PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McBride

Wotherspiniesta
25-04-2010, 05:31 PM
I think this guy deserves a thread of his own.

In a game where the players around him were barely moving, McBride was picking the ball up deep, looking to get things started.

He was covering the defence and looking to get things moving constantly. Unfortunately the others around him, (Cregg, Rankin and Stokes) in particular were all too happy to just stand about looking gormless.

Well done Kevin McBride today, we'll miss you next week.

KeithTheHibby
25-04-2010, 05:32 PM

In a game where the players around him were barely moving, McBride was picking the ball up deep, looking to get things started.

He was covering the defence and looking to get things moving constantly. Unfortunately the others around him, (Cregg, Rankin and Stokes) in particular were all too happy to just stand about looking gormless.

Thought McBride looked a lot like he did earlier in the season, very busy in the midfield and always playing the simple pass.

blackpoolhibs
25-04-2010, 05:39 PM
I think with the right players in front of him, he will do a great job for us protecting the back 4, and keeping possession of the ball for Hibs.

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Also thought he was good today.

Good deep playmaker tipe player(like alonso or pirlo)that will always try his best.

Billy Whizz
25-04-2010, 05:44 PM

I agree. I thought he had a terrific game. It's a shame he's suspended for the Hearts game!

lucky
25-04-2010, 05:47 PM
He has had a decent season but has been surrounded by a bunch of non triers. He well today again. Get back to his old self

Eaststand
25-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Yep, I agree with you 100% and he looks very good in some games including his movement and closing them down in todays game.
I reckon McBride would shine even more with a better standard of player around in our next season cos he'd find the runners with the right pass when good off the ball runs are being made

GGTTH

Spike Mandela
25-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Journeyman.

JoeT_WasTheBest
25-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Journeyman.

Aye, all around the park.

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 07:52 PM
He was our best midfielder today by some distance..

Shame he was asked to be the playmaker type instead of the holding role that he's been so good at..

Rankin, Cregg and Wotherspoon were basically non existant throughout which left McBride carrying the sword on his own..

Pity we didn't have Miller, Zemamma or even Galbraith in the midfield today cos with that blend of players McBride really shines..

matty_f
25-04-2010, 07:54 PM
He was our best midfielder today by some distance..

Shame he was asked to be the playmaker type instead of the holding role that he's been so good at..

Rankin, Cregg and Wotherspoon were basically non existant throughout which left McBride carrying the sword on his own..

Pity we didn't have Miller, Zemamma or even Galbraith in the midfield today cos with that blend of players McBride really shines..

I agree that McBride was our best midfielder, but I don't agree about Rankin, Cregg and Wotherspoon. I thought they all did well today. None of them are particularly creative players and I get what you're saying about Zouma, Miller and Galbraith (I agree with you on that part, too).

Judas Iscariot
25-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I agree that McBride was our best midfielder, but I don't agree about Rankin, Cregg and Wotherspoon. I thought they all did well today. None of them are particularly creative players and I get what you're saying about Zouma, Miller and Galbraith (I agree with you on that part, too).

I meant non existant in a attacking sense Matty, I felt sorry for Cregg and Spoony as they seemed lost deep in the middle of the park being asked to create, Wotherspoon more so!

I don't think any of them played badly maybe apart from Rankin who's use and distrubution of the ball is woeful at best!

Cregg, Rankin and McBride are all far too samey to have in the same midfield, ZERO creativity between them!

We really missed Miller today!

Wotherspiniesta
25-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I meant non existant in a attacking sense Matty, I felt sorry for Cregg and Spoony as they seemed lost deep in the middle of the park being asked to create, Wotherspoon more so!

I don't think any of them played badly maybe apart from Rankin who's use and distrubution of the ball is woeful at best!

Cregg, Rankin and McBride are all far too samey to have in the same midfield, ZERO creativity between them!

That was our main problem today, our lack of creativity from midfield.

How good would this midfield be:

..........................McBride................. ....

Wotherspoon.....Miller.....Zouma.....Riordan

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

matty_f
25-04-2010, 08:07 PM

:aok:

3pm
25-04-2010, 08:10 PM
That was our main problem today, our lack of creativity from midfield.

How good would this midfield be:

..........................McBride................. ....

Wotherspoon.....Miller.....Zouma.....Riordan

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Not very good.

Wotherspiniesta
25-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Not very good.

I meant creative wise Killjoy :greengrin

3pm
25-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Killjoy!! Ha Ha!!!