PDA

View Full Version : Deserves to stay?

Cocaine&Caviar
25-04-2010, 08:30 PM
After a season of lots of players not playing to their ability or potential, who do we believe deserves a second chance to remain in the squad, or get a new deal?

Also consider, we only really need two first team goalkeepers and a youth under them.

I think the majority of us agree that the team next season should be built around the likes of Hanlon, Murray, Stokes, Wotherspoon, McBride, Galbraith and Miller.

I would also suggest that Bamba will definitely not be with us next season.

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 08:40 PM
why is cregg getting a low rating surely he needs to be given a chance?

lucky
25-04-2010, 09:01 PM
why is cregg getting a low rating surely he needs to be given a chance?

I think it must be to do with the fact he is ***** and always passing backwards. He is a poor mans Rankin

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I think it must be to do with the fact he is ***** and always passing backwards. He is a poor mans Rankin

You can tell all that after seeing Cregg a few times this season?? How long did it take for Stokes to come onto his game and that was with a proper run in the team and i didnt hear people saying he was sh 1te

Westie1875
25-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Why on earth is Riordan even on that list? :bitchy:

Tiocfaidh Ar La
25-04-2010, 09:05 PM
He was rotten today and showed nothing at all to suggest he should be at Easter road next year. Smith, brown, hanlon, Murray, wotherspoon, Galbraith, thicot, miller, mcbride, riordan, stokes, are all that should be here next season. Would love Bamba to be there but resigned to him being sold and personally would offer benji another season long deal but think he will be emptied... We need about 6 or 7 players. RB, CB, CM, CF, left/right mid. We have some good players but also an awful lot of ***** as well unfor
tunately... GGTTH

murray26
25-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Thicot and Gow, dont understand why Deek is on the list that is a no brainer.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Lets be honest, if i hadnt put him on someone would have been asking why he wasnt on. No one can doubt the amount of critics he has, deserved or not.

monktonharp
25-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Lets be honest, if i hadnt put him on someone would have been asking why he wasnt on. No one can doubt the amount of critics he has, deserved or not.Derek Riordan,was immense today and well on the way bto becoming a Hibernian Legend.on the other hand,how the f/ck does Rankin get 11 votes????????????

ian cruise
25-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Derek Riordan,was immense today and well on the way bto becoming a Hibernian Legend.on the other hand,how the f/ck does Rankin get 11 votes????????????

rankin has been ok of late, better than alot of the team. i'd keep him till we def have something better. even if he wasnt an immediate start each week he's be useful to have in the squad.

riordan was brilliant today

Saorsa
25-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Derek Riordan,was immense today and well on the way bto becoming a Hibernian Legend.on the other hand,how the f/ck does Rankin get 11 votes????????????He's got 22 now, o dear :Ummm:

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2010, 10:50 PM
He's got 22 now, o dear :Ummm:

We'd miss him if he left. He had a good game today and never stopped fighting for the cause which was illustrated by him chasing and game and still trying to get on the ball in the 92nd minute, running after Papac from the other side of the pitch. Noone else seemed bothered.

BSEJVT
26-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Although Rankin is an extremely limited footballer, he shows more desire and application than most of the rest of the team put together.

This myth that Hibs are a flair team is utter crap.

From yesterdays team, the only two I would pay money to watch from a skill point of view are Riordan & Benji (and possibly Wotherspoon)

Murray Hanlon & Rankin would get marks for effort.

Thicot did well when he came on,but always looks like he is out for an afternoon stroll.

The rest are utter crap Mccormack, Hogg, Cregg especially and most cant even be arsed to try that hard.

Felt sorry for Mcbride as the only folk that ever showed for a pass were Riordan & Rankin, who invariably gives the ball away.

The best players in the world, Rooney, Messi Xavi, Iniesta have a fantastic work ethic.

Until some of the posers playing for Hibs get that we are stuffed.

Judas Iscariot
26-04-2010, 08:01 AM
We'd miss him if he left. He had a good game today and never stopped fighting for the cause which was illustrated by him chasing and game and still trying to get on the ball in the 92nd minute, running after Papac from the other side of the pitch. Noone else seemed bothered.

Would we **** miss him..

Get the finger out in the summer Yogi an sign a few decent midfielders so we dong have to put up with dross like Rankin, Stevenson etc for another whole season!

J-C
26-04-2010, 09:31 AM
What's amazing about this wee poll is that Thicot is 3rd, hardly had a game all season and when he does he shines everytime.

Ritchie
26-04-2010, 10:24 AM

the only thing id miss is his comical lego heed! :bye:

Eganov
26-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Although Rankin is an extremely limited footballer, he shows more desire and application than most of the rest of the team put together.

This myth that Hibs are a flair team is utter crap.

From yesterdays team, the only two I would pay money to watch from a skill point of view are Riordan & Benji (and possibly Wotherspoon)

Murray Hanlon & Rankin would get marks for effort.

Thicot did well when he came on,but always looks like he is out for an afternoon stroll.

The rest are utter crap Mccormack, Hogg, Cregg especially and most cant even be arsed to try that hard.

Felt sorry for Mcbride as the only folk that ever showed for a pass were Riordan & Rankin, who invariably gives the ball away.

The best players in the world, Rooney, Messi Xavi, Iniesta have a fantastic work ethic.

Until some of the posers playing for Hibs get that we are stuffed.

For this reason alone I think Rankin should stay. But keep him away from creative play as much as possible. I believe he is the solution to our right back problems!

lyonhibs
26-04-2010, 10:33 AM
For this reason alone I think Rankin should stay. But keep him away from creative play as much as possible. I believe he is the solution to our right back problems!

I assume, hope and pray that you are joking.

Rankin may well not be here next season, but people are kidding themselves on if they think he is the root cause of the atrocious run of the form we've been going through over the past 3 months.

Long suffering
26-04-2010, 10:37 AM
McCormack and stevenson and galbraith, and nish possibly are the only nes id want punted. We dont need a mass overhaul of the quad just about 3 players 0r 4

Cocaine&Caviar
26-04-2010, 10:43 AM
McCormack and stevenson and galbraith, and nish possibly are the only nes id want punted. We dont need a mass overhaul of the quad just about 3 players 0r 4

Why on earth would you want to see the back of Galbraith? He's been very good whenever hes been involved, and as it stands hes the only natural left winger in the squad.

hibeezuco
26-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Granted the season isn't finished and we still have a good chance to hit europe, I'm just wondering how many new players us hibbys think we need.

I'd say at least 10.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to yesterday. I was there, we weren't as bad as we have been previously but it was like watching THEM play a training match against us.

Thoughts appreciated.

Big Frank
26-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Granted the season isn't finished and we still have a good chance to hit europe, I'm just wondering how many new players us hibbys think we need.

I'd say at least 10.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to yesterday. I was there, we weren't as bad as we have been previously but it was like watching THEM play a training match against us.

Thoughts appreciated.
:yawn::yawn:

:bye:

Sandy
26-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Why on earth would you want to see the back of Galbraith? He's been very good whenever hes been involved, and as it stands hes the only natural left winger in the squad.

Yup strange one that, never let us down when he has been given the chance, would definitely keep Danny.

houston1875
26-04-2010, 12:57 PM

I'd say at least 10.

Thoughts appreciated.

10? are you gonna release funds for these new players,everybodys saying we need this player and that kind of player,but quality players cost good hard cash and they need half decent wages? plus quality players you'll find usually end up at other clubs coz we wont bankrupt the club for players who might not work out?if we get quality at a tidy price ill be over the moon!!

plus a good coach/manager should be able to get the best/most out of a average bunch of players?

what are we paying Gow in wages and he aint even played a full game yet has he? maybe im wrong
:confused:

Sandy
26-04-2010, 12:58 PM

I'd say at least 10.

Thoughts appreciated.

Just seen your thread titled 'new team please' I suggest you go away and find one :bye:

Cocaine&Caviar
26-04-2010, 01:03 PM
What id like to see:

Out: Stack/Brown, McCann, Cregg, Stevenson (on loan), Benji, McCormack, Gow, and Maka.

Therefore a squad, that must play 4-4-2 of:

GK: Smith, Brown/Stack

DR: Gray, new player
DL: Mulgrew, new player
DC: Hanlon, new player
DC: Hogg, Thicot

MR: Wotherspoon, new player
ML: Zemmama, Galbraith
MC: Murray, McBride
MC: Miller, Rankin

ST: Stokes, Riordan
TM: Kyle/GOC, Nish

For me, 7 new players needed.

houston1875
26-04-2010, 01:08 PM
What id like to see:

Out: Stack/Brown, McCann, Cregg, Stevenson (on loan), Benji, McCormack, Gow, and Maka.

Therefore a squad, that must play 4-4-2 of:

GK: Smith, Brown/Stack

DR: Gray, new player
DL: Mulgrew, new player
DC: Hanlon, new player
DC: Hogg, Thicot

MR: Wotherspoon, new player
ML: Zemmama, Galbraith
MC: Murray, McBride
MC: Miller, Rankin

ST: Stokes, Riordan

absolutely nae danger we'll get mr GOC...he to good he'll end up staying in epl or going to championship? some mediocre scottish players in the championship gettin paid a fortune and GOC is far superior?

dont get me wrong id love to see him back at ER?

RoslinInstHibby
26-04-2010, 01:17 PM
What id like to see:

would love to se GOC back....but not playing as a lone target man

Cocaine&Caviar
26-04-2010, 01:26 PM
would love to se GOC back....but not playing as a lone target man

I said partnering either Stokes or Riordan.

SneakersO'Toole
26-04-2010, 01:36 PM
For me personally, the following are not good enough if we want to qualifying for Europe every season like Yogi is stating.

Maka/McCormack/Hogg/Cregg/Rankin/Stevenson/Nish/Benji

I don't care if Yogi keeps them or not. The point being that they can't be accruing 30games each per season if we want to be going places. They are squad players at best and should be used if/when are 1st choice players are out.

brydekirk
26-04-2010, 01:39 PM
what has Galbraith done that warrents this? :grr:

number9dream
26-04-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm not so sure 4-4-2 is the way to go when we have talent like Riordan, Zemmama and Stokes. I'd stick that trio up top every time, with Miller playing in behind.
To facilitate that we need two strong holding players and two galloping full-backs, who can get up and down the park.
McBride has shown he's up to it, while Rankin, superb athlete that he is, may not be disciplined enough or up to scratch with his passing.
Thicot could be the answer, although a question mark remains over his distribution.
If Booth is ready to challenge Murray at left-back, then IM provides another option in central midfield - his ball-winning is good but his passing often lets him down.
Wotherspoon can be a top player and in this system provides cover for Miller & Zemmama and at right-back.
I don't think we'll get as many as seven new players, as one poster suggests, but the priority must be a right-back and a holding midfielder.
Unless Bamba has a storming World Cup, I'm not so sure clubs will be queueing up for him.
McCormack and Stevenson should be sent off to Raith or Dunfermline on loan for a prolonged spell at CB and LM. It would be make or break time for them.

Benji, Cregg, Maka, Gow & McCann will be heading for the exit door...

Long suffering
26-04-2010, 01:52 PM

I realise I may be the only fan who says this but i honestly have not been impressed whenever i have seen him. He appears weak and surprisingly slow for a winger. I kno ill get pelters

Long suffering
26-04-2010, 01:54 PM
I know hes not had much of a chance but what i have seen of him ive not been impressed only IMO

Cocaine&Caviar
26-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I realise I may be the only fan who says this but i honestly have not been impressed whenever i have seen him. He appears weak and surprisingly slow for a winger. I kno ill get pelters

Im the exact opposite, whenever ive seen him he has automatically injected some real enthusiasm and pace into the game, and has looked to attack players and drive at them.

Long suffering
26-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Im the exact opposite, whenever ive seen him he has automatically injected some real enthusiasm and pace into the game, and has looked to attack players and drive at them.
i am sure virtually everyone is of the same opinion as you but Ive just personally not seen it, to me he just looks like a wee lad out of his depth but I will hold my hands up and say Im wrong if he goes on to do well next season

RoYO!
26-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Very good poll actually, surprised myself that I would empty about half of the list.

Perhaps 4 more players of high quality (realistically) and hold onto the quality which is here already- yes there is some! - and we'll be looking good I reckon.

Spudster
26-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Why is Riordan on the list but Stokes isn't?