PDA

View Full Version : Benji

hibee_girl
25-04-2010, 07:36 PM
When was the last time he scored a goal for us that wasn't a penalty?

Wotherspiniesta
25-04-2010, 07:37 PM
In the cup V Montrose.

hibsbollah
25-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Montrose?

hibee_girl
25-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Forgot about that one, cheers :agree:

Billy Whizz
25-04-2010, 07:39 PM
When was the last time he scored a goal for us that wasn't a penalty?

I thought he did more in 15 minutes today than Stokes did in the previous 75. It's hard coming off the bench with 15 mins to go each week!
I've heard he's been told he's not getting a new contract and is heading for the French 2nd Division next season.

Arch Stanton
25-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I thought he did more in 15 minutes today than Stokes did in the previous 75. It's hard coming off the bench with 15 mins to go each week!
I've heard he's been told he's not getting a new contract and is heading for the French 2nd Division next season.

With any luck, before he goes, one of his teammates will set him up with a scoring chance and he will knock it in the same as he did in the CIS Cup final - lord knows he has set up a good few scoring chances for other players during his brief spells as a substitute this season.

Lang Toun Hibs
25-04-2010, 10:14 PM
When? Or have I missed the sarchasm in your post?

Billychaotic182
25-04-2010, 10:35 PM
I would like to keep benji at hibs.

sbell1875
25-04-2010, 10:44 PM
I'd keep him. If he's willing to stay on the bench this season then at least he's showing the will to be at the club unlike in the past. Sometimes I think I'd give him a start before Riordan. He's not done much the last wee while. I'd give Benji a shot

matty_f
25-04-2010, 10:58 PM
I like Benji, but for a player that's not going to dislodge Stokes or Riordan for a starting berth, and has only limited impact when he comes on as a sub, I think the wage could be better used to bring someone new to the club.

Pains me to say it, because I had high hopes for Benji, but we should be looking for a better return from players.

PC Stamp
25-04-2010, 11:03 PM
I like Benji, but for a player that's not going to dislodge Stokes or Riordan for a starting berth, and has only limited impact when he comes on as a sub, I think the wage could be better used to bring someone new to the club.

Pains me to say it, because I had high hopes for Benji, but we should be looking for a better return from players.

We looked a better side IMHO before the turn of the year when Benji was playing the role that big Nishy for some reason suddenly took over. I think it was against Falkirk at ER when Stack did his back in that Nish was supposedly brought in ahead of Benji because his height was better suited to that game. Since then Benji hasn't really had much more of a look in.

matty_f
25-04-2010, 11:11 PM
We looked a better side IMHO before the turn of the year when Benji was playing the role that big Nishy for some reason suddenly took over. I think it was against Falkirk at ER when Stack did his back in that Nish was supposedly brought in ahead of Benji because his height was better suited to that game. Since then Benji hasn't really had much more of a look in.

To be honest, Benji probably played that role better than Nish, however IMHO neither of them should be playing it. They are both forwards, not attacking midfielders (which is essentially what position it is, as far as I can see).

I'd rather we got someone who played there as their preferred/best position, rather than going for the makeshift option.

Dunno if Gow fits the bill there, sure he's played in that position in the past...