PDA

View Full Version : Stack/Brown out for the rest of the season

RickyS
27-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Sorry if posted elsewhere folks, it seems Stack took a kick in the eye from Benji and is now out. same article says Mark Brown is out for the season with a wrist injury and Maka has sadly lost his dad! Smith will need to wrapped up in cotton wool this week!

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Stack-partially-sighted-after-collision.6254855.jp

Bayern Bru
27-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Kudos to Yogi for having the sense to buy an extra keeper in January :agree: Hats off to the boy!

:fibber::greengrin

Diclonius
27-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Does that mean Flynn will be back on the bench?

Andy74
27-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Yet we didn't need another keeper? :greengrin

Imagine next year when Maka is released if the same thing had happened and we hadn't got Brown and Smith both in. We'd have been playing Flynn with another kid on the bench.

MB62
27-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Imagine next year when Maka is released if the same thing had happened and we hadn't got Brown and Smith both in. We'd have been playing Flynn with another kid on the bench.

That might have affected our otherwise rock solid defence and we might have started shipping bad goals all of a sudden :stirrer:

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 10:30 AM

:top marks Its called building a squad for the future, something some seem incapable of seeing.:agree:

darwenhibby
27-04-2010, 11:07 AM
:top marks Its called building a squad for the future, something some seem incapable of seeing.:agree:

Its why some Hibs supporters are managers of the club and see things before the rest of us do.

Well done Yogi for not leaving us short in a very important position.

Look at the position Man City are in at the moment.

Mancini is too busy sooking up to the fans with a daft scarf on.

Yogi is getting on with it and that is why he should be given a lot longer than what people are willing to give him on here.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Its why some Hibs supporters are managers of the club and see things before the rest of us do.

Yogi is getting on with it and that is why he should be given a lot longer than what people are willing to give him on here.

Its a rather fetching colour though, if i say so myself.

darwenhibby
27-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Its a rather fetching colour though, if i say so myself.

No I am more of a traditionalist and wish to retain the green.:thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
27-04-2010, 11:16 AM

What position?

Man City have 9 goalkeepers on their books.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:21 AM
What position?

Aye maybe so, but i bet they wish they had a manager as good as ours.

darwenhibby
27-04-2010, 11:28 AM
What position?

might have nine goalies but they are searching for one more.

Shows they have no confidence in what they have = the manager has got it wrong.

Yogi is not panicking in this position for the last three games.

Credit where it is due.

rubber mal
27-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I may have missed something here but why does everyone think that Yogi signing a fourth keeper, who's now injured, has helped us in some way?

Peevemor
27-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I may have missed something here but why does everyone think that Yogi signing a fourth keeper, who's now injured, has helped us in some way?

Because we still have 2 1st team keepers available for each match.

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Imagine if he had'nt, we would have Maka back in between the sticks.:shocked::tin hat::stirrer:

rubber mal
27-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Because we still have 2 1st team keepers available for each match.

Yes, but we're only allowed to play one...

rubber mal
Imagine if he had'nt, we would have Maka back in between the sticks.:shocked::tin hat::stirrer:

No we wouldn't. We'd have Smith.

Peevemor

... and hope that he doesn't get injured or sent off.

darwenhibby

Would you not go with Flynn if that was the case. Maka for me

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:39 AM

What if that one gets injured, or god forbid both?

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Would you not go with Flynn if that was the case. Maka for me

Is Errol still alive? If not, maybe McCormack or Nish then. My nuts would rather be wired to the national grid, before i want to see Maka back between the sticks.

darwenhibby
27-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Is Errol still alive? If not, maybe McCormack or Nish then. My nuts would rather be wired to the national grid, before i want to see Maka back between the sticks.

:faf: But he has potential and he may just may realise this potential on Saturday, when we need him most.

Keith_M
27-04-2010, 11:46 AM

Or what if Smith, Flynn AND Maka get injured. Presumably that would mean Yogi DIDN'T buy enough keepers in January after all.

:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
27-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Or what if Smith, Flynn AND Maka get injured. Presumably that would mean Yogi DIDN'T buy enough keepers in January after all.

:rolleyes:

At last, you got there in the end.:greengrin

Keith_M
27-04-2010, 11:47 AM
My nuts would rather be wired to the national grid ....

At last, something that would get the crowds rolling back to ER

:wink:

rubber mal
27-04-2010, 12:07 PM

Seriously, how often does a club have their first four keepers injured at the same time? I don't recall it ever happening at Hibs in my lifetime, or anywhere else for that matter.

--------
27-04-2010, 12:22 PM

So should we now address you as Dr Manhattan, BH? :cool2:

I actually fail to see what difference it would make WHO plays in goal until the rest of the team starts playing in front of goal.

Punchless wonders on Sunday...... :grr: