediate actions are agreed we can build up the other stuff

As John (Mister P) wisely recommended - plan week to week, event to event

Antifa mate - yer on our radar. The list of activists is growing fast and WE NEED YOU

12thMan is a temporary campaign - not a permanent group. Sure other clubs use it but Hibs had it first. Ever wondered why the squad had no Number 12 last season??:cool2:

RIP
07-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Easy for the club to control by keeping the keys and inspecting what is placed in there but no doubt this has been looked into and is not possible.

Pretty impressed with the organisation of this but as mentioned before it needs lots more people to actually get involved -not from behind their keyboard - as the poor meeting turnout already showed. There's only so much the organisers can do also, it will need a change of mindset from a lot of fans also.

This comes from one of the few fans who sits on their erse during all Bundesliga games and contributes F all to atmosphere!!

1 week ago we had 2 activists. After the meeting we had 10. Now we have 15. None of us are stuck behind our keyboards. We are busy.

No bad progress fer a week

Most campaigns start with a couple of mates posting on a messageboard..............

Mister P
07-06-2010, 11:52 PM
what I've learned over the years, life seems to go by the 20/80 rule

in any effort, personal, work, other, 20% of the people will do 80% of the work, and 80% of the people do 20% of the work. just look round your own workplaces and you'll see that's true:agree:

what we have here is a concept that many (not all right enough) think is a worth while effort, but only 20% of those people if you're lucky will physically make any effort, or believe in it enough, to do anything about it.
There's talkers and there's do'ers....I know what I am :wink:

bubblesmorrison
08-06-2010, 08:49 PM
what can i do to help?

Lmc2105
08-06-2010, 08:56 PM
what can i do to help?

get in touch with 49 years a hibee mate and am sure he will give you a job good to see you are keen to help welcome to the group :notworthy:

Jack
09-06-2010, 12:15 PM
what can i do to help?

If you can be at the Traverse Theatre tonight at 6:15, we're handing out leaflets.

That would be helpful to start with :agree: