PDA

View Full Version : Lee Carsley

Stevie Reid
28-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I appreciate that his age doesn't exactly fit with Yogi's 'best years' criteria and that he has missed a lot of games through injury this year, but he is exactly the type of midfield terrier that we need, quality player - in fact, Thomas Graavesen once joked that he thought that Real Madrid had signed the wrong bald guy when the two were in the same Everton team.

I appreciate that Championship clubs will probably seek him and blow us out the water on wages but you never know, Hibs may be the challenge that he says he would relish: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8648803.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/birmingham_city/8648803.stm)

Cocaine&Caviar
28-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Bizzare that he's played 47 games exactly for Everton, Blackburn and Coventry.

DC_Hibs
28-04-2010, 05:10 PM
A long time ago in a land far away........

DH1875
28-04-2010, 05:23 PM
No thanks, not for me.

EskbankHibby
28-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Don't fancy Carsley but could do with his 'type' imo, Gattuso would be ideal and i'm sure Petrie will do the right thing and open his wallet.

Wotherspiniesta
28-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Would be a good signing for a couple of seasons IMO.

Can't see it though.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2010, 07:02 PM
There's more chance of Lee majors signing.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Nah, didn't do much at Celtic to be honest, and that was a few years ago.

crewetollhibee
28-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Nah, didn't do much at Celtic to be honest, and that was a few years ago.
Think you are getting mixed up too. It was Gravesen who played for the Smellick. :wink:

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Think you are getting mixed up too. It was Gravesen who played for the Smellick. :wink:

Getting mixed up completely, must be cause their both baldy in the same position.:confused::faf:

Wotherspiniesta
28-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Getting mixed up completely, must be cause their both baldy in the same position.:confused::faf:

Yeah, their heads :doh:

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah, their heads :doh:

Yep, wasn't talking about down below or anything.:faf:

bobbyhibs1983
28-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Don't fancy Carsley but could do with his 'type' imo, Gattuso would be ideal and i'm sure Petrie will do the right thing and open his wallet.

now now, we are taking about petrie here,mr petrie, sir petire and to a select few... rod

As you say he ll do the decent thing and open his wallet and then quick as you like close it again and will smile knowing he has saved a penny or two today

Oscar Lomax
28-04-2010, 09:18 PM

:faf: Exactly.....pointless thread but comical at the same time !!!!

Oscar Lomax
28-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Gone are the days when mediocre English players come up here and get decent wages, get noticed and head back down. The Championship and lower leagues are too appealing to them.
Look at Lee Naylor....14k a week + Bonusses....what a joke....the guy is average beyond belief !!!

sahib
28-04-2010, 09:33 PM

They should put their heads together and make a complete arse of themselves.

heretoday
29-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Carsely is not very good. That's why the Toffs got rid of him.

SidBurns
29-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Carsely is not very good. That's why the Toffs got rid of him.

No it's not. Carsley wanted to move to Birmingham for family reasons, think his missus was from there or summit. Anyway, no chance of him coming to us for various reasons including the above.

PS - My 500th post, WOOHOO! :thumbsup:

BonnieFitbaTeam
29-04-2010, 10:23 AM

That would be brilliant; we've been lacking a bit of pace for ages now !

Although to be fair, $6m is a little out of our price range.

Stevie Reid
29-04-2010, 10:37 AM

I did say in my first post that I felt myself that it was highly unlikely, but you never know. I know what my first reaction was when I first saw us linked to Antony Stokes last year.

JimBHibees
29-04-2010, 10:50 AM
That would be brilliant; we've been lacking a bit of pace for ages now !

Although to be fair, $6m is a little out of our price range.

:top marks :faf:

heretoday
29-04-2010, 01:54 PM
No it's not. Carsley wanted to move to Birmingham for family reasons, think his missus was from there or summit. Anyway, no chance of him coming to us for various reasons including the above.

PS - My 500th post, WOOHOO! :thumbsup:

Well done, Sir!

I am an Everton watcher and I can say with confidence that he was definitely surplus to requirements. He is a good player without question but a squaddie rather than a main man..

andrew70
29-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Well done, Sir!

I am an Everton watcher and I can say with confidence that he was definitely surplus to requirements. He is a good player without question but a squaddie rather than a main man..

Your probably right but that is based on the English Premier League, I've no doubts he'd stroll the SPL. Steven Davis was useless for Villa and Fulham now he's one of the better SPL players.

heretoday
29-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Your probably right but that is based on the English Premier League, I've no doubts he'd stroll the SPL. Steven Davis was useless for Villa and Fulham now he's one of the better SPL players.

You are right. Mind you a lot of players could "stroll it" in the SPL. That is the sorry state the game up here has got itself into.

I've just watched a rerun of Celtic beating Inter in 1967 to win the EC. It's like a different world.