PDA

View Full Version : Whats the script with Brown?

greenlex
25-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Stack is injured and Smith gets the gloves. Why no Brown on the bench when Hughes obviously doesnt rate Maka?:confused: What was the point in bringing him in in January?

Dunbar Hibee
25-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Stack is injured and Smith gets the gloves. Why no Brown on the bench when Hughes obviously doesnt rate Maka?:confused: What was the point in bringing him in in January?

He's injured!

Thomson1875
25-04-2010, 08:22 PM
what ive been thinking, he deserves a chance imo, mind you dont know how hes performing in training.

Bayern Bru
25-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I'd imagine he's not performing in training at all as he's injured.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=180848

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=180644

:wink:

Thecat23
25-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Funny how soon as Bamba is suspended Smith is back playing!!

greenlex
25-04-2010, 08:31 PM
I'd imagine he's not performing in training at all as he's injured.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=180848

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=180644

:wink:
With all the doom and gloom about I dont read every thread unlike your good self. :wink: Thank you for answering my question.

Scooter
25-04-2010, 08:37 PM
stack got a ball in the face on friday and hurt his eye

greenlex
25-04-2010, 08:39 PM
If this is unsubstantiated then your post wont last long. :greengrin

borstalboy
25-04-2010, 08:42 PM

I heard the same story, took a dull one to the face on Thursday (I think) and burst some vessel in his eye. Supposedly he couldnt see out one of his eyes on Friday as it had swollen so much.

That was from the physio's partner/wife.

ArabHibee
25-04-2010, 08:45 PM

I heard the same story, took a dull one to the face on Thursday (I think) and burst some vessel in his eye. Supposedly he couldnt see out one of his eyes on Friday as it had swollen so much.

That was from the physio's partner/wife.

More commonly known as a detached retina.

Bayern Bru
25-04-2010, 08:52 PM
With all the doom and gloom about I dont read every thread unlike your good self. :wink: Thank you for answering my question.

Neither do I - I just searched the linked threads :greengrin

I think he either badly sprained/broke his wrist in training and that's why he's not been making an appearance.

Scooter
25-04-2010, 08:56 PM

im just waiting mate :greengrin

it was a shot by benji btw

Brooster
26-04-2010, 06:56 AM
For the record: Stack has an eye injury and Brown has a broken wrist. Makalambay was told he could leave Hibs a few weeks ago to be with his ill father in Belgium but was recalled to be on the bench yesterday.

Sick Boy
26-04-2010, 10:34 AM
For the record: Stack has an eye injury and Brown has a broken wrist. Makalambay was told he could leave Hibs a few weeks ago to be with his ill father in Belgium but was recalled to be on the bench yesterday.

Maka's dad actually passed away but we had to recall him as with Flynn being away on loan and both Brown and Stack injured, he was the only keeper we had to put on the bench. He was flying back to Belgium last night to be with his family.

DaveF
26-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Maka's dad actually passed away but we had to recall him as with Flynn being away on loan and both Brown and Stack injured, he was the only keeper we had to put on the bench. He was flying back to Belgium last night to be with his family.

Good on Maka for coming back in such circumstances and helping the club out.

There are probably more than a few players who, knowing they were out on their ear at a club, who would have ignored such a request.

Personally, I wish Maka all the best wherever he ends up :agree:

Speedway
26-04-2010, 12:13 PM

And while that's both tragic news and a credit to Maka,it also shows Hughes' wisdom in signing the keepers that he did.

I wonder if he'll get acknowledged for that?