PDA

View Full Version : We'll Beat The Yams Next Week.......

Mikey
25-04-2010, 08:16 PM
........ if the team repeats the level of performance shown today and last week at Parkhead.

They're garbage.

Dunbar Hibee
25-04-2010, 08:19 PM
........ if the team repeats the level of performance shown today and last week at Parkhead.

They're garbage.

We have to really. Let's hope we're up for this derby.

Thomson1875
25-04-2010, 08:19 PM
lets hope so...

Hibernian - Keep the faith

HibbyAndy
25-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Hibs will win.Yes.

K.Marx
25-04-2010, 08:20 PM
:agree:

erin-go-bragh87
25-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Totally agree, we will play them off the park. Deek will take them apart if he plays like he did today.

Come on the hibs give us something to cheer about before the end of the season.

Fantic
25-04-2010, 08:21 PM
7-0

HibeeMcGinn1
25-04-2010, 08:23 PM

They're garbage.

my worry is that they will have more of the "fighting attitute" than us, like they did last time round. BUT if we go at it like we did today we can win. They are utter garbage. GGTTH

HibeeMcGinn1
25-04-2010, 08:23 PM
7-0

id ****ing cream

green.and.white
25-04-2010, 08:24 PM
If it was a *********** i wouldn't be as confident but i think we can take them at ER 'mon eh Hibbys!!!! :thumbsup:

darwenhibby
25-04-2010, 08:31 PM
my worry is that they will have more of the "fighting attitute" than us, like they did last time round. BUT if we go at it like we did today we can win. They are utter garbage. GGTTH

I have got to agree with you.

I hate it when it comes to a Derby game, we have on or two encouraging moments in a game and we think it is a formality against them.

We are work ourselves up all week only to be disappointed.

Reason being the Yams always know how to grind out a result when both teams are poor.

Lets see what happens next week before we start making big predictions.

Toaods
25-04-2010, 08:38 PM
...too many happy pills Mikey.

We stink and it's hard to see where this rot will stop before the seasons end. Even though they are indeed minging, we need to score first against the Yams and hope it knocks the stuffing out them, if they score first ER will empty on mass.

Alfred E Newman
25-04-2010, 09:37 PM
I admire your optimism lads but this is taking happy clapping to a new level.

jakedance
25-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Aye, why not? They're mince too. It's got 1-0 to someone written all over it.

monktonharp
25-04-2010, 10:00 PM

They're garbage.dont think you are taking happy clapping to a new level at all Mike. we will beat that Gorgie mob next week,of that I have no doubt. a couple of defeats against our top teams,by a goal differance of 1,were almost back to a good performance. Hibs 3 **** nil

iwasthere1972
25-04-2010, 10:10 PM

They're garbage.

:top marks

:notworthy: :notworthy:

truehibernian
25-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Watching the Hearts highlights, surely Hughes will have noticed the amount of chances created by simple balls over the top of Bouzid and Zaliuseless :agree: Also, how hungry and determined did Well look at supporting their striker(s). I'd even be tempted to throw in young Byrne alongside Stokes to be honest. My worry would be Templeton or Alf (Suso) on McCormack (if Hughes sticks to his policy of playing players who are currently playing sheeeite)

hibeedonald
25-04-2010, 10:16 PM
for some reason i have a really good feeling. 4-0.

Hainan Hibs
25-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Hibs will be utter class once again in making an incredibly sub-standard Hearts team look good along with the brilliance of managing to make Mikey Stewart look extremely decent.

I severely hope that the Hibs team finds the guts to not ***** it for once in a derby. I doubt it though.

Sir David Gray
25-04-2010, 10:26 PM
We have an uncanny knack of failing to beat Hearts even when they are absolutely woeful.

Both sides are going into this match in pretty shocking form but Hearts usually have a bit more fight and a bit more dig in derbies.

I'm not confident at all about next week.

I can see a 0-1 scoreline being on the cards.

RickyS
25-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Hibs will be utter class once again in making an incredibly sub-standard Hearts team look good along with the brilliance of managing to make Mikey Stewart look extremely decent.

I severely hope that the Hibs team finds the guts to not ***** it for once in a derby. I doubt it though.

I honestly hate to say it, but this is exactly how im feelin about it. they were gash yesterday but they very rarely keep a performance like that for us, whereas we tend to save one up for them. Mikey's best performances this season have come against us. maybe im just dreading it more because im only 20 yards from the Pink Ladies this time:grr:

Fantic
25-04-2010, 10:27 PM
we have an uncanny knack of failing to beat hearts even when they are absolutely woeful.

Both sides are going into this match in pretty shocking form but hearts usually have a bit more fight and a bit more dig in derbies.

I'm not confident at all about next week.

I can see a 0-1 scoreline being on the cards.

ltyf

greenlex
25-04-2010, 10:30 PM
FFS guys come on. They have managed to win one in how many Derbies recently? Why the pessimism? only the last one we didnt turn up. OK we havent been brilliant but thye are crap. **** them we will do them

HibeeMcGinn1
25-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Recently we have been laughed at by Ross County, Dundee Utd and Hamilton. Lost stupid goals in all 3 games plus at Parkhead and today. Although our performance against the OF has been decent I cant get too excited about this derby at the moment. I just hope we will have fight, which in my opinion will decide who gets the 3 points on the day.

GreenCastle
26-04-2010, 12:32 AM
All 3 yams this season we have under performed.

Lets hope for at least some passion!

basehibby
26-04-2010, 02:31 AM

They're garbage.

:agree: We're at home which makes a big difference. Also - there has been an improvement in the performance stakes and there's no reason to expect that diminishing vs the Yams.

Last derby of the season and a chance to make honours even - massive motivation there without even thinking about europe etc. - bring it on ! :thumbsup:

scoopyboy
26-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Watching the Hearts highlights, surely Hughes will have noticed the amount of chances created by simple balls over the top of Bouzid and Zaliuseless :agree: Also, how hungry and determined did Well look at supporting their striker(s). I'd even be tempted to throw in young Byrne alongside Stokes to be honest. My worry would be Templeton or Alf (Suso) on McCormack (if Hughes sticks to his policy of playing players who are currently playing sheeeite)

Nobody will take McCormack to the cleaners on Saturday

........... he's suspended.

Sandy
26-04-2010, 06:48 AM

Spoon back to RB and Miller to return from injury ?

Hibs90
26-04-2010, 08:41 AM

They're garbage.

I said the same after the game today, last two games we have played decent considering how bad we have been, if we keep that up against them we should pick up the 3 points.

Steve20
26-04-2010, 08:58 AM
The Hearts players will want it more, and we will lose.

hibs0666
26-04-2010, 08:59 AM

They're garbage.

It's going to be a game of two really ****** teams next weekend.

We've just gone on a pathetic run of 5 defeats. The yams have not managed to plumb those depths at any point in their season.

lyonhibs
26-04-2010, 09:06 AM
The Hearts players will want it more, and we will lose.

In a nutshell - the fact that Hibs have been getting minorily less hopeless - yet still losing - over the past couple of games will not make up for the fact that Hearts have won - quite easily - the midfield battle in the previous 3 derbies. Only their spectacular ineptitude in front of goal kept the score to anything remotely acceptable at Tynecastle last time out.

The possession retention allowed to us by a Rangers team sitting on a 1 goal lead will not be afforded to us by a Hearts team, and our crushing lack of pace (witness Davie Weir keeping up quite easily with Anthony Stokes :bitchy:) means the "simple balls over the top" option mooted earlier becomes a lot less viable, particularly if Wotherspoon is required to move back to RB.

The notion of actually starting Galbraith and moving Riordan up front might give us the pace we so desperately lack, at least on 1 side of the pitch, but I very much doubt Yogi will see fit to start Galbraith, or indeed even bring him on much before the 86th minute.

Bostonhibby
26-04-2010, 09:31 AM
In a nutshell - the fact that Hibs have been getting minorily less hopeless - yet still losing - over the past couple of games will not make up for the fact that Hearts have won - quite easily - the midfield battle in the previous 3 derbies. Only their spectacular ineptitude in front of goal kept the score to anything remotely acceptable at Tynecastle last time out.

The possession retention allowed to us by a Rangers team sitting on a 1 goal lead will not be afforded to us by a Hearts team, and our crushing lack of pace (witness Davie Weir keeping up quite easily with Anthony Stokes :bitchy:) means the "simple balls over the top" option mooted earlier becomes a lot less viable, particularly if Wotherspoon is required to move back to RB.

The notion of actually starting Galbraith and moving Riordan up front might give us the pace we so desperately lack, at least on 1 side of the pitch, but I very much doubt Yogi will see fit to start Galbraith, or indeed even bring him on much before the 86th minute.

A succinct summing up of how it is, how it might go, and arguably what we could do to change it around - Here's hoping as more of the same won't do against a one dimensional Yam side where the dimension is one we don't appear to be geared to match - suspect the midfield is where this one will be won and lost.
It would definitely make a difference to have a bit of pace up front - I would let Deeks play a roving role across the front as I think he genuinely scares them.......

M8UDB
26-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm usually bricking myself before playing them but im quietly confident about next week. If we play like we played yesterday then i think we can put a good few past them, hopefully the hunger is there and we can carry it on to the well game the next again week.
:notworthy:

Mikey
26-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Those of you who don't think we have a chance might want to remember one thing. Despite our poor run of results, the yams have only caught up about 5 points since Christmas.

What's to be worried about in that?

Mikey
26-04-2010, 11:32 AM
And......

A good number of their players were given a big fat 0 for their performance at home to Motherwell.

At least Hearts fans know their team is garbage, even if our fans are running scared.

Craig_in_Prague
26-04-2010, 11:37 AM
We all know fine well Hearts will be mighty pumped up for the game, and play well.
We have never looked like winning any of the 3 games so far this season against them, and they know they'll need to beat us to finish higher than 6th.

Can't see us winning this one.

truehibernian
26-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Cheers Scoop, didn't realise that. A game too far for McCann maybe, but I thought Wotherspoon came onto a game second half yesterday at right mid so I would not want to push him back to RB. Any news on the wee fall out with Daz and Stokes at training ??? I hear it was a belter.....literally :wink:

Mikey
26-04-2010, 12:51 PM
We all know fine well Hearts will be mighty pumped up for the game, and play well.
We have never looked like winning any of the 3 games so far this season against them, and they know they'll need to beat us to finish higher than 6th.

Of course they'll be up for it. Playing us is by far their biggest game of the season.

It doesn't alter the fact that their players are rubbish though.

jon_snows_tie
26-04-2010, 01:45 PM

They're garbage.

***** aye :notworthy:

hibiedude
26-04-2010, 02:49 PM
...too many happy pills Mikey.

We stink and it's hard to see where this rot will stop before the seasons end. Even though they are indeed minging, we need to score first against the Yams and hope it knocks the stuffing out them, if they score first ER will empty on mass.

I have to agree because the last 2 games against them have been the worst ive seen all season.

I agree the yams are rank rotten but in truth we are worse at this moment in time.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2010, 04:31 PM
We have an uncanny knack of failing to beat Hearts even when they are absolutely woeful.

Both sides are going into this match in pretty shocking form but Hearts usually have a bit more fight and a bit more dig in derbies.

:agree: They'll be having team talks all week about what they're going to do.

Hopefully we'll show a bit of fight for a change in a derby - if we match their effort (or even half their effort) we'll beat them. They're big and physical but that's about it.

Mikey
26-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Rangers and Celtic are big, physical sides just like Hearts but we've competed with them.

Even their usual carthorse tactics won't save them this time!

EasterRoad4Ever
26-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Rangers and Celtic are big, physical sides just like Hearts but we've competed with them.

Sorry, but anyone who has followed Hibs over the last 30 years in Derby matches will know that when the Yams have something to play for (they could at very least scupper our Euro chances) then they will invariably win. Hibs have a serious inferiority complex that is n the DNA of the club that ensured that we start the game 1 down before we even kick off. This latest clutch have proven over the season that they are an unfit, soft touch of wasters who don;t really give a hoot. So why all of a sudden would that defy tradition and expectations and have enough to be the Yams?

Dashing Bob S
26-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Yes, they are a poor side.

It's a just a pity that fact will have absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the outcome of the derby.

It's all about us. A committed, hungry performance and we'll do well. Anything less and I can see us all standing around like plums asking ourselves, "how the f uck did we lose 0-1 or 0-2 to that absolute load of garbage?"

Alfred E Newman
26-04-2010, 07:15 PM

Of course he might well have noticed how vulnerable they are but he will play with more or less the same formation, players and tactics that have brought us 5 defeats on the bounce.

Sas_The_Hibby
26-04-2010, 07:25 PM

They're garbage.

That should make it a draw then! :wink:

Mikey
26-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Hibs have a serious inferiority complex

The players or the fans?

HibeeMcGinn1
26-04-2010, 09:13 PM

do hearts not play sexy football? I thought thats the reason they were in the Champions League semi final? oh wait sorry, thats nexy year. :devil:

Sir David Gray
26-04-2010, 09:41 PM

They are but both sides, Celtic in particular, give us the time and space to spray passes around and allow us to play our style of football because they believe that they are still good enough to beat us.

I would be shocked if we got that time and space in a derby and if we're not up for the fight on Saturday and we play like we did in the previous derby at Tynecastle then we will lose.

Even at my relatively young age, I have experienced too many derbies to predict with any sort of confidence that we will beat Hearts on Saturday.

Teo10
27-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I think we will win 0-0 :agree::greengrin

Seriously though I hope we give them a f***ing doing :agree:

basehibby
27-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, they are a poor side.

It's a just a pity that fact will have absolutely no relevance whatsoever to the outcome of the derby.

It's all about us. A committed, hungry performance and we'll do well. Anything less and I can see us all standing around like plums asking ourselves, "how the f uck did we lose 0-1 or 0-2 to that absolute load of garbage?"

:agree: I think that's the crux of it - what makes me feel slightly optimistic is that Hibs have every reason to be fully motivated for this one. And if we match them for effort then I think we are a better side. Fingers crossed - would just LOVE to witness all the Yams' greetin pusses as they realise their season is well and truly OVER after getting humped at ER :thumbsup:

SneakersO'Toole
27-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Its got a boggin 0-0 or 1-1 all over it.

Would probably take it at this stage as well.

--------
27-04-2010, 12:06 PM

Oh dear.

Can't see it myself, Mikey. More likely we'll look pretty in the first 2/3 of the park, and fail miserably in front of goal.

Then we'll lose a stupid one, and the rest will be misery. :rolleyes:

khib70
27-04-2010, 12:09 PM

Defeatism:grr:Burn the witch!!!

khib70
27-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh dear.

Can't see it myself, Mikey. More likely we'll look pretty in the first 2/3 of the park, and fail miserably in front of goal.

Then we'll lose a stupid one, and the rest will be misery. :rolleyes:
Realism:grr:Burn the meenister!!!!

--------
27-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Realism:grr:Burn the meenister!!!!

AW NAW! NO THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

SawTheFamous5
02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Aye

I never leave before the end of any game.

My mate and I wished we had tho.

Couldnt think of anything funny or clever to say to Yam pals after, just hurt!

noseyhibby
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Sorry, but anyone who has followed Hibs over the last 30 years in Derby matches will know that when the Yams have something to play for (they could at very least scupper our Euro chances) then they will invariably win. Hibs have a serious inferiority complex that is n the DNA of the club that ensured that we start the game 1 down before we even kick off. This latest clutch have proven over the season that they are an unfit, soft touch of wasters who don;t really give a hoot. So why all of a sudden would that defy tradition and expectations and have enough to be the Yams?

:top marks

TheBoss
03-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Those of you who don't think we have a chance might want to remember one thing. Despite our poor run of results, the yams have only caught up about 5 points since Christmas.

What's to be worried about in that?

Make That EIGHT :faf:

HibbyAndy
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Make That EIGHT :faf:

Dinnae worry Fudley, Hibernian will still be above yous this season.

Post that over the road :cool2:

iwasthere1972
03-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Only me and 57 guests viewing this thread.

Yam Bassas :hnet: