PDA

View Full Version : Rules are rules

Newhaven
25-04-2010, 07:50 PM
KT goes in with a hard and reckless challenge in the first 5 minutes (100% yellow card) - NO BOOKING

Lafferty scores and celebrates right in front of the west stand baiting the hibs fans - NO BOOKING

Do the same rules not apply when playing the old firm :bitchy:

iwasthere1972
25-04-2010, 07:54 PM
KT goes in with a hard and reckless challenge in the first 5 minutes (100% yellow card) - NO BOOKING

Lafferty scores and celebrates right in front of the west stand baiting the hibs fans - NO BOOKING

Lafferty should have seen a straight red. :grr: Not for celebrating in front of the Hibs fans in the West Stand but for those dance moves. They are truly shocking. :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
25-04-2010, 07:55 PM
what was that about towards the end as well, lafferty picking up the ball and 'hiding' it behind the advertising board. how that wasn't a booking is beyond me.

mikethehibee69
25-04-2010, 07:56 PM
:top marks:grr:Vermin the lot of them, least the ref's lodge membership dues are covered for next year:wink:

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2010, 07:56 PM

Do the same rules not apply when playing the old firm :bitchy:Also the shoking lunge from Lafferty that Cregg (i think it was him anyway)just managed to get out of the way of or could have been badly hurt.

Cocaine&Caviar
25-04-2010, 07:58 PM
what was that about towards the end as well, lafferty picking up the ball and 'hiding' it behind the advertising board. how that wasn't a booking is beyond me.

He was literally 2 seconds away from a guy picking it up and lumping it at his head, but by the time he had it in his hands he had scarpered, and he could only hand it to Murray.

Archie70
25-04-2010, 08:03 PM
No they don't have the same rules. If you play for the Old Firm,

you can celebrate in front of the opposition
run into your own crowd to celebrate
you dictate where the free kick will be taken
how many yards away you stand for a freekick
if you are getting booked the referee must follow you as you walk away
you don't play your closest rival in a league decider
you don't play your closest rival 3 times away from home (unlike us at Motherwell)
you're fans are immune from repercussion or their sectarian ways
you'll get more press, tv and radio coverage than rest of league put together
you'll get a greater share of the sponsorship cash

The list goes on and sadly it'll never change because the hierarchy is rotten to the core.

Hibs Class
25-04-2010, 08:25 PM
To be honest, there wasn't a huge amount of difference between what Lafferty did to celebrate today and Deek at Tynecastle when he scored the pen.

green.and.white
25-04-2010, 08:27 PM
I hope they both just bugger off to england asap

Jones28
25-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Rules are NOT rules when playing the old firm!!

simple as that, no point in discussing it :agree::agree:

cabbageandribs1875
25-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I hope they both just bugger off to england asap

totally disagree :bitchy: do we seriously want the english public to witness the sectarian/bigoted/bile and hatred these clubs would have following them to each and every town they visit ? they are scotlands shame and they are OUR shame, the SFA/SPL bigwigs dont have the guts to dock these clubs points on account of the sectarian songs they sing, i used to think it was best if the polis upheld the law and waded in to arrest/eject the hordes of them obviously singing sectarin songs, but it's just simply not workable is it ? both of them have more or less cleaned up there act at there respective grounds but there away fans appear to think they are totally immune to the law, and until the clubs are finally docked points it's not gonna go away :dizzy: Unfortunately the bigotry/sectarianism is inherited and passed down from one generation to the next, decent english citizens just wouldn't understand/believe the hatred they would witness and why should they be forced to :bitchy:

Jonnyboy
25-04-2010, 10:10 PM
To be honest, there wasn't a huge amount of difference between what Lafferty did to celebrate today and Deek at Tynecastle when he scored the pen.

I know I'm getting on a bit but I'm pretty sure I didn't see Deek doing a stupid dance like Laugherty :greengrin

iwasthere1972
25-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I know I'm getting on a bit but I'm pretty sure I didn't see Deek doing a stupid dance like Laugherty :greengrin

:agree: Although I would say Lafferty's a better dancer than a footballer.

Jonnyboy
25-04-2010, 10:14 PM
:agree: Although I would say Lafferty's a better dancer than a footballer.

:agree:

Archie70
25-04-2010, 10:53 PM

There was a huge amount of difference.
Deeks at no point went to the touch line. Yes he raised his arm towards them but it was nothing like Lafferty today.

KinchHibee
25-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Just playing devil's advocate here but am i the only one whos not overly bothered about how a player celebrates scoring?

jakedance
25-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Just playing devil's advocate here but am i the only one whos not overly bothered about how a player celebrates scoring?

Nope. Me too. Some folk just can't wait for an opportunity to be offended. I think if someone like Lafferty takes dogs abuse for the whole game he has every right to take the piss a bit if he scores. There's not enough banter in the game.

truehibernian
25-04-2010, 11:43 PM
I can guarantee that the best ever booking in the world next week will be when Derek sticks in the winner in the 90th minute and gives all Los Yambolinos the cupped ear and the GIRFUY routine. Not many fans would really care then :greengrin

Kato
25-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Nope. Me too. Some folk just can't wait for an opportunity to be offended. I think if someone like Lafferty takes dogs abuse for the whole game he has every right to take the piss a bit if he scores. There's not enough banter in the game.

Don't care how anyone celebrates - however why one teams players are booked whilst another's is not is the question here.

truehibernian
25-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Can't disagree with that Kato, good point. It's the inconsistency of refereeing that causes this whole debate.