PDA

View Full Version : The SPL hierarchy said ...

Jack
25-04-2010, 06:28 PM
... a few years ago that it would so everything it could to ensure the league would not be decided at an OF derby. This followed some serious trouble when exactly that did happen.
Am I being paranoid thinking we never got, what looked like, a stonewall penalty and, what looked like, a good goal because ...

JimBHibees
25-04-2010, 07:10 PM
... a few years ago that it would so everything it could to ensure the league would not be decided at an OF derby. This followed some serious trouble when exactly that did happen.
Am I being paranoid thinking we never got, what looked like, a stonewall penalty and, what looked like, a good goal because ...

Honestly wouldnt rule it out. Rangers would have had a pen and a goal in a similar situation.

When you look at the last 2 games v Rangers. Games very close decisions have gone their way on both occasions. At Ibrox at 0-0 fat Boyd is allowed to clothes line Zouma, then at 1-0 and us still in the game they get a pen when absolutely no contact made on Miller. At ER today at 0-1 Deek is refused an IMO clearer pen than Miller got then Nish scores a perfectly good goal when McKokluch is allowed to feign a foul or be clever as McCann on Sky likes to describe it. Ref in Nish goal had a perfect view and if he had a backbone or more likely didnt stay in the WOS and was petrified of the fall out, would have given a goal.

Gatecrasher
25-04-2010, 07:13 PM
The tone of the game was set in the first minute with a miller handball and nothing happened, from that point I knew we were getting nothing

Sammy7nil
25-04-2010, 07:32 PM
:wink: Just paranoid :wink:
Decision even themselves out

Ritchie
25-04-2010, 07:36 PM
I said exactly the same to my mate today.

Thought we were not given some key decisions

Hermit Crab
25-04-2010, 07:38 PM

Maybe looking into it a bit too much. :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
25-04-2010, 07:52 PM

No you are quite correct. The sad thing is I think I´m getting immune to it.

LHWM
25-04-2010, 08:03 PM
:wink: Just paranoid :wink:
Decision even themselves out

Rangers get them in one game Celtic get them in the other.

Hibs Class
25-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I think it was just gross incompetence (rather than dishonesty) from someone who is laughingly described as one of Scotland's best up & coming referees

lapsedhibee
25-04-2010, 08:38 PM

Even if you are being paranoid - and I'm not saying you are - the fact that a fixture list has to be rigged to accommodate the uglies and their ****my moronic hordes says plenty about the utterly dire state of Scottish fitba.

woody47
25-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I think it was just gross incompetence (rather than dishonesty) from someone who is laughingly described as one of Scotland's best up & coming referees

INHO the ref is either a cheat or incompetent or even both.:grr: We didn't get one decision for us today. Three hand balls that I counted that were just played on, 1 definite, 1 maybe penalty decision not given and at least two scrotums that should have been booked but not given. As for the west linesman his ****ing blue jersey shone through the whole game.
I am sick to death with paying good hard earned money to watch an incompetent :asshole: with a whistle cheating me out of a result because he either hasn't got the cahones to give decisions against the **** from the west or just hasn't got a clue.
The sooner we get professional refs from down south to referee the SPL games the better.
Is it any surprise when the bigot bros play in Europe that they never do anything? They don't have the officials in their back pocket.

Toaods
25-04-2010, 08:50 PM

the fact Stuart Dougal rates him as one of the best speaks volumes.

Ed De Gramo
25-04-2010, 09:19 PM

if Gollum is being described as one of the best up and coming....we're all doomed!

The man is a cheat....plain and simple :agree:

James70
26-04-2010, 08:05 AM
No conspiracy, although Collum did his best to help the huns Ian Brines by the same token was doing his utmost to assist Celtic at Tannadice thus keeping the chances of a league decider next week open.

plhibs
26-04-2010, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=Supermac;2440236]No conspiracy, although Collum did his best to help the huns Ian Brines by the same token was doing his utmost to assist Celtic at Tannadice thus keeping the chances of a league decider next week open.[/QU

I was thinking that Brines was making sure United never got a chance to take the Champions League place from them.

JackRegan
26-04-2010, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE=Supermac;2440236]No conspiracy, although Collum did his best to help the huns Ian Brines by the same token was doing his utmost to assist Celtic at Tannadice thus keeping the chances of a league decider next week open.[/QU

I was thinking that Brines was making sure United never got a chance to take the Champions League place from them.

Whiel I agree that the sending off of Myrie Williams was harsh, it's the kind of sending off that see's Rangers play against ten men so often.

I would be grateful if you could enlighten me as to what decision affected teh outcome of our game v united - I really would. Indeed, had Brines applied the laws of the game correctly, United would have had two, maybe three other players sent off.

1875er
26-04-2010, 08:44 AM
The Penalty that Celtic got was never a penalty in a month of Sundays.....

hibbiedon
26-04-2010, 08:52 AM

if it was incompetence it would have been a two way thing, no it was cheating, did he incompetence gives us any decisions? no !

JackRegan
26-04-2010, 08:52 AM
The Penalty that Celtic got was never a penalty in a month of Sundays.....

:faf::faf::faf:

Of course united were a cert to get a last minute equaliser......

H18sry
26-04-2010, 08:57 AM

That was not the point:grr: If it was still 1-0 there is a chance of a last minute equalizer :rolleyes:

JackRegan
26-04-2010, 09:00 AM
That was not the point:grr: If it was still 1-0 there is a chance of a last minute equalizer :rolleyes:

Have you seem the penalty??

Stick on penalty, although less of a penalty than the one we were denied v Untied at the start of the season when even Craig Levien said "I think Darren(DOds) was dissappointed he never caught it".

Ho hum. Here's to next season. :greengrin

1875er
26-04-2010, 09:01 AM

Only an OF fan could come out with such a stupid and arrogant statement.... the point is any chance of an equaliser was denied them by a terrible decision.

The fact that you have not denied it was never a penalty speaks volumes.

JackRegan
26-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Only an OF fan could come out with such a stupid and arrogant statement.... the point is any chance of an equaliser was denied them by a terrible decision.

The fact that you have not denied it was never a penalty speaks volumes.

For the avoidance of doubt - It was a penalty.

Celtic were the better team and aside two good Chances, United never really troubled us, despite us losing both our Centre Halves.

greenlex
26-04-2010, 09:50 AM
For the avoidance of doubt - It was a penalty.

Celtic were the better team and aside two good Chances, United never really troubled us, despite us losing both our Centre Halves.
Dry yer eyes Jack you were second in the League to a far superior Rangers team.

Expecting Rain
26-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Some people wonder why Scottish football is in decline and attendances are lowering, why bother going at all, yesterday being a great example, Riordan is quite clearly fouled in the penalty box, Whittaker could have been booked on three occasions and McCulloch manages to outlaffertty Lafferty, diving when losing control of the flight of ball, i suggest that Rangers play Celtic 19 times at home and 19 times away, there`s plenty of incompetent refs for each occasion, meanwhile the rest of us can challenge for the a league that the rest of us can maintain an intrest in.

JackRegan
26-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Dry yer eyes Jack you were second in the League to a far superior Rangers team.

Where have I disputed that? I only came on becausesomeone on here said our penalty yesterday was not a penalty. :confused:

Dinkydoo
26-04-2010, 11:44 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing although was a bit scared to say!

IMHO the referee was either cheating or totally incompetant yesterday - if he didn't play his part then (even as poor as we were at times) we still would have come away from the game with at least a point.

Everything about yesterday was a ***** awful IMO and I just want to hurry up and forget it asap.

A win next weekend would do nicely :greengrin

Irish Al 2
26-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Where have I disputed that? I only came on becausesomeone on here said our penalty yesterday was not a penalty. :confused:

I've only seen it twice but I'm not convinced it should be a penalty. It seemed to me to be one of those ones when the attacker plays the ball past a defender and then runs straight into them. The defender makes no move to trip or bring down the attacker, just stands his ground. Did the keeper not just come out in front of McGeady who then just jumped into him?

I'd say it was soft, typical OF penalty.

dangermouse
26-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I've only seen it twice but I'm not convinced it should be a penalty. It seemed to me to be one of those ones when the attacker plays the ball past a defender and then runs straight into them. The defender makes no move to trip or bring down the attacker, just stands his ground. Did the keeper not just come out in front of McGeady who then just jumped into him?

I'd say it was soft, typical OF penalty.

Was watching this in the concourse of the West Lower and nobody could believe the ref had given a penalty.

If a referee considers that a penalty but another denies Deeks a stonewall decision it just highlights what fans have been crying out for and that's consistency (or in this case the lack of it). The only example of consistency I've seen of late were the two penalties in the games against Celtic, neither of which were penalties.

Big Frank
26-04-2010, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=plhibs;2440251]

Whiel I agree that the sending off of Myrie Williams was harsh, it's the kind of sending off that see's Rangers play against ten men so often.

I would be grateful if you could enlighten me as to what decision affected teh outcome of our game v united - I really would. Indeed, had Brines applied the laws of the game correctly, United would have had two, maybe three other players sent off.

Your a blether at times Jack.:rolleyes:

The "penalty" ensured your lot get a pop at Champions League football next year.

Yes, the huns get the decisions in glasgow derbies (mostly), and your lot have been at the wrong end of some shocking decisions this year against the huns.

But your lot get the decisions against every other team in the league. Home and away.

I'd love my team to get that. :agree:

PISTOL1875
26-04-2010, 04:50 PM

I agree with you 100%.. I said before the game Hibs had no chance of winning yesterday as a Hibs win would mean Rangers going to Parkhead needing just a point to win the league....

Sylar
26-04-2010, 05:20 PM

Time to clean your emerald glasses - if that was given against Boruc, you would have been screaming at "yet another decision going against you" - Christ, that sad tim git who has the blog running which lists all decisions benefitting Rangers and going against Celtic would have had a field-day!

It doesn't really matter whether it was United or Celtic in the 2nd Champions League spot anyway as regardless to who it is, they'll get turfed out in the first round.

Danderhall Hibs
26-04-2010, 06:14 PM

It's not an Old Firm game next weeked though?

dangermouse
27-04-2010, 07:58 AM
It's not an Old Firm game next weeked though?

I have a suggestion for the SPL match schedule. Make the first four games of the season OF derbies and that way come the split the title can never be won by them playing each other. That way maybe we would get some decisions post split.

Mikeystewart
27-04-2010, 08:01 AM

The thought did enter my mind about 5 seconds after Nish goal was dissalowed, but i just put it down to green tinted paranoia.

Danderhall Hibs
27-04-2010, 08:04 AM
I have a suggestion for the SPL match schedule. Make the first four games of the season OF derbies and that way come the split the title can never be won by them playing each other. That way maybe we would get some decisions post split.

:hilarious I like it.