PDA

View Full Version : If you don't give a penalty for Whittaker's challenge on Riordan..

Diclonius
26-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Then you don't disallow Nish's goal.

Exactly the same kind of offences, though somehow the OF get the benefit of the doubt for both.

Shocking. :bitchy:

Mon Dieu4
26-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Same with Thomsons first tackle of the game which was a shocker & should have been a yellow :agree:

McHibby
26-04-2010, 01:58 PM

Exactly the same kind of offences, though somehow the OF get the benefit of the doubt for both.

EXACTLY!!!

But then there's an Old Firm game next week and we can possibly have the title won then, can we?

Kerrplunk
26-04-2010, 02:05 PM
I know it has gone on for years but i am sick of being blatantly cheated by old firm sympathising refs......something has to be done but undoubtedly never will. The standard of refs is actually making me wonder if it is worth buying a season ticket again as i know 99 times out of 100 we will never get a 50/50 decision going our way in these games. The writing was on the wall after 30 seconds yesterday when Kenny Miller blatantly handled the ball and the ref was the only man in the ground who never saw it. The Nish incident,the penalty incident even the free kick given against Benji for a supposed foul on MacGregor just smack of BLATANT CHEATING in my eyes and the sad thing is they are just glossed over in the media because it's ok Rangers wrapped up another SPL title.

Not the first time by any means i have left the ground raging this season due to unacceptable refereeing standards.

Totally disillusioned and seriously fed up!!!

James70
26-04-2010, 02:21 PM
According to the Daily Express reporter the referee was not fooled by Riordan's stumble under pressure from Whittaker. :grr:

basehibby
26-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Totally agree - if Riordan wasn't fouled then Nish cannot concievably have committed an offence as there was about the same level of contact between him and the hun defender as there was between Whittaker and Riordan.

Still that's all history now - hopefully Hughes can use that sense of injustice to further motivate the team for the game against the Yams.

Big Frank
26-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Corrupt.

.Sean.
26-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Corrupt.
:agree:

I can give a 10000000000000000000% guaruntee that had it been Miller who went down under the same challenge from Thicot a penalty would've been given. The ref was a biased *******.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-04-2010, 06:00 PM
According to the Daily Express reporter the referee was not fooled by Riordan's stumble under pressure from Whittaker. :grr:

But other referees are not so smart and have been fooled by Kenny Miller all season?:confused:

These things work themselves out though and we are way overdue some good luck in the next three games.:agree:

In all reality, if we can't see consistency from a referee within 90 minutes, what chance over a whole season.:rolleyes:

renato
26-04-2010, 07:38 PM
:agree:

I can give a 10000000000000000000% guaruntee that had it been Miller who went down under the same challenge from Thicot a penalty would've been given. The ref was a biased *******.

Sean, we already saw an example of that when Miller dived at Hunbrox and conned a penalty off Sol. Changed and killed the game.

That was far worse than Riordan's as there was definitely contact from Whittaker.

Moral of the story.....he who is a dirty hun cheat, wins.

:greengrin :grr: