PDA

View Full Version : yogi to risk hogg

brydekirk
29-04-2010, 06:58 AM
yogi to risk hogg for the derby, why ?. after thicots performance at CH against the huns, i though he would be deserving of a start. thoughts.

lyonhibs
29-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Source??

Playing Hogg full stop - regardless of injury or otherwise - is a bit of a risk these days, with his form and confidence shot to pieces.

Thicot is definitely deserving of a start IMO.

brydekirk
29-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Source??

Playing Hogg full stop - regardless of injury or otherwise - is a bit of a risk these days, with his form and confidence shot to pieces.

Thicot is definitely deserving of a start IMO.
official site

KWJ
29-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Surely he can only start if he's playing right back. Thicot and Hanlon definetly need to be given a shot in the middle after their 2nd half performance.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2010, 07:13 AM
yogi to risk hogg for the derby, why ?. after thicots performance at CH against the huns, i though he would be deserving of a start. thoughts.

Maybe needs to play Thicot at right back as McCormack is suspended!

K.Marx
29-04-2010, 07:14 AM

Maybe starting Thicot at RB cos of McCormacks suspension?

K.Marx
29-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Maybe needs to play Thicot at right back as McCormack is suspended!

Maybe starting Thicot at RB cos of McCormacks suspension?

"great minds...:cool2:

Steve20
29-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Thicot is a nightmare at right back. Far better in the centre.

matty_f
29-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Surprised nobody's mentioned this already, but maybe he needs to play Thicot at right back because McCormack's suspended :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm wondering if he might need thicot for the right back berth, i have not seen that mentioned anywhere.:confused: But i'm sure Darren McCormack is suspended.

Bayern Bru
29-04-2010, 07:33 AM
I don't think he'll be risking McCann for the right back position, and as McCormack is suspended, I imagine what he'll do is play Thicot there. Surely I'm not alone in thinking this?

pedroorange1875
29-04-2010, 07:38 AM
Does anyone know if McCormack is suspended for the hearts game?

rainman
29-04-2010, 07:40 AM
DVZ was sold when Yogi first came in. I don't think McCann is 100% fit yet and i believe McCormack is suspended for the derby.

Hogg might have to be risked if Thicot has to play right back? :confused:

lapsedhibee
29-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Letting HKT go was always going to come back and bite us, and now that McCormack's suspended, I'm wondering if Thicot will have to play right back? :dunno:

H18sry
29-04-2010, 07:57 AM
I think Hoggy may have to play RB because one punch is suspended and Thicot is head and shoulders above Hogg as a center half.

bighairyfaeleith
29-04-2010, 08:10 AM
I have a sneaky suspicion that thicot will be at RB due to mccormack being suspended. Sorry if anyone has mentioned this already :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
29-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Tin Hat on time but Thicot may be put in at RB and Hoggy in at CB as "One Punch" is suspended:tin hat:

Sylar
29-04-2010, 08:38 AM
McCormack's suspended?!

Happy f***ing days! :thumbsup:

Wilson
29-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Thicot will be right back with Darren McCormack's suspenders.

H18sry
29-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Thicot will be right back wearing Darren McCormack's suspenders.

Sorted:wink:

BT58
29-04-2010, 08:50 AM
who played at rb when we were winning all the games at the start of the season?????????
i know that zouma is out ,,but, but put wotherspoon back there for the last 3 games
then you can have thicot+hanlon as the centre backs
also we must surely have more than 3 in midfield against the tarts
hb

Expecting Rain
29-04-2010, 08:58 AM
If Hogg was fully fit i wouldn`t play him.

J-C
29-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Just to let you all know, McCormack I think is suspended and he'll maybe have to play Thicot at RB and play Hogg even though he's not match fit, for what it's worth, I don't think he'll play McCann just yet. I love being the first with this information. :greengrin

WindyMiller
29-04-2010, 09:01 AM
If Hogg was fully fit i wouldn`t play him.

Best post ever!
:agree:

JimBHibees
29-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Put Wotherspoon back to right back and leave Thicot and Hanlon in the middle with Miller (hopefully fit) ahead of them on the right. Hogg aint worth gambling over that is for sure.

Cocaine&Caviar
29-04-2010, 10:23 AM
_________________Smith

Wotherspoon___Hogg___Hanlon___Murray

_________________Thicot
_____________Miller____Rankin

Or could easily switch to having Thicot as sweeper and put Murray and Spoon to Wing Backs.

bawheid
29-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Put Wotherspoon back to right back and leave Thicot and Hanlon in the middle with Miller (hopefully fit) ahead of them on the right. Hogg aint worth gambling over that is for sure.

I prefer your football postings to your political ones. :greengrin

JimBHibees
29-04-2010, 10:44 AM

I prefer your football postings to your political ones. :greengrin

Ditto. I am no expert in either. :greengrin

scoopyboy
29-04-2010, 11:15 AM
He might just tinker with a 3-5-2.

Hogg Thicot and Hanlon being the three, with Wotherspoon and Murray as wing backs.

If Hogg has to go off then revert to 4 at the back.

Sylar
29-04-2010, 11:25 AM
This should be easy to predict then:

Smith
Thicot Hogg Murray Hanlon
Wotherspoon Miller Rankin
Riordan Stokes Nish

Anything other than 4-3-3 just won't happen.

--------
29-04-2010, 01:33 PM
who played at rb when we were winning all the games at the start of the season?????????
i know that zouma is out ,,but, but put wotherspoon back there for the last 3 games
then you can have thicot+hanlon as the centre backs
also we must surely have more than 3 in midfield against the tarts
hb

Wotherspoon, Thicot, Hanlon, Murray would seem to me to be the most logical back four in Bamba's absence. Thicot IIRC is a few years younger than Hogg - I would tell Hogg to find another club and get Thicot on an extended contract.

McCormack isn't a full-back and playing him there will only do damage - however, he's a more than decent prospect at centre-back and should be retained as a first reserve, on the bench.

Next season, David Wotherspoon should be moved into midfield - that's where we need his strength and quality, and that's his natural position.

We MUST sign a decent right-back this summer - we've plowtered about far too long 'making do' with players playing out of position there. We need to make up our mind about McCann - is he fit for the job or not? If not, sadly, I think we need to release him. If yes, get him playing, even as a sub.

We DO NOT require to sign any more goalkeepers. Sort out the pecking order of the four we have would be more like.

Strikers? Either re-sign Benji, or release him. If we keep him, we should play him regularly - Stokes, Riordan and Benji are all quality players when they're on song.

Murray for team captain; vice-captain McBride. And sort out which of the midfield players we want to keep, which we release. I'm thinking of Rankin, Cregg and Stevenson in particular - we don't need more than one of those IMO, along with one better player to replace the other two, if you see what I mean.

But I REALLY hope Yogi doesn't play Hogg against the Yams. Leave as much alone as possible of the team that finished against the Beasts.

Dunbar Hibee
29-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Just to clear things up.. is McCormack suspended? If this is the case we may have to play Thicot in the right back position! You heard it here first.

woodythehibee
29-04-2010, 03:45 PM
_________________Smith

Wotherspoon___Hogg___Hanlon___Murray

_________________Thicot
_____________Miller____Rankin

Or could easily switch to having Thicot as sweeper and put Murray and Spoon to Wing Backs.

i would play spoony RB since McCormack is suspended :agree:

Toaods
29-04-2010, 05:03 PM
All these names being banded about for right back... is Sneddon suspended?

--------
29-04-2010, 05:05 PM

Rab Kilgour? :cool2:

Chuckie
29-04-2010, 05:24 PM
What's the chances of Bamba getting his hair extended and pleated, and we could pretend he is Thicot?

He'd have to tuck in his bottom lip mind...

matty_f
29-04-2010, 08:19 PM

:hilarious:

seanraff07
29-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Whether Hogg is injured or not, my defence would be..

Wotherspoon, Thicot, Hanlon, Murray.

Speedway
30-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Whether Hogg is injured or not, my defence would be..

Wotherspoon, Thicot, Hanlon, Murray.

No McCormack?

seanraff07
30-04-2010, 03:47 PM
No McCormack?

Is he not suspended?

lyonhibs
30-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Is he not suspended?

Aye, but if he wasn't he'd be nowhere near my team at RB.

woodythehibee
30-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Is he not suspended?

heard on the radio tonight that he's suspended, no mention of it anywhere else though so not sure if it's true...

i would not be surprised if Mccormack lined up at RB tomorrow :agree: