PDA

View Full Version : Benji, contracts and a few porkies.

Bayern Bru
28-04-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6120731,00.html

Sky Sports running a story (admittedly sourced from the Daily ******, so God knows how plausible it is) about Benji being unsure if he's being offered a new contract at Hibs.

I don't know what is happening regarding my contract. If Hibs want me to stay, will I be happy to stay? Yes. I've never wanted to leave Hibs. I am very happy at the club.

IIRC he wasn't too keen about staying here last year.

I'm not sure whether Hughes sees him in his plans - I've heard rumours that both Benji and Zouma are to sign for North African teams during the summer (nothing concrete) and what with the Plymouth boss not expecting Gow to return, I wonder whether Hughes has deemed him surplus to requirements.

Can't say I'd be devastated - whilst I've got a bit of a soft spot for Benji (and it's true that he's scored some crackers for us, e.g. Hearts on his debut and the two in the CIS final), I don't think he's not got 'it,' and he's not (and isn't ever likely to IMO) contributing 20+ goals a season for us...

Would we miss him if he was to go?

Mon Dieu4
28-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Sky Sports running a story (admittedly sourced from the Daily ******, so God knows how plausible it is) about Benji being unsure if he's being offered a new contract at Hibs.

I'm not sure whether Hughes sees him in his plans - I've heard rumours that both Benji and Zouma are to sign for North African teams during the summer (nothing concrete) and what with the Plymouth boss not expecting Gow to return, I wonder whether Hughes has deemed him surplus to requirements.

Can't say I'd be devastated - whilst I've got a bit of a soft spot for Benji (and it's true that he's scored some crackers for us, e.g. Hearts on his debut and the two in the CIS final), I don't think he's not got 'it,' and he's not (and isn't ever likely to IMO) contributing 20+ goals a season for us...

Would we miss him if he was to go?

We dont have many players the calibre of Benji who I rate as our best alround striker BTW, Would love to see him getting another years deal and a better run in the team.

I know he has had his troubles in the past but he is a genuine talent & I think he should have played a bigger part this season, I await the usual inconsistant, he isnt interested replies

DC_Hibs
28-04-2010, 11:31 AM
he's scored some crackers for us, e.g. Hearts on his debut

If only.............

nickwhibs
28-04-2010, 11:31 AM
We dont have many players the calibre of Benji who I rate as our best alround striker BTW, Would love to see him getting another years deal and a better run in the team.

I know he has had his troubles in the past but he is a genuine talent & I think he should have played a bigger part this season, I await the usual inconsistant, he isnt interested replies

Totally agree :agree:

hibsbollah
28-04-2010, 11:44 AM

I know he has had his troubles in the past but he is a genuine talent & I think he should have played a bigger part this season

:top marks

Bayern Bru
28-04-2010, 11:50 AM

Can't argue with that. :agree:

Billychaotic182
28-04-2010, 11:55 AM

Spot on

scoopyboy
28-04-2010, 12:01 PM
I think Benji has had chances this season when he has started games but he hasn't taken them.

Surely if he was our best all round striker then his goals tally would be higher.

strangler
28-04-2010, 12:05 PM
He's inconsistant and he isn't interested.

Gatecrasher
28-04-2010, 12:07 PM
awrite tin hat on here

I dont see where this "We dont have many players the calibre of Benji" has come from :confused:

ok he hasn't started a lot of games this season but even if you forget whats happened in the past, the times he has been on the park he has produced next to nothing this season, What is it 3 goals with 2 of them pens???

Most of the time he doesnt even look like creating or scoring a goal, a lot of people like benji on here and im not going to challenge that but i dont see where he can contribute if he has more seasons like this one. i would rather we cut our ties with him and both parties can move forward because as far as i can see it isn't working. :tin hat::offski:

Holmesdale Hibs
28-04-2010, 12:19 PM

You'll see alot of them because he has been inconsistent since he joined Hibs and wasn't interested in playing for us last season.

Wouldn't argue that he has genuine talent but only useful if you apply it. This season was his chance to earn a new contract and kick-start his Hibs career and he's not really done either.

Not fussy whether he stays or not. Yes he might come good (I hope so and if he does I'll hold my hands up) but I think we would just see more indifferent performances.

Mon Dieu4
28-04-2010, 12:22 PM
I think Benji has had chances this season when he has started games but he hasn't taken them.

Surely if he was our best all round striker then his goals tally would be higher.

Dont think he has been given a fair crack of the whip to be honest, when he started a few games at the start of the season he was being played in a deeper role so didnt really get the number of chances he normally would have.

I thought he was actually playing well in that role, then all of a sudden & for no reason in my opinion he was dropped & Nish was played there instead.

Against Rangers at Ibrox I thought he was Hibs best player & biggest threat, then the next week once again he is dropped.

I have no doubts what so ever that if he had been played upfront this season & started as many as other players he would have been on double figures in the goal stakes by now.

A couple of seasons back when the I want to play for Madrid stories came out he was absolutely deadly in the pre season games, he cant have just become a bad player since then.

BSEJVT
28-04-2010, 12:26 PM
awrite tin hat on here

I dont see where this "We dont have many players the calibre of Benji" has come from :confused:

ok he hasn't started a lot of games this season but even if you forget whats happened in the past, the times he has been on the park he has produced next to nothing this season, What is it 3 goals with 2 of them pens???

Most of the time he doesnt even look like creating or scoring a goal, a lot of people like benji on here and im not going to challenge that but i dont see where he can contribute if he has more seasons like this one. i would rather we cut our ties with him and both parties can move forward because as far as i can see it isn't working. :tin hat::offski:

Did you watch Sunday's game?

When he created two gilt edged chances within 5 minutes of coming on that probably no-one else in the squad could have created (maybe Zemmama).

I know the SPL is choc full of hammer throwers but are we really that blind that we cant see that type of ability?

I know he has sometimes looked like he cant be bothered, but IMO his attittude has been much better this year.

I want to watch footballers who can do things I was never skilful enough to do.

BTW if we didnt have a midfield of midgets Benji would have played far more this year.

Nish has started before Benji only beacuse his height is useful defending set pieces and he gives us an out ball in the air.

strangler
28-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I think Yogi's comment summed Benji up, "have Real Madrid got a womens team"?

Speedway
28-04-2010, 12:34 PM
awrite tin hat on here

I refer my honourable .netter to the gabillion page and oft resurrected, Benji is Mince thread in order to restore longer memories than are being demonstrated here.

When he created two gilt edged chances within 5 minutes of coming on that probably no-one else in the squad could have created (maybe Zemmama).

I know the SPL is choc full of hammer throwers but are we really that blind that we cant see that type of ability?

I know he has sometimes looked like he cant be bothered, but IMO his attittude has been much better this year.

BTW if we didnt have a midfield of midgets Benji would have played far more this year.

Nish has started before Benji only beacuse his height is useful defending set pieces and he gives us an out ball in the air.

Does he really? I've never noticed that.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Are people seriously saying he's a player we should be building our team around? He's inconsistent, uninterested a lot of the time, great on his day, but those days are few and far between.

I'm not convinced at anything he says, i personally think he says what the fans want to hear. I wouldn't care if he left in the summer, and would be very surprised is he A, was offered a new contract, and B, signed one.

lucky
28-04-2010, 12:40 PM
He is a wage thief. I would not let him near ER. He is a total non trier. He touched the ball 3 times in 20 mins on Sunday. So I punt him now

Geo_1875
28-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Benji is the most skillful footballer at our club but unfortunately has the kind of personallity that needs a constant ego massage. If he got a decent run in the team and the right treatment from the manager and coaching staff we'd get to see the best of him.

woodythehibee
28-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Benji has had very few starts and has really only came on for the last 10-15 mins of games which is not easy so it is unfair to be critical of him.

Generally, he has played decent and deserves another year IMO.

Leith Green
28-04-2010, 12:54 PM
I will be delighted to see the back of Benji, decent enough footballer but I cannot stand him and the way he treated our club.. Lets not forget that the only reason he has played at all this season was because we were his only option and that was the only reason he eventually turned up for pre season training..From what I hear he is a complete w**k behind the scenes too, trying to bully the younger squad members, complaining about being tackled in training etc,giving it the big time charlie attitude, So ****** Benji an couldnt give a s**t where he ends up or what happens to him.

What a great place for Yogi to start weeding out the players who lack focus, commitment to the club and the passion required to play for Hibernian and be a success..

Leith Green
28-04-2010, 12:56 PM

In that case, buy a Sky dish and not a season ticket for easter Rd .. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
28-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Benji has had very few starts and has really only came on for the last 10-15 mins of games which is not easy so it is unfair to be critical of him.

Generally, he has played decent and deserves another year IMO.

Benji is a very skillful and talented player who unfortunately dosent show us that he is near often enough. If he were ever to score anywhere near the goals that Stokes (or Riordan) score then his fizzog would never be out of the papers telling us how he is about to move to this club or that and that Hibs dont share his "ambition". For those reasons I would let him go.

Jack
28-04-2010, 02:09 PM
:rolleyes:

TRIALIST
28-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Spot on !
Benji, Boozy, Zouma and a few current players...they are high maintenance. They play 1 good one in seven and we give them another chance on the back of that. its this statistic thats bringing the fans and ultimately the club to its knees. IMO its this ratio that Yogi is trying to reverse to give us some consistancy, we may not end up with players whose skills shine quite like Zouma or Benji....but I think we have to start with more work ethic and add team skills.

basehibby
28-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Much as I admire Benji's skill on the ball, he doesn't produce it consistently enough and has a knack of disappearing from games when things aren't going his way. We need players who can be relied upon to produce the goods and it doesn't seem to me that Benji comes into that category.

I think he's had a good enough chance at Hibs and I wouldn't be upset if he moved on.

Geo_1875
28-04-2010, 02:35 PM
I will be delighted to see the back of Benji, decent enough footballer but I cannot stand him and the way he treated our club.. Lets not forget that the only reason he has played at all this season was because we were his only option and that was the only reason he eventually turned up for pre season training..From what I hear he is a complete w**k behind the scenes too, trying to bully the younger squad members, complaining about being tackled in training etc,giving it the big time charlie attitude, So ****** Benji an couldnt give a s**t where he ends up or what happens to him.

What a great place for Yogi to start weeding out the players who lack focus, commitment to the club and the passion required to play for Hibernian and be a success..

Yeah, I wish we had a team full of committed, consistent playera like Nish and Rankin. Then we could look forward to playing Morton, Ayr United and the likes every week.

basehibby
28-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Spot on !
Benji, Boozy, Zouma and a few current players...they are high maintenance. They play 1 good one in seven and we give them another chance on the back of that. its this statistic thats bringing the fans and ultimately the club to its knees. IMO its this ratio that Yogi is trying to reverse to give us some consistancy, we may not end up with players whose skills shine quite like Zouma or Benji....but I think we have to start with more work ethic and add team skills.

Zouma is different for me - as well as lighting the place up with his skills he always seems to be willing to put in a shift for the team - I'm hoping he won't be going anywhere.

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Much as I admire Benji's skill on the ball, he doesn't produce it consistently enough and has a knack of disappearing from games when things aren't going his way. We need players who can be relied upon to produce the goods and it doesn't seem to me that Benji comes into that category.

I think he's had a good enough chance at Hibs and I wouldn't be upset if he moved on.

I think that is spot on. He has not grabbed any of the numerous chances he's had, bar a couple of great performances, he's still a bit part player, 4 years after signing. No great loss imho.

Cocaine&Caviar
28-04-2010, 02:40 PM
The reason Ahly dropped the deal was because they had signed 'The Algerian Messi' in Amir Sayoud. However, Algerian starlet Amir Sayoud is close to sealing a move to Belgian outfit SK Lierse. Sayoud, who plies his trade for Egyptian champions Al Ahly, claimed he received death threats from some of his club's players and fans following the events that followed the Egypt national team's defeat to Algeria in Sudan last week.

Maybe a deal could be back on the table for Benji?

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-04-2010, 02:45 PM
:rolleyes:

That photograph put the lid on it for me. I am not going to be two-faced and say that I didn't leap aff the seat when he scored against St. Mirren in his first game back, but remember that it was TM that signed him, so he has been far too long with us to deserve another deal based on what he might do, or more time to show what he can do.

Leith Green
28-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I wish we had a team full of committed, consistent playera like Nish and Rankin. Then we could look forward to playing Morton, Ayr United and the likes every week.

Where did I comment on Nish or Rankin.. What a ******* ridiculous reply to my post, I'm commenting on Benji and the fact he has quite clearly wanted **** all to do with Hibs for 2 seasons..

And I actually meant commited to the club, i.e actually wanting to play for us,which comes before being commited on the park, Benji is neither in my opinion..

Gatecrasher
28-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I refer my honourable .netter to the gabillion page and oft resurrected, Benji is Mince thread in order to restore longer memories than are being demonstrated here..

link? :devil:

I'm sure I posted on that thread I can't remember what though, probably the opposite. Of what i posted earlier

Billy
28-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Benji did the interview with Hibernian TV on the 22nd April and the story has been taken from there. You will find a lot of stuff that appears midweek in some newspapers has come from interviews done by the club itself days earlier.

hibee4life1983
28-04-2010, 05:25 PM
we need shot of the joker! 1: he's stopping true talent like deek getting a game up front. 2: he wanted to leave us last season and if hed been any good al ahl or the belgian team wouldve signed him up. 3: he said and i quote "if john hughes plays me ill score 2 goals a week":blah: his heed is obviously right up his own erchie!
good riddence i say! thanks for the goals in the cup win beji but as far as getting a new contract goes you can kiss my ring and pay for my season ticket first!:greengrin

:notworthy:

Wotherspiniesta
28-04-2010, 05:46 PM
A few people being a bit OTT here. I've not seen a lack of trying from him this season. At all. Obviously some people have let some of his past performances cloud their judgement of the guy.

I can't see a future for him at Easter Road as I don't think the Scottish game suits his style.

We'd be better giving Byrne a chance IMO.

Cropley10
28-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Are people seriously saying he's a player we should be building our team around? He's inconsistent, uninterested a lot of the time, great on his day, but those days are few and far between.

I'm not convinced at anything he says, i personally think he says what the fans want to hear. I wouldn't care if he left in the summer, and would be very surprised is he A, was offered a new contract, and B, signed one.

But what if Yogi wants to keep him?:confused:

Cropley10
28-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I think that is spot on. He has not grabbed any of the numerous chances he's had, bar a couple of great performances, he's still a bit part player, 4 years after signing. No great loss imho.

Still only 25 - having had to come to terms with the death of his father and a divorce whilst plying his trade a long way from home.

Thank goodness we've got Colin Nish.

HibbyKeith
28-04-2010, 06:22 PM
On the subject of Benji,

does anyone know why he does the 3 hops when he comes on the pitch?

jakedance
28-04-2010, 06:24 PM
I think he's done quite well when he's played this season. I'm sure Benji would walk into most SPL teams so he's a wee bit unlucky to have Stokes ahead of him. We need to make a lot of changes this summer and replacing Benji would be quite far down my list of priorities.

hibsbollah
28-04-2010, 06:26 PM
On the subject of Benji,

does anyone know why he does the 3 hops when he comes on the pitch?

Its because of his pet frog. do we have to do this every time?:grr:

blackpoolhibs
28-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Still only 25 - having had to come to terms with the death of his father and a divorce whilst plying his trade a long way from home.

Thank goodness we've got Colin Nish.

While i don't doubt his fathers death had an effect on him, in the 4 years he's been at the club, he's not made that much of an impression, that he's got a regular place in the side. You cant blame all that on his dads death. Nish can go with him too.

HibbyKeith
28-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Its because of his pet frog. do we have to do this every time?:grr:

apparently so! :grr:

Cameron1875
28-04-2010, 07:10 PM
A few people being a bit OTT here. I've not seen a lack of trying from him this season. At all. Obviously some people have let some of his past performances cloud their judgement of the guy.

I can't see a future for him at Easter Road as I don't think the Scottish game suits his style.

We'd be better giving Byrne a chance IMO.

Jesus, i cant believe this. Did you see the effort he put in when he "tried" to score his penalties against kilmarnock and then recently against hamilton.

Loved the guy cause of the cis cup obviously. But after the hamilton game he should never have kicked another ball for the club. What must the youngsters think when players like him get picked before them.

:agree:I agree with what you say about bryne. Looks like he can really strike a ball.

Wotherspiniesta
28-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Jesus, i cant believe this. Did you see the effort he put in when he "tried" to score his penalties against kilmarnock and then recently against hamilton.

Loved the guy cause of the cis cup obviously. But after the hamilton game he should never have kicked another ball for the club. What must the youngsters think when players like him get picked before them.

:agree:I agree with what you say about bryne. Looks like he can really strike a ball.

Aii, I'm sure he was trying to miss. :rolleyes:

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Aii, I'm sure he was trying to miss. :rolleyes:

Obviously the Real Madrid scouts couldn't make it.:rolleyes:

bingo70
28-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Obviously the Real Madrid scouts couldn't make it.:rolleyes:

out of all the stick our players get, this particular dig does my tits in more than any.

he was asked what his ambition was, he said it was to one day play for real madrid, whats wrong with that :confused: He never claimed they were after him or that he was good enough for them, just that it was his ambition growing up to play for them.

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 07:45 PM
out of all the stick our players get, this particular dig does my tits in more than any.

he was asked what his ambition was, he said it was to one day play for real madrid, whats wrong with that :confused: He never claimed they were after him or that he was good enough for them, just that it was his ambition growing up to play for them.

What i read was.. he himself said he was going to score 25 goals this season and score for Real Madrid, didn't see ambition mentioned. Can't remember if it was the start of last season or the season before.

bingo70
28-04-2010, 07:59 PM
What i read was.. he himself said he was going to score 25 goals this season and score for Real Madrid, didn't see ambition mentioned. Can't remember if it was the start of last season or the season before.

was the season before.

we're talking about different articles here because i'm pretty certain he never said that in the one i read

seanraff07
28-04-2010, 08:00 PM
was the season before.

we're talking about different articles here because i'm pretty certain he never said that in the one i read

Must be, mind you i mustve just had a quick glance at the Sun in a local newsagent, in which case what i read was probably pish.

MrRobot
28-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I want him to stay. Great player and seems to love Hibs. He did go through alot the time he was wanting to leave, add tht ith the fact he didn't get on with the manager. I was glad he stayed and I hope he does this time too. :agree:

The_Sauz
28-04-2010, 08:17 PM

Did you say the same when Deeks missed 2 on the bounce :yawn:

I really can't understand some on here who keep saying "He had his chance"
8 league starts & 19 as a sub (and that's normally 8 mins avg) this season, but there again, some even say a player is "Not Hibs Class" before the have even played 1 min for the club.
Even Hughes said he was unlucky not to get more games because of Deeks and Stokes were his preferred strike force.....

Johnny_Leith
28-04-2010, 09:09 PM
In my opinon your only as good as your last game, and Benjis last good game was 2007 - March. Time for him to move on.

random sub
28-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Benji and Hibs need to move on. Agree with the previous poster's sentiment, last game he inspired me was in 2007.

Jonnyboy
28-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Well if nothing else he sure divides opinion!

Personally I think he is a very talented player but doesn't display that talent nearly often enough

gorgie_harp
28-04-2010, 10:00 PM
In my opinon your only as good as your last game, and Benjis last good game was 2007 - March. Time for him to move on.

:agree::agree::thumbsup:

monktonharp
28-04-2010, 11:01 PM

Personally I think he is a very talented player but doesn't display that talent nearly often enough

in that case,I'll sit on the fence and say...........hey Benji.,bolt.

Captain Trips
28-04-2010, 11:11 PM
When he is good its not so good to accept the weeks and weeks of nothing, therefore IMO he isnt a good enough player as made out.

BSEJVT
29-04-2010, 06:26 AM
What is it they say, you get what you deserve?

Well as Hibs suporters we surely will.

Riordan, reviled by large amounts of the support for lack of work ethic, but has scored umpteen goals for the club playing left midfield.

Stokes, lazy bassa, but scored 20 goals in his first season after virtually 2 years without playing.

Miller, done nothing for months, who has likes?

Zemmama, sand dancing pretty boy.

Benji, wage thief.

Good, lets fill the team with hard working hammer throwers and watch ****ball for years to come.

Alternatively, why dont we all just give up and watch Hearts?

I really dont think most of the hibs support understand that the flawed genius's above wouldnt be anywhere near Hibs if they were'nt flawed.

The price you pay for seeing their talents is that they will be inconsistent ad infuriating.

Personally I would rather put up with that for the few worthwhile moments they provide that make you think christ that was brilliant.

The alternative is hoofball (registered as a trademark by HMFC)

hibsbollah
29-04-2010, 06:54 AM
What is it they say, you get what you deserve?

Well as Hibs suporters we surely will.

Riordan, reviled by large amounts of the support for lack of work ethic, but has scored umpteen goals for the club playing left midfield.

Stokes, lazy bassa, but scored 20 goals in his first season after virtually 2 years without playing.

Miller, done nothing for months, who has likes?

Zemmama, sand dancing pretty boy.

Benji, wage thief.

Good, lets fill the team with hard working hammer throwers and watch ****ball for years to come.

Alternatively, why dont we all just give up and watch Hearts?

I really dont think most of the hibs support understand that the flawed genius's above wouldnt be anywhere near Hibs if they were'nt flawed.

The price you pay for seeing their talents is that they will be inconsistent ad infuriating.

Personally I would rather put up with that for the few worthwhile moments they provide that make you think christ that was brilliant.

The alternative is hoofball (registered as a trademark by HMFC)

Excellent post:agree:

Hibs arent going to get geniuses with a great work ethic. With our budget you have a choice; SPL fodder like Nish Rankin and Hogg who give you 100% of 'nae very good', or players with genuine talent who sometimes frustrate you, but sometimes make you enjoy watching football. Id rather have the unreliable genius thanks.

blackpoolhibs
29-04-2010, 07:08 AM

Spot on as usual John. :agree: I just think that after 4 years of trying, well 3 if you count his loan deal. He's still not done enough to cement a first team place, thats not enough for me.

KWJ
29-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Excellent post:agree:

Hibs arent going to get geniuses with a great work ethic. With our budget you have a choice; SPL fodder like Nish Rankin and Hogg who give you 100% of 'nae very good', or players with genuine talent who sometimes frustrate you, but sometimes make you enjoy watching football. Id rather have the unreliable genius thanks.

is there anything more annoying than hitting the wrong button and losing your rather large post? :brickwall

shortened version.

Agree with Thorburn but don't think Benji is in the same category as those other players anymore. His day isn't often enough.

I hear what you're saying bollah and I do agree, that's what we want to watch. But it isn't a case of one or the other it's about getting the right mix which we've not had since McLeish in 2000.

I don't think Hogg, Rankin & Nish are "not very good" and I've stuck up for all 3 on numerous occasions while I've also slated Nish at times for those all too often moments when he doesn't look like a footballer. Anyway i still believe Nish & Rankin have a job to do for Hibs but with the emergence of Hanlon and hopefully Thicot it could be time to move Hogg on as unfortunately he's not shown any signs of improving from when he looked like he had potential.

Captain Trips
29-04-2010, 07:17 AM
When Benji is deemed to have played well its maybe some nice play, passing and some tricks, IMO thats not enough to justify all the times in between.

Yes has has damaged teams but not often enough and his games he has done nothing in far far outweigh the good ones IMO of course.

Leith Green
29-04-2010, 08:07 AM
I want him to stay. Great player and seems to love Hibs. He did go through alot the time he was wanting to leave, add tht ith the fact he didn't get on with the manager. I was glad he stayed and I hope he does this time too. :agree:

:hilarious

hibsbollah
29-04-2010, 08:24 AM
is there anything more annoying than hitting the wrong button and losing your rather large post? :brickwall

shortened version.

Agree with Thorburn but don't think Benji is in the same category as those other players anymore. His day isn't often enough.

I hear what you're saying bollah and I do agree, that's what we want to watch. But it isn't a case of one or the other it's about getting the right mix which we've not had since McLeish in 2000.

I don't think Hogg, Rankin & Nish are "not very good" and I've stuck up for all 3 on numerous occasions while I've also slated Nish at times for those all too often moments when he doesn't look like a footballer. Anyway i still believe Nish & Rankin have a job to do for Hibs but with the emergence of Hanlon and hopefully Thicot it could be time to move Hogg on as unfortunately he's not shown any signs of improving from when he looked like he had potential.

Ive stuck up for all 3 of them as well at various points (well Nish and Hogg definitely, Rankin maybe not so much:greengrin) but sometimes you just have to accept that a player is never going to take us to the mythical 'next level'. Some people think that time has come with Benji, fair enough. Personally I dont think he's had enough time on the pitch since his 15 goal season to make that decision yet. I'd like to see him get a 10 game run upfront with Stokes or Riordan first.

Hibby 2005
29-04-2010, 08:34 AM
Collins got the best out of Benji, I don't think Yogi is capable.

nickwhibs
29-04-2010, 09:54 AM
He is a wage thief. I would not let him near ER. He is a total non trier. He touched the ball 3 times in 20 mins on Sunday. So I punt him now

As opposed to Stokes who touched the ball about 3 times in 70 minutes, none of which actually brought another Hibs player into play...

KWJ
29-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Ive stuck up for all 3 of them as well at various points (well Nish and Hogg definitely, Rankin maybe not so much:greengrin) but sometimes you just have to accept that a player is never going to take us to the mythical 'next level'. Some people think that time has come with Benji, fair enough. Personally I dont think he's had enough time on the pitch since his 15 goal season to make that decision yet. I'd like to see him get a 10 game run upfront with Stokes or Riordan first.

Yup fair enough. I wouldn't say that any of those three would take us onto a top 2 competing side either and I don't think there are many that would but we're not there.

I wouldn't mind if Benji stays around and if we did have a proper 2 up front then I'd be happy to see him get a decent shot as well, I don't see it happening and it doesn't keep me awake at night.

I suppose it all depends on who gets Benji's pitch time when he's gone.

Sumner
29-04-2010, 09:59 PM
would be no loss, idle underachiever