PDA

View Full Version : Graham Dorrans/Livi FC

Cocaine&Caviar
28-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Its been well documented how good a season Graham Dorrans has had at WBA, scoring 17 goals and controlling their midfield, making it into the CCC Team of the Year. West Ham have had a bid of £4m rejected, and theres talk of him costing as much as £12m!

This got me thinking, and mentioned on another thread the success in recent years of Livingston for producing players that have gone onto other things. Snodgrass is very highly rated at Leeds, Murray Davidson has been tipped for an international call up, and Griffiths is having a good season at Dundee, and is tipped for great things.

Also, yesterday Middlesbrough agreed a fee of about £250k for Andrew Halliday, 19 years old.

So, I ask, where are they finding all these gems? HAve they got anyone else we could pick up? How gutted must they be they sold Dorrans' 20% sell on fee for £50k last summer?

bob12345
28-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I think the fact that folk know first team football is a genuine possibility there certainly plays a part. From what I hear they still have a couple of exciting prospects. Playing in the 3rd division will have done the world of good for all of their young players that were coming through, rather than sitting on the bench in the 1st.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2010, 04:15 PM
The Italian owner they had certainly did his best to strip them to the bone by pocketing that dough for the sell on clause before he sodded off.

renato
28-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Its been well documented how good a season Graham Dorrans has had at WBA, scoring 17 goals and controlling their midfield, making it into the CCC Team of the Year. West Ham have had a bid of £4m rejected, and theres talk of him costing as much as £12m!

This got me thinking, and mentioned on another thread the success in recent years of Livingston for producing players that have gone onto other things. Snodgrass is very highly rated at Leeds, Murray Davidson has been tipped for an international call up, and Griffiths is having a good season at Dundee, and is tipped for great things.

Also, yesterday Middlesbrough agreed a fee of about £250k for Andrew Halliday, 19 years old.

So, I ask, where are they finding all these gems? HAve they got anyone else we could pick up? How gutted must they be they sold Dorrans' 20% sell on fee for £50k last summer?

Your kidding? :shocked:

Which bright spark agreed to that :doh:

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Scotland could have a half decent team in a few years.:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Maybe, just maybe, Scotland could have a half decent team in a few years.:greengrinNo chance kenny miller will have retired by then meaning we have no chance of ever getting to the world cup again.:wink:

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:37 PM
No chance kenny miller will have retired by then meaning we have no chance of ever getting to the world cup again.:wink:

Suppose, we won't have that poacher anymore that takes his chances at every opportunity.:boo hoo:

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Suppose, we won't have that poacher anymore that takes his chances at every opportunity.:boo hoo:Yeh but atleast we still have Barry ferguson,the scottish Fabregas.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeh but atleast we still have Barry ferguson,the scottish Fabregas.

and ready to fill his boots, Kevin Thomson.

easty
28-04-2010, 07:46 PM

They think he's the dogs testicles down here!! The few occasions when they arent taking the piss out of scottish football (monkey tennis I've heard it called a few times) they are talking up Snodgrass as thier best player.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:46 PM
and ready to fill his boots, Kevin Thomson.

What about Brian Kerr?

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 07:47 PM
and ready to fill his boots, Kevin Thomson.Dont forget the youthfull energy of Graham alexander.

Crist we have a team here.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Dont forget the youthfull energy of Graham alexander.

every one of them dedicated professionals and teetotalers, even the youngsters, see Kevin McDonald.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:52 PM
every one of them dedicated professionals and teetotalers, even the youngsters, see Kevin McDonald.

I think he was from Newcastle, shame that, he wouldve been excellent for Scotland.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-04-2010, 07:57 PM
I think he was from Newcastle, shame that, he wouldve been excellent for Scotland.

You must be thinking of a different KM, here is the one im referring to:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/giles_smith/article7093438.ece

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Your kidding? :shocked: Which bright spark agreed to that :doh:See my earlier post - Angello Massone.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:58 PM
You must be thinking of a different KM, here is the one im referring to:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/giles_smith/article7093438.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/giles_smith/article7093438.ece)

Ah him, i thought you were talking about the guy that was at us about 2002 as a youngster.

Why hasn't he been called up previously if he plays for Burnley?

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Ah him, i thought you were talking about the guy that was at us about 2002 as a youngster.

Why hasn't he been called up previously if he plays for Burnley?Remeber who we had in charge for 2 years.

Will most likely get a call up soon as has been quite good for burnley this season.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Remeber who we had in charge for 2 years.

Will most likely get a call up soon as has been quite good for burnley this season.

Exactly my point, saying it's a loss was a bit of sarcasm as Blobby was in charge at that point.

Hopefully, what age is he?

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Exactly my point, saying it's a loss was a bit of sarcasm as Blobby was in charge at that point.

Hopefully, what age is he?21 i think

Been in u21s for a while now.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:13 PM
21 i think

Been in u21s for a while now.

Wasn't aware that he was so young.

Who does he think he is though leaving after being subbed at half-time?

Jeez, only Mikey Stewart is allowed to do that.:bitchy:

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Wasn't aware that he was so young.

Who does he think he is though leaving after being subbed at half-time?

Jeez, only Mikey Stewart is allowed to do that.:bitchy:It was wrong but i do understand why he did it.

5-0 down and completely outplayed im surprised he was the only one.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:18 PM
It was wrong but i do understand why he did it.

5-0 down and completely outplayed im surprised he was the only one.

At least he made an apology for doing it aswell.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 08:21 PM
At least he made an apology for doing it aswell.Yeh

Brian laws came out and said he was an idiot and a stupid boy after is aswell witch was out of order IMO

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeh

Brian laws came out and said he was an idiot and a stupid boy after is aswell witch was out of order IMO

Maybe a bit harsh, Brian Laws has been a dissapointment as manager and shouldn't have appointed someone who has such little experience and none as a manager in the Prem.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Maybe a bit harsh, Brian Laws has been a dissapointment as manager and shouldn't have appointed someone who has such little experience and none as a manager in the Prem.Lets be honest,he is a **** manager and everyone knew they would go down when he went there.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Lets be honest,he is a **** manager and everyone knew they would go down when he went there.

Yep, i don't think he was anything brilliant at Wednesday and Burnley just rushed themselves into appointing someone.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Yep, i don't think he was anything brilliant at Wednesday and Burnley just rushed themselves into appointing someone.Yep

They should have gone for someone to keep them up on a short term deal then rebuild in the summer.

Also should have waited to make a permanaint desision as laws made 2 silly signings(cort and fox)for 3m combined and 3m is a massive part of burnleys buget so would have been better waiting and giving the new man more money to spend.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Yep

They should have gone for someone to keep them up on a short term deal then rebuild in the summer.

Also should have waited to make a permanaint desision as laws made 2 silly signings(cort and fox)for 3m combined and 3m is a massive part of burnleys buget so would have been better waiting and giving the new man more money to spend.

Yep, even someone like Steve Coppell would have been a decent appointment IMO.

Hull made the same mistake, appointed Iain Dowie who i don't rate at all.

Oscar Lomax
28-04-2010, 08:47 PM

It's more annoying that Hibs let these players slip from there grasp, playing 20 miles from Easter Road !!! Dont we send any scouts to watch these young guys? The amount off talent that has left Livingston in the last few years is incredible. They are so cash strapped that any decent offer would not have been refused !!! Instead we sign mediocrity from Falkirk and Inverness.....:bitchy:

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Yep, even someone like Steve Coppell would have been a decent appointment IMO.

Hull made the same mistake, appointed Iain Dowie who i don't rate at all.Yeh good should on coppel there.

Also no body can realy blame dowie for hull going down even if he is a crappy manager as a)there not actualy down yet lol and b)brown didnt exactly help things by buying alot of crap players(like moyokolo and hessilink)and giving that silly team talk on pitch at man city.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Yeh good should on coppel there.

Also no body can realy blame dowie for hull going down even if he is a crappy manager as a)there not actualy down yet lol and b)brown didnt exactly help things by buying alot of crap players(like moyokolo and hessilink)and giving that silly team talk on pitch at man city.

Good point, i think they will be going down now though and i didn't think Brown deserved his sacking, although it was careless of him signing players like them, especially a guy that toils to score in the SPL. And i'm sure they had about 12 straight defeats after that half-time team talk.

The Modfather
28-04-2010, 09:02 PM
Dont forget the youthfull energy of Graham alexander.

What's with the thread hijacking lads, thought this was about Livi and there youth development, not have a pop at the national team.

Away and boil yer heeds! :devil:

'Mon the national team!

Cocaine&Caviar
28-04-2010, 09:11 PM
It's more annoying that Hibs let these players slip from there grasp, playing 20 miles from Easter Road !!! Dont we send any scouts to watch these young guys? The amount off talent that has left Livingston in the last few years is incredible. They are so cash strapped that any decent offer would not have been refused !!! Instead we sign mediocrity from Falkirk and Inverness.....:bitchy:

Who in the last 5 years have we picked up from the Scottish lower divisions?

Plenty from France, Australia and England. Look at the success Dundee Utd have had with this, ie Gomis, Bauben and Swanson.

MWHIBBIES
28-04-2010, 09:12 PM
What's with the thread hijacking lads, thought this was about Livi and there youth development, not have a pop at the national team.

Away and boil yer heeds! :devil:

'Mon the national team!:faf:

I agree with people about why we arent getting some of these young players or atlest targeting them as they are great players.

Halliday will be a good player in the future i think,saw him as few times as i live near to livi stadium so go sometimes as looks a good prospect.