View Full Version : Hartley

27-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Posts 15 and 21..

Whether it's true or not i'm not sure but a mate who is a Hearts fan showed me..

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126702-paul-hartley/ (http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126702-paul-hartley/)

27-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Posts 15 and 21..

Whether it's true or not i'm not sure but a mate who is a Hearts fan showed me..

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126702-paul-hartley/ (http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/126702-paul-hartley/)

You know, he's exactly the type of player that we need. A wee ****** with a winning mentality and experience to sit in the middle of the park...him and Mikey Stewart just in front! :greengrin

27-04-2010, 09:24 PM
You know, he's exactly the type of player that we need. A wee ****** with a winning mentality and experience to sit in the middle of the park...him and Mikey Stewart just in front! :greengrin

I would take Hartley, as much as i've despised him in the past he's hard working, aggressive, and i have a feeling he could score a few against the ****s.:greengrin

HibeeMcGinn1
27-04-2010, 09:25 PM
:bye::faf::bye::faf::bye::faf::bye::faf: get ti ****

New Corrie
27-04-2010, 09:25 PM
Interesting, i've always rated Hartley, apart from when he played his flank role with us (not his fault to be fair). How old is he now? 33 or thereabouts?

HibeeMcGinn1
27-04-2010, 09:28 PM
come on. not a player to take the club forward. :confused:

27-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Getting on a bit, but if it's to let the likes of Miller, Zemmama and Wotherspoon get forward, then perhaps there's a chance. Would rather see Severin for that role though - he's got an extra couple of years to run than Hartley.

27-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I would take Hartley, as much as i've despised him in the past he's hard working, aggressive, and i have a feeling he could score a few against the ****s.:greengrin

So on the back of a rumour on a Bristol City supporters forum, you think he might get a few against Hearts? Brilliant.

27-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Please, please, please, please, pretty please! :pray: :love ya!:

27-04-2010, 09:35 PM
So on the back of a rumour on a Bristol City supporters forum, you think he might get a few against Hearts? Brilliant.

That's if he signs, he's still lethal from the edge of the box, as is Deeks so that would be a real threat from us.:devil:

27-04-2010, 09:38 PM
That's if he signs, he's still lethal from the edge of the box, as is Deeks so that would be a real threat from us.:devil:

How many goals has he scored from outside the box this season?

27-04-2010, 09:39 PM
How many goals has he scored from outside the box this season?

I've saw him score a few on Football League show, i think.:rolleyes:

27-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I've saw him score a few on Football League show, i think.:rolleyes:

Open play? Free kicks?

27-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Open play? Free kicks?

I saw him score a peach of a free-kick and i'm sure he wouldve scored a few others, i think he can get more goals than all our other midfielders, apart from Riordan if you class him as one.

27-04-2010, 09:49 PM
This thread is a wind up, right?

27-04-2010, 09:50 PM
:confused:After the way he scored against us every bloody time then goaded the fans at every opportunity... no ****in way!

Hope that erse never pulls on a hibs shirt again.

HibeeMcGinn1
27-04-2010, 09:54 PM
This thread is a wind up, right?

:confused:After the way he scored against us every bloody time then goaded the fans at every opportunity... no ****in way!

Hope that erse never pulls on a hibs shirt again.

thank you. you have ****ing sense

27-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I saw him score a peach of a free-kick and i'm sure he wouldve scored a few others, i think he can get more goals than all our other midfielders, apart from Riordan if you class him as one.

You got an actual number of goals though?

27-04-2010, 09:57 PM
No chance. That suits me anyway as I wouldn't want that torn-faced wee Jambo fanny anywere near a Hibs top.

HibeeMcGinn1
27-04-2010, 09:59 PM
No chance. That suits me anyway as I wouldn't want that torn-faced wee Jambo fanny anywere near a Hibs top.

27-04-2010, 10:00 PM
He has 5 goals this season by the way. Even if thats better than some of our midfielders, i dont want him at easter road:wink:

27-04-2010, 10:01 PM
He has 5 goals this season by the way. Even if thats better than some of our midfielders, i dont want him at easter road:wink:

Progress. How many pens?

27-04-2010, 10:27 PM
3:cool2:

27-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Hartley would jump at the chance to be so close to CC Blooms.

27-04-2010, 11:42 PM
How tall is he?

28-04-2010, 12:41 AM
If Hartley could even some close to the form he showed for them a few years ago, he'd be an excellent signing for us. No problems with him coming at all.

28-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Nah sorry, he's not Franck Sauzee. He should be retiring. Falkirk probably more likely with big SP there.

28-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Great, another midfield midget!

28-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Great, another midfield midget!

He has presence though, which is something our 'midfield midgets' don't all have.

He's 5'8 for anyone interested...

28-04-2010, 06:46 AM
Should never play for hibs for the following reasons

He's a ******
He's a jambo ****
He's a prick
He's ****
He's not hibs class:wink:
He ****s other peoples wives
He's a ******
He's ****

I'll be very dissapointed if hughes signs this little fanny:grr:

28-04-2010, 06:51 AM

He's a ******
He's a jambo ****
He's a prick
He's ****
He's a ******
He's ****

Good to see you're not sitting on the fence about this one! :greengrin

28-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Can't believe some people on here writing off a player just because he happened to play for hearts. If he could do a job for us (which he probably could) why not sign him??. There are many instances of players playing well into their 30's and doing well, take David Weir for example. I'm pretty sure there are many on here that would have liked to have that kind of player at the heart of our defence the last couple of years. As for Hartley though it is not that it was his fault he was played out of position at this club, he went on to show that he was/is a decent player, regardless of which club he happened to play for, and certainly has the ability to strenthen our weak midfield.

28-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Does anyone actually believe this?

There is no chance Hartley will be coming to Hibs.

28-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Can't believe some people on here writing off a player just because he happened to play for hearts. If he could do a job for us (which he probably could) why not sign him??. There are many instances of players playing well into their 30's and doing well, take David Weir for example. I'm pretty sure there are many on here that would have liked to have that kind of player at the heart of our defence the last couple of years. As for Hartley though it is not that it was his fault he was played out of position at this club, he went on to show that he was/is a decent player, regardless of which club he happened to play for, and certainly has the ability to strenthen our weak midfield.

I think you'll find I quoted several other very important reasons as well:wink:

28-04-2010, 07:06 AM
I think you'll find I quoted several other very important reasons as well:wink:

I wasn't getting at you specificly, just the fact that a player has happened to play for hearts should not exclude him from playing for us. There are many examples of players having played for 'them' that have done well for us, Alan Gordan for instance:agree:

28-04-2010, 07:11 AM
I wasn't getting at you specificly, just the fact that a player has happened to play for hearts should not exclude him from playing for us. There are many examples of players having played for 'them' that have done well for us, Alan Gordan for instance:agree:

true but Paul Hartley is a classless little welt. Should never be allowed the privilege of wearinga hibs strip again, never mind being paid to wear one!!

Not against signing an older player or two, even one who has played for hearts, just not hartley!!

28-04-2010, 07:14 AM
true but Paul Hartley is a classless little welt. Should never be allowed the privilege of wearinga hibs strip again, never mind being paid to wear one!!

Not against signing an older player or two, even one who has played for hearts, just not hartley!!

Hairy snuff, you don't like the guy, I can't argue with that:greengrin

28-04-2010, 07:16 AM

:agree: I'm struggling to think of anyone i'd rather not see in a Hibs top.:grr:

28-04-2010, 07:21 AM
:agree: I'm struggling to think of anyone i'd rather not see in a Hibs top.:grr:

I'm kinda of the same opinion, but if he was to come in could he do a job for us and if so would we boo him then???

Auckland Hibs
28-04-2010, 07:27 AM

He's a ******
He's a jambo ****
He's a prick
He's ****
He's a ******
He's ****

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever want that little James Blunt anywhere near ER again.

EVER ! ! ! ! :grr:

28-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I'd prefer us to sign J.R. Hartley, to be honest. And I think there's more chance of that happening.

Now, where did I put my fishing rod?

28-04-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm kinda of the same opinion, but if he was to come in could he do a job for us and if so would we boo him then???

I'd rather not find out.

28-04-2010, 07:30 AM
I rate Hartley very highly and think he's exactly the sort we need in midfield - many fans slated the return of Ian Murray because he'd played for the Huns and once stuck his vicxkies up or something - this all faded away to nothing a few committed performances down the track and I could see the same happening with Hartley - the Yams would be sick about it too which would just make it all the better IMO.

Auckland Hibs
28-04-2010, 07:43 AM
I rate Hartley very highly and think he's exactly the sort we need in midfield - many fans slated the return of Ian Murray because he'd played for the Huns and once stuck his vicxkies up or something - this all faded away to nothing a few committed performances down the track and I could see the same happening with Hartley - the Yams would be sick about it too which would just make it all the better IMO.

Surely, you can't compare IM and that little rat faced prick?! :confused:

28-04-2010, 07:53 AM
Hairy snuff, you don't like the guy, I can't argue with that:greengrin

28-04-2010, 07:56 AM
thank you. you have ****ing sense

I think Hartley behaved in a way that most ex players getting booed would do just laugh it off and to be honest hibs fans where alot harsher on him than than he was on us. I never heard Hartley publicly call hibs fans names. He is a good solid reliable player and was in most cases the diference between hearts loosing and winning Edinburgh derbys. I couldnt care who he played for. If Messi was a jambo i would still have him in my team.

edit:not trying to say he is any where near messi standards well.. mabey is hair....

28-04-2010, 07:58 AM
I think Hartley behaved in a way that most ex players getting booed would do just laugh it off and to be honest hibs fans where alot harsher on him than than he was on us. I never heard Hartley publicly call hibs fans names. He is a good solid reliable player and was in most cases the diference between hearts loosing and winning Edinburgh derbys. I couldnt care who he played for. If Messi was a jambo i would still have him in my team.

edit:not tryign to say he is any where near messi standards well.. mabey is hair....

So would I, but hartley is no messi, he's is a ****ing mess though!!!

28-04-2010, 08:04 AM

Bob Malcolm?

28-04-2010, 08:28 AM
We`ve got enough problems without adding an ageing Hartley to them.

28-04-2010, 08:48 AM
Surely, you can't compare IM and that little rat faced prick?! :confused:

YesI can - two experienced quality players with a good bit of dig about them and plenty international experience - both of whom were the subject of massive pelters from the Hibs support while playing for other clubs - plenty enough very direct comparisons there for me.

What's important for me is Paul Hartley the football player though - he'd definately improve our midfield by some margin and I'd have him in a flash.

There's history aplenty between Hartley and the Hibs fans but that's terracing banter and should be treated as such - anyone bringing that to the table as a reason for not considering him as a signing is cutting off their nose to spite their face IMO.

Luckily managers don't pay much attention to that sort of nonsense or one of our best current players - yes Ian Murray - would never have been brought back to the club.

28-04-2010, 12:19 PM
A Bristol City supporting colleague of mine who is up here from our Bristol office reckons that the City fans wouldnt want him to leave but he feels the new manager will ship him out.

He also reckons that Ivan is on his way out the door too and very few City fans would object. Ivan described as " has great speed but once he gets to the 18 yard line its a lotterey".

28-04-2010, 12:22 PM
A Bristol City supporting colleague of mine who is up here from our Bristol office reckons that the City fans wouldnt want him to leave but he feels the new manager will ship him out.

He also reckons that Ivan is on his way out the door too and very few City fans would object. Ivan described as " has great speed but once he gets to the 18 yard line its a lotterey".

Not changed much then:greengrin

28-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Not changed much then:greengrin

Better get the tin hat on for that comment even though its right!

Andy
28-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I would much rather have Boozy :sauzee: back than that little *&%$£"£$%%

Is it time to start another bring back boozy thread??

28-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Only one person has wrote about moving to Hibs and no one has even replied to it. BS if you ask me.

If he signs for us, i'll sit in a bath full of beans naked, in the middle of the tram works at princess street...

28-04-2010, 12:36 PM
I would much rather have Boozy :sauzee: back than that little *&%$£"£$%%

Is it time to start another bring back boozy thread??

You saw him play for the accies, right?

28-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm sure there would be a good deal of unpleasantness if Hartley re-signed for Hibs. It won't happen, I reckon.

Must say though that he scored one of the best Hibs goals I've ever seen when he came on as a sub in the closing moments of a tedious game against Dunfermline about 10 years ago. A volley from outside the box to win the match.

28-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Bob Malcolm?

Bob Malcolm and Paul Hartley - that would sort out or midfield OK, right enough. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd be quite happy to see Paul H back at Easter Road - we know he can play, he has lots of experience, and he surely has a couple of decent seasons left in him.

The fact that he played for the Jambos and the Soapies is beside the point, and as MikeyStewart says, he took a lot of abuse from the Hibs fans - some of it really nasty and OTT, to my mind - and I can't remember any occasion when he came back at us in the media.

If he were to be released, and was p[repared to pull on a Hibs shirt and give it a fair go, I'd be perfectly content.

28-04-2010, 01:19 PM

Like erskine says - not much change there then! Not that I'd mind much - Ivan would solve the lack of pace and width in the side at a stroke and, unlike the Jambos' former gay pinup, would be a very popular recruit with most Hibbies.

Yogi double swoop on Bristol City then! You heard it here first :wink:

28-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Only one person has wrote about moving to Hibs and no one has even replied to it. BS if you ask me.

If he signs for us, i'll sit in a bath full of beans naked, in the middle of the tram works at princess street...

Ahh, Gramo syndrome. :greengrin

28-04-2010, 01:39 PM
i would take him for sure, despite us giving him pelters all he ever done was laugh and unfortunately score umpteen against us.would we then sing "paul hartley is great":wink:

Rivers Cuomo
28-04-2010, 01:53 PM
NOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOO

http://sinigami.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/picard-facepalm2.jpg

strangler
28-04-2010, 02:14 PM
I would take Hartley just to anoy the filth.:devil:

28-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I would love to see hartley at hibs:tin hat:

Long suffering
28-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I would love it if we got him. Just the type we need and still plenty to offer

Oscar Lomax
28-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I would love it if we got him. Just the type we need and still plenty to offer

Agree. Experience is what we need in there. He can mix it also.....Cant see it happening though.

28-04-2010, 04:27 PM

You know, I think I just might.

28-04-2010, 05:05 PM

He's a ******
He's a jambo ****
He's a prick
He's ****
He's a ******
He's ****

:thumbsup:.

28-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Hartley?

I liked his book on fly fishing but never thought I'd see him connected with Hibs - could he fill the right back slot?

ski1875
28-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Like many of you a really don't like the guy but after thinking about it a while he would be a crackin signing. . plus it you get it right up the ****!

28-04-2010, 05:32 PM
This thread is embarrassing.

One - just one - mention of PH on a City forum and it's already at 2 pages.

Kickback will be laughing at us - as will all the undercover Yams on here.:thumbsup:

28-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Like many of you a really don't like the guy but after thinking about it a while he would be a crackin signing. . plus it you get it right up the ****?
Aye, but then we'd have to look at his ugly puss every week mate...

28-04-2010, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't take him.

Not because he played for Hearts, but because he's pish.

Remember his last couple of months at Celtic? Couldn't pass water.

Next.

28-04-2010, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't take him.

Not because he played for Hearts, but because he's pish.

Remember his last couple of months at Celtic? Couldn't pass water.

Next.Phew, my faith in hibs.net has been restored! :top marks

28-04-2010, 06:08 PM
come on. not a player to take the club forward. :confused:

:thumbsup::top marks

Dr Jimmy
28-04-2010, 09:07 PM
This thread is embarrassing.

One - just one - mention of PH on a City forum and it's already at 2 pages.

Kickback will be laughing at us - as will all the undercover Yams on here.:thumbsup:
I know I am keeping this thread alive by posting, but for the love of god please delete this stupid ****ing thread...its embarrasing beyond belief...!!!!!!!